Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1380922 --- 01/04/13 10:49 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
Honestly Offline

Loc: Penn Yan
Originally Posted By: j3668py
Originally Posted By: Bow Wow
Has there been official word from the Village? I have read about 'untrue events' on the forums before. I'll wait a while before I'll believe it.
Sunday night the mayor informed the trustees by email and Monday he told the village staff of her departure, tomorrow there will be a special VB meeting to accept her resignation. The VB has screwed her over big time, I hope she reveals all the wrong doing that she has witness over the years to the authorities and then files a lawsuit. Maybe a letter to the editor of the local paper describing all she knows would get the ball rolling, she has a lot of support from the public.
The VB made it official today at a special board meeting in which they accepted her resignation, they will now place a ad in the local paper for a village clerk\treasurer, requirements will be no experience necessarily, be able to perform work and duties of the trustees and the mayor should be doing, hire family and relatives of the board members, pay for hidden audits done on corrupt firemen without the boards knowledge and sign contracts that the clerk has no legal right to.
Ah, all in a days work. The board doesn't care because they're not engaged in their jobs at all! Don't talk about it then it didn't happen I guess.

Who cares, just let us tax payers just keep paying more, it's just money, what the heck.

FingerLakes1.com
#1380974 --- 01/05/13 10:54 AM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: Honestly]
C.I.Brown Offline

Loc: PY,NY
The biggest mistake that the Village Board can do is clone the former Clerk. We need a competent person to handle the finances of the village not someone who was a self proclaimed "boss". Afterall, that's why we elect a village board. They are suppose to run the village's affairs. The Village has a police chief to handle the police dept, a utilities manager and assistant utilities manager to handle the Utilities division, not to mention a highway supervisor, plenty of foremen,4 fire chiefs, Dan Doyle handling parks and the cemetery, and btw, an elected village board to oversee all functions. My advice is to not base the job on the former employee. You need someone who can handle the finances, and you don't necessarily need someone with a four year accounting degree. Just look around you in other municipalities, their clerks do not have accounting degrees and can handle the jobs. Afterall, the former clerk had a four year accounting degree and where did it get her?

#1381014 --- 01/05/13 02:26 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: C.I.Brown]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
I think the Village needs to hire someone who has some experience in Government/Municipal accounting procedures. I also think the Village threw Shawna into a position that probably was somewhat overwhelming seeing how she had no experience in Municipal finance practices.
Then they pretty much let her run the ship. It kinda was like 4-H. "Learning by doing". That is a good way to break in a bartender on a busy night, not such a good way to fill her position.
I think the "local" connection and the fact that they could pay her less than someone with experience clouded the Mayor's decision making process.

#1381024 --- 01/05/13 03:09 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: dj205]
j3668py Offline

Loc: new york
Originally Posted By: dj205
Happy now J3668py? \:\/

Happier than Mean Gene was after the former mayor gave him $10,000 to retire.

#1381052 --- 01/05/13 05:10 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
dj205 Offline

Loc: in my mind
Wow! Are you ever satiated?

#1381080 --- 01/05/13 07:56 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
Mean Gene Offline

Wrong, I was kinda sad that I agreed that I could not file any legal action against any village official as part of the agreement. I'm sure there was some one I could have sued but it was time to move on. \:\)

#1381170 --- 01/06/13 10:43 AM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: C.I.Brown]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: C.I.Brown
The biggest mistake that the Village Board can do is clone the former Clerk. We need a competent person to handle the finances of the village not someone who was a self proclaimed "boss". Afterall, that's why we elect a village board. They are suppose to run the village's affairs. The Village has a police chief to handle the police dept, a utilities manager and assistant utilities manager to handle the Utilities division, not to mention a highway supervisor, plenty of foremen,4 fire chiefs, Dan Doyle handling parks and the cemetery, and btw, an elected village board to oversee all functions. My advice is to not base the job on the former employee. You need someone who can handle the finances, and you don't necessarily need someone with a four year accounting degree. Just look around you in other municipalities, their clerks do not have accounting degrees and can handle the jobs. Afterall, the former clerk had a four year accounting degree and where did it get her?
I agree throw out the 4 year degree, hire someone who can do the job and soon.

#1381172 --- 01/06/13 10:52 AM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: Mean Gene]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene

Wrong, I was kinda sad that I agreed that I could not file any legal action against any village official as part of the agreement. I'm sure there was some one I could have sued but it was time to move on. \:\)
Gene you been telling us all along that the $10,000 payoff was to get you to retire to saved the village money, now it looks like that $10,000 was payed to you to buy your silence.

#1381178 --- 01/06/13 11:54 AM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
Its called hypocrisy. elections have consequences but so does the truth.

#1381204 --- 01/06/13 03:27 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
Mean Gene Offline

It's called "tongue in cheek" :). Someone once told me I would know when it was time to retire. It felt that way to me. I knew the village would save a lot of money if I retired as I was the last tier 1 person at the PD. I went to one of the trustees and told Him to make it worth my while. I was offered the 10k and took it. If I asked for more I probably would have received it.
Politicians come and go, if I wanted to stay I would have.

I do feel bad about a couple things that were done by the powers to be that will be a huge disservice to the village residents for several more years to come.

#1381322 --- 01/07/13 03:47 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: Mean Gene]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
It's called "tongue in cheek" :). Someone once told me I would know when it was time to retire. It felt that way to me. I knew the village would save a lot of money if I retired as I was the last tier 1 person at the PD. I went to one of the trustees and told Him to make it worth my while. I was offered the 10k and took it. If I asked for more I probably would have received it.
Politicians come and go, if I wanted to stay I would have.

I do feel bad about a couple things that were done by the powers to be that will be a huge disservice to the village residents for several more years to come.
Please explain about those couple of things.

#1381327 --- 01/07/13 04:15 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
Mean Gene Offline

As much as I would like too I will not. The people working there when I left knew what happened, I will leave it at that. Lets just say the village needlessly spent a lot of money thru decision making that didn't involve myself. \:\)

Edited by Mean Gene (01/07/13 05:33 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3