FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1375321 - 12/01/12 07:24 PM Congratulations Obama Voters!
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/11/30/reining-in-obama-and-his-drones/

You all deserve a big high five! 2500 murdered so far, and you've just begun. Just as your Killer-in-Chief will have doubled the debt by the time he leaves office, I have no doubt that you will also be able to double your total victim count by then.

Your capo may even snag another Peace Prize, if you exceed the 5,000 body count. And who knows...maybe there will be a Caribbean cruise in it for you foot soldiers and useful idiots, so you can rest your firing button fingers. If you can tear yourselves away from sweatily exulting, naked in a dark room, over your gun camera footage, that is.

And just think: 13% of the people you have been complicit in murdering were actually terrorist leaders. Sounds low, but for a herd of doctrinaire, mindless statists, that's an extremely high success rate.

You should be thanked for stepping up to the plate. I mean, who would ever support a known mass murderer, who promises to keep the blood of innocent people gushing, if it weren't for people like you?

I know that many of you voted for Obama because he "cares about people", and you are just bright enough to figure that the way to really help people is to incinerate them or reduce them to bits of shredded flesh.

So, keep on keeping on, you "Good Americans"...nobody does it quite like you do, and you can keep on patting yourselves on the back, if you don't mind the bloodstains on your clothes.

And when your killing spree causes the inevitable blowback, whether it's like 9/11 or something completely new, you can just pat yourselves on the back for causing that, too.

You people are really something special. You have a corrupt, lawless, and immoral government. You have exactly the government you voted for, which you so richly deserve.

Chalmers Johnson

FingerLakes1.com
#1375329 - 12/01/12 08:37 PM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: VM Smith]
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY
Missed a dose, did you?

If we can tone things down a notch, maybe you can actually reach a few 'open minds'.

Rather than just damning 50% of the voting population who voted the way they did for FAR more reasons than you enumerated.

Perhaps you could explain the facts as you understand them (at least that way you'd have a chance of reaching someone), otherwise the only converts you're going to attract are paranoid, conspiracy theory whack-job drones. Not that there aren't already a couple of those lurking around the forums.

The old Fire and Brimstone just doesn't work these days

#1375339 - 12/01/12 10:29 PM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: VM Smith]
ProAct Offline

Loc: New York State, Seneca County
Did you think that, if at the moment Romney was elected, all wars and terrorism would come to an end and the cliff-hanging economy would be cured?

Under Romney, the plan was to increase military spending. No surprise as to what that would do.

#1375342 - 12/01/12 10:46 PM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: Timbo]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Perhaps you could explain the facts

Americans don't want facts. They want emotions and comforting myths. There aren't enough open minds around to make it worth the effort to try to reach them.

Maybe you'd be better at it. I really can't think of any way to convince people that have voted to continue murdering people that it is wrong to do so, if they haven't learned the concept by the age of 5 or 6.

Yes, I'm aware that they voted for him because of his other promises, besides promising that he would continue their murder program.

But, just because someone is tall and handsome, and can lie convincingly, doesn't make voting to continue murdering people any more acceptable.

BTW...I also blame the Romnoids for voting for someone who promised to continue the butchery.

BUT...he's irrelevant...there is only one Killer-in-Chief. Only one man holds the title of the world's most destructive human...head of the world's most destructive state.

And his fellow killers stand and clap like trained seals.

In the end, it really doesn't matter to me. The hatred and blowback they are sowing, and the debt they vote for, will come back onto their own children. I don't have any.

I was just venting, on the principle that the beginning of wisdom is to call things and people what they are. The Obama useful idiots, AKA supporters of the military/security state, are people who will knowingly vote to have murder committed in their names.

And that's all that any decent human being really needs to know about them.

42.5% of eligible voters made the intelligent, principled choice.

BTW...it's not fire and brimstone; it's absolute contempt and loathing...this election finally pegged my disgustometer. The American people refuse to change; they choose to reap what they've sown.

Chalmers Johnson

#1375345 - 12/01/12 10:57 PM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: ProAct]

Originally Posted By: ProAct
Did you think that, if at the moment Romney was elected, all wars and terrorism would come to an end and the cliff-hanging economy would be cured?

Under Romney, the plan was to increase military spending. No surprise as to what that would do.

I'd like to hear the facts from Prozac too!

#1375347 - 12/01/12 11:26 PM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: ProAct]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: ProAct

Why are you fixated on the Mittster? He's an historical footnote. The problem we should all concentrate on sits in the WH.

Let me scrape off one comforting myth that seems to be permanently stuck to the shoes of some: that The Killer ended the Iraq war.

Shrub negotiated a SoF agreement that set the deadline for leaving Iraq as 12/11. The Drone Master wanted to extend that deadline and increase troops in Iraq by 10,000. The puppet Malaki had, at least, the sense to know that if he allowed you war criminals to stay, he'd end up hung from a lamp post by the Iraqi patriots.

However, your project is not lost; your Killer-in-Chief has found several other countries to commit your war crimes in. So, be of good cheer; your wars will continue.

Just think of all the children yet to be killed! It must be exciting to be a dem in these times! Wilson, FDR, and LBJ may well yet lose their standing in the record books, as far as your civilian body count goes, because the present Thug-in-Chief is the real deal. Nice job, Obomber Squad!

Hey...you've got midterms coming up...vote with pride, because there are still some brown people with oil to be killed...you can't rest yet; your Grand Project must continue!

Chalmers Johnson

#1375351 - 12/01/12 11:53 PM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: VM Smith]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
People obviously didnt choose Obama because he's a killer. You're an insulting old fool to think that people want war and if you still believe 'the people' really have a choice any more. Thank God the people chose the lesser of the two evils, even though it is still evil.
I hope I got all the cuss words out. If not, my apologies..

Anyways, here is a quick note pointing out the hypocrisy of focusing solely on drone strikes as a method of killing people.

So yesterday I posted a status message about “drone strikes,” relevant to the ongoing “warmonger” hype being leveled as President Obama. With the election tomorrow, I thought it would be a good chance to address some of my own pet issues while also making my case for my choice of president for the 2012 election, President Barack Obama.

I'm tired of hearing the "drone strikes" thing, too. "You support killing people with DRONE STRIKES?" How silly. I don't "support killing people," period. Unfortunately, sometimes some people don't leave you much choice.
Whether you do it with a drone strike, a pick-axe, or by forcing them to listen to 72 straight hours of Cassie Edwards audiobooks is irrelevant.
It's also true that some

times innocent people get killed in wars - by drone strikes, by bombs, by gunfire, even by hand. The way to fix that is not to simply screech madly about the weapon of choice; it is to evolve this species to the point that *nobody* attempts to make war.
War and the tools of murder will continue to evolve as long as we continue refusing to.

And there were responses, and about five dozen people “liked” the message, and a few folks shared it, and a few folks misunderstood what I was trying to say…and a few folks really misunderstood what I’m trying to say. I’m not going to name the person who wrote this comment, because it’s not my intent to “pick on” her or be hostile toward her personally, or even as a matter of replying to what she said. It is my intent to stop mincing words, because I just don’t think we have that luxury anymore.

So there was this response:

to state that you are sick of hearing about drones, says to me, you are sick of trying to figure it out

And this is mine:

Then you should probably try re-reading.

I guess I've been too polite here, so let me just stop playing games and get right to the point.

What I'm sick of is people in need of personal validation and a sense of doing something bitching about drone strikes as though it's the use of drones that's so bad and evil, but they don't seem to have a problem when we're killing people with guns, knives, bombs, missiles, torpedos, and anything else we can get our hands on including other people.

It's typical American short-sighted bullspit: nine big macs, fifteen large fries, and a diet coke "because I don't need all that sugar from regular coke, I'm on a diet."

It's appearances and the empty gestures of piety to offset the reality and ongoing support of all kinds of killing, all around the world.

I didn't see a bunch of Apple fanboys throw their phones away when the Foxconn suicides hit the papers, and they're still selling just fine.

I don't see people giving up diamond rings that have killed who knows how many workers around the world mining them.

I don't see people on any large scale giving up their cars that dump garbage into the atmosphere that's killing us all. We're so damned concerned with human life, but we don't stop sending soldiers to war for profit and political expedience. We're so damned concerned with OMG DRONE STRIKES COLLATERAL DAMAGE EVIL OBAMA, but we don't give a flying fart about the million and a half teenagers starving to death on our own streets.

Oh, we can get all KINDS of het up about "drone strikes" because that's "warmongering," but that doesn't stop us from turning right around and spewing "why should I have to pay" when someone in our neighborhood needs medical care or education. Oh, it's FINE if the old black lady down the street dies from cancer because she's broke and can't get it treated, because she'll do it QUIETLY and without REMINDING us that she's dying, but when it's DRONE STRIKES all of a sudden it's "save the brown people."

Who CARES if our meat is full of antibiotics and steroids that are killing us, our vegetables are full of genetic modifications that are doing who knows what and who cares as long as Monsanto makes a buck, our schools are forbidden to teach critical thought and required to teach creation myth, stunting scientific progress and ensuring the deaths of even MORE people?

All THAT stuff happens quietly and our of our sight, and fixing it requires that we *all* get off our asses. You know how many people our exported cigarettes - nevermind the ones at home - are killing? I don't see anyone shaking their fist about THAT, do you?

A lot of these same people biotching now about "drone strikes" were threatening to kill ME back in 2002 and 2003 when I kept saying that war in Iraq was a terrible idea and unjustified. We don't mind killing the SCARY brown people, but then when that voice in our head at 3am gets too loud we can raise all sorts of fuss about "drone strikes" and what a "warmonger" Obama is.

My favorite thing is that criticism is coming most often from the same brain-dead yahoos that agitated for the war in Iraq to begin with. When their pet goat goes in and firebombs entire cities that's "SHOCK AND AWE." When the guy they don't like calls a drone strike against a single terrorist camp and two or four innocent people get killed by it, it's "warmongering." What a bunch of sanctimonious self-righteous bullspit.

I bet more people died yesterday from diseases created by the cigarettes we export than from drone strikes. I bet more people died yesterday working for slave wages to make our jeans and shoes and phones than from drone strikes. Four children died in this country *yesterday* from abuse, but we can't even THINK about wondering if beating up little kids is a bad way to do things because that would require us to look at *our own personal* behavior, and that's just too much trouble.

We didn't care enough to even ask for decent evidence justifying war in Iraq. We don't care enough to pay into the pot so our neighbors can have health insurance. We don't care enough to stop poisoning our air, our water, our food supply, and our minds. And we KNOW we don't care, and we KNOW it's wrong, but we just plain don't give a rip, because fixing THOSE things requires us to get off our butts and maybe even give up a few cheap material comforts.

So let's just biotch about "drone strikes" instead, that way we can pat ourselves on the back for our deep concern for our fellow human beings...and we can make sure they live long enough to be profitable before we kill them quietly, off camera, where we don't have to be disturbed by the sight of blood and we can pretend it's not on our hands.

We can look down our nose at “welfare queens” and “parasites” in this country all day long and cut social programs that pay for food and health care, but no DRONE STRIKES, that would be wrong.

We can tell our gay couples that they’re not allowed to comfort each other in their final days because they’re not “married,” but no DRONE STRIKES, that would be wrong.

We can keep teaching our kids to bully and harass other kids who “ain’t like us” until they kill themselves, but no DRONE STRIKES, that would be wrong.

We can let our veterans live on the streets while pushing political ideology that allows corporations to hoard profit and pay out multi-million-dollar bonuses to executives as a reward for saving money by not hiring those veterans, but no DRONE STRIKES, that would be wrong.

And tomorrow, half the people in this country are going to go vote for President and cast their ballots for a guy who makes $90,000 a day as a reward for killing jobs and taking advantage of those slave-wage conditions in those countries where our jeans and shoes and computers are made, because he “saved us money.” A guy who will cut health care and social welfare programs for the poor. A guy who will slash education funding for those who can’t afford it. A guy who wants to turn disaster relief into a for-profit business. A guy who would rather force a child to have a child for the sake of pushing his own archaic and hateful need to control the sexuality of women and keep them all in “their place” as brood mares for the state, than to allow that child to make the sensible and reasoned decision to end her pregnancy before the life inside her is aware, self-sustaining, and capable of suffering.

A guy for whom the average American is just another liability to be ejected from the balance sheet.

But DRONE STRIKES are wrong.

NOW have I made myself clear?

I'm not "sick of trying to figure it out." I'm sick of everyone else trying NOT to.

I don’t support killing people at all, ever,but sometimes some people make it necessary. The worst kind of killing, though, isn’t when a deranged nutjob forces my hand by attacking innocent people unprovoked.

The worst kind of killing is when someone forces my hand because it’s not possible to have the majority of things I need to live and do anything with my life other than sit in a cabin in the woods divorced from the world, without *someone* dying for them, because we don’t give a damn about someone dying for our profit and comfort. We only give a damn when we can see it.

Obama 2012
And this is why neither the “drone strikes” canard nor the many other criticisms of the Obama administration – some legitimate, most not – have not convinced me to vote for anyone but Obama. War sucks. Killing sucks, whether it’s done by drone or stone. While my personal ideology is more in line with the Green Party’s Jill Stein, ultimately, than with the Obama administration, Stein has no chance of winning this election, and my vote for her will be a vote taken from Obama.

That isn’t just important because my vote might make the crucial difference. It’s important because a message MUST be sent, to the tea partiers and fake “libertarians” and those on the right who appear to have completely lost touch with sanity over the last four years: your politics of hate, entitlement, privilege, and deceit are no longer welcome in this nation. To make that point, we must not simply ensure an Obama victory, we must ensure an undeniable message is sent not just in the presidential election but in all state, local, and federal elections. That we know where the “divisiveness” is really coming from. That we understand the duplicity of “but he hit me back so he’s wrong” political manipulation. That we aren’t fooled by a Republican congress which has stood in the way of recovery and progress at every turn trying to blame the lack of recovery and progress on the very President whose policies they have consistently hobbled.

Not only that, we must make completely clear, once and for all, that we will no longer stand for these attempts at manipulation.

The Democratic Party is far from perfect, as are we all, but in this election our real choice is between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama. While I might not be certain that I’ll always agree with the Obama administration’s decisions, I am 100% certain that a Romney administration’s decisions will be destructive to this nation.

Mr. Romney's entire political life and campaign have provided substance from which reasonable conclusions may be drawn. One of the conclusions I have drawn is that he would be not only more hawkish, but more diplomatically inept, than Mr. Obama has been, or will be.
When contrasting not just the rhetoric of Mr. Obama to that of Mr. Romney, but the reactions of Mr. Obama and Mr. Bush to presented threats and various instances of need to engage in military action, it is quite clear to any lucid observer that Mr. Obama has far more consideration of the effects of that action and what is needed to ensure that it is legitimate and creates as few casualties as possible, on *all* sides.

Consider Mr. Obama’s action in Libya; an international coalition engaged in carefully targeted strikes to eliminate a specific target for reasons of humanitarian assistance to the people of Libya. Whether those people were pro- or anti-American was not a factor; they were being brutally oppressed by a regime which refused to let go of power, the international community came to a consensus that this was unacceptable, and in a series of quick, effective military actions that regime was removed from power.

Contrast this to Mr. Bush’s multi-trillion dollar “shock and awe” campaign, with thousands of dead US military personnel and at least tens of thousands of dead Iraqi civilians over a period of nearly a decade.
Contrast that to Mr. Romney: "When our grounds are being attacked and being breached, the first response should be outrage." This in response to the attack in Benghazi, the day after it happened (or possibly two days).
That is NOT the tone and mein of a leader who considers all courses of action and makes a measured and reasoned decision as to which is the best to take. That is the tone and mein of a saber-rattling blowhard who's likely to spark conflict simply by tripping over his own feet if by no other means.

I don’t like war. I think it’s wrong. I think killing anyone, for any reason is wrong. I also recognize sometimes, it’s the best of a series of bad options, and when there’s nothing else to be done then military action will take place. I don’t believe anyone has a right to take another human life…but I recognize that not everyone shares that belief, and that sometimes those who believe otherwise will continue killing until they are stopped from doing so, and that sometimes the only way to stop them is to kill them.

I find this regrettable and I hope that other solutions can be found as quickly as possible. Until then, I believe that the only credible candidate who will even make the attempt to avoid killing is Barack Obama, and I believe that for anyone who genuinely opposes war and violence and the dominance of the military-industrial complex, he is the only principled choice to lead this nation for the next four years.

Tags: drone strikes, Obama 2012, pacifism, war, violence, diplomacy, international relations, romney
Filed Under: Opinion

Edited by twocats (12/01/12 11:59 PM)

SUPPORT SOME OF OUR TROOPS

#1375353 - 12/01/12 11:59 PM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: VM Smith]

I believe Proact has to support the Obama regime, because the regime support him!

#1375354 - 12/02/12 12:03 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: twocats]

Quote:
People obviously didnt choose Obama because he's a killer. You're an insulting old fool to think that people want war and if you still believe 'the people' really have a choice any more. Thank God the people chose the lesser of the two evils, even though it is still evil.

How do you know Romney wasn't the lesser of the two evils?

#1375356 - 12/02/12 12:06 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus
I believe Proact has to support the Obama regime, because the regime support him!

... as it also supports you.

#1375359 - 12/02/12 12:18 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: Josephus]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
At what point did it become acceptable to throw around accusations and bold claims without backing it up with citation(s) or something resembling facts?

VM, is right on; the rest of you folks see through a tunnel most of thee time. Open Eyes wide, Open ears and listen.
Don't forget you haven't been there unless you have a DD-214,supporting your accusations and bold claims on what war,politics are all about. "GREED"

#1375360 - 12/02/12 12:21 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: I did it!]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Oh yeah... no one is fit to judge anything on war and politics unless they served in the miltary. If that's the case, your buddy Mitt Romney didn't have a voice either as he definitely lacks a DD-214.

BTW, I DO have a DD-214. As for Harley (and perhaps you too), that's still open to debate.

#1375363 - 12/02/12 12:31 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: twocats]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:

Obvious? You've got to be kidding.

Why would people vote for someone who is known to advocate and commit murder of innocent bystanders, and who was known to be in the process, right before the election, of codifying and organizing the process for more efficiency, and who was known to be pushing Congress to give him and his successors a legal fig leaf for such crimes, if they don't support those policies?

To any fool, old or young, with a brain bigger than a walnut, it is obvious that a vote for someone is an endorsement of his policies...in this case, repeated, with the firm promise of more to come, war crimes.

Hand washing didn't work for Pilate, and it won't work in the case of these war crimes, no matter how many times you click your heels.

You might wish it all to just disappear, but the people the war crimes are committed against will never, ever let you, or this state, shrug it off that blithely. Just because the American people have a 10 minute historical attention span doesn't mean that they can count on the survivors of their aggression to forget and forgive. I wouldn't, if I were them. I don't think any sane person would. They've watched the war criminals murder their friends and families for too long to give that nation a pass.

It's very, very simple: One either chooses to support the commission of war crimes, or one doesn't. We all must decide. The American people have made their choice, and their morality, obvious. Maybe just to old fools, though...many are still completely clueless. Well...maybe not clueless. Maybe they actively and deliberately endorse murder, which is the only other possibility.

Anyway, I don't really care what your nation does. When's the next strike? Will you send me some of your cool gun cam footage of that news crew, and their would-be rescuers, being disintegrated?

How about some of the helicopter/night cam footage of the Iraqi, or of the Afghan, having sex with donkeys? Think they're ready for democracy yet? I know...just kill a few thousand more of them, and they will finally see how superior the American system is. They will throw flowers at you...

USA! USA! It's great, no?

Chalmers Johnson

#1375366 - 12/02/12 01:07 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: Josephus]

Originally Posted By: Josephus
Oh yeah... no one is fit to judge anything on war and politics unless they served in the miltary. If that's the case, your buddy Mitt Romney didn't have a voice either as he definitely lacks a DD-214.

BTW, I DO have a DD-214. As for Harley (and perhaps you too), that's still open to debate.

If I don't have a DD-214, then I don't have this.

#1375367 - 12/02/12 01:10 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: I did it!]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Chalmers Johnson

#1375369 - 12/02/12 01:16 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: I did it!]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Chalmers Johnson

#1375370 - 12/02/12 01:21 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: ]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Anybody who knows who knows how the Viet Vet's MC feels about fake soldiers knows you have a DD 214. You wouldn't have been admitted without one.

Chalmers Johnson

#1375372 - 12/02/12 02:20 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

If I don't have a DD-214, then I don't have this.

...one would follow the other, but it's all up in the air.

#1375373 - 12/02/12 02:30 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: ]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Quote:

How do you know Romney wasn't the lesser of the two evils?

Because Romney would just as soon let more Americans die AND be a warmonger. Forgive my selfishness for a moment, but I still believe Americans should take care of each other. If we can't be bothered to not let people die here in our homeland, how can we ever imagine worrying about killing people in other lands? (I care, but it seems to be all the rage these days to hate thy neighbor.)

Examples:

"We can look down our nose at “welfare queens” and “parasites” in this country all day long and cut social programs that pay for food and health care, but no DRONE STRIKES, that would be wrong.

We can tell our gay couples that they’re not allowed to comfort each other in their final days because they’re not “married,” but no DRONE STRIKES, that would be wrong.

We can keep teaching our kids to bully and harass other kids who “ain’t like us” until they kill themselves, but no DRONE STRIKES, that would be wrong.

We can let our veterans live on the streets while pushing political ideology that allows corporations to hoard profit and pay out multi-million-dollar bonuses to executives as a reward for saving money by not hiring those veterans, but no DRONE STRIKES, that would be wrong."

SUPPORT SOME OF OUR TROOPS

#1375375 - 12/02/12 02:43 AM Re: Congratulations Obama Voters! [Re: twocats]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

I was kind of thinking that was a no-brainer, myself. One person (Obama) actually has some consideration for his fellow man... and the other one seems to only care about the profit margins. At least, that's the way I see how they compare.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >