FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1289396 --- 07/31/11 10:09 AM Question?
PYmastersteve Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
maybe mean gene can help me out with this one. WHy is it a registered sex offender is allowed to hang out and spend alot of time in a aparment complex full of kids? I find this absurd.

FingerLakes1.com
#1289415 --- 07/31/11 12:43 PM Re: Question? [Re: PYmastersteve]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
I'll explain it, you probably won't like the explanation. There are three different level's of sex offenders. Level three being the most serious on down to level one. The level they are classified has nothing to do with where they are allowed to be.

The controlling factor as to where they can live and who they can be around is their parole or probation officer. (if they have one) If they do, Parole and or probation can pretty much tell them where they can live and who they cannot be around.

All sex offenders do not have parole or probation officers. Those who do,if they don't get in more trouble will max out their parole and or probation at some point. Once they do that there are no conditions attached to who they hang around or where they go.
When that happens the only "stigma" attached to them is their name being on the sex offender registry. That is suppose to alert people with children or those who could be at risk that this offender is living among them.

Hope that explains it well enough for you! \:\)

Edited by Mean Gene (07/31/11 12:44 PM)

#1289418 --- 07/31/11 01:25 PM Re: Question? [Re: Mean Gene]
PYmastersteve Offline

That definately clears it up a bit more for me. My question is this tho, if the apartment complex manager has already told the person he visits that he can't be here and he shows up, can something be done about it?

#1289441 --- 07/31/11 04:58 PM Re: Question? [Re: PYmastersteve]
Mean Gene Offline

If someone renting at an apartment complex invites someone over to visit his apartment, that person is there with "license & privlege". In other words the complex manager cannot tell the tenants who they can invite over as guests if they are renting there. As long as that person invited over is not breaking the law there is not much the complex manager can do. They can try and evict the tenant but I am guessing they better have legitimate grounds to do so.

#1289444 --- 07/31/11 05:52 PM Re: Question? [Re: Mean Gene]
PYmastersteve Offline

Thats a bummer because we dont want him up here near our kids..thanks for the help tho.

#1289744 --- 08/01/11 10:43 PM Re: Question? [Re: PYmastersteve]
brainman Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: PYmastersteve
Thats a bummer because we dont want him up here near our kids..thanks for the help tho.

Don't live in subsidized apartments then.

#1289763 --- 08/02/11 02:43 AM Re: Question? [Re: brainman]
PYmastersteve Offline

What difference does it make where i live? They shouldnt be allowed anywhere near where kids live.

#1289787 --- 08/02/11 07:11 AM Re: Question? [Re: PYmastersteve]
brainman Offline

What difference does it make where i live? They shouldnt be allowed anywhere near where kids live.

The quality of where you live attracts the quality of the people that are around.

Edited by brainman (08/02/11 07:11 AM)

#1289793 --- 08/02/11 07:56 AM Re: Question? [Re: brainman]
PYmastersteve Offline

Your not very smart are you?

#1289799 --- 08/02/11 08:31 AM Re: Question? [Re: PYmastersteve]
gogonk Offline

Loc: ny
The whole town has sex offenders,every street...What you need to do is stop watching them and watch your kids....Think about the lake little kids swimming are you going to tell the sex offenders they cant swim????At least at your house you can watch your kids, and keep them safe.

#1289845 --- 08/02/11 11:42 AM Re: Question? [Re: gogonk]
PYmastersteve Offline

The lake is a public place not much can be done about that. But last i checked a persons residence isnt a public place. not to mention one lady runs a licensed daycare out of her apartment, so, he shouldnt be up here ever.

#1289895 --- 08/02/11 05:06 PM Re: Question? [Re: brainman]
Curmudgeon Offline

Originally Posted By: brainman

This remark pretty much tells us where brainman's brain is located...........

#1289906 --- 08/02/11 06:10 PM Re: Question? [Re: Curmudgeon]
PYmastersteve Offline

Originally Posted By: Curmudgeon

LOL yep. Seems how if you look at the registry, there all over the place, EXCEPT the complex :)) and one way or another, it will stay that way hopefully.

#1289929 --- 08/02/11 09:07 PM Re: Question? [Re: PYmastersteve]
brainman Offline

Originally Posted By: Curmudgeon

LOL yep. Seems how if you look at the registry, there all over the place, EXCEPT the complex :)) and one way or another, it will stay that way hopefully.

I'm sure there's not to many living around the lake. Most sex offenders are low lifes not affluent people. That was my point.

#1289932 --- 08/02/11 09:23 PM Re: Question? [Re: brainman]
Mean Gene Offline

Curmudgeon, Your back!! We need more of your witty comments \:\)

#1289935 --- 08/02/11 09:44 PM Re: Question? [Re: Mean Gene]
brainman Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene

Witty! Yeah OK! LMAO!

#1290167 --- 08/03/11 08:10 PM Re: Question? [Re: Mean Gene]
Curmudgeon Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene

I try to be as witty as John Greenleaf but he was Whittier...

#1290182 --- 08/03/11 09:17 PM Re: Question? [Re: brainman]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools

The quality of where you live attracts the quality of the people that are around.

You're saying that if you're around people who have more money, in a better building, you'll be around a better class of people?

Like Congress?

#1290189 --- 08/03/11 09:54 PM Re: Question? [Re: VM Smith]
brainman Offline

Originally Posted By: VM Smith

You're saying that if you're around people who have more money, in a better building, you'll be around a better class of people?

Like Congress?

I'm saying if you live in welfare subsidized apartments with drunks and drugies you are living with a lower quality of people.

#1290195 --- 08/03/11 10:54 PM Re: Question? [Re: PYmastersteve]
S.P. King 4th Offline

Loc: PARTYING!
The lake is a public place not much can be done about that. But last i checked a persons residence isnt a public place. not to mention one lady runs a licensed daycare out of her apartment, so, he shouldnt be up here ever.

Someone runs a licensed day care out of an apartment in meadowside? WOW! Is the government subsidizing her living as well her business location? Must be nice.

Maybe in choosing a location for her business she should have chosen a place where she could control the building and grounds, not a location with many apartments, where the tenants can invite over anyone they want, and she has no control over it!

Who pays for their kid to go to a daycare run out of an apartment in meadowside?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >