FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1367820 - 10/09/12 05:07 PM Looking for a good Sportsman's Club
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
Sportsman's Club to join. With trap house,skeet,rifle/pistol range.
I now travel to Thurston's in Auburn because it has a 400 yard rifle range with a covered roof and seperate benches for about 12 shooters, but no skeet/trap shooting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'd really like one that also accommodates archery shooting.

I go 4-5 times a week now. If getting bored I may even go a whole week to practice long range shooting.

Another big plus would be one that supports archery shooting.

FingerLakes1.com
#1367839 - 10/09/12 09:03 PM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: I did it!]

Hows about a Red and Black club?

#1367844 - 10/09/12 09:46 PM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: ]
I did it! Offline

Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus
Hows about a Red and Black club?

Yes and what happened to Red/Black Chapter "H" that was going to be brought back to life

#1367860 - 10/10/12 03:45 AM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: I did it!]
teedoff27 Offline

Loc: S2Hphoto
If you don't mind a 46 mile ride down route 20 I would suggest Pompey Rod and Gun Club. http://pompeyrodandgunclub.com/home . Dues are $50/year

They have a covered pistol range, archery range, and trap/skeet range. They offer leagues in spring/summer and in the fall. In the winter months they have an AWESOME steak dinner the first Saturday of every month Dec-April. The also have gun raffles and charity fundraisers throughout the year.

I am partial to the place because not only is almost everyone on my wife's side of the family a member, but my daughter is also a member and an employee in the kitchen during trap season. That's also the place where we had her graduation party. They also have a full bar and banquet room that they rent out cheap.

#1367989 - 10/10/12 07:32 PM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: teedoff27]
I did it! Offline

Thank you I'll add it to my list.$6 miles is Hmmm!
Thurstons is only 16 miles but $5.00 per day. It's an open ranger type of thing no club

#1368020 - 10/11/12 01:12 AM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: I did it!]
I did it! Offline

I also was refurred to the McDougal Sportsmans Club.
Are there any members on these forums and if so how is your club regulated and equipted for what I'm looking for?
Do they have any special events or social gatherings?
Like breakfast specials, Dinners,special shooting for young hunters/target practices, dances and etc?

#1368026 - 10/11/12 04:08 AM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: I did it!]
teedoff27 Offline

Loc: S2Hphoto
Just a thought if you and *God* feel like taking a nice ride down route 20. Like I said their *winter months* steak dinner is AWESOME and you don't have to be a member to enjoy the dinner oe any of the gun raffles and charity events. This year however they did do away with the every so popular Wild Game Dinner.... not sure why though \:\(

#1368146 - 10/11/12 06:48 PM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: teedoff27]
I did it! Offline

GAME DINNERS ARE GETTING TO BE A THING OF THE PAST.
Same old game served nothing special anymore.
I'd also rather BBQ my own game at least I know it was prepaired correctly and they can't beat the taste of a family made meal. When they start cooking for 100 + people some meats are raw or tough as leather Etc. Smelt I use to like but hey they are few and far inbetween unless you want the Big Lake 'O' smelt that weigh in at a lb ,a lb of mercury LMAO,no thanks

#1368631 - 10/15/12 05:20 PM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: teedoff27]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: teedoff27
Just a thought if you and *God* feel like taking a nice ride down route 20. Like I said their *winter months* steak dinner is AWESOME and you don't have to be a member to enjoy the dinner oe any of the gun raffles and charity events. This year however they did do away with the every so popular Wild Game Dinner.... not sure why though \:\(

How about you both come down here, and we shoot our own game? Pink Speedos, heavy meds, and 7.62. Game animals are black and white, and weigh about 1000 lbs, right?

#1368654 - 10/15/12 10:15 PM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: VM Smith]
I did it! Offline

Will I have to bring a chainsaw along?
Got Angus?

#1368691 - 10/16/12 10:42 AM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: I did it!]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
I pass by this club a lot and it almost always has someone there ...

http://www.falconsportsmenclub.org/
http://www.falconsportsmenclub.org/Club%20pictures.htm

#1368812 - 10/16/12 11:13 PM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: Carerinoa]
I did it! Offline

yes that's just down thw road fron Thurstons Range. I realy want LONG RANGE capability shooting Falcon doesn't have it
Thank you

#1369638 - 10/22/12 05:15 AM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: I did it!]
I did it! Offline

Did I post this in the wrong thread/topic?
With all the gun nuts around thought I'd get a answer by now.
I'd like to stay within 40 mile round trip.
What's the name of the one I think it's on the Iron Bridge road north east of ovid. They use to have some good turket shoots there.
My ideal range would have a roofed shooting stations
at least 400 yrd targets,outdoor pistol set up along wth an inside small cal range. With great members and THE BEST Safe enviroment that's available. Been to a few will never go back. No safety officers or range masters. Several drinking on line so that was the last time .I pd and wnt right back and asked for a refund when the Sh--Fo Bra--- said well they are just relaxing.
Drunks & Guns do not mix as for that drunks & and any weapons do not mix
Thanks In Advance

#1369756 - 10/22/12 08:25 PM Re: Looking for a good Sportsman's Club [Re: I did it!]
Festus Offline

Loc: On yer nerves.
You probably mean South Seneca on Yarnell Road. It's kinda off of Iron Bridge Road.

Edited by Festus (10/22/12 08:30 PM)