FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1375193 - 11/30/12 10:26 AM Cornell Rape Report False: Police
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
Cornell Police: Report of Attempted Rape on Campus Was False

An attempted rape reported to have occurred on campus this September did not in fact happen, Cornell police announced Thursday. Police say there is “irrefutable evidence” that the allegations were false and they may pursue charges against the person who made the attempted rape report, Chief Kathy Zoner said.

On Sept. 27, a female reported to the Cornell University Police Department that a male assailant had grabbed her on the Trolley Bridge –– which connects Oak Avenue and the Engineering Quad –– and dragged her into the adjacent woods before attempting to rape her. The female told CUPD that there she struggled against her attacker before she was able to strike him in the face and flee from the scene.

But after an “exhaustive investigation,” CUPD says the attempted rape did not occur and that the case has been closed.

Zoner said that video evidence, among other sources, refuted the complainant’s claims.

“For the times in question, I have video showing the [complainant] is somewhere else,” Zoner said. “There is video and other objective evidence showing that [she was not] in the place she said she was.”

Over the course of their investigation, CUPD officers conducted interviews with a number of people, including the person who alleged the attack and her friends, potential suspects and witnesses. The information from these interviews, along with the video evidence, proved “wholly inconsistent with the account provided by the complainant,” according to CUPD.

Though the complainant has not been criminally charged, Zoner said this option is still under consideration.

“[The report] caused considerable alarm among community members and resulted in the allocation of substantial resources that could have been devoted to other incidents currently under investigation by the Cornell police,” she said.

NOVEMBER 29, 2012
BY KERRY CLOSE

FingerLakes1.com
#1375249 - 11/30/12 05:13 PM Re: Cornell Rape Report False: Police [Re: newsman38]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
This woman cost the tax payers lots of wasted time and money .She should be charged. What about the innocent mal in this case?

#1375256 - 11/30/12 07:32 PM Re: Cornell Rape Report False: Police [Re: I did it!]

Originally Posted By: I did it!
This woman cost the tax payers lots of wasted time and money .She should be charged. What about the innocent mal in this case?

Not meaning to sound disrespectful, I hope she gets the help she needs.