FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1324322 --- 02/11/12 05:38 PM Righties sacifice schools...
Ayuveda Offline

Loc: Imagine
on the altar of ignorance.

5 Right-Wing Governors Gutting Schools to Fund Prisons, Tax Breaks for the Rich...And a Bible Theme Park
When state after state slashes education dollars, we see what matters to them--and where they spend while cutting schools tells us even more.

Sarah Jaffe

February 9, 2012

It's budget time again, and with the economy still in rough shape, that means it's time for governors to show where their priorities are.

It's probably not surprising that right-wing governors claim they can't fund education properly when revenues are low—we've been seeing this happen for years, even before an actual economic crisis knocked states sideways. But cutting funds to schools isn't the only option for states even if they do have to balance their budgets. There are many other places to cut—and of course, they have the option of raising taxes, something the conservative crowd simply refuses to do.

Like any other choice made by a politician, budgeting is a decision laced with ideology. When state after state slashes education dollars (and often at the same time funnels more of the money they do spend to private companies running charter schools, or gives it away as vouchers) we see what matters to them. And when you take a look at the programs that get funded, or the people who get fat tax cuts as money is drained out of the schools, well, you see what matters to state governments.

Here's a look at five of the governors taking money away from their states' kids, and a look at some of the things they are still funding:

http://www.alternet.org/story/154095/5_r...rk/?page=entire

FingerLakes1.com
#1324324 --- 02/11/12 05:49 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Ayuveda]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
I read that. Obama should be added to that list. Obama and Duncan are a Republican dream team when it comes to education. In what other profession are the actual professionals completely left out of the conversation of reform. Duncan was never a teacher, and there are no teachers on his advisory board. Follow the money.

These cuts ensure that students who live in poorer districts will get fewer options. With a property based school tax like in NYS, low-wealth districts rely more on state aid than districts with high property values. In order to achieve equity in education, there must be equity in funding. We don't even have equitable funding, not to mention that high needs areas often have high needs students which often require more services.

#1324325 --- 02/11/12 05:49 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Ayuveda]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

I heard about that bible thumper park in KY. I believe that's the one with statues of dinosaurs with saddles, because of course the fundies think that people rode them since dinosaurs couldn't have existed more than 6,000 years ago.

#1324328 --- 02/11/12 06:06 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Josephus]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Loc: Mountain of Truth
Originally Posted By: Josephus
the fundies think that people rode them since dinosaurs couldn't have existed more than 6,000 years ago.

All the fossils were placed their by Satan to get us questioning God and to lead us astray. Why does God allow Satan to do these things? Why is He waiting until Revelations to defeat Satan? He should just get it done and over with now. Also, why does Satan even bother if He knows it was written of His impending defeat?

<scratches head>

#1324330 --- 02/11/12 06:08 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: MeRightYouWrong]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

And why are so many devout Christians so fearful of death? Death is going home, isn't it?

#1324333 --- 02/11/12 06:20 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Josephus]
Ayuveda Offline

I heard about that bible thumper park in KY. I believe that's the one with statues of dinosaurs with saddles, because of course the fundies think that people rode them since dinosaurs couldn't have existed more than 6,000 years ago.

Scary huh?

#1324334 --- 02/11/12 06:28 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: twocats]
Ayuveda Offline

Originally Posted By: twocats
And why are so many devout Christians so fearful of death? Death is going home, isn't it?

Maybe because 'going home' means gettin' a lickin'!

#1324340 --- 02/11/12 06:52 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Ayuveda]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

To hold two of every creature on the Earth (let's not get into how they were rounded up, especially vicious creatures like lions and tigers, or what those predators were fed), including all the dinosaurs (it must've been even more difficult to round these up and feed), Noah's Ark must've been so huge I can't understand why nobody has ever found any traces of it.

#1324344 --- 02/11/12 06:58 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: MeRightYouWrong]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

I saw it on Evan Almighty, so it must be possible.

*Dinosaurs became extinct because God decided they couldn't go on the Ark.

*I still don't know how every form of plant life and bacteria and viruses were gathered and/or sustained, especially plants and animals that only existed thousands of miles away. I know the plants didn't walk themselves.

#1324347 --- 02/11/12 07:04 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: twocats]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Just think of the number of trees required to build such an ark. Were there that many in the Middle East at that time? Surely, they did not all come from the same forest neither.

Noah was laughed at and thought of as crazy for building this ark, so he obviously had no help gathering the wood to build the ark or gathering two of every species on Earth. Quite an amazing feat for one man in such a short time span. That should put him above Moses and Jesus, as his accomplishment is greater than parting the Red Sea and walking on water combined.

#1324348 --- 02/11/12 07:06 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: MeRightYouWrong]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Actually, I read that that area was dense forest (I don't know when). I think Noah lived to be 600 years old, so there was really nothing incredible about that. ;\)

#1324351 --- 02/11/12 07:31 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Ayuveda]
WilllOWisp Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Quote:
5 Right-Wing Governors Gutting Schools to Fund Prisons

I think they are just being practicle. Most of those kids will wind up in prison anyway, so they want to make sure they get a good education in prison. It's a no brainer...

#1324374 --- 02/11/12 08:12 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Ayuveda]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Ayuveda

Scary huh?

LOL! That was great!

#1324432 --- 02/12/12 01:34 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Ayuveda]

Originally Posted By: Ayuveda
on the altar of ignorance.

5 Right-Wing Governors Gutting Schools to Fund Prisons, Tax Breaks for the Rich...And a Bible Theme Park
When state after state slashes education dollars, we see what matters to them--and where they spend while cutting schools tells us even more.

Sarah Jaffe

February 9, 2012

It's budget time again, and with the economy still in rough shape, that means it's time for governors to show where their priorities are.

It's probably not surprising that right-wing governors claim they can't fund education properly when revenues are low—we've been seeing this happen for years, even before an actual economic crisis knocked states sideways. But cutting funds to schools isn't the only option for states even if they do have to balance their budgets. There are many other places to cut—and of course, they have the option of raising taxes, something the conservative crowd simply refuses to do.

Like any other choice made by a politician, budgeting is a decision laced with ideology. When state after state slashes education dollars (and often at the same time funnels more of the money they do spend to private companies running charter schools, or gives it away as vouchers) we see what matters to them. And when you take a look at the programs that get funded, or the people who get fat tax cuts as money is drained out of the schools, well, you see what matters to state governments.

Here's a look at five of the governors taking money away from their states' kids, and a look at some of the things they are still funding:

http://www.alternet.org/story/154095/5_r...rk/?page=entire
It's a start.

#1324434 --- 02/12/12 01:49 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: ]
Ms Cracktholomew Offline

Loc: emailing FL1
Righties have no use for school. That's why they're all dumber than a box of rocks.

#1324435 --- 02/12/12 01:53 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Ms Cracktholomew]

Originally Posted By: Ms Cracktholomew
Righties have no use for school. That's why they're all dumber than a box of rocks.
They just want the communist indoctrination to stop!

#1324437 --- 02/12/12 02:07 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

Yeah right... please tell me which school districts have communist indoctrination as part of their curriculum, Harleyfraud.

I think Ms Cracktholomew had you right... Dumb as a box of rocks.

#1324438 --- 02/12/12 02:20 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Josephus]

Yeah right... please tell me which school districts have communist indoctrination as part of their curriculum, Harleyfraud.

I think MS Cracktholomew had you right... Dumb as a box of rocks.
It's been going on for you years, comrade Stalin.

#1324445 --- 02/12/12 04:04 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: MeRightYouWrong]
sands Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: MeRightYouWrong
Also, why does Satan even bother if He knows it was written of His impending defeat?

<scratches head>

Because just like you, Satan doesn't believe the Bible.

#1324446 --- 02/12/12 04:54 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Nice non-answer, Harleyfraud. You can't back up your statement any better than you did supplying your non-existant DD-214.

#1324471 --- 02/12/12 01:54 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Josephus]

Nice non-answer, Harleyfraud. You can't back up your statement any better than you did supplying your non-existant DD-214.
***WARNING **** YOU TUBE VIDEO ***WARNING*** Beneath a Revolucion flag with the image of Che Guevara, a DJ played music for the kids in the big gymnasium. A hand made poster on the wall behind him said Stop Raid Now Legalization. Despite the bad spelling, the pro-illegal immigrant message was clear.

This was part of a shockingly blatant day of communist indoctrination at a Chicago Public Schools (CPS) facility. Hundreds of Chicago students of all ages were invited into a day-long display of revolutionary communist propaganda at the Social Justice Student Expo in one of Chicagos community colleges on the north side on Thursday, May 20. Presented by Chicago Youth Initiating Change (CYIC), it had the full blessing of CPS.

#1324472 --- 02/12/12 02:06 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: ]

PS: comrade Stalin I did post my DD214 and it was on my terms not yours. So kiss off!

#1324474 --- 02/12/12 02:31 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: ]
Ayuveda Offline

Let's see.

Safe sex leaflets, LBGT pamphlets, peace and social justice info, Black liberation posters, anti-imperialism material, books by Howard Zinn, political buttons and bumper stickers.

I hope it was well attended.

Don't be scared homie.

#1324475 --- 02/12/12 02:35 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

PS: comrade Stalin I did post my DD214 and it was on my terms not yours. So kiss off!

It wasn't posted on the terms YOU agreed to. It could have been anyone's DD-214. In other words... you didn't post your DD-214, Harleyfraud.

#1324478 --- 02/12/12 02:58 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

***WARNING **** YOU TUBE VIDEO ***WARNING*** Beneath a Revolucion flag with the image of Che Guevara, a DJ played music for the kids in the big gymnasium. A hand made poster on the wall behind him said Stop Raid Now Legalization. Despite the bad spelling, the pro-illegal immigrant message was clear.

This was part of a shockingly blatant day of communist indoctrination at a Chicago Public Schools (CPS) facility. Hundreds of Chicago students of all ages were invited into a day-long display of revolutionary communist propaganda at the Social Justice Student Expo in one of Chicagos community colleges on the north side on Thursday, May 20. Presented by Chicago Youth Initiating Change (CYIC), it had the full blessing of CPS.

As usual, you didn't answer the question. BTW, did you notice that this was in a college? I asked you what school district has communist indocrination as part of their curriculum. Try answering the question, Harleyfraud.

#1324484 --- 02/12/12 03:49 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Josephus]

As usual, you didn't answer the question. BTW, did you notice that this was in a college? I asked you what school district has communist indocrination as part of their curriculum. Try answering the question, Harleyfraud.
I keep telling you I prefer to be addressed as Mr.Jesus...comrade Josephus.

#1324486 --- 02/12/12 04:08 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

...and I prefer to call you a fraud, Harleyfraud.

#1324536 --- 02/12/12 07:50 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Josephus]

...and I prefer to call you a fraud, Harleyfraud.
Okay..comrade!

#1324553 --- 02/12/12 11:27 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: ]
WilllOWisp Offline

I would hope the Commie neighbors in Seneca county will identify themselves when the country collapses. I will be bartering with the Mennonites and Amish for food while you can go to the government FEMA camps. I will not barter with you who helped the decline of our society and country. I don't think they will want to barter with you either. They may be more forgiving than I am, I just don't know.
Your "Utopia" is another mans hell, just like in the past, if we don;t learn from it, we are doomed to repeat it.
We will never see the days of our forefathers again. We will have to fight another Caesar,Stalin,Hitler personality again thanks to the people who vote in communism/Marxism. I have news for you, God wanted the United States of America in 1776 and He will win over evil again. We have not lived up to Gods gift, I hope it won't be too bad \:\(
I just hope we can make sure government schools go away, soon. There is a better way to educate our children through community, not government.
So you sit there in your, "you are stupid to believe in God" mode. You will believe or perish in the end,I know for sure that is true. I wish you knew it too.
I also read history books. They are not boring anymore when you see humanity, time and time again go through this mess. I hated history in school, but now its fascinating. Read books that offer references. I am in the middle of Being George Washington. I can't tell you how awesome this book is.
When will we ever learn? Not just people of faith know, but those who aren't as privileged to know Him should pick light over darkness. Why can't they see? It's so frustrating trying to help you see the way of light. I know I am not that good at expressing how wonderful the light is to those who don;t see it. They cling to their religion of primitive man and won;t see how God is the truth and light in the dark times and the way of the future.

I'm tired of this merry go round, I hope when we beat you this time, the world will never forget and never go down this miserable path again. We have to make sure, or one of these times, we will annihilate our species just to end the misery of not seeing eye to eye. We will have to if the evil wins. Can't we meet in the middle somewhere? Why can't you just live and let live. You always want to change us, we don't want to change you, we just want to get you to stop interfering with our lives and beliefs.
I don't care if your gay, but I don't have to think it's a quality way to be. You want to kill a baby in your womb? God gave us free will. I think doctors who don't have a problem performing abortions should have the right to do so because as much as I don't like the fact you will kill babies, I don't want to go back to dirty knives in back room allies. Woman who died of infection or bleed to death because it's illegal to do abortions is wrong. BUT you will be responsible for that murder. Maybe not by man, but surely to Him who loves life. I don't want to pay for those abortions either!
OK, Sunday sermon is over. Thanks for the read. Sorry I am not a better writer to communicate my ideas effectively, but it sure feels good to get this off my chest.

#1324555 --- 02/13/12 12:13 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: WilllOWisp]
Ayuveda Offline

\:o

I honestly didn't know you can still buy PCP/angel dust in America...

#1324556 --- 02/13/12 12:17 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: WilllOWisp]

Originally Posted By: WilllOWisp
I would hope the Commie neighbors in Seneca county will identify themselves when the country collapses. I will be bartering with the Mennonites and Amish for food while you can go to the government FEMA camps. I will not barter with you who helped the decline of our society and country. I don't think they will want to barter with you either. They may be more forgiving than I am, I just don't know.
Your "Utopia" is another mans hell, just like in the past, if we don;t learn from it, we are doomed to repeat it.
We will never see the days of our forefathers again. We will have to fight another Caesar,Stalin,Hitler personality again thanks to the people who vote in communism/Marxism. I have news for you, God wanted the United States of America in 1776 and He will win over evil again. We have not lived up to Gods gift, I hope it won't be too bad \:\(
I just hope we can make sure government schools go away, soon. There is a better way to educate our children through community, not government.
So you sit there in your, "you are stupid to believe in God" mode. You will believe or perish in the end,I know for sure that is true. I wish you knew it too.
I also read history books. They are not boring anymore when you see humanity, time and time again go through this mess. I hated history in school, but now its fascinating. Read books that offer references. I am in the middle of Being George Washington. I can't tell you how awesome this book is.
When will we ever learn? Not just people of faith know, but those who aren't as privileged to know Him should pick light over darkness. Why can't they see? It's so frustrating trying to help you see the way of light. I know I am not that good at expressing how wonderful the light is to those who don;t see it. They cling to their religion of primitive man and won;t see how God is the truth and light in the dark times and the way of the future.

I'm tired of this merry go round, I hope when we beat you this time, the world will never forget and never go down this miserable path again. We have to make sure, or one of these times, we will annihilate our species just to end the misery of not seeing eye to eye. We will have to if the evil wins. Can't we meet in the middle somewhere? Why can't you just live and let live. You always want to change us, we don't want to change you, we just want to get you to stop interfering with our lives and beliefs.
I don't care if your gay, but I don't have to think it's a quality way to be. You want to kill a baby in your womb? God gave us free will. I think doctors who don't have a problem performing abortions should have the right to do so because as much as I don't like the fact you will kill babies, I don't want to go back to dirty knives in back room allies. Woman who died of infection or bleed to death because it's illegal to do abortions is wrong. BUT you will be responsible for that murder. Maybe not by man, but surely to Him who loves life. I don't want to pay for those abortions either!
OK, Sunday sermon is over. Thanks for the read. Sorry I am not a better writer to communicate my ideas effectively, but it sure feels good to get this off my chest.
\:\)

#1324557 --- 02/13/12 12:18 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Ayuveda]
WilllOWisp Offline

Thanks for the insult, that proves to me, you can't offer anything worthwhile to the discussion and maybe other posters will see it that way too Score one for Jesus

#1324565 --- 02/13/12 01:27 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: WilllOWisp]

Thanks for the insult, that proves to me, you can't offer anything worthwhile to the discussion and maybe other posters will see it that way too Score one for Jesus
All Ayuveda wants is the US to turn into the Union of Socialist States of America.

#1324568 --- 02/13/12 01:45 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: WilllOWisp]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

I find it ironic that you say, "you always want to change us. Why can't you live and let live?"

No one wants to change the religious right. You believe what you want to believe. The problems arise when these religions try to force their beliefs onto others in the form of laws.
I think you said it best when you said that each individual will have to meet their maker and deal with their actions then. Why are so-called religious men trying to act the part of God here on Earth and force others to live by their beliefs?

#1324571 --- 02/13/12 02:12 AM Re: Righties sacrifice schools... [Re: twocats]
WilllOWisp Offline

Originally Posted By: twocats
I find it ironic that you say, "you always want to change us. Why can't you live and let live?"

No one wants to change the religious right. You believe what you want to believe. The problems arise when these religions try to force their beliefs onto others in the form of laws.
Quote:
Neither side should do this

I think you said it best when you said that each individual will have to meet their maker and deal with their actions then. Why are so-called religious men trying to act the part of God here on Earth and force others to live by their beliefs?
twocats, I have to know,what laws? You mean the Judeo=Christian laws that have been around since the founding of the nation? Thou shalt not kill, steal, lie under oath and bear false witness is about all we have left from God's laws. It;s not illegal to be gay, but that doesn't mean that gay people should not obey the laws. Gays have contributed to the decline of humanity in my opinion. It's just as bad when heteros flaunt sex.
I only see gays wanting to put their ideology in our faces and want laws for them to be enforce on us. No more laws of men, please. Both sides!
We are a people of laws, not of men and I personally like it that way.

Do you want it to be legal to kill, steal and lie? Tell me twocats, what Juseo Christian laws do you think people of faith are shoving down your throat? Should we throw out those laws that have worked since our founding?
Quote:
Why are so-called religious men trying to act the part of God here on Earth and force others to live by their beliefs?
I think we should stop them too. Keep government out of our bedrooms, out of schools, out of our marriages keep the laws of government out telling us what to do,period. I don't think the religious people who say abortion should be illegal are following Gods will. Thou shalt not kill though, makes it tempting for them to stop abortion legally, but we also must obey Gods will. It's not OK for me to have an abortion, because I love life, but since we live in a scientific world, thanks to God, we have the knowledge to to great and bad things in medicine. It is plain in the Bible what not to do to .I don't think God intended us to do His justice on this earth, but He also knows we just can't have offenders walking the streets.

We have to have some laws or it will be chaos. How do we fix it so everyone is happy? I say stick to the Constitution and bill of rights. There should be a separation of Church and state, the state should not interfere with the Church and vice a versa. Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness aren't just pretty words by men. We are endowed by our creator. The laws are His we live under. You want to sin? Go ahead, but if you harm people, you should go to jail. We need to define what is harming people. Since you having an abortion doesn't harm me, I don;t care, however, some people like our president, believe in collective salvation. I don't agree with it at all.
That's what most of what BHO is trying to do and I oppose it.
"Collective salvation is the religious belief that members of a group collectively influence the salvation of the group to which they belong." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_salvation

Edited by WilllOWisp (02/13/12 02:14 AM)

#1324575 --- 02/13/12 02:49 AM Re: Righties sacrifice schools... [Re: WilllOWisp]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

I never heard of collective salvation. I'll read more.

I took a few philosophy, ethics and logic courses as an undergrad. I learned that there are very few, if any, absolutes, although I often wonder about the taking of another life. I don't know what I'd do in some situations I've never been in and I hope to never find out.

Of course there should be laws against theft of all kinds, theft of a life, theft of property, theft of freedom. It's the laws that say 'I can do x, but you can't' that offend my sense of justice, interracial marriage, homosexual marriage, as well as the government deciding which substances people can put in their bodies. I don't do drugs, even if they were legal, I wouldn't run out and do them either, but I believe too many people are locked away because someone decided that alcohol is ok, but marijuana is not.
In some states, oral sex is still illegal. These laws were Putin the books as a way of legislating morality. Can't be done. As sands said about gun laws, why not just make murder illegal? it is, and it happens anyways. I do believe violent criminals or those that violate the rights of others should be punished. I wish we could find a punishment that truly rehabilitates, but until we do, prisons and probation will have to suffice.
The USA has, by far, the highest percentage of its citizens imprisoned than any other country in the world. So many of those people are in jail because they chose the wrong substance to ingest.
These are just a few examples. If I'm rambling, sorry. I've got a fever and have slept off and on all day. I haven't been out of the house in days and think I may be going a bit stir crazy. \:\)

#1324584 --- 02/13/12 04:14 AM Re: Righties sacrifice schools... [Re: twocats]
WilllOWisp Offline

Quote:
Of course there should be laws against theft of all kinds, theft of a life, theft of property, theft of freedom. It's the laws that say 'I can do x, but you can't' that offend my sense of justice, interracial marriage, homosexual marriage, as well as the government deciding which substances people can put in their bodies.
You're not rambling. I feel we are connecting and that is a good thing. I don't frown upon interracial marriage. I think it's wonderful in fact that we can be connected like that. I do have a problem accepting the word marriage for gays.
Since they are not a union of man and woman, they should have their own name. This si an awesome opportunity for them. Wouldn't you like to name what your union should be called. They should all get together and come up with a name. Just not marriage. A civil union is OK. they get all the government perks and everyone is happy. Gays won't meet us in the middle, so back and forth we go. Religion will never accept them as long as they want to use the religious word called Marriage. I tried to get info from wikipedia, but they say marriage predates recorded history. Since the US was founded on JudeoChristian values, I have to go with that definition. Personally I like the term Rainbow Connection for gays. It sounds lovely.

