FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#1398405 --- 04/21/13 03:42 PM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Ohithere]
sands Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Ohithere
Originally Posted By: sands
You can over here. I have several "assault weapons" we can take to the range (you can be my guest) and maybe you will learn something. We can even test your theory, "any rube can hit a target with one."
Nice try at taking things out of context. Read the whole sentence. It's not, "I have several "assault weapons." it's "I have several "assault weapons" we can take to the range (you can be my guest) and maybe you will learn something."

I said I have some we can take to the range, never said I owned any.

FingerLakes1.com
#1398408 --- 04/21/13 03:59 PM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: sands]
Ohithere Offline

You can over here. I have several "assault weapons" we can take to the range (you can be my guest) and maybe you will learn something. We can even test your theory, "any rube can hit a target with one."
Nice try at taking things out of context. Read the whole sentence. It's not, "I have several "assault weapons." it's "I have several "assault weapons" we can take to the range (you can be my guest) and maybe you will learn something."

Context,range, what the hell are you babbling about? You have lied so much, you can't get your postings straight. Go back to debating the subject matter, I liked you better in that light rather than a sniveling idiot attempting to walk back something they lauded themselves on a few months ago.

#1398422 --- 04/21/13 05:32 PM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Ohithere]

Context,range, what the hell are you babbling about? You have lied so much, you can't get your postings straight. Go back to debating the subject matter, I liked you better in that light rather than a sniveling idiot attempting to walk back something they lauded themselves on a few months ago.

Blahahahahahahahaha... chill out papa, you sound like you're going to blow a head gasket...again.

#1398445 --- 04/21/13 08:29 PM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: twocats]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: twocats
You would LOVE Texas! Ever think of relocating?

I think Texas is already at full idiot capacity. Bush used up the last of it.

#1398549 --- 04/22/13 02:23 PM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: twocats]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA
Sarcasm and satire all rolled into one nice neat little package. \:\)

Obama is coming for my guns.

Obama is coming for YOUR guns.

So letís ease up on trying to determine what people over 200 years ago were thinking, and start using some common sense. If you want to waste your time trying to interpret outdated documents that have no bearing on modern society Ė stick to The Bible.

Ok...let's apply a little common sense. (I know, I shouldn't pick on drinking, because teachers LOVE to drink after a long day with those little buggers, but here we go.) There were over 13,000 drunk driving deaths in 2008. The NHTSA says that on average, one in three people will be involved in an alcohol related crash. The CDC says that the average drunk driver drives 80 times while intoxicated before his/her first arrest. (I am absolutely certain that the average shooter does not shoot someone 80 times before they are caught the first time.) Yup, if we want to save lives, it is all about the evil gun.

You think I have an issue with alcohol? You bet your fat butt I do. In my military career, I lost three guys in my direct command due to suicides (none invovling a gun). I lost over a dozen to alcohol related driving deaths (despite the hours and hours of training we received on drunk driving). Fine young men almost all under 25.

#1398554 --- 04/22/13 02:59 PM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Greymane]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Greymane
Sarcasm and satire all rolled into one nice neat little package. \:\)

Obama is coming for my guns.

Obama is coming for YOUR guns.

So letís ease up on trying to determine what people over 200 years ago were thinking, and start using some common sense. If you want to waste your time trying to interpret outdated documents that have no bearing on modern society Ė stick to The Bible.

Ok...let's apply a little common sense. (I know, I shouldn't pick on drinking, because teachers LOVE to drink after a long day with those little buggers, but here we go.) There were over 13,000 drunk driving deaths in 2008. The NHTSA says that on average, one in three people will be involved in an alcohol related crash. The CDC says that the average drunk driver drives 80 times while intoxicated before his/her first arrest. (I am absolutely certain that the average shooter does not shoot someone 80 times before they are caught the first time.) Yup, if we want to save lives, it is all about the evil gun.

You think I have an issue with alcohol? You bet your fat butt I do. In my military career, I lost three guys in my direct command due to suicides (none invovling a gun). I lost over a dozen to alcohol related driving deaths (despite the hours and hours of training we received on drunk driving). Fine young men almost all under 25.

Jeezuz Greymane. You'll pull just about anything out of your keister, won't you?

