Page 53 of 53 < 1 2 ... 51 52 53
Topic Options
#1525708 --- 03/13/19 12:27 AM Re: Eliminate state pensions [Re: cwjga]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: cwjga
Cuomo runs his campaign on "getting the rich to pay their fair share."
After getting elected he calls for tax cuts for the rich.

Quote:
AOC's mother moves to Florida for lower taxes ...
The privacy-loving mother of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tells how she had to flee New York because of high taxes 'I lived in the New York area for most of my life but I started being unable to afford it,' Blanca said in the living-room of her modest but tidy Florida house.

Quote:
Ocasio-Cortez's mom moved to Florida to escape NYC's ...
The mother of soak-the-rich Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she was forced to flee the Big Apple and move to Florida because the property taxes were so high.

FingerLakes1.com
#1536489 --- 12/06/19 04:35 PM Re: Eliminate state pensions [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- New York State spends the most money on public education in the United States, according to a new study.

Heytutor.com ranked how much each state invests on its students in public schools -- and New York State ranked first. New York spent a total of $23,091 per public school student in 2017 -- which means it spends $62.62 billion on all students in public education across the state.

#1536491 --- 12/06/19 05:22 PM Re: Eliminate state pensions [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
Bluezone must be bored out of his mind, you make a post back in March of 2019 and respond to your own post 9 months later.Now in regard to the cost of education, please explain why the state of New York has become one of the most expensive states to live in and why one must make a large salary in order to exist comfortably in said state. Teacher's salary constitute a great percentage of any school budget and tell us how do you get any good teacher to come to our area unless the salary commensurate with the educational degree required and earned which is typically a Master or PHD? If anything, do what the city school district of Rochester is currently processing, laying off teachers due to a bloated budget but this adds to a more extenuating problem, more reasons for under educated students. It would be refreshing to hear your logical solutions versus complaints and irrational babbling.

#1536498 --- 12/06/19 06:15 PM Re: Eliminate state pensions [Re: Formermac]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: Formermac
Bluezone must be bored out of his mind, you make a post back in March of 2019 and respond to your own post 9 months later.Now in regard to the cost of education, please explain why the state of New York has become one of the most expensive states to live in and why one must make a large salary in order to exist comfortably in said state. Teacher's salary constitute a great percentage of any school budget and tell us how do you get any good teacher to come to our area unless the salary commensurate with the educational degree required and earned which is typically a Master or PHD? If anything, do what the city school district of Rochester is currently processing, laying off teachers due to a bloated budget but this adds to a more extenuating problem, more reasons for under educated students. It would be refreshing to hear your logical solutions versus complaints and irrational babbling.

Not only does bluezone NOT care about the actual reasons for RCSD being over budget (even after having them explained to him), but he also obviously doesn't care about the forum rules forbidding double-posting of the same content.

BZs long time m.o. to be certain.

#1539649 --- 01/25/20 02:45 PM Re: Eliminate state pensions [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
AOC's mother moves to Florida for lower taxes ...
The privacy-loving mother of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tells how she had to flee New York because of high taxes 'I lived in the New York area for most of my life but I started being unable to afford it,' Blanca said in the living-room of her modest but tidy Florida house.

Quote:
Ocasio-Cortez's mom moved to Florida to escape NYC's ...
The mother of soak-the-rich Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she was forced to flee the Big Apple and move to Florida because the property taxes were so high.

#1540234 --- 01/30/20 09:35 PM Re: Eliminate state pensions [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
State pension age should rise to 75 report says

#1540241 --- 01/30/20 09:50 PM Re: Eliminate state pensions [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
Yes I'm being thorn in your side for obvious reasons, you ask questions yet negate to respond with answer directed toward you. Simply put, I suspect that you made a moderate salary most of your life with little personal saving. Now in your golden years, you begrudge those that garnered education while receiving degrees resulting in higher pay and lucrative jobs.

#1541014 --- 02/07/20 01:34 AM Re: Eliminate state pensions [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
RCSD deficit worse than projected, district could run out of money
Rochester City Schools deficit worse from amp.democratandchronicle.com
A damning state review of Rochester City School District finances released Thursday raises the projected year-end deficit to $40.5 million. ... The district is likely to run out of money before the end of the fiscal year, June 30, according to auditors with the New York state

#1542334 --- 02/21/20 11:59 PM Re: Eliminate state pensions [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Without state aid, RCSD superintendent projects 800 layoffs by school year's end

Page 53 of 53 < 1 2 ... 51 52 53