FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1367500 - 10/06/12 08:57 AM SFFD Solicitation for Donations
Analine Offline

Loc: NY, Seneca County, Seneca Fall...
Received this request in the mail yesterday ..... simply addressed "Postal Patron". If they really need donations, why wouldn't they take the time to specifically address these to both residents and property owners in the town? Most people chuck out mail addressed "Postal Patron". Furthermore, ALL property owners should be solicited so that they include property owners that don't live in the town. Just find this to be a bit of a weak attempt to raise funds.

FingerLakes1.com
#1367501 - 10/06/12 09:13 AM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: Analine]
Altruism Offline

Loc: Mother Earth
Originally Posted By: Analine
Received this request in the mail yesterday ..... simply addressed "Postal Patron". If they really need donations, why wouldn't they take the time to specifically address these to both residents and property owners in the town? Most people chuck out mail addressed "Postal Patron".

>Because personally addressing them costs MONEY.

Furthermore, ALL property owners should be solicited so that they include property owners that don't live in the town. Just find this to be a bit of a weak attempt to raise funds.

>Rock your good-self right down to the fire hall and take care of it then, since you have such strong opinions as to the right and wrong of it all.

#1367507 - 10/06/12 11:49 AM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: Altruism]
Analine Offline

Red Jacket Fire Department had enough class to address them directly to the residents .... all of such information is a matter of public record and printing address labels is pennies compared to what has already been spent on a piece of mail most people won't even open. But I thank you for recognizing the good self that I am since we already donate. lol

#1367509 - 10/06/12 12:13 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: Analine]
Tabbytails Offline

Loc: Here Abouts.
Seeing how the return address was from the fire department, I would hope that most people would recognize it as part of the annual fund drive held every October. The ones that didn't know what it, probably never donated before and probably wouldn't now.

I wonder just how many people donate to our fire department.

Oh, and before anyone asks, yes...I donate every year.

Edited by Tabbytails (10/06/12 12:13 PM)

#1367515 - 10/06/12 01:42 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: Analine]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Received this request in the mail yesterday ..... simply addressed "Postal Patron". If they really need donations, why wouldn't they take the time to specifically address these to both residents and property owners in the town? Most people chuck out mail addressed "Postal Patron". Furthermore, ALL property owners should be solicited so that they include property owners that don't live in the town. Just find this to be a bit of a weak attempt to raise funds.

How does the average person that ISN'T an insider know that the solicitation is not going to landowners?

#1367516 - 10/06/12 02:00 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: Top Dog]
Analine Offline

Many properties in the SF fire district are owned by people who live outside the town. If the letters are addressed to "Postal Patron", these people would not be receiving them...unless you want to go off the deep end and speculate that they ran a computer program - dropped out all local addresses and simply addressed them postal patron, then mailed to the out of town property owners using their addresses.

#1367531 - 10/06/12 03:53 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: Analine]
myopinion2share Offline

Loc: Romans 8:38
This was probably to be more cost efficient and using the money they do have wisely.

If the envelopes are addressed to a specific person, it has to go first class, and at the current postage rate. By doing what is considered a bulk mailing there is a 'bulk rate', which is significantly less than first rate postage. Same principle as when you buy groceries at BJ's in bulk, buy more, get a better price.

#1367535 - 10/06/12 04:33 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: Analine]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
But I thank you for recognizing the good self that I am since we already donate. lol

You should donate more...how can you know if you're good enough?

Chalmers Johnson

#1367557 - 10/06/12 09:43 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: Tabbytails]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: Tabbytails

I wonder just how many people donate to our fire department.

Oh, and before anyone asks, yes...I donate every year.

Good one! Everyone paying taxes donates. There is a specific line item for Fire Tax. What do they want to do buy more toys?

Very Lame - Postal Patron.

#1367558 - 10/06/12 10:33 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
Get Real Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
The letter says "funding for crucial programming (fire prevention) ,community events, and volunteer support

#1367560 - 10/06/12 10:59 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: Get Real]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

The Seneca Falls Fire Department should fund some mandatory DRUG TESTING for members.

When was the last test conducted?

THE SFFD need to START DRUG TESTING their members NOW to get any donation from me.

#1367714 - 10/08/12 07:57 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
eagleman13148 Offline

Loc: sfalls
Real...bring the cup down..ill gladly urinate in it..then take a blood sample and any other sample you want......you must really have a hard on for the FD.......

#1367857 - 10/09/12 11:41 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: eagleman13148]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

You know who needs drug testing. No one at the Top in the FD will do the testing as they are afraid of the results.

Until you clean up the FD no donation from me and at least 10 other people.

#1368002 - 10/10/12 09:58 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
Sir Joe Offline

Loc: England-I Wish
And I am sure the fd is so hurt by that.... People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

#1369767 - 10/22/12 09:16 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: Sir Joe]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

Has anyone been DRUG TESTED yet?

#1369785 - 10/22/12 11:12 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: Analine]
Butt Bump Offline

Loc: ny

I got one also, Donated money.. Didn't realy care who it was addressed too just know who it was for, and where it was going.

#1369791 - 10/23/12 12:03 AM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
Originally Posted By: The REAL SF HERO
Has anyone been DRUG TESTED yet?

Me! Me! I passed 100% the government one at the VA.

Lets get real know how many employees from other countries are stoned one way or the other while making less quality then if it was real USA made? Drug test,then start at the VERY TOP of the chain and see how long testing will go on. NOT LONG
These companys that out source save money for Bigger Homes,more property newer and the best made vehicles,and their drug recreation. So why worry about them buy only USA products.

#1369943 - 10/23/12 05:47 PM Re: SFFD Solicitation for Donations [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
sox fan Offline

Loc: ny, usa
UNBELIEVABLE! to suggest you want a drug test. Your measly tax money means nothing to me. If your house is burning down with your family in it, would you honestly care if a fireman smoked a joint 3 weeks ago?!! You people piss me off that write stupid sh-t. Complain about our cops, football fields, fire department, a vicollis. I would love to meet some of you people face to face People on Welfare aren't required to test, and you suggest a guy running into a burning place ought to? Just get up and leave this town right now. Your parents did a poor job raising you!