Teachers have one of the lowest rates of alcoholism of any profession out there.

Here:

http://alcoholrehab.com/family-friends-employers/professions-with-alcohol-problems/

More:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/12/29/drinking-stats-who-drinks-the-most-alcohol.html

Don't you guys EVER research anything, or do you just convince yourselves that you already know everything, intuitively?

#1398565 --- 04/22/13 03:50 PM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Greymane]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
The little people we work with aren't the biggest causes of stress; it's the big people. For me, the teaching is the easy part. It's all the other nonsense that sometimes gets under my skin.

I do agree though, that alcohol is the most dangerous drug out there. I never touch the stuff.

#1398568 --- 04/22/13 03:53 PM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: twocats]

The little people we work with aren't the biggest causes of stress; it's the big people. For me, the teaching is the easy part. It's all the other nonsense that sometimes gets under my skin.

I do agree though, that alcohol is the most dangerous drug out there. I never touch the stuff.
AA?

#1398599 --- 04/22/13 08:26 PM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: ]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Loc: USA
Maybe instead of trying to be sarcastic you should consider AA yourself, CJ, instead of getting hammered to the point that you black out like you reported a while back.

#1398601 --- 04/22/13 08:39 PM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Ohithere Offline

Originally Posted By: Lucinda Knotts
Maybe instead of trying to be sarcastic you should consider AA yourself, CJ, instead of getting hammered to the point that you black out like you reported a while back.

Agreed, I know that which you speak is genuine.

#1398602 --- 04/22/13 08:44 PM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

Right on Lucinda.

By the way, I always thought CJ was a tea-bagger...rather, tea-totaler.

If your not already too totaled care to clear that up homie?

#1398635 --- 04/23/13 07:28 AM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Timbo]
Greymane Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo
Don't you guys EVER research anything, or do you just convince yourselves that you already know everything, intuitively?

I guess the real question is, do you? Define "problem drinker" as used in the study (or is it actually used in the study)? Since the "link" to the study is dead, I doubt you even read it. As for the initial link you posted, since many teachers fall into more than one of the categories (and ALL fall into one) of "Who drinks the most alcohol?", I would think that this was a poor source for you to quote.

#1398637 --- 04/23/13 07:43 AM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Greymane]
Greymane Offline

I never said teachers were "problem drinkers". Having a couple after school is fine (as long as you don't get caught driving home after). The thing that used to annoy my wife when she worked in the school system is that her coworkers always wanted to "go have a few" after school. I am sure that was an anomaly, though.

#1398638 --- 04/23/13 07:51 AM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Lucinda Knotts]

I don't drink ....burrrp!

#1398643 --- 04/23/13 08:12 AM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: ]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Loc: USA
So you're just naturally in a flatulent hammered condition prone to blackouts?

#1398656 --- 04/23/13 10:08 AM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Greymane]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Greymane
I never said teachers were "problem drinkers". Having a couple after school is fine (as long as you don't get caught driving home after). The thing that used to annoy my wife when she worked in the school system is that her coworkers always wanted to "go have a few" after school. I am sure that was an anomaly, though.

No. You merely strongly suggested it. You did however, make a flat statement that is just as likely to be false, as true.

#1398658 --- 04/23/13 10:11 AM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Timbo]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
My mom was a teacher, she never drank.

I was a bartender for ten years. Teachers made up a small percentage of my customer base. (Thank god, because while not big drinkers they are bad tippers. Sorry, it's true!)

#1398667 --- 04/23/13 11:02 AM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Lucinda Knotts]

So you're just naturally in a flatulent hammered condition prone to blackouts?
I only blackout when I drive.

#1398675 --- 04/23/13 11:18 AM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: past tense]
Greymane Offline

Originally Posted By: past tense
My mom was a teacher, she never drank.

I was a bartender for ten years. Teachers made up a small percentage of my customer base. (Thank god, because while not big drinkers they are bad tippers. Sorry, it's true!)

That's because teachers can afford to go to classy joints. (JK, PT.)

#1398676 --- 04/23/13 11:20 AM Re: Obama to strip gun rights may start Civil War [Re: Greymane]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Funny 'cause the opposite is true!

Though I do prefer a dive to a classy joint, no matter what side of the bar I'm on.

Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >