FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1359848 - 08/20/12 07:17 PM No receipts once again!!!!
Honestly Offline

Loc: Penn Yan
More abuse of our taxpayer dollars. Will it ever end? Oh yea, read both items, he couldn't produce any receipts for this $500.00 check.

Edited by Honestly (08/20/12 07:18 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1359849 - 08/20/12 07:21 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Honestly]
RedSoloCup Offline

Loc: NY
Really, is this all you have to do is complain about things that go on with the fire department. Maybe you should better way than "abuse tax payers dollars" for this ridiculous crap.

#1359850 - 08/20/12 07:24 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: RedSoloCup]
Honestly Offline

Originally Posted By: RedSoloCup
Really, is this all you have to do is complain about things that go on with the fire department. Maybe you should better way than "abuse tax payers dollars" for this ridiculous crap.
Hey, he said he was going to follow the rules and clearly he has no intention of keeping his word. It is what it is.

Edited by Honestly (08/20/12 07:25 PM)

#1359851 - 08/20/12 07:25 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Honestly]
RedSoloCup Offline

Loc: NY
Yeah, you wasting tax dollars for stupid crap, get a life. That is besides the point, you complain about abusing tax dollars, but you little things like this adds up over time to that or more. Stop and think about it, how many people really care. I am sure it came out of an account that the money can be used for what they would like to use it for and may not need any receipts for it.

Edited by RedSoloCup (08/20/12 07:28 PM)

#1359853 - 08/20/12 07:32 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: RedSoloCup]
Honestly Offline

Yeah, you wasting tax dollars for stupid crap, get a life. That is besides the point, you complain about abusing tax dollars, but you little things like this adds up over time to that or more. Stop and think about it, how many people really care. I am sure it came out of an account that the money can be used for what they would like to use it for and may not need any receipts for it.
WRONG!!

#1359860 - 08/20/12 08:44 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: RedSoloCup]
Honestly Offline

\:o <script src='http://img846.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=simpson3.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript> ?????????????????????

I know, who cares.

Edited by Honestly (08/20/12 08:47 PM)

#1359861 - 08/20/12 08:49 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: RedSoloCup]
j3668py Offline

Loc: new york
I care, both the check and the trip must be approved by the fire council but neither was, why?

#1359862 - 08/20/12 08:58 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: j3668py]
Honestly Offline

Originally Posted By: j3668py
I care, both the check and the trip must be approved by the fire council but neither was, why?
I'm a chief, I don't need no stinkin approval. No matter what I put into writing, I was just kidding.

#1359865 - 08/20/12 09:02 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Honestly]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: Honestly
Originally Posted By: j3668py
I'm a chief, I don't need no stinkin approval. No matter what I put into writing, I was just kidding.
Didn't the mayor and VB claim this wouldn't take place in the future?

#1359867 - 08/20/12 09:14 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: RedSoloCup]
Ringold Offline

Loc: Here and Now

solo, you are way out of touch if you think this continuance of playing footloose with tax dollars is of no consequence. This is pure arrogance and in your face BS by the chief and anyone involved all the way up to the mayor, attorney, clerk and village board members. It's another huge black eye for the FD and that's a shame because most are all dedicated to their cause and do a great job when it counts.

However, that DOES NOT give the chief or anyone else the right to disregard procedures in the expenditure of funds. And, someone (anyone) that brings this arrogance to the surface and makes the public aware of the continuing abuse IS NOT RIDICULOUS, ...you are!!

#1359868 - 08/20/12 09:23 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Ringold]
Honestly Offline

Originally Posted By: Ringold

solo, you are way out of touch if you think this continuance of playing footloose with tax dollars is of no consequence. This is pure arrogance and in your face BS by the chief and anyone involved all the way up to the mayor, attorney, clerk and village board members. It's another huge black eye for the FD and that's a shame because most are all dedicated to their cause and do a great job when it counts.

However, that DOES NOT give the chief or anyone else the right to disregard procedures in the expenditure of funds. And, someone (anyone) that brings this arrogance to the surface and makes the public aware of the continuing abuse IS NOT RIDICULOUS, ...you are!!
;\)

Edited by Honestly (08/20/12 09:24 PM)

#1359871 - 08/20/12 09:35 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Ringold]
Honestly Offline

His cup runneth over with arrogance!!!

#1359904 - 08/21/12 05:34 AM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Honestly]
yatesgirl Offline

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: Honestly

His cup runneth over with arrogance!!!
I find it very hard to believe that the fire chief would misled the comptroller.

After all deputy sheriffs are sworn to uphold the law.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

#1359965 - 08/21/12 01:00 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Ringold]
MissingArty Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY

Somebody's trying to hide something.

#1359992 - 08/21/12 04:05 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: MissingArty]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Seems though I remember when this whole mess came to light that sometime later on it was stated that the PYFD had certain funds that were "theirs" to use as they see fit and they did not have to provide receipts when they spent that money.

There were seperate PYFD funds requiring accountability and receipts etc. that were required in the future.

Someone in the know please step up and verify if this is correct. It could simply be this was money from their discretionary fund that did not require receipts?

#1360000 - 08/21/12 05:13 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Mean Gene]
j3668py Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
Seems though I remember when this whole mess came to light that sometime later on it was stated that the PYFD had certain funds that were "theirs" to use as they see fit and they did not have to provide receipts when they spent that money.

There were seperate PYFD funds requiring accountability and receipts etc. that were required in the future.

Someone in the know please step up and verify if this is correct. It could simply be this was money from their discretionary fund that did not require receipts?
The fire department is owned by the village of PY and the money is from the regular account that is supplied by the the taxpayers, receipts must verified every cent spent.

#1360017 - 08/21/12 09:31 PM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Mean Gene]
Honestly Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene

Hey, Gene, read it.

Yes he lied with regards to the statement he made in the attached letter. Yes, he clearly doesn't care about our taxpayer dollars and neither do you when it comes to the PYFD.

If it had been the Sheriff's Dept. doing the same you would be all over it. Rings of a double standard, no??

Edited by Honestly (08/21/12 09:37 PM)

#1360035 - 08/22/12 07:31 AM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Honestly]
C.I.Brown Offline

Loc: PY,NY
According to the IRS, anyone who receives remuneration in excess of $600 a year without receipts or substantiation, is required by law to claim that money as income on his yearly tax return. A 1099 should be filed with the IRS. Oh wait, I forgot, the village of Penn Yan seems to think that they are exempt from filing 1099's. It's part of their stupidity at their accounting level. It seems that they were warned about this in their "hidden audit",

#1360044 - 08/22/12 09:04 AM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Honestly]
Mean Gene Offline

Honestly, you are comparing apples and oranges. I read the letter. The Sheriff's department is not a volunteer organization. I asked a simple question. Hoping someone could answer it. I remember reading somewhere that the PYFD had funds of their own that were not subject to Village oversight, providing of receipts etc. Those were not to be confused with Village funded tax payer dollars where strict accountability came into play.

The check copy shown was written with dual signatures. If that money was disbursed illegally then someone from the fire department could step up and make a complaint. The IRS situation could come into play if they do not have receipts for expenses.

If this was done improperly I'm sure something will come of it. If things are done improperly at the YCSO, personnel wise you will not find out about it as it is covered under the cloak of confidentiality!

#1360065 - 08/22/12 11:37 AM Re: No receipts once again!!!! [Re: Mean Gene]
Mean Gene Offline

Ok, I will answer my own question. Opinion 2008-5 from the New York State Comptrollers office regarding contractual situations between the Village and towns for fire protection. By statue the Village can pay to a volunteer fire company a 35% cap on contractual money it receives from a town. (The Village currently payes the PYFD 18%). I quote the following:

"There is no statue that requires a volunteer fire company of a village fire department , which provides services under a fire protection contract between a village and a town, to submit a budget to the village or town before receiving funds."

"Moreover, once the money has been paid over to the fire company, there is no statutory obligation for the fire compny to render an accounting to the village or town"

It goes on to say that the village can negotiate as a term of the fire protection contract between the village and town that the fire company books and records be submitted periodically.

So it appears that the money paid to the PYFD, from the Village that comes from the towns is not subject to audit unless it is negotiated into a contract. \:\)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >