FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1367875 - 10/10/12 08:47 AM Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1

Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1
Military To Obama – WE SUPPORT ROMNEY

by Ulsterman on October 8, 2012
The latest Military Times poll shows an overwhelming majority of military personnel favoring a Mitt Romney victory against Barack Obama in 2012 with the two most important issues being those of character and the economy. If Barack Obama as Commander in Chief is so lacking in support among our military, shouldn’t he also then lose support as president among America’s civilian population as well?
The professional core of the U.S. military overwhelmingly favors Mitt Romney over President Obama in the upcoming election — but not because of any particular military issues, according to a new poll of more than 3,100 active and reserve troops.

Respondents rated the economy and the candidates’ character as their most important considerations.

Almost 80 percent of respondents have a college degree — including 27 percent with a graduate degree and more than 11 percent with a post-graduate degree — while an additional 18.5 percent have some college under their belts.

And they are battle-hardened; almost 29 percent have spent more than two cumulative years deployed since 9/11, while a similar percentage has spent one to two cumulative years deployed.

FingerLakes1.com
#1367885 - 10/10/12 09:20 AM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
It's no surprise that the military favors a conservative candidate. Interesting to note that the DoD continues to see their annual budget rise under Obama though.

Of course, polls don't really mean much. A random survey would mean something, but polls tend be skewed, IMHO.

#1367897 - 10/10/12 11:11 AM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Josephus]

Originally Posted By: Josephus
It's no surprise that the military favors a conservative candidate. Interesting to note that the DoD continues to see their annual budget rise under Obama though.

Of course, polls don't really mean much. A random survey would mean something, but polls tend be skewed, IMHO.

So impeding the military vote would be the right thing for Obamaroma to do?

#1367899 - 10/10/12 11:38 AM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: ]
Zealot Offline

Loc: Yates
No surprise then that after the 2008 election it was discovered that only 20 percent of the 2.6 million military voters had their votes actually counted. Congress passed the MOVE Act. The Military and Overseas Voter Empowermnent Act. This act mandated that military absentee ballots be sent to servicemen 45 days prior to Election Day. That deadline expired weeks ago. Our soldiers are complaining they never got their ballots. The MOVE act also required offices on every military installation be opened to help military personnel vote. The Washington Times tried to contact these offices on many military bases. In half the attempts they couldn’t find the office.

But this is not something you will hear about on CNN, MSNBC, or even your local ABC, NBC, CBS affiliate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/28/exclusive-doj-stalls-voter-registration-law-military/

#1367912 - 10/10/12 01:22 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Zealot]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

... and naturally all of this is Obama's fault, right?

#1367913 - 10/10/12 01:22 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

Do you have proof that he personally did this or ordered this?

#1367921 - 10/10/12 02:16 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Josephus]

Do you have proof that he personally did this or ordered this?
Do I personally have proof...no! But I did find a news story that Obama's boy the criminal AG Eric Holder is.

Obama Campaign Sues to Restrict Military Voting

President Barack Obama, along with many Democrats, likes to say that, while they may disagree with the GOP on many issues related to national security, they absolutely share their admiration and dedication to members of our armed forces. Obama, in particular, enjoys being seen visiting troops and having photos taken with members of our military. So, why is his campaign and the Democrat party suing to restrict their ability to vote in the upcoming election?

On July 17th, the Obama for America Campaign, the Democratic National Committee, and the Ohio Democratic Party filed suit in OH to strike down part of that state's law governing voting by members of the military. Their suit said that part of the law is "arbitrary" with "no discernible rational basis."

Currently, Ohio allows the public to vote early in-person up until the Friday before the election. Members of the military are given three extra days to do so. While the Democrats may see this as "arbitrary" and having "no discernible rational basis," I think it is entirely reasonable given the demands on servicemen and women's time and their obligations to their sworn duty.

The National Defense Committee reports:

[f]or each of the last three years, the Department of Defense’s Federal Voting Assistance Program has reported to the President and the Congress that the number one reason for military voter disenfranchisement is inadequate time to successfully vote.

I think it's unconscionable that we as a nation wouldn't make it as easy as possible for members of the military to vote. They arguably have more right to vote than the rest of us, since it is their service and sacrifice that ensures we have the right to vote in the first place.

If anyone proposes legislation to combat voter fraud, Democrats will loudly scream that the proposal could "disenfranchise" some voter, somewhere. We must ensure, they argue, that voting is easy and accessible to every single voter. Every voter, that is, except the men and women of our military.

Make no mistake, the Democrat lawsuit is intended to disenfranchise some unknown number of military voters. The judge should reject it with prejudice.

#1367925 - 10/10/12 02:23 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Josephus]
Zealot Offline

Well, I do believe that he is ultimately responsible for what his justice department does. Holder was his pick and with everything else Holder has been involved in I am very suprised that he has not yet been asked to resign. The fact that Holder has never been held accountable is most certainly Obama's fault.

#1367934 - 10/10/12 02:54 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Zealot]
Ohithere Offline

Originally Posted By: Zealot

Well, I do believe that he is ultimately responsible for what his justice department does. Holder was his pick and with everything else Holder has been involved in I am very suprised that he has not yet been asked to resign. The fact that Holder has never been held accountable is most certainly Obama's fault.

I Agree whole heartedly. The U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003 was suggested by members of Bush's cabinet along with his VP? Do you believe that Bush should be held responsible, even today for that 10 year debacle? seeing that 2 war have impact us negatively financially and globally, not to mention the lost lives of our American soldiers.

#1367938 - 10/10/12 03:01 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Ohithere]
Zealot Offline

Originally Posted By: Ohithere

I Agree whole heartedly. The U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003 was suggested by members of Bush's cabinet along with his VP? Do you believe that Bush should be held responsible, even today for that 10 year debacle? seeing that 2 war have impact us negatively financially and globally, not to mention the lost lives of our American soldiers.

Absolutely. I believe that Bush holds himself responsible; have heard him say so in an interview.

Edited by Zealot (10/10/12 03:02 PM)

#1367940 - 10/10/12 03:06 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Zealot]
Ohithere Offline

Absolutely. I believe that Bush holds himself responsible; have heard him say so in an interview.

In retrospect ,who was fired or ask to resign from his cabinet? Particularily his Military personel

#1367943 - 10/10/12 03:09 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Ohithere]
Zealot Offline

In retrospect ,who was fired or ask to resign from his cabinet? Particularily his Military personel

Fired for what?

#1367944 - 10/10/12 03:09 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Zealot]
Zealot Offline

"It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong," Bush said during his fourth and final speech before Thursday's vote for Iraq's parliament. "As president I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq. And I'm also responsible for fixing what went wrong by reforming our intelligence capabilities. And we're doing just that."

#1367946 - 10/10/12 03:14 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Zealot]
Ohithere Offline

How did Bush remedy or "fix" the problem?

Edited by Ohithere (10/10/12 03:15 PM)

#1367947 - 10/10/12 03:17 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Ohithere]

What's Bush have to do with the military vote being suppressed by Obama and his cronies?

#1367948 - 10/10/12 03:18 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: ]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY

What's Bush have to do with the military vote being suppressed by Obama and his cronies?

Nothing, just the usaual attempt to change the subject.

#1367950 - 10/10/12 03:20 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Ohithere]
Zealot Offline

I bet you can answer that question your self but if it helps any both Colin Powell and George Tenet issued resignations, both were faulted at least partially with bad intelligence. And I believe that one of the reasons the Dept. of Homeland Security was established was to attempt to centralized terroist intel. I'm sure that there is much more but you seem to need the history lesson more than I.

The point is you will never hear our ruler-in-chief take responsibility for anything. He has a DOJ out of control, with no accountability and answering to no one, and dear ruler refuses to recognize it or do a thing about it other than help them cover their tracks.

#1367956 - 10/10/12 03:33 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Zealot]
Ohithere Offline

I was addressing your response regarding Holder. Not changing the subject. The responsibility that we should expect from Cabinet members today is not negated solely because your opinions agree with policies 10 years ago.I know at least a dozen families in the Fingerlakes that have at least one family member in the military, who amazingly don't hold those polling sentiments.

Edited by Ohithere (10/10/12 03:36 PM)

#1367988 - 10/10/12 07:30 PM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

...try to follow the bouncing ball, Harley.

#1368043 - 10/11/12 08:28 AM Re: Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 [Re: Josephus]

...try to follow the bouncing ball, Harley.

Sorry for your A.D.D. problem Josephus, try and keep up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >