FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1366948 - 10/02/12 03:29 PM Wells a "worst college" for food
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
Worst colleges for foodies

In August the Princeton Review released its annual college rankings on just about everything about campus life.

Earning a top spot on some of the category-specific lists, like “best classroom experience,” can help build popularity of a school, while a notorious ranking can be disastrous.

No matter what you're looking for in a college experience, one list you don’t want to see your college land on is worst food.

“I have actually had the experience of not knowing what meat I was eating... I thought it was chicken, the sign said turkey, but it looked like pork,” writes one student on College Prowler about number eight Catawba College (Salisbury, N.C.).

Here are five colleges that make it easy to fight off the freshman fifteen....

3. Wells College (Aurora, N.Y.)

Going to a college as tiny as Wells College (about 500 undergrads) has its advantages and disadvantages. For one, the average class size of 14. On the other hand, the college only has one dining hall.

“If you don't like the dining hall food then you are out of luck,” writes one student on College Prowler.

Exercise caution with: The gluten free items, although one student says they are “slowly improving.”

Published October 02, 2012

FingerLakes1.com
#1366951 - 10/02/12 03:58 PM Re: Wells a "worst college" for food [Re: newsman38]
Cinnamon Offline

Loc: Central NY
Who cares? The Fargo is not far away.