FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1283869 --- 07/05/11 10:26 PM you can commit murder and get away with it
ibepokenmore Offline

Loc: waterloo

FingerLakes1.com
#1283874 --- 07/05/11 11:12 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: ibepokenmore]
Harleybobb Offline

Loc: Walloon Freedom Fighter
A jury of her peers found her innocent!

#1283877 --- 07/05/11 11:15 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Harleybobb]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
Not sure they were her peers.

#1283879 --- 07/05/11 11:17 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Harleybobb]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: Harleybobb

Not Guilty is one heck of a lot different than Innocent.

#1283881 --- 07/05/11 11:28 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: twocats]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
This topic has nothing to do with Seneca County and there is already a thread.

#1283882 --- 07/05/11 11:35 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: DR. D]
dgk2 Offline

Loc: ny
You cant make the determination that someone is guilty and deserves to die, based on what the media and or nancy grace tells you.
No one knows that casey anthony killed her. And the defenses theory of events obviously was plausible enough to the jury of 12 american ppl to not be able to sentence someone to death with out reasonable doubt.
The justice system worked today, " it is better for 10 guilty ppl to go free then to send one inncoent person to jail or sentence them to death."

#1283883 --- 07/05/11 11:37 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: dgk2]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Who killed her?

#1283884 --- 07/05/11 11:42 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Della]
netgear Offline

Loc: USA
Drowned? Then why cover it up to look like murder Guilty as hell
Dad and daughter should die. Just so wrong.
Drowned no water in lungs.
Dad finds car smell like human decomposition the why not call 911? No take the car back home ????? If she drowned again why was duct tape used????

#1283885 --- 07/05/11 11:47 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: netgear]
Della Offline
Gold Member

I agree whether or not it belongs here someone got away with murder and will probably be out partying Thurs night.

#1283937 --- 07/06/11 04:30 AM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: ibepokenmore]
ibepokenmore Offline

the case broke when realtv was court tv. just like scott peterson everyone was out looking for caylee while she insisted she knew nothing of her own daughters whereabouts. she said she left her with her nanny. no wait she then said someone kidnapped her and said she was to wait 1 month to report it or they would kill her. then when they went around to see if she really was looking for her the pics of her came out all drunk and well ya know. she explained that away by saying she was looking for caylee. and she kept saying that she knew caylee was near. she was. her father is an ex cop her mother a nurse. before they knew caylee was missing they called 911 to report her granddaughter missing and that the car they finally got returned
smelled like a dead body. that was the second call they made about the whole thing. yes i am venting and i can vent just like everyone else can. i am so sick of children being victims and worse being victimized by a parent. the courts and the police did their job. i myself believe in a greater being than ourselves and He goes by GOD.
and for the record i don't like or watch nancy grace . the info i got was recorded phone conversations and interrogation tapes she her self said. so yeah in my book she is guilty. she was just being sympathized with because she said her dad was the fault and sexually abused her and all.

#1284030 --- 07/06/11 04:04 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: ibepokenmore]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA
If my child dies, I sure as hell ain't running out to get a "Beautiful Life" tattoo. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

#1284039 --- 07/06/11 05:23 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Harleybobb]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Harleybobb

Nope they found her not guilty. Different ferdict than innocent. Not guilty means that they believe she might have done it, but the prosecution failed to remove all resaonable doubt.

#1284045 --- 07/06/11 06:09 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: cwjga]
Fud P Offline

Casey Anthony would be a good running mate for Sarah Palin.

#1284047 --- 07/06/11 06:10 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Fud P]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Fud P

#1284052 --- 07/06/11 06:23 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Fud P]
DeadDave Offline

Loc: 6 feet under

This has to be the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.

#1284061 --- 07/06/11 06:48 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: DeadDave]
Fud P Offline

Originally Posted By: DeadDave

Right. Dumb+Dumber=Dumbest.

Palin/Anthony 2012

#1284063 --- 07/06/11 06:51 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Fud P]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA
Why not Palin / Pelosi? Might as well pull the chain and flush the whole thing right now.

#1284064 --- 07/06/11 06:55 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Fud P]
DeadDave Offline

Loc: 6 feet under

Palin/Anthony 2012
U missed my point. I'm talking about u.

#1284065 --- 07/06/11 06:57 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Harleybobb]
Harleybobb Offline

Rush Limbaugh on the Casey Anthony verdict.

"You know, what I don't understand about it is they're [the media] all card-carrying liberals. When does the death of a child bother them? I've never seen them get so upset over the death of a child," Rush Limbaugh said about the Casey Anthony verdict in his monologue on Wednesday.

"If the child had died, what, two years earlier in the womb this woman would be a star. She'd be a hero. And folks, I don't think that is a cliche to say. And I don't think it is as cheap attempt at humor. I think that while it may be uncomfortable to hear -- one of the reasons it is uncomfortable to hear is that there is an element of truth in it," Limbaugh added.

Rush told the media if they want to feel better, they should imagine that Casey Anthony had an abortion instead:

"You people in the media, if you really, really think she is guilty and you want to feel better about this just tell yourselves that she waited a couple of years to get an abortion and then you'll feel better."

"Abortion is brutal, [it's] never characterized that way and the reason it is brutal is because there is an element of truth of it. I just wanted to put it out there. Pure and simple, nothing more."

#1284066 --- 07/06/11 06:59 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: DeadDave]
Harleybobb Offline

Palin/Anthony 2012

Dave leave Fud alone. The guy is a retired teacher and he overdosed on chalk dust years ago.

#1284070 --- 07/06/11 07:11 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Harleybobb]
Harleybobb Offline

Casey Anthony and the Law And Order Effect

Posted by streiff
Wednesday, July 6th at 2:00PM EDT

I’m not a lawyer and I don’t even play one on the internet but I am a concerned citizen and the trial, but not the acquittal, of Casey Anthony concerns me greatly.

I’m a conservative, not a libertarian. Generally speaking I’m all in favor of putting asses in jail. What I’m not in favor of is the life, liberty, and property of American citizens being treated as some sort of a game. That is why the Casey Anthony trial makes me angry.

Much of the commentary on the Casey Anthony trial has centered on what is being called the “CSI effect”: the alleged belief that juries require more scientific evidence, like that routinely developed on the television conglomerate CSI: Whatever (where apparently jaywalking rates investigation by a half dozen lab tech cum SWAT members). I disagree. If anything the Casey Anthony trial showed that juries aren’t necessarily overawed by scientific hoohah. If anything, I think the Casey Anthony verdict was a direct result of the Law and Order effect.
The power to charge a fellow citizen… a fellow human… with a crime that could see them strapped to a prison gurney and given a lethal injection or confined to prison for the remainder of their life is a truly awesome one. It is a power that every jurisdiction in this country entrusts to a district attorney or similarly named individual who may be either appointed or elected. That position is probably best known to potential jurors through the television series Law and Order in the character Jack McCoy.
I’m old enough to separate reality from television but the tactics of Jack McCoy have always been very unsettling to me. I’ll leave it to Wikipedia to encapsulate my queasiness with McCoy as a prosecutor:

He quickly establishes himself as a more unconventional, ruthless litigator than his predecessor, Ben Stone (Michael Moriarty); he often bends—and sometimes breaks—trial rules to get convictions, finds tenuous rationales for charging defendants with crimes when the original charges fail to stick, and charges innocent people to frighten them into testifying against others.

I believe this paragraph tells you all you need to know about the Casey Anthony trial.

No one doubts the death of Caylee Anthony was a tragedy. The child is dead. The mother has spent three years in jail awaiting trial. She has been exposed both as one of the worst mothers in history – not that it will prevent her from dropping another kid in a year or two – and as a callous and promiscuous young woman. The grandfather has been publicly shamed as a pedophile. Various experts have beclowned themselves. And, for many, their faith in our criminal justice system (which a lawyer friend once told me neither a system nor justice but it is definitely criminal) was damaged.

But what we don’t know is the circumstances under which the child died. Was she killed with premeditation? Was she killed in anger? Was she killed inadvertently? Did she die in an accident? Based on this glaring, bonejarring lack of evidence one wonders how any human being would feel justified placing another on trial for their life based on the rankest speculation?

If an adversarial system of justice is to survive there must be a sense of propriety and proportionality observed by both sides. When the prosecution takes a case that is very nebulous and spends an inordinate amount of time and money on its prosecution one has to wonder why? Orange County, FL has over 100 homicides a year and the selection of this case for the attention it received gives the impression it was done for no other reason than chumming for headlines. When the prosecution embraces pushing the limits of the law – in its best light – or approaches the trial as a media event it simply encourages bad behavior on the part of the defense bar. Worse than that, we citizens begin to see ourselves as part of nothing more than a process of boosting prosecutorial egos and careers if we come into contact with the criminal justice system.

A responsible DA, in my view, would have looked at the evidence and circumstances and decided what charge was consistent with both. Not what charge you’d really, really like to prove but which charge the evidence supports. Unfortunately for the DA, in their zeal to turn this case into a death penalty trial – for reasons which I can only speculate but book deals, movie rights, upward political mobliity and swordfights with other Florida DAs would probably fit in there someplace – they overlooked a basic fact. Before you can judicially kill someone you have to prove a crime actually took place.

We don’t know what happened to Caylee Anthony and the odds are we never will. What we do know is that the acquittal of Casey Anthony was not because of some fanciful desire by the jury for mo’ better forensic evidence. The reason she was acquitted was because she was charged with a crime for which there was zero forensic or commonsense evidence.

A jury of twelve citizens weighed the state’s case. Unlike the prosecution they were cognizant of the truly awesome power of life and death in their hands and rightfully decided that despite what they may have felt in their gut there was no evidence that warranted convicting the defendant of a capital crime.

#1284071 --- 07/06/11 07:11 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: ibepokenmore]
Estelle Offline

Loc: The Beautiful NYS Finger Lakes
One would think, oh I don't know, maybe that the state of Florida was spending a fortune on this case because they were absolutely positive she did it. The jury found her a liar, but couldn't find a clue that she was the one who killed that baby.
Blind Blind Blind injustice. Just my own opinion.

#1284106 --- 07/06/11 10:02 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: DeadDave]
Fud P Offline

Palin/Anthony 2012

In that case, I don't care.

#1284126 --- 07/07/11 12:11 AM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Estelle]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: Estelle
One would think, oh I don't know, maybe that the state of Florida was spending a fortune on this case because they were absolutely positive she did it. The jury found her a liar, but couldn't find a clue that she was the one who killed that baby.
Blind Blind Blind injustice. Just my own opinion.

The state couldn't be positive, unless they'd seen her do it. States have been "positive" of a person's guilt before, and have convicted people, only to have it proved later that the person was innocent.

The state was convinced of her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt; the jury wasn't. They knew of clues that indicated guilt, but didn't find them sufficient to convict.

It's reasonable to have doubts about many jury verdicts. I have doubts about this verdict; I have a gut feeling that she is guilty. Maybe the jury does too. Maybe the jury would have convicted, and didn't, only because they didn't want to put someone to death if they had any doubt at all, but would have convicted if execution of a possibly innocent person hadn't been a possibility.

I've lied too much in my life. That is not, and never would be, proof of anything other than the fact that I'm capable of lying.

#1284142 --- 07/07/11 02:03 AM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: ibepokenmore]
ibepokenmore Offline

i'm not going to say i am sorry for calling her a murderer. a rose is a rose. had she of just said she drowned i panicked and i am sorry it would have gotten a 15 minute publication. but because i don't know, maybe saying her daughter was kidnapped she grabbed the attention of america. she is the only reason why this gained more media coverage. she killed her child and tried to blame her father, blame a non-exsistant nanny, and kidnappers. the only one she didn't blame was the murderer. and i hope that if another child is murdered anywhere the state will spend as much money as Florida did to get the murderer.

#1284302 --- 07/07/11 07:45 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: ibepokenmore]
Festus Offline

Loc: On yer nerves.

#1284308 --- 07/07/11 08:21 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Festus]
Highlander Offline

Caylee's Law should be passed !!!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law

#1284314 --- 07/07/11 08:47 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: Highlander]
ovidtech Offline

Loc: Between.
Originally Posted By: Highlander
Caylee's Law should be passed !!!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law

I don't see this as the feds business. If at all, it should be state by state. And I don't agree there should be one at all.

#1284318 --- 07/07/11 08:54 PM Re: you can commit murder and get away with it [Re: ovidtech]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
And I don't agree there should be one at all.

I agree.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >