FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 70 of 74 < 1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 >
Topic Options
#1490885 --- 10/19/16 07:20 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Formermac
In regard to what I offer my employees can be defined by what my company and my employees pay into the system.

the 'teachers' pay nearly nothing for either their overgenerous pension and overgenerous lifetime healthcare

convert to a 401k and let the 'teachers' pay for their own retirement

let the 'teachers' sign up for obamacare - that would increase enrollment and lower costs for all

FingerLakes1.com
#1490896 --- 10/19/16 07:39 PM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

Loc: Above ground
It's sad that you have no comprehension of as you call it "Obamacare"
All health insurances are to be compliant with the Affordable Care Act, which can be under a number of health insurance companies. As far as that goes, you're more than likely covered under the exchange which exceeds most catastrophic insurances which only takes care the bare minimum. Remember the distinction between the ACA and Medicaid which covers those under a particular income. Now putting that all together, ask most teachers today as to just how much they actually contribute but we understand as well the fact that someone as yourself is relegated to a bar room chat and have not the ability to articulate a reasonable question due to your odd mumbling and ramblings. I'm not picking on you but you're differently not the designated go to person for accurate data. lastly,sir, taxpayers are getting fed up with increased school tax assessments, so guess who is now require to shoulder their far share......yes! the teachers.

#1490899 --- 10/20/16 06:36 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

Originally Posted By: bluezone
In regard to what I offer my employees can be defined by what my company and my employees pay into the system.

the 'teachers' pay nearly nothing for either their overgenerous pension and overgenerous lifetime healthcare

let the 'teachers' sign up for obamacare - that would increase enrollment and lower costs for all

Blue, you would be better served to remove yourself from the mist of those construed as fools by looking up the definition of fool. Secondly, a fool makes unsubstantial accusations without the benefit of facts, once again, a little research would spare you some embarrassment by submitting some citation instead of jaw boning and thinking that repeated inaccuracies can be deem as fact....but therein lies your problem, facts and citation would realistically tend to debunk all these odd postings if nothing else, so once again, submit the current trend of what benefits most teachers are enjoying...remember, your own words don't count. wink

#1490901 --- 10/20/16 06:48 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

taxpayers are getting fed up with increased school tax assessments, so guess who is now require to shoulder their far share......yes! the teachers.

convert the 'teachers' from a pension to a 401k and the taxpayers only pay 3% into it

have the 'teachers' enroll in obamacare to increase the enrollment numbers and lower the costs for all

ain't that the point of obamacare - get more people into it to share the costs?

#1490902 --- 10/20/16 06:55 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

ROTFLMBO, as I've heard one of the MSNBC correspondent say last night, if you wait just a second, I suggested something that may help you out, in this case, a submission of facts and citation can bolster your case but as I've stated, you've manage to prove two assessment about yourself,one, only a fool would repeat the same actions while expecting a different outcome, secondly PLEASE! give the current state of affair in regard to teacher pay and benefit.

#1490903 --- 10/20/16 07:02 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

citation

submit the current trend of what benefits most teachers are enjoying...remember, your own words don't count. wink

Quote:
Seventy percent or more of our annual budget go to personnel costs, including the pensions, healthcare and salaries of our teachers and staff, past and present.

We face state employee pension, workers compensation and healthcare costs for the upcoming year that continue to overwhelm school budgets

Trina Newton
Geneva CSD

Quote:
Trina Newton - as far as the issues, when I look at the financial piece, healthcare is just out of control. When I take a look at what's driving the budgets, it's not what should be driving the budgets

#1490904 --- 10/20/16 07:10 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

taxpayers are getting fed up with increased school tax assessments, so guess who is now require to shoulder their far share......yes! the teachers.

convert the 'teachers' from a pension to a 401k and the taxpayers only pay 3% into it

have the 'teachers' enroll in obamacare to increase the enrollment numbers and lower the costs for all

ain't that the point of obamacare - get more people into it to share the costs?

NO! the reason for the ACA is to keep prices in line with what is construed as reasonable and customary but once again, you fail to factor in why are we overlooking greedy pharmaceuticals, doctors and hospitals? Explain what percentage of school budgets contain teacher's salary (Citation please) Explain parental intervention in regard to helping their children succeed in school, tell us what does a person make when they typically obtain a PHD or Master degree (Citation please) Your ignorance is heightened by the fact that you're like Donald Trump, all accusation but failing to provide facts and figures to support your claim. Lastly, I can only surmise that you're illiterate and uneducated, please supply something to cast doubt on those opinions and by that,I don't mean your word.

#1490905 --- 10/20/16 07:26 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

citation

submit the current trend of what benefits most teachers are enjoying...remember, your own words don't count. wink

Quote:
Seventy percent or more of our annual budget go to personnel costs, including the pensions, healthcare and salaries of our teachers and staff, past and present.

We face state employee pension, workers compensation and healthcare costs for the upcoming year that continue to overwhelm school budgets

Trina Newton
Geneva CSD

Quote:
Trina Newton - as far as the issues, when I look at the financial piece, healthcare is just out of control. When I take a look at what's driving the budgets, it's not what should be driving the budgets

May I laugh now, we're talking about an institute of education and higher learning. Lets take this a little further, how about focusing on education alone and eliminate, sport programs, certain field trips that add nothing to education. School are now relegated to being surrogate parents, psychologists, nutritionists, policemen etc. Now sir once again, tell us why are teachers becoming your scapegoat when(THIS may shock you) schools are designed to EDUCATE, it's our job as parents to instill morality, respect for others, feed our children and help them with class assignments. If you wish to take it further, submit to me what a policemen, RN, doctor,psychologist, lawyer, nutritionist and physical education director all make because they're now relegated to the system. Tell us, who pays for all these added personnel that were not in existence 50 years ago?

#1490932 --- 10/21/16 06:53 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Lets take this a little further, how about focusing on education alone and eliminate, sport programs, certain field trips that add nothing to education.

ELIMINATE
'teachers' over generous lifetime healthcare

ELIMINATE
'teachers' pensions

neither add to the education of a student

#1490935 --- 10/21/16 07:00 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

Once again, I feel very sad for you this morning.

#1490937 --- 10/21/16 07:17 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

Lets take this a little further, how about focusing on education alone and eliminate, sport programs, certain field trips that add nothing to education.

ELIMINATE
'teachers' over generous lifetime healthcare

ELIMINATE
'teachers' pensions

neither add to the education of a student

I can see a total disconnect on your part because if you take away certain perks from teachers, they will find another career to fulfill those financial goals but more so teachers are like Doctors, they don't go into the field to get rich but rather to address a medical need due to an internal compassion for people. If you had applied yourself, there were unlimited possibilities that would have kept you from being here posting odd statements.....me, I'm in a half body cast but at least my mind is intact which is an extreme blessing. BTW, I got 100 dollars an hour in many cases and only possessed a trade degree......you?

#1490941 --- 10/21/16 08:23 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

I can see a total disconnect on your part because if you take away certain perks from teachers

as you noted lifetime healthcare and a pension for a 'teacher' is a PERK

a perk
add nothing to education

ELIMINATE them

Originally Posted By: Forermac
BTW, I got 100 dollars an hour in many cases and only possessed a trade degree

and now subtact from the '100 dollars an hour' your own contribution to your retirement and subtract from the '100 dollars an hour' your own contribution to your healthcare

what are you left with per hour?

#1490944 --- 10/21/16 08:43 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

Well, when I add up my investments, 401 payout, pension and my profits from the sale of private properties, I am well taken taken care of, not to mention the fact that Social Security is in the horizon. I' getting the trend as to why you criticize so many people. You've denigrated anyone with education, sizable income and social status. Have you ever consider the fact that anyone with at least a high school diploma or making over minimum wages can be construed as ARROGANT in your view? Now lets consider your major weakness, repeating the same narrowed minded & ignorant viewpoints only achieves 2 things.......you're narrowed minded and ignorant and added to that pathetic situation, it was suggested that you supply some facts and figures to support those views but once again narrow mindedness and ignorance gained the upper hand. I don't know what to tell you son in regard to as to why you're being seen as a buffoon.

#1490947 --- 10/21/16 09:06 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

the chicago teachers wanted a 30% pay increase and now they are on strike

let them all go and hire new ones with a less generous pay/benefits package

the reason the student performance is so low is the teachers are greedy

A huge disturbing fact, someone creates a topic but after a 4 years ongoing discussion, said creator hasn't learned a darn thing. I'm beginning to believe that the educational system did not fail you but more so, you failed the educational system. No laughing matter on that sir.

#1491018 --- 10/23/16 10:41 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Well, when I add up my investments, 401 payout, pension and my profits from the sale of private properties, I am well taken taken care of, not to mention the fact that Social Security is in the horizon.

and yet you do NOT offer your employees a pension and you rely on obamacare to offer them healthcare

#1491790 --- 11/02/16 10:28 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Lucinda Knotts
Many "healthy" people assume that they don't need health insurance... until they have an accident (like falling and breaking several bones), are unexpectedly diagnosed with cancer, or simply become ill with some non-fatal disease that requires hospitalization. There's nothing quite like opening the series of bills from the hospital, the myriad of doctors, and pharmacy, totaling over $100,000 for a few weeks of care to jolt one back to reality. Still, with the high cost of premiums for many people, high deductibles, etc., it's a gamble that many are willing to make. Problem is that when it hits, it not only leads to decades of crushing debt, bad credit ratings, etc., for the uninsured individual, but also those costs being passed on to others. Universal payer insurance for everyone or at least public option will be a necessity in a few years or the US will continue to lag behind other industrialized nations in terms of health care.

more reason to let the 'teachers' sign up for obamacare

#1491793 --- 11/02/16 10:44 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

Did you attempt to say something intelligent or is it your typical adolescent talking point? wink

#1491794 --- 11/02/16 11:09 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: Formermac]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

What BZ is trying to say is that employer-provided health insurance is a bad thing. Carried to its logical conclusion that means everyone gets their own health insurance or we go to a government run insurance program like Medicare for everyone. Either that or BZ is just harping on teachers because of poor grades in school (it's their fault).

#1491798 --- 11/02/16 11:21 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Formermac Offline

LOL, a typical Trump supporter, all their ills can be blamed on the government and society, at what point and time do they take personal responsibility for their failures in life? In regard to Blue, it's been quite evident that has Blue failed the teachers, employers and society as a whole and it's all their fault that he acts in the manner that he does.

#1491848 --- 11/03/16 08:42 AM Re: ARROGANT TEACHERS [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

so you waited for obamacare in order to offer your employees some healthcare

Page 70 of 74 < 1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 >