FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#1362495 --- 09/04/12 02:55 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: Carerinoa]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
The point of the discussion, to me anyway, is not to try to change a thing that has already happened, and thus is unchangeable, but to try to make sure that this sort of further abuse doesn't keep happening to tax victims, over and over, by causing people to think about it. It amounts to additional injury, and although I no longer live there, I'm still insulted.

Actions such as this are a main part of the reason I fled SFCSD, and they have caused me to focus on general principles, lately, as well as on specific smaller things, such as this particular armed robbery.

Edited by VM Smith (09/04/12 03:12 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1362496 --- 09/04/12 03:01 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: Carerinoa]
1moreagain Offline

Loc: corrupt seneca county
Originally Posted By: Carerinoa
Originally Posted By: 1moreagain
HAckley44 is under the age of 18 and a highschool student in seneca falls. So not only should he not be posting on the board but he is also living proof that seneca falls should of spent that 18 million dollars on their education program and not their sports facility.

Some of you are unbelieveable. Hackley44's age has nothing to do with any of this. He hasn't been rude or disrespectful, just stating his opinions. Many of the "ADULTS" on here are complete idiots on a daily basis. As far as how the money was spent, it's a done deal now, your comments and opinions mean nothing. Why not find a new subject like, the wasted money on all of the state testing.

Those of us that are idsrespectful etc on here do so after honeslty joing the forum. Unlike this youngster who lied to be able to join the forum . So are you advocating that the youth of today should lie cheat and steal through out their life?

#1362497 --- 09/04/12 03:16 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: VM Smith]
Family Man Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
The point of the discussion, to me anyway, is not to try to change a thing that has already happened, and thus is unchangeable, but to try to make sure that this sort of abuse doesn't keep happening to tax victims, over and over, by causing people to think about it.

I'm quite sure a vote occurred where the citizens of this school district had the opportunity to have their voices heard. This project was explained well and well publicized. You needed to get more of your ilk to the polls if you wanted this defeated. The fact remains that the majority who showed up to vote were in favor of the project. I was and that field will turn into a valuable community asset. Your posts, VM, have proven time and time again, that you have an issue with most expenditures of public money, regardless of where the money comes from. I also find it interesting that you attacked a student for their poor grammar, as you always do, as if that proves their opinions don't matter or don't count....elitism at it's best.

#1362498 --- 09/04/12 03:32 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: Family Man]
ovidtech Offline

Loc: Between.
"you have an issue with most expenditures of public money, regardless of where the money comes from"
I don't think there is any question where the "public" money comes from. And as for VM, he is one of the few who I look for when I come to the forums. I have yet seen him ruin a thread as so many do.

#1362499 --- 09/04/12 03:38 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: Bob_Mascari]
sox fan Offline

Loc: ny, usa
Personally, I think more money should go to renevate the Mynderse old Gymnasium. Now that we have a great football field, lets make a new gym. Sports is where its at. For those of you that oppose this, you probably were awful at sports anyway, an d envy the ones that excelled. Math department! HA ha!

#1362500 --- 09/04/12 03:41 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: 1moreagain]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: 1moreagain
Those of us that are idsrespectful etc on here do so after honeslty joing the forum. Unlike this youngster who lied to be able to join the forum . So are you advocating that the youth of today should lie cheat and steal through out their life?
Your spelling and grammar and sentence structure here are horrible. How old are you?

#1362501 --- 09/04/12 03:44 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: sox fan]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: sox fan
Personally, I think more money should go to renevate the Mynderse old Gymnasium. Now that we have a great football field, lets make a new gym. Sports is where its at. For those of you that oppose this, you probably were awful at sports anyway, an d envy the ones that excelled. Math department! HA ha!
More great grammar and spelling. Renovate not renevate. \:\( Math majors often become engineers that are in great demand nationwide and command very nice salaries of 100K or more. Well paid sports stars make a lot of money but the chances of becoming one are about the same odds as winning the lottery or being hit by lightening. The rest of the athletics end up working in fast food restaurants or equivalent jobs if they are lucky enough to have a job at all.

Edited by kyle585 (09/04/12 03:57 PM)

#1362503 --- 09/04/12 04:02 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: VM Smith]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
Quote:
At least the "township" can pitch in.

What do you mean by that? If you mean the Town of SF, that's been in SFCSD for many years...maybe since the initial centralization of SF schools. So is the eastern half of Fayette, down to the south Townline Road. If you want to net the big bucks, the net's got to be big enough to catch a lot of victims.

The west side of Leader road from 414 to 89 north all go to Seneca falls school.

#1362504 --- 09/04/12 04:13 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: Bob_Mascari]
I did it! Offline

Gym classes why are some schools without the class?
Waht happened to taking showers after gym classes starting at the 7th grade level. Or again am I mislead by rumors of this not being true.
When I went to school at Romulus there was always a gym class
I think way back to 3rd grade I believe.
We also had an 8 man football team, wore leather helmets and love evey minute of it. As one reply said your grades dictated if you'd be able to play sports, didn't amtter what kind of game or play offs were coming up you either had a good grade or didn;t play no matter what.

Lunch breaks we'd go to the gym and shoot baskets ,run lift weights and even some of the teachers played with us. Now that was fun!

#1362505 --- 09/04/12 04:14 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: kyle585]
sox fan Offline

i know countless people with 4 year degrees, even masters degrees, they too work at fast food places. Nothing wrong with that. My point is athletics are here and real, so deal with it at ALL costs. Id rather shoot for a sports scholarship with hard work and sweat, then maybe join the rhodes scholar at burger king, when all else fails.

#1362506 --- 09/04/12 04:23 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: ovidtech]
I did it! Offline

Originally Posted By: ovidtech
"you have an issue with most expenditures of public money, regardless of where the money comes from"
I don't think there is any question where the "public" money comes from. And as for VM, he is one of the few who I look for when I come to the forums. I have yet seen him ruin a thread as so many do.

Amen bro. He's my brother. A very educated person that loves train rides and good whine. Has pets. I went to visit him one day when he lived on route 89,he wasn't home but his puppy met me at the gate and played with my sneaker, he won I left with only one sneak, Oh! Doesn't matter he's still a great person
OBTW U-R-2 Mike.

#1362510 --- 09/04/12 04:44 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: sox fan]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
i know countless people with 4 year degrees, even masters degrees, they too work at fast food places. Nothing wrong with that.

From their point of view, there is probably something(s) wrong with both the educational system, and with the way the economy has been skewed and warped, largely by government action, I obviously believe. They didn't spend the time, money, and effort, IOW, so they could work at Burger King. Although, in this economy, most of them, young as they are, probably know that they are lucky to have any job.

Quote:
Id rather shoot for a sports scholarship with hard work and sweat, then maybe join the rhodes scholar at burger king, when all else fails.

Okay...you're through school, and you're not one of the relatively tiny, tiny number who are good enough for the pros. How does the athletic scholarship keep you from flipping burgers right alongside the "Rhodes Scholar"?

#1362512 --- 09/04/12 04:54 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: VM Smith]
Hackley44 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
I can't believe I'm getting bashed for my grammar on a local forum... I share my opinion and just because you don't agree with it you find a way to put it down. Thank you for the apology VM.. And thanks to those of you who stood up for me! Haha so with that said, evry 1 hve a gr8 night ;\) And btw for those wondering, I put in my real age and was still admitted. Sry 4 my txt tlk

#1362513 --- 09/04/12 04:56 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: Hackley44]
Hackley44 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
And don't worry all I am going to have my account deleted I can't stand this.

#1362515 --- 09/04/12 05:16 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: Hackley44]
Myndersex3devil Offline

Loc: New York
As a student at Mynderse, parents who put there kids in sports are not just giving their kids something to do for their free time. Sports builds endurance and gives kids the chance to try new things. The athletes on the Mynderse sports teams have to maintain their grades and attendance to school and practice's. While some kids who do not play sports also maintain good over all averages in school,sometimes sports gives students that extra boost to get their heads in the right spot. This is just my opinion as a student athlete at Mynderse.

#1362516 --- 09/04/12 05:19 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: VM Smith]
sox fan Offline

The athletic scholarship dosent, that's my point. In todays economy it's different than it was thirty years ago, when a four year degree was a handsome achievment going into the workforce. You had an advantage. Today you dont. There are no jobs! Now you have to pay back at least $80.000 in student loans, while working along side the "Rhodes Scholar" whose in the same boat. While student athletes are enjoying an 18 million dollar football field.. So What!

#1362517 --- 09/04/12 05:24 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: Family Man]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm quite sure a vote occurred where the citizens of this school district had the opportunity to have their voices heard.

Which means what? It doesn't matter whether you personally come around and point a gun at my head and make me give you money for whatever purpose, or whether you and half the people + one come around and do it. You can put all of the lipstick on the pig you want, and it is what it is.

Quote:
Your posts, VM, have proven time and time again, that you have an issue with most expenditures of public money, regardless of where the money comes from.

You make the mistake of thinking that I favor having any such thing as a "public" sphere.

"Regardless of where the money comes from"?! Is there more than one source of government money, other than taking it from the private sector?

Quote:
I also find it interesting that you attacked a student for their poor grammar, as you always do,

That's a lie; I don't always do that. And I wasn't attacking his grammar so much as pointing it out, and using it as an example of what often happens when the hard-working citizens' money is seized and used for stupid, harmful-to-education (harmful to the public, that is) projects such as this, rather than for education.

Essentially, quit playing games, and study; that's the purpose of people banding together and funding schools, whether they do it voluntarily, or are coerced.

Some private schools have sports teams, and some don't, but at least one can choose. If he has money for private school after having public school taxes seized from him, that is.

I probably never would have come to the position of considering the morality of the thing if I'd thought government, including all its tentacles, such as schools, was doing an adequate job, which I don't think it can, compared to what the private sector can do. It would have flown under my radar, and would be a non-issue now.

It's important to remember that, in the 19th C, when "public" education was being launched, the public was already being educated; American literacy rates were the envy of the world, higher than they are now, and rising.

Government didn't start "public" education; it took it over; it started government education, with the dismal results that are apparent now.

"Public" education, won't be done away with until government is done away with, as this Shanghaied but unbrainwashed member of the "public" thinks should, must, and will happen. I think it'll happen, but not in my lifetime. Meanwhile, this would be a good start, regarding education:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBqTljjTBWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBqTljjTBWA

Edited by VM Smith (09/04/12 06:40 PM)

#1362520 --- 09/04/12 06:25 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: ovidtech]
Fart in the Wind Offline

Loc: beneath the Utica Shale
Posted this a few weeks ago. Seems appropritate for here if you missed it

#1362521 --- 09/04/12 06:30 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: VM Smith]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
[quote=VM Smith]
Quote:
I'm quite sure a vote occurred where the citizens of this school district had the opportunity to have their voices heard.

The vote was skewed by all the recent high school grads who still got to have a say even though it was all emotion.

#1362522 --- 09/04/12 06:43 PM Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! [Re: Here's Johnny]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny
[quote=VM Smith]
Quote:

The vote was skewed by all the recent high school grads who still got to have a say even though it was all emotion.

Many elections are mostly emotion...maybe most. And the teachers vote en masse, and if the budget fails, they will just keep throwing a similar one up. Many of those who don't vote don't because they figure it's futile. Many vote with their feet.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >