FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1367809 - 10/09/12 03:14 PM Lara Logan’s War Cry
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Lara Logan’s War Cry
Oct 9, 2012 4:45 AM EDT

The CBS News and ‘60 Minutes’ correspondent stunned a Chicago audience with her interventionist critique of America’s response to the attacks in Libya. James Warren reports.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/10/09/lara-logan-s-war-cry.html

"That jest set the tone for a provocative address before 1,100 in which the foreign correspondent and 60 Minutes star skewered American policy in Afghanistan and Libya, called for a ramped-up military campaign against terrorists, and criticized the Obama administration and others for both underestimating the Taliban’s strength in Afghanistan and for tolerating Pakistan’s obvious coddling of terrorists killing American soldiers."

Edited by Ghosts (10/09/12 03:59 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1367965 - 10/10/12 04:08 PM Re: Lara Logan’s War Cry [Re: Ghosts]
Zealot Offline

Loc: Yates
Eleven years later, “they” still hate us, now more than ever, Lara Logan told the Chicago crowd. The Taliban and al-Qaida have not been vanquished, she added. They’re coming back.

“I chose this subject because, one, I can’t stand, that there is a major lie being propagated . . .” Logan declared in her native South African accent.

The lie is that America’s military might has tamed the Taliban.

“There is this narrative coming out of Washington for the last two years,” Logan said. It is driven in part by “Taliban apologists,” who claim “they are just the poor moderate, gentler, kinder Taliban,” she added sarcastically. “It’s such nonsense!”