#1324655 --- 02/13/12 03:12 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: WilllOWisp]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Do you mean Lucifer, the Light Bearer?

#1324659 --- 02/13/12 03:23 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Josephus]
Zealot Offline

Loc: Yates
please tell me which school districts have communist indoctrination as part of their curriculum

Kindergarteners at a Texas elementary school were sent home with lyrics to a pro-President Barack Obama song that included such lines as “Barack Obama is the man” and “He’s our man, yes we can!”

The song, part of a Black History Month program, was forwarded from a parent at Tipps Elementary School in Houston to Joe “Pags” Pagliarulo, a nationally syndicated radio host and frequent fill-in for Glenn Beck. Included with the lyrics was an apparent memo to kindergarten teachers that said kindergarteners would be “required” to learn the chant for the program [all spelling errors below are original]:

Team:

Attached is a chant about President Barack Obama. All Kindergarteners will be required to learn the chant for the Black History program. Please write how many you will need. Keep one copy to practice with students at school.

Thanks,
Mary Stovall
Bridgette Babineaux

The Barack Obama Song

Who is our 44th President?
Obama is our 44th President
Who is a DC resident?
Obama is a DC resident
Resident, President

Who’s favorite team is the Chicago White Sox?
Obama’s favorite team is the Chicago White sox
Who really thinks outside the box?
Obama really thinks outside the box
Outside the box, Chicago White Sos
Resident, President

Who really likes to play basketball?
Obama really likes to play basketball
Who’s gonna answer our every call?
Every Call, Basketball
Outside the box, Chicago White Sox
Resident, President

Who’s famous slogan is Yes we can?
Obams’s famous slogan is Yes we can
Who do we know is the man?
Barack Obama is the man
He’s our man, Yes we can!
Every Call, Basketvall
Resident, President
Who won a grammy for “Dreams of my Father”?
Obama won a grammy for “Dreams of my Father”?
Now can you guess who’s a famous author
Barack Obama is a famous author

Famous Author, Dreams of my Father
Every Call, Basketball
Outside the box. Chicago White Sox
Resident President

Who wants to go to college at Yale?
Malia & Sasha will go to college at Yale
Who’ll make sure they won’t fail?
Barack & Michelle know they won’t fail

They won’t fail, they’re going to Yale
Famous Author, Dream of my Father
Every Call, Basketball
Resident, President

#1324660 --- 02/13/12 03:25 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Zealot]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

#1324769 --- 02/13/12 07:53 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: MeRightYouWrong]

Originally Posted By: MeRightYouWrong

That's the way it was done back in the day 40's.

Should we salute our Lord and Master Hussein Obama like that?

#1324883 --- 02/14/12 12:26 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Zealot]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Zealot
please tell me which school districts have communist indoctrination as part of their curriculum

Kindergarteners at a Texas elementary school were sent home with lyrics to a pro-President Barack Obama song that included such lines as “Barack Obama is the man” and “He’s our man, yes we can!”

We were discussing schools with communism indoctrination as part of the school curriculum. Curiously, I didn't even see the word communism included in that whole thing. Are you saying that learning chants is communism?

#1325158 --- 02/14/12 11:43 PM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Josephus]

We were discussing schools with communism indoctrination as part of the school curriculum. Curiously, I didn't even see the word communism included in that whole thing. Are you saying that learning chants is communism?
You tell us how you became a pinko commie!

#1325166 --- 02/15/12 12:20 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: Josephus]
Fingerlakes5 Offline

Loc: global

Is this particular chant Communist?

Ooh-rah is a battle cry common in the United States Marine Corps since the mid-20th century. It is comparable to hooah in the US Army and hooyah in the US Navy and US Coast Guard. It is most commonly used to respond to a verbal greeting or as an expression of enthusiasm.

#1325171 --- 02/15/12 12:34 AM Re: Righties sacifice schools... [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

You tell us how you became a pinko commie!

You tell us how you became a fraud....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >