Topic Options
#1377374 --- 12/13/12 04:13 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
j3668py Offline

Loc: new york
Originally Posted By: j3668py
Originally Posted By: C.I.Brown
My inquiring mind has a few questions:

1. How long is she going to be out?
2. How much sick/personal/vacation time does she get?. Does all of her sick/personal/vacation time accumulate from year to year?
3. Why would any employer allow time off with pay when there are sick/personal/vacation times? There doesn't seem to be a need for sick days if you are just going to pay her anyway for not showing up to work. What a nice racket that a key employee can sit at home and collect full pay. This is why government doesn't work.

BTW, why is she out for a length of time? I understand that she is way behind on her work now. Isn't this only going to make her work behinder? I truly hope that she is all right.
Going on 5 weeks now, how does the village continue to operate without her?
Now the village has hired a former clerk who has already started to do her job, this was done only in executive session in violation of NYS laws. Next Tuesday the village will approve this illegal action at the village board meeting, now the village is paying twice the amount to put the books in order, mayor Church we don't care if you use to bounce her on your knee, get rid of her we can't afford a incompetent clerk.

Edited by j3668py (12/13/12 04:20 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1377473 --- 12/14/12 11:06 AM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
C.I.Brown Offline

Loc: PY,NY
Gee, Shawna has been out since the middle of October, and from what I hear, she is receiving full pay. Now we are paying someone else to come in and do her work? What is this person getting paid? Isn't that what deputy clerks are for? You know, to step in and take over when the boss is out? I'm sure that they are all cross-trained.

#1377641 --- 12/15/12 09:13 AM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: C.I.Brown]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: C.I.Brown
Gee, Shawna has been out since the middle of October, and from what I hear, she is receiving full pay. Now we are paying someone else to come in and do her work? What is this person getting paid? Isn't that what deputy clerks are for? You know, to step in and take over when the boss is out? I'm sure that they are all cross-trained.
This fill in former clerk has already put a in a full days work trying to close the books for last year that should of been done last September 1, at this Tuesday board meeting the board will finally make this employment legal by voting on his hiring and salary. Let's see $65,000 a year for the clerk plus benefits, $30,000 for independent auditors plus this fill in clerk's salary, when he's done doing the clerk's job I'm sure she will have a remarkable recovery and return to work just in time to ask for and receive a bigger pay increase than any other village employee has again as she has for the last 2 previous years.

Edited by j3668py (12/15/12 09:43 AM)

#1379480 --- 12/26/12 06:38 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
Bow Wow Offline

Loc: Dirt Pile
Is she feeling better yet?

#1379582 --- 12/27/12 02:00 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: Bow Wow]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: Bow Wow
Is she feeling better yet?
Yes she is now that her work has been done for her, I'm sure she will return to work soon just in time to ask for a big salary increase for all she has done.

#1379592 --- 12/27/12 02:49 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
yipes Offline

Loc: NY
you must get current, she resigned last friday

#1379593 --- 12/27/12 02:58 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: yipes]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Originally Posted By: yipes

I wish her well, I know she has two young ones to take care of. I wonder if she signed a non-disclosure agreement? If not, maybe she would be free to talk about some of the things she was told to do by certain people in the past.

#1379594 --- 12/27/12 02:58 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: yipes]
j3668py Offline

Thank you for the update, usually good news travels fast.

#1379597 --- 12/27/12 03:10 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: Mean Gene]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene

I wish her well, I know she has two young ones to take care of. I wonder if she signed a non-disclosure agreement? If not, maybe she would be free to talk about some of the things she was told to do by certain people in the past.
Maybe the house of cards will tumble, and the joker will fall the hardest.

#1379605 --- 12/27/12 05:13 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: yipes]
yatesgirl Offline

Loc: NYS
Great news. Now maybe the Village Board will appoint someone who has had experience in government accounting, but I doubt this will happen. The mayor will probably hire a crony probably someone who his relative or a relative of one of the trustees.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

#1379609 --- 12/27/12 05:38 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: yipes]
j3668py Offline

I don't blame her she was promised $70,000 after 5 years and the village board reneged, I hope she files a lawsuit.

#1379610 --- 12/27/12 05:41 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: yatesgirl]
Bow Wow Offline

Has there been official word from the Village? I have read about 'untrue events' on the forums before. I'll wait a while before I'll believe it.

#1379611 --- 12/27/12 06:13 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: Bow Wow]
j3668py Offline

Has there been official word from the Village? I have read about 'untrue events' on the forums before. I'll wait a while before I'll believe it.
Sunday night the mayor informed the trustees by email and Monday he told the village staff of her departure, tomorrow there will be a special VB meeting to accept her resignation. The VB has screwed her over big time, I hope she reveals all the wrong doing that she has witness over the years to the authorities and then files a lawsuit. Maybe a letter to the editor of the local paper describing all she knows would get the ball rolling, she has a lot of support from the public.

Edited by j3668py (12/27/12 06:14 PM)

#1379618 --- 12/27/12 07:48 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: Mean Gene]
Honestly Offline

Loc: Penn Yan
Originally Posted By: Mean Gene

Only if the right agency asks??

#1379619 --- 12/27/12 07:49 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
Honestly Offline

Loc: Penn Yan
Sunday night the mayor informed the trustees by email and Monday he told the village staff of her departure, tomorrow there will be a special VB meeting to accept her resignation. The VB has screwed her over big time, I hope she reveals all the wrong doing that she has witness over the years to the authorities and then files a lawsuit. Maybe a letter to the editor of the local paper describing all she knows would get the ball rolling, she has a lot of support from the public.
WE already know most if it. I wonder what the NYS Comptroller found out??

#1379730 --- 12/28/12 04:17 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
j3668py Offline

The VB made it official today at a special board meeting in which they accepted her resignation, they will now place a ad in the local paper for a village clerk\treasurer, requirements will be no experience necessarily, be able to perform work and duties of the trustees and the mayor should be doing, hire family and relatives of the board members, pay for hidden audits done on corrupt firemen without the boards knowledge and sign contracts that the clerk has no legal right to.

Edited by j3668py (12/28/12 04:21 PM)

#1380117 --- 12/31/12 02:38 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
C.I.Brown Offline

Loc: PY,NY
I'm in shock. I've been away and return to Ms. Wilber resigning? Why on earth would she resign from the most cushy job she will ever have? The village board has backed her every move, has covered up all her incompetent work, and continually reward her with high salary demands. I just don't get it? Have they started to advertise for the position? Or do they have someone in mind already? Now's the time to get your golf club membership up to date if you are looking for a job.

#1380140 --- 12/31/12 04:11 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: C.I.Brown]
TheKing Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes
get your resume in, I am sure you are more qualified than anyone else

#1380221 --- 01/01/13 10:58 AM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: Bow Wow]
Bow Wow Offline

I saw it in the paper, AND on the forums, so I guess I'll believe it. I'll agree with The King, and CI, get out your resumes and your memberships to the Country Club, Elks Club and PYFD filled out.

#1380730 --- 01/03/13 06:21 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: Bow Wow]
dj205 Offline

Loc: in my mind
Happy now J3668py? \:\/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >