FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1367757 - 10/09/12 08:42 AM SFFD/SFPD as always
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
There when you need them . Thank you for all the help they gave my daughter & her family yesterday. Basement was flooded with aprox 5" of water. One call and they showed up to pump it out.
Guess the sump had a stuck float issue and with all the rain lately it flooded the complete basement.
PS: watch for water damage sale
Thanks Guys
Benny

FingerLakes1.com
#1367788 - 10/09/12 12:51 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: I did it!]
we need change Offline

Loc: seneca
Oh my God to give them credit for this? What the heck you see this as a police duty. This is what they get paid for. Wow how could we live without them!

#1367793 - 10/09/12 01:09 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: we need change]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
Wow how could we live without them!

"That was my point". Didn't see you there as a good neighbor to help out. They have to very young children also.
You do know every once in a while every body needs a thank
you whether they get paid or not.
Did I not also include the SFD? They aren't paid.
So yes my reply stands as is
Thank you to all that were there to help.
Respectfuly Yours
Benny

#1367796 - 10/09/12 01:35 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: I did it!]
we need change Offline

Loc: seneca
I would have been there to help if it was my neighbor, and they had asked. I have helped my neighbors, and my community for 20 years living here.

#1367803 - 10/09/12 02:11 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always *DELETED* [Re: we need change]
RigaMortis Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Post deleted by FL1 Mod 2

#1367804 - 10/09/12 02:15 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: we need change]
Kitty Offline

Loc: Chucking wood
Why is it any skin off your neck that Benny is thanking someone, like that's a bad thing? I was brought up not to expect any thanks or extra reward for what I was SUPPOSED to do, but then, these people could choose to be in any profession they wanted, but chose to work in public service. A few nice words go a long way. I fail to see how anyone would/could have a problem with that.

#1367808 - 10/09/12 03:09 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: Kitty]
linxman Offline

Loc: ny
got to love when someone has something good to say about the area it brings out all the wack-os that "need" to be heard and voice their opinion... since they know all... I am sorry, i know some people will take offence to this... but think about it... Just be happy... get off the computer... and go enjoy this area! people that just complain about things are the problem with the area... go do something...

Thanks for the post "I did it" its awesome!

FOUR!

#1367972 - 10/10/12 05:11 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: RigaMortis]
sox fan Offline

Loc: ny, usa
Riga Mortis why do you bother with these forums? Its obvious you lack something. Something went untreated during your life. Lack of class is something these forums can do without. Wait till you or a family member needs assistance, maybe the cops will have their quota filled, and just blow you off.

#1368045 - 10/11/12 08:48 AM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: sox fan]
educated voter Offline

Loc: ny
Let me get this str8. We pay a police officer to pump out basements?

#1368095 - 10/11/12 01:52 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: educated voter]
RigaMortis Offline

The only thing I lack good sir is the confidence of our local police force. Why support an over funded bunch of lackeys who aren't properly trained and barely know basic penal code? I bother with these forums because I have the right too. If you disagree with what I say then have the mods delete my comment like above or keep scrolling. You obviously don't see the problem with the SFPD, no matter who you are they will try to find fault if you call for assistance. I called 911 to report my neighbors getting into a domestic dispute and before they sent anyone over I was grilled for twenty minutes because me and my wife were heading out to dinner. So call me "unclassy" but my opinion stands.

#1368102 - 10/11/12 02:12 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: RigaMortis]
Sir Joe Offline

Loc: England-I Wish
And the 911 center has nothing to do with SFPD. That's Seneca County 911. On e again you have no idea what you are talking about. Stay classy my friend stay classy

#1368106 - 10/11/12 02:28 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: Sir Joe]
Irish Eyes Offline

Please explain. I thought in an emergency you dial 911. The dispatcher is heard by all the police/sheriff departments. Depending on what town or village you live in that police department answers the call. The sheriff department covers all Seneca County and can also go into the villages if needed. Correct?

#1368119 - 10/11/12 04:02 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: Irish Eyes]
RigaMortis Offline

It's obvious you people are the one's who have no idea what is going on in your police department. Before you come at me and tell me I'm "unclassy" for my opinion, do your research. When you call 911 it is relayed immediately to the nearest local station, it is an emergency line and should be responded to as such. Shouldn't matter what I was doing, only thing that should have mattered to them was protecting the public and doing their jobs. Which took them twice as long because they decided to try and find misplaced fault instead of answering immediately to an emergency. This is the typical way the town cops work in our area. What if that lady next door was killed by her abusive husband because they took the extra twenty minutes to grill me over the phone instead of dispatching a unit. WHICH THEY DID, thankfully they showed up in time to take the kid away from an abusive household. Why don't you try for yourself next time you need them and see how much your hassled instead of helped. This instance in this thread is the only time I've ever heard of anyone not being hassled by them- and that is in part of the close affiliation they might have with the FD or PD in the area. For others it won't be the same happy ending.

#1368134 - 10/11/12 04:59 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: RigaMortis]
Irish Eyes Offline

I was talking to Sir Joe and reaffirming what happens when you call 911. I don't live in Seneca Falls and I'm not one of those "you people".

#1368168 - 10/11/12 09:07 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always *DELETED* [Re: Irish Eyes]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

Post deleted by FL1 Mod 2

#1368171 - 10/11/12 09:20 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
Get Real Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
I'm not exactly sure what the issue is... it dosent matter if its a town police,sheriff,or trooper they always respond with the fd to every call...its standard practice across the country

#1368172 - 10/11/12 09:21 PM Re: SFFD/SFPD as always [Re: Irish Eyes]
Sir Joe Offline

Loc: England-I Wish
Rig said that he was asked "a bunch of questions" and "grilled" when on the phone. What Rig doesn't get is that SFPD, SCSO, WPD and NYPD has nothing let me make this clear have nothing to do with the questions asked when calling 911. Seneca County 911 is a separate department. 911 after asking questions(which help all officers) determine who goes where.