FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1302717 - 10/13/11 04:58 AM RCS Principal Calls Students Names
BigDogs Offline

Loc: LittleDog, NY
My daughter's friend came home with her today, and told us that on her bus to BOCES (for her Tech-Career program) there was an issue with a group of students and the Principal was called to assist so the bus could leave the school.
The Principal ended up taking 2 students off the bus, but not before stating to the entire bus "you are disgusting punks". What a great way to be a roll model for staff,students and community. She would have some explaining to do if I was a parent, and it wouldn't be over the phone.

FingerLakes1.com
#1302721 - 10/13/11 05:35 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: BigDogs]
poohbear66 Offline

Loc: ny, usa
If you have such a problem with what you heard from a second source then call the school and make an appointment to see what was said and how it can be corrected. Obviously the principal is reading this and everything you ever hear on here is the truth.

#1302723 - 10/13/11 05:48 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: poohbear66]
BigDogs Offline

Loc: LittleDog, NY
Read it...It wasn't a "second source". It was from the first person who was ON the bus, and was referred to as one of the "you are disgusting pigs". I am sure her office will be very busy today, but she'll have her AP and Superintendent standing behind her to support her.

#1302724 - 10/13/11 05:52 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: BigDogs]
teedoff27 Offline

Loc: S2Hphoto
So kids always tell the truth 100% and never embellish?? If the ENTIRE bus was "disgusting pigs" why didn't the principal kick them ALL off the bus?? I will bet anything the comment was directed at the 2 trouble makers

#1302725 - 10/13/11 06:00 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: teedoff27]
teedoff27 Offline

If this is a first person story, did the first person tell you what the students were doing to cause the disruption? I understand it is the principal's duty to stay professional at ALL times but depending on the disruption and EVERYTHING the trouble makers said to the principal, the principal may of had a momentary lapse or reason.

#1302727 - 10/13/11 06:46 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: teedoff27]
myopinion2share Offline

Loc: Romans 8:38
Big Dogs,
In your first post you quoted him as saying "disgusting PUNKS" and yet minutes later quoted him as saying "disgusting PIGS".
Please, go to the source, and find out the truth.

#1302728 - 10/13/11 06:48 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: BigDogs]
Sammi Offline

Loc: seneca
If she called them disgusting punks as you say.....then they were behaving like disgusting punks! A principal should NOT have to be called to remove kids from a secondary school bus EVER! It shows that parents have not taught and demanded respectful behavior. It is dangerous to the students to have these disruptions on a bus. When kids end up behaving or being disgusting punks from lack of good parenting, the parents are offended? Please! Somebody has to tell them so don't kill the messenger.If I had a kid on that bus, I would be yelling over how my child is exposed to the disgusting punks who think they can do anything they want because they are supported by ignorant, enabling poor parents. If it doesn't apply...let it fly. If it does, control your kids. I feel sorry for the principal who has to worry about everybody!

#1302735 - 10/13/11 07:31 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: Sammi]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA
Big Dogs, if you were not there, then it is second-hand. Maybe if the kids weren't disgusting punks, the principal wouldn't be in that situation.

#1302736 - 10/13/11 07:31 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: BigDogs]
Whowantstoknow Offline

Loc: NY
I have found that sometimes adults who actually stoop down to the students level of talking (ie: "disgusting punks")they will actually listen better to the adult. Sometimes students will disrespect adults more when they are professional because A. the student doesnt care of the consequences, and B. the student knows that the adult cannot legally do anything to hurt them. Therefore i have found that if you sometimes act or talk to the students in the manor they talk to others, you have a better chance of them listening. That way they know your down to earth, and maybe they would think about what they did wrong sooner than later after the consequences worsen.

#1302750 - 10/13/11 09:06 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: poohbear66]
littleperson Offline

Loc: seneca county
I am not at all surprized by this situation.This administrator talks to the students with disrespect on a regular basis.What's even worse she speaks to the parents in the same manner.Many people ,including myself, have complained about her behavior to the superintendent and to the school board and nothing gets done.It is such a shame that in a school where we have such great teachers they allow the principal to act in such a way.She calls kids names,looses control while screaming at kids in public without knowing what is going on,and acuses kids of behavior without evidence.In a time when there are so many programs about bullying,it is such a shame that at Romulus the bully is the school principal.

#1302751 - 10/13/11 09:11 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: littleperson]
Sam the Sham Offline

Loc: USA
This thread is a good example of why so many kids are out of control these days.

Instead of worrying about what the students did to get yelled at in the first place, people are up in arms that the administrator called a spade a spade.

#1302752 - 10/13/11 09:13 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: poohbear66]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
make an appointment to see what was said and how it can be corrected.

Why are you sure it needs to be corrected? Maybe they actually were disgusting punks. If so, why would it be wrong to identify them as such?

#1302755 - 10/13/11 09:18 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: Sam the Sham]
littleperson Offline

Kids should be corrected and punished if need be but adults should act like adults not like crazed brats with a little power

#1302760 - 10/13/11 09:21 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: VM Smith]
teedoff27 Offline

Originally Posted By: VM Smith
Quote:
make an appointment to see what was said and how it can be corrected.

Why are you sure it needs to be corrected? Maybe they actually were disgusting punks. If so, why would it be wrong to identify them as such?

For some the TRUTH may hurt is my guess. Another guess is the kids added to the story and convieniently left out important facts in order to get others to take their side.

#1302769 - 10/13/11 09:47 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: BigDogs]
redneckwoodchuk Offline

Loc: chuck hole
Originally Posted By: BigDogs
My daughter's friend came home with her today, and told us that on her bus to BOCES (for her Tech-Career program) there was an issue with a group of students and the Principal was called to assist so the bus could leave the school.
The Principal ended up taking 2 students off the bus, but not before stating to the entire bus "you are disgusting punks". What a great way to be a roll model for staff,students and community. She would have some explaining to do if I was a parent, and it wouldn't be over the phone.

Does Romulus School have any plans for trauma counselors to be on site. I'm almost sure these poor little kids have never in their life's heard such talk by an adult!

#1302778 - 10/13/11 10:01 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: redneckwoodchuk]
littleperson Offline

yea just make a joke of it...she is the administrator so she must be right....by the way the vice principal deals with discipline without acting like a lunatic ..so its not a problem with actions being taken it is a problem with the way she talks to the students,parents,Oh and by the way.....teachers too

#1302783 - 10/13/11 10:32 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: redneckwoodchuk]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA
Originally Posted By: redneckwoodchuk
Originally Posted By: BigDogs

Does Romulus School have any plans for trauma counselors to be on site. I'm almost sure these poor little kids have never in their life's heard such talk by an adult!

My guess is these "poor little kids" could use a boot in the backside.

#1302793 - 10/13/11 10:57 AM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: Greymane]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Is it me or do people need to develop a thicker skin?

I cant imagine what the emotional blowback would have been if a tounge was stuck out or God forbid cooties were mentioned on the bus.

#1302801 - 10/13/11 12:00 PM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: DR. D]
warmnfuzzy Offline

Loc: space
What would the principal do if a student bad-mouthed a teacher?

#1302804 - 10/13/11 12:12 PM Re: RCS Principal Calls Students Names [Re: littleperson]
redneckwoodchuk Offline

Loc: chuck hole
Originally Posted By: littleperson
yea just make a joke of it...she is the administrator so she must be right....by the way the vice principal deals with discipline without acting like a lunatic ..so its not a problem with actions being taken it is a problem with the way she talks to the students,parents,Oh and by the way.....teachers too
I wasn't making a joke about trauma counselors.I'm concerned about their mental health, this could affect their behavior as they grow into adults.

Edited by redneckwoodchuk (10/13/11 02:33 PM)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >