Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1367984 - 10/10/12 07:09 PM Mom to Mitt: Stop Using My Son's Name
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Slain Navy SEAL's mother says, 'Don't trust Mitt Romney", stop using son's name

ELECTION 2012OCTOBER 10, 2012BY: LOU COLAGIOVANNISubscribe

Slain Navy SEAL Glen Doherty's mother says don't trust Mitt Romney!
Credits:† abc.com

The mother of a Navy SEAL who was killed during the terrorist attack on the U.S. embassy in Libya is speaking out against Mitt Romney. She is asking for him to not use her son's name as a part of his campaign, and also that she personally does not trust him.

Barbara Doherty, the mother of slain Navy seal Glen Doherty, had this to say:

He shouldnít make my sonís death part of his political agenda. Itís wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama.

As it happens ABC.com reported that Glen Doherty actually met Mitt Romney a few years ago. One of his friends, Elf Ellefsen, describes the interaction:

Mitt Romney approached him ultimately four times, using this private gathering as a political venture to further his image. He kept introducing himself as Mitt Romney, a political figure. The same introduction, the same opening line. Glen believed it to be very insincere and stale.

Video: Navy Seal
The Romney campaign has agreed to stop using Doherty as a talking point of his campaign, but not before making one final reference on Tuesday:

He told me that he keeps going back to the Middle East. He cares very deeply about the people there. He served in the military there, went back from time to time to offer security services and so forth to people there. You can imagine how I felt when I found out that he was one of the two former Navy SEALS killed in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

Barbara Doherty is not interested in Mitt Romney's praise or campaign rhetoric. She plainly said:

I donít trust Romney.

http://www.examiner.com/article/slain-na...sing-son-s-name

SUPPORT SOME OF OUR TROOPS

FingerLakes1.com
#1368001 - 10/10/12 09:30 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: twocats]
sands Offline

Loc: NY
October 9, 2012
SESAME STREET TELLS OBAMA: STOP USING BIG BIRD: In one of the dumbest political ads ever, the Obama campaign mocks Mitt Romney for his remarks about ending PBS subsidies. The adís incredible lack of substance (a recurrent theme with Obamaís election bid) seems insulting to the intelligence of the average voter. Sesame Street apparently doesnít like being used:

Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down.

OuchĖ take down by the Street!

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/153306/

#1368012 - 10/10/12 11:13 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: sands]
Code Red Offline

Loc: Out of my mind....
Romney is talking soldiers, maybe stretching the truth.
Obummer is talking Big Bird and Sesame Street.

Neither is fully on the up and up. But seriously, using Big Bird in your battle of wits? Whats next, "Liar, Liar, pants on fire"? Obummer sticking his tounge out at Romney? Maybe drawing mustaches on his posters? Or telling all his friends not to play with him, because he has cooties.
Neither is very truthful, can't think of a modern day president who has been 100% truthful. But I would at least like one who hasn't learned his campaign attack strategy from his school aged daughter.

#1368013 - 10/10/12 11:19 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: sands]
Ohithere Offline

Originally Posted By: sands
October 9, 2012
SESAME STREET TELLS OBAMA: STOP USING BIG BIRD: In one of the dumbest political ads ever, the Obama campaign mocks Mitt Romney for his remarks about ending PBS subsidies. The adís incredible lack of substance (a recurrent theme with Obamaís election bid) seems insulting to the intelligence of the average voter. Sesame Street apparently doesnít like being used:

Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down.

OuchĖ take down by the Street!

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/153306/

I am really straining the mind to correlate a grieving mother's request that Romney respect her son's honor in his attempt to gain political points vs. Obama making an idiot of himself by reinterating the Big Bird theme.

Edited by Ohithere (10/10/12 11:46 PM)

#1368029 - 10/11/12 05:29 AM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Ohithere]
Ranger Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: GOD's 1/2 acre
I can believe that once you've swallowed the koolaid your understanding gets a little messed up ;\)

#1368082 - 10/11/12 12:04 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Ranger]
Ohithere Offline

Originally Posted By: Ranger
I can believe that once you've swallowed the koolaid your understanding gets a little messed up ;\)

I will proudly state my party affilation as being libertarian. I have observed the rhetoric going back and forth with each opposing view. Both side espousing valid arguments,yet at other times the statements are just a futile and laughable as asking a person to believe that a Zebra is actually a dog. If making sound and well thought out decisions as to who will be the next POTUS and not vote based along party line even when your candidate is a crook,liar and overall dishonest individual,I guess you're right, I did consume the Kool-Aid. What mind altering concotion has you calling truth bearers,liars and liars being deemed factual and accurate. I think it's time to think for yourself maybe once in your life instead of being sheeplike. ;\)

#1368089 - 10/11/12 01:24 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Ohithere]
Zealot Offline

Loc: Yates
Originally Posted By: Ohithere
I will proudly state my party affilation as being libertarian.

I can think of nothing more polar opposite from Obama's policies and actions than the Preamble to the Libertarin Party's official platform:

"As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.

We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.

Consequently, we defend each person's right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power."

#1368093 - 10/11/12 01:40 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Zealot]
cwjga Offline

Originally Posted By: Zealot
I will proudly state my party affilation as being libertarian.

I can think of nothing more polar opposite from Obama's policies and actions than the Preamble to the Libertarin Party's official platform:

"As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.

We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.

Consequently, we defend each person's right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power."

That is because you know what a libertarian is.

#1368107 - 10/11/12 02:34 PM Re: Mom to Mitt: Stop Using My Son's Name [Re: twocats]
RentedMule Offline

#1368108 - 10/11/12 02:36 PM Re: Mom to Mitt: Stop Using My Son's Name [Re: RentedMule]
Zealot Offline

and this one:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/moth...ion_654163.html

Mother of Slain State Dept. Official Tired of Being Lied To and Stonewalled by Obama Administration

#1368113 - 10/11/12 03:29 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Ohithere]

I will proudly state my party affilation as being libertarian. I have observed the rhetoric going back and forth with each opposing view. Both side espousing valid arguments,yet at other times the statements are just a futile and laughable as asking a person to believe that a Zebra is actually a dog. If making sound and well thought out decisions as to who will be the next POTUS and not vote based along party line even when your candidate is a crook,liar and overall dishonest individual,I guess you're right, I did consume the Kool-Aid. What mind altering concotion has you calling truth bearers,liars and liars being deemed factual and accurate. I think it's time to think for yourself maybe once in your life instead of being sheeplike. ;\)
I think you are a DemOcrate hiding in libertarian cloths!

#1368117 - 10/11/12 03:53 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: ]
Ohithere Offline

Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

Smile, you mean Democrat. Now if you speak of proudly being a Republican, currently your party would be somewhat embarrassed as to how you articulate yourself and not to mention the overall character that you exude. The party is making some attempt in being more people friendly? ;\)

#1368121 - 10/11/12 04:03 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Ohithere]
Zealot Offline

currently your party would be somewhat embarrassed as to how you articulate yourself and not to mention the overall character that you exude.

No, that would be the elite ruling class. In general most republicans are down-to-earth, hard working, live and live sort of folk. We also have a wonderful sense of humor that allows us to enjoy people in the broader sense, including their quirks.

#1368123 - 10/11/12 04:07 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Zealot]
Hugh Rection Offline

Loc: Behind you

#1368124 - 10/11/12 04:09 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Ohithere]
Rascal Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Brewerton, NY, USA
The party is making some attempt in being more people friendly? ;\)

I see you're paying attention to the polls...

#1368125 - 10/11/12 04:18 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Rascal]
Ohithere Offline

Originally Posted By: Rascal
The party is making some attempt in being more people friendly? ;\)

I see you're paying attention to the polls...

Polls are relative barometers of a miniscule sample of people's opinion concerning candidates. remember my friend,votes elect candidates, not polls.

#1368126 - 10/11/12 04:19 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Hugh Rection]
cwjga Offline

the top 3 oil companies paid 42.8 billion in taxes in 2010

Big Bird paid 0, despite pulling in millions in revenue.

Yea oil companies are the problem, wait I thought it was the 1%.

No matter if they don't stop spending more then they have we are all screwed.

Edited by cwjga (10/11/12 04:19 PM)

#1368133 - 10/11/12 04:56 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Ohithere]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County

Smile, you mean Democrat. Now if you speak of proudly being a Republican, currently your party would be somewhat embarrassed as to how you articulate yourself and not to mention the overall character that you exude. The party is making some attempt in being more people friendly? ;\)

actually I think it's DUMOCRAT.

#1368137 - 10/11/12 05:11 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: SportsRef1]
Ohithere Offline

Originally Posted By: SportsRef1

Theres an article that states:The study of psychology teaches us that when someone resorts to name calling, it usually speaks to feelings of inferiority and a feeling of inadequacy of the person doing the name calling. People stoop to the process of name calling when they feel lesser and need to make themselves feel more powerful. I detect fear that a Obama win will destroy all your efforts of the vitriol hatred. I rather see Ron Paul win myself but name calling won't make it happen, it only verifies that we sometimes have ignorant voters?

Edited by Ohithere (10/11/12 05:24 PM)

#1368138 - 10/11/12 05:32 PM Re: Big Bird to Obama: Stop Using My Name [Re: Ohithere]

Originally Posted By: SportsRef1

Theres an article that states:The study of psychology teaches us that when someone resorts to name calling, it usually speaks to feelings of inferiority and a feeling of inadequacy of the person doing the name calling. People stoop to the process of name calling when they feel lesser and need to make themselves feel more powerful. I detect fear that a Obama win will destroy all your efforts of the vitriol hatred. I rather see Ron Paul win myself but name calling won't make it happen, it only verifies that we sometimes have ignorant voters?
Ahahahahahahahahaha...Al is that you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >