FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1370634 - 10/27/12 09:27 AM SICK DAYS
j3668py Offline

Loc: new york
The Penn Yan village board has held 2 special village board meetings in the last week and have gone into executive session to discuss a personal problem. The village clerk is out sick and maybe will be for some time, the board has decided that they won't make her use her sick days which means she will be paid two days for every day that she is sick. Will all village workers receive this special treatment?

Edited by j3668py (10/27/12 09:28 AM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1370657 - 10/27/12 12:06 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
Honestly Offline

Loc: Penn Yan
Originally Posted By: j3668py
The Penn Yan village board has held 2 special village board meetings in the last week and have gone into executive session to discuss a personal problem. The village clerk is out sick and maybe will be for some time, the board has decided that they won't make her use her sick days which means she will be paid two days for every day that she is sick. Will all village workers receive this special treatment?
If she doesn't have to use her sick days should they stop calling them sick days?

#1370666 - 10/27/12 12:54 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: Honestly]
PY tax Payer Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY USA
Well that is bull.. She should be made to use them. And when they run out oh well you will have to live like the rest of us. Then maybe she will think twice before she takes sides.

#1370690 - 10/27/12 02:31 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: PY tax Payer]
laxman Offline

so does that mean she can sit home and get paid without using any sick or personal time she has coming to her. boy what a great bunch of guys we have on the village board,to do that for her.

#1370693 - 10/27/12 02:59 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: laxman]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: laxman
so does that mean she can sit home and get paid without using any sick or personal time she has coming to her. boy what a great bunch of guys we have on the village board,to do that for her.
Must be $65,000 a year isn't enough, do they have a second opinion from the doctor?

#1370708 - 10/27/12 05:11 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: laxman]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: laxman

#1370713 - 10/27/12 05:44 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: VM Smith]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
No I think you all have it wrong. She doesn't have to use sick leave but she shouldn't be paid at all or use her vacation time.
No work no pay unless one chooses to use their sick leaveor vacation time. Thinking any other ay is just plain nuts.

#1370714 - 10/27/12 06:18 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: I did it!]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: I did it!
No I think you all have it wrong. She doesn't have to use sick leave but she shouldn't be paid at all or use her vacation time.
No work no pay unless one chooses to use their sick leaveor vacation time. Thinking any other ay is just plain nuts.
She will receive full pay without using her sick, vacation or personal days, orders of the VB,

#1370720 - 10/27/12 08:01 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
If that's the fact then it's completely wrong. Did I miss why she is sick or out and not working? Damn I had the wrong job all my life. No work no pay unless I was to use my sick leave or personal leave. Something is missing in this story.
To think all the town/village people in Seneca Falls have a problem,well here's one that's unthinkable with me JMHO

#1370778 - 10/28/12 10:03 AM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: I did it!]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: I did it!
If that's the fact then it's completely wrong. Did I miss why she is sick or out and not working? Damn I had the wrong job all my life. No work no pay unless I was to use my sick leave or personal leave. Something is missing in this story.
To think all the town/village people in Seneca Falls have a problem,well here's one that's unthinkable with me JMHO
T The Penn Yan village board holds two special board meetings in one week immediately going into executive session, just for the purpose of helping one of the their inner circle employees obtain more pay then the law allows her to while she is out sick. This favoritism was done behind closed doors only, the VB failed to come out of executive session and vote on this matter in open session as required by the open meeting laws. Why isn't the press covering this clear violation of the open meeting laws and why the VB approved to pay this employee more that the law allows?

#1370815 - 10/28/12 01:08 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
PY tax Payer Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY USA
Well I still say it is Bull.... If you are sick then you use your sick time and if you still want money to come in then you better use your vacation time too. Then after that it is disability like the rest of the world. She must be the HIGHEST paid person in all the towns around here.

#1370918 - 10/29/12 07:21 AM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: PY tax Payer]
C.I.Brown Offline

Loc: PY,NY
My inquiring mind has a few questions:

1. How long is she going to be out?
2. How much sick/personal/vacation time does she get?. Does all of her sick/personal/vacation time accumulate from year to year?
3. Why would any employer allow time off with pay when there are sick/personal/vacation times? There doesn't seem to be a need for sick days if you are just going to pay her anyway for not showing up to work. What a nice racket that a key employee can sit at home and collect full pay. This is why government doesn't work.

BTW, why is she out for a length of time? I understand that she is way behind on her work now. Isn't this only going to make her work behinder? I truly hope that she is all right.

#1371168 - 10/30/12 04:25 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: C.I.Brown]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: C.I.Brown

2. How much sick/personal/vacation time does she get?. Does all of her sick/personal/vacation time accumulate from year to year?
3. Why would any employer allow time off with pay when there are sick/personal/vacation times? There doesn't seem to be a need for sick days if you are just going to pay her anyway for not showing up to work. What a nice racket that a key employee can sit at home and collect full pay. This is why government doesn't work.

BTW, why is she out for a length of time? I understand that she is way behind on her work now. Isn't this only going to make her work behinder? I truly hope that she is all right.
She might be all done now the village has been shopping around for a new clerk. The state comptroller's office informed the village board that it has has wrapped up its long audit of the water department and it doesn't look good, after hearing this the clerk took some kind of sick leave. Maybe this latest audit done by the state comptroller's office has unraveled more wrongdoings of those we trust with our tax dollars.

Edited by j3668py (10/30/12 04:30 PM)

#1373335 - 11/14/12 04:59 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: j3668py

She might be all done now the village has been shopping around for a new clerk. The state comptroller's office informed the village board that it has has wrapped up its long audit of the water department and it doesn't look good, after hearing this the clerk took some kind of sick leave. Maybe this latest audit done by the state comptroller's office has unraveled more wrongdoings of those we trust with our tax dollars.
Now it appears that at least $170,000 is unaccounted for in the WTP wholesale customer reserve account, I wonder where it can be?

#1373393 - 11/15/12 12:17 AM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: j3668py]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
I'm sure it can be found, those types of things leave a long paper trail.

#1374231 - 11/21/12 11:15 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: C.I.Brown]
S.P. King 4th Offline

Loc: PARTYING!
Originally Posted By: PY tax Payer
She must be the HIGHEST paid person in all the towns around here.

You mean highest paid public employee right? Also, I don't know what village employees make who the highest is, but a CLERK being the highest paid? Really? You do know there are ppl on the PYCSD that make over $100k a year... Golly, it's amazing what kinds of paychecks an education does get.

Behinder? Really? That's why Yates County & Penn Yan get's such a bad rep.

#1374235 - 11/21/12 11:32 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: Mean Gene]
S.P. King 4th Offline

Loc: PARTYING!
Originally Posted By: Mean Gene

MG,

What happened to all these people in town caught stealing from their employer? The office manager at rotosalt, the office manager chevy dealership (who else am I forgetting?)?

This has happened too many times in this county, anyone know what happened in these cases? Did anyone end up serving time or did they get a slap on the wrist for cutting checks from the business to fund their greed?

#1374288 - 11/22/12 02:32 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: S.P. King 4th]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Foil county court for the disposition.

#1374573 - 11/25/12 01:54 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: S.P. King 4th]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: S.P. King 4th
Originally Posted By: Mean Gene

MG,

What happened to all these people in town caught stealing from their employer? The office manager at rotosalt, the office manager chevy dealership (who else am I forgetting?)?

This has happened too many times in this county, anyone know what happened in these cases? Did anyone end up serving time or did they get a slap on the wrist for cutting checks from the business to fund their greed?
Most of them are now working for either the county or the village.

#1374574 - 11/25/12 01:56 PM Re: SICK DAYS [Re: C.I.Brown]
j3668py Offline

Going on 5 weeks now, how does the village continue to operate without her?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >