Topic Options
#1325289 --- 02/15/12 08:45 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: ]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Loc: Mountain of Truth
Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus
Read the Bible, it full of proof!

Deus Solis transferentes in Filium Dei.

FingerLakes1.com
#1325290 --- 02/15/12 08:53 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: MeRightYouWrong]
DeadDave Offline

Loc: 6 feet under
Originally Posted By: MeRightYouWrong
Read the Bible, it full of proof!

Deus Solis transferentes in Filium Dei.

What????

#1325293 --- 02/15/12 09:05 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: DeadDave]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Turning the Sun God into the Son of God.

#1325296 --- 02/15/12 09:14 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: MeRightYouWrong]
Ayuveda Offline

Loc: Imagine
Go slow and easy with Harley. It's a teaching moment.

#1325425 --- 02/16/12 10:50 AM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: Ayuveda]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
What a load of crap this thread turned into.

#1325463 --- 02/16/12 12:28 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: bluezone]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: bluezone
Originally Posted By: ProAct
Bobby Brown lost.

if she never married him would she still be alive?

Who knows? He may have not even been the person who got her started on illegal drugs. After all, she did have free will, and presumably made her own choices. It's also looking like her alchohol abuse may have been the final culprit, in combination with those oh-so-safe legal drugs.

#1325475 --- 02/16/12 01:30 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: VM Smith]

Whitney Houston's candle light vigil.

#1325481 --- 02/16/12 02:01 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: ]
Fingerlakes5 Offline

Loc: global

I already know your response but I want to bring out the absolute ignorance in you
What do you call people who disrespect dead soldiers?
To respect the soldier may mean condoning the killing of a child in war.
A soldier deserves no more respect than a policeman and less than a fireman.
A soldier takes the risk and should know that those who live by the sword die by the sword.
A soldier should always be aware that his/her life is forfeit to the whims of politicians.

#1325482 --- 02/16/12 02:05 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: Fingerlakes5]

You must be a member of the Westboro Baptist Church!

#1325499 --- 02/16/12 02:56 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: ]
Fingerlakes5 Offline

Loc: global
You must be a member of the Westboro Baptist Church!

No but what would you say if I told you that they are absolutely correct?

FYI: To the forum posters, I do not take any negative stance condoning hatred toward anyone. Chicago Jesus cannot comprehend his ignorance and why I made such a statement. His bigotry, hatred and racist attitudes are truly amazing. Hats off to ya kiddo.

#1325503 --- 02/16/12 03:07 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: Fingerlakes5]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Originally Posted By: Fingerlakes5
FYI: To the forum posters, I do not take any negative stance condoning hatred toward anyone. Chicago Jesus cannot comprehend his ignorance and why I made such a statement. His bigotry, hatred and racist attitudes are truly amazing. Hats off to ya kiddo.

You have not figured out it is just a game? He says what he says, does what he does, because it causes everybody to stop discussing the topic of the thread and turn their attention on to him.

I doubt he even agrees with the things he says but he says them to cause a stir. Seriously, do you expect anything better from a guy like this:

#1325510 --- 02/16/12 03:13 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: VM Smith]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
Originally Posted By: bluezone
Originally Posted By: ProAct
Bobby Brown lost.

if she never married him would she still be alive?

Who knows? He may have not even been the person who got her started on illegal drugs. After all, she did have free will, and presumably made her own choices. It's also looking like her alchohol abuse may have been the final culprit, in combination with those oh-so-safe legal drugs.

I was also thinking that Whitney's spiral into drugs and alcohol abuse might have occurred regardless of who she married. A big part of me thinks that she wasn't prepared for the notariety and fame her career brought her. It is unfortunate she passed away. I think she was an amazing entertainer in her prime, but she single handedly destroyed her career and her voice with her vices.

#1325511 --- 02/16/12 03:17 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Being cousins with Dionne and Dee Dee Warwick and having Aretha Franklin as a god-mother, I would think she should've been prepared for the lifestyle of a famous singer.

#1325512 --- 02/16/12 03:19 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: MeRightYouWrong]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Seriously though, Whitney was much more famous and her career took off faster then any of her relatives. She was also pretty young at the onset of her fame.

#1325513 --- 02/16/12 03:21 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

The world did lose an amazing talent with her death. It is unfortunate.

#1325522 --- 02/16/12 03:42 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: MeRightYouWrong]

Originally Posted By: Fingerlakes5

You have not figured out it is just a game? He says what he says, does what he does, because it causes everybody to stop discussing the topic of the thread and turn their attention on to him.

I doubt he even agrees with the things he says but he says them to cause a stir. Seriously, do you expect anything better from a guy like this:
That's a photo of Lus!

#1325534 --- 02/16/12 03:57 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: ]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Sorry. Is this one is you?

#1325538 --- 02/16/12 04:13 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: MeRightYouWrong]

Sorry. Is this one is you?
that's not me.

this is me.

#1325647 --- 02/16/12 09:24 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
I was also thinking that Whitney's spiral into drugs and alcohol abuse might have occurred regardless of who she married. A big part of me thinks that she wasn't prepared for the notariety and fame her career brought her. It is unfortunate she passed away. I think she was an amazing entertainer in her prime, but she single handedly destroyed her career and her voice with her vices.

You said what I was thinking, and maybe better than I did. I'll take another crack at it:

Just because a person is so beautiful and so talented, and just because her life looks so easy and perfect from the outside, doesn't mean that she hasn't always, meaning from childhood, had her quirks, demons, and warped or mistaken and foolish values.

No matter what one's color, drugs in America are always only a phone call away, and always will be, no matter how onerous, intrusive, and yes, sometimes unconstitutional the law is made to be. We all make our choice whether to take drugs, and/or which ones to take, such as alcohol, prescription drugs, pot, crack, etc., etc..

As Houston said of Brown, "We come from the same place." People are prone to look at a person, and a life, which started so seemingly perfectly, when looked at from the outside,and assume that someone else had to have pushed her into it. I figure that perhaps she didn't need much of a push, and perhaps none at all. FI, the deletorious effects of drugs don't manifest overnight; some of them take years to show up. It's entirely possible that she was doing lines when she was still in the church choir.

It's a very sad thing, in any case, but the fact that she was talented, pretty, and rich and famous doesn't really make it any sadder than the early and probably unnecessary death of any other person.

John Donne probably said it as well as anyone:

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.

#1325672 --- 02/16/12 11:19 PM Re: Whitney Houston, superstar RIP [Re: VM Smith]
ProAct Offline

Loc: New York State, Seneca County
Basically I agree with you. But associations sometimes don't help. I believe she could not shake her "devils".

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >