FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1279407 --- 06/10/11 01:19 AM How 'bout them Sox!
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Swept the Yankees on their own ball field tonight, and are now leading the division by two! A late game tonight (2.5 hour rain delay), but my boys came alive in the 7th inning to take the game.

FingerLakes1.com
#1279412 --- 06/10/11 05:18 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
brainman Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Josephus
Swept the Yankees on their own ball field tonight, and are now leading the division by two! A late game tonight (2.5 hour rain delay), but my boys came alive in the 7th inning to take the game.

That's twice the Yanks have been swept at home by the Sox this year. You notice no comments from those Yankee lovers.

#1279648 --- 06/11/11 10:21 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: brainman]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: brainman

That's twice the Yanks have been swept at home by the Sox this year. You notice no comments from those Yankee lovers.

Not likely to hear from that crowd.

#1279764 --- 06/11/11 08:39 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

The Sox kiiled the Blue Jays today, 14-6. Unfortunately, the striped ones also won, so the Sox remain in front by two games.

#1279782 --- 06/11/11 09:53 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
RedGreen Offline

Loc: Charlotte
Don't count out Buck and the O's red hot right now and beating AL East teams.

#1279817 --- 06/12/11 08:22 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
s2hphoto.com Offline

I guess all those steroids and 100 million dollar contracts aren't helping the Yankees this year LOL

#1279945 --- 06/12/11 05:39 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Sox killed the Blue Jays again... this time 14-1.

#1279947 --- 06/12/11 05:45 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: RedGreen
Don't count out Buck and the O's red hot right now and beating AL East teams.

Ummm... check the standings again. The O's are in last place in the AL East and are 8 games back. But... I'll bet they are on a hot streak, as you say. They are to be watched... especially with Buck Showalter at the helm. I've got a buddy down there who is counting on him. ;\)

#1280135 --- 06/13/11 11:00 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
timfromcal Offline

Loc: Ca
Only hear from you Beaners when you're in first.(frontrunners) Didn't hear from you at the beginning of the season. By the way, say Bozoton wins the WS next five years, you beaners will still have to win almost twenty more title to catch NY even if NY doesn't win anymore titles. (Not in your lifetime)

#1280588 --- 06/15/11 06:07 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: timfromcal
Only hear from you Beaners when you're in first.(frontrunners) Didn't hear from you at the beginning of the season. By the way, say Bozoton wins the WS next five years, you beaners will still have to win almost twenty more title to catch NY even if NY doesn't win anymore titles. (Not in your lifetime)

That's funny... I swear that I only hear from the Yankers when THEY are leading the division. Not hearing too much from you these days. BTW, who cares about how many World Series each team has won? The Yankers won their first World Series in 1923. By that time, the Red Sox had won fully a quarter of the 20 World Series that had been played up to that point. In reality, its pretty much irrelevent to the teams playing today. Try focusing on this year.

#1280694 --- 06/16/11 10:50 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
timfromcal Offline

Who started this post? You beaners must be in first place. In the meantime focus on the number 27. Good luck with that.

#1280753 --- 06/16/11 08:20 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Who started this post? You beaners must be in first place. In the meantime focus on the number 27. Good luck with that.

Yeah...it's such a sin to cheer for your team, especially when they are doing well. \:\/

I have no idea who number 27 is... and I couldn't care less.

BTW, why in the world is someone from CA on a forum in upstate NY?

#1280819 --- 06/17/11 09:05 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
toober Offline

Loc: rochester,ny
Why do people who live in New York root for Boston and Baltimore or whoever else from out of state? And why do people who don't know a damn thing about sports throw in their two cents around here? Let's wait to see how the season plays out. Yanks down 3 key pitchers and still hanging in there with a lot of "low payroll" guys. Boston hasn't won a damn thing yet just as they hadn't lost anyhing yet went they went 0-fer the first week or so of the season. It is 162 games and then some the last time I checked.

#1280830 --- 06/17/11 09:46 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: toober]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

First of all... the question wasn't why someone from CA was rooting for the New York Yankees. I live HERE and root for the Red Sox... ever wonder why? The remark was a question as to why someone in CA was posting on an upstate forum. You read more into the question than was necessary.

And yes... you are correct that no one has won anything yet. But it doesn't mean you can't get excited about your team. And you should keep your coments about what people know and don't know to yourself...

#1280833 --- 06/17/11 10:05 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
timfromcal Offline

In answer to your question, I live in CA but was born and raised in Interlaken. I enjoy the NY-Boston rivalry. It's all in good fun. After all it is just a game. The sawks are white hot right now. I hope the Yanks can keep up. 27 and holding is the number of titles won. Good luck to your team just not too much good luck.

#1280840 --- 06/17/11 10:33 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

In answer to your question, I live in CA but was born and raised in Interlaken. I enjoy the NY-Boston rivalry. It's all in good fun. After all it is just a game. The sawks are white hot right now. I hope the Yanks can keep up. 27 and holding is the number of titles won. Good luck to your team just not too much good luck.

I'm sure the Yankees will keep up, and will probably bounce back and forth with the Sox in the top two slots in the American East. I enjoy the rivaly too. \:\)

Where in the Southland are you? I spent a couple of years there, thanks to the USN. Pretty country there once you get out of the city and see it.

#1280846 --- 06/17/11 10:46 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
timfromcal Offline

Spent 20 years in Alameda. Last 10 outside Sacramento. NorCal. Can see the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mts. from home. Still think of NY as home. \:D

#1280886 --- 06/17/11 02:30 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
toober Offline

First of all Joey I wasn't referring to the guy from California as he said he was a Yankee fan. I was referring to you and Redgreen the Oriole fan and any other New Yorker who roots for teams from another state. And my comment about what people know had nothing to do with you...and I'll make whatever comment I want. I'm not getting excited about my team, you are the one blabbing every time the Sox win a game. You wanted to hear from a Yankee fan and you did.

#1280899 --- 06/17/11 04:30 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: toober]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: toober
You wanted to hear from a Yankee fan and you did.

...and boy, did you just prove that! In not a very complimentary way either.

#1280900 --- 06/17/11 04:32 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Spent 20 years in Alameda. Last 10 outside Sacramento. NorCal. Can see the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mts. from home. Still think of NY as home. \:D

Ah! For some reason I thought you were from Southern California. Not sure how I came to that. Only really saw your part of the state once when I had to fly out of Travis AFB to the Philippines. It did look pretty there.

I know exactly what you mean about thinking of NY as home. I've lived here 12 years, but still think of MA as my home. \:\)

#1280903 --- 06/17/11 04:41 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: toober]
RedGreen Offline

I was referring to you and Redgreen the Oriole fan and any other New Yorker who roots for teams from another state.

I am an Oriole fan for a very simple reason. I grew up in Rochester. Rochester was Baltimores AAA farm team for 42 years before Naomi Silver severed that. Ha I actually messaged her today on FB about something I found of possible interest to her being Queen of the Red Wings. Her father was a great man. I don't like the way she runs the team.

I used to go to games with my Mom & Dad all the time as a kid. Then w/ my buddies in HS beers were like 50 cents lol meet girls. Man the players I have seen through the years when they were still pretty much nobodys, then became superstars.

Still like catching a Wings game once in a while just as a baseball fan. We meet up at the gate once in a while after work and watch the game. $7.50 for pretty good baseball not bad. She roots for the Wings, I look for the popcorn guy to come around.....

#1280904 --- 06/17/11 05:10 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
timfromcal Offline

RG, You brought back fond memories of Silver Stadium as we won the Section V Class B Championship there in '75.

#1280905 --- 06/17/11 05:19 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
RedGreen Offline

You must have beat us then Greece Athena we played sectional ball at the old Silver Stadium 75 that was my senior year. Man that was still my dream being a ballplayer and playing in an AAA park made it cool. We had already played that year in pro parks like in Batavia their HS played in a single A ballfield but it was awesome with the fences and signs and stuff at 17 you were like Mickey Mantle. Fond memories. maybe we were different classes/ leagues?

#1280907 --- 06/17/11 05:41 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
timfromcal Offline

I was a Junior at South Seneca and we beat York that year in Class B. We have a few games at Shuron Park in Geneva Single A but that was nothing compared to being in the big city.

#1280909 --- 06/17/11 05:57 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
RedGreen Offline

I know. I stood in center field at Silver Stadium and just said to myself holy crap look how big this field is, to cover the gaps. What a difference from a HS field to a professional AAA field.

#1280915 --- 06/17/11 06:26 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
timfromcal Offline

I stood in the same spot.

#1281610 --- 06/22/11 10:47 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Well... the Sox are only .5 games in front now. Lackey managed to give up four runs in one inning today against the Padres. It looked like a pretty ugly inning...

#1281620 --- 06/22/11 11:09 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
RedGreen Offline

It really hurts me to say this but clearly right now the Red Sox are the best team in the American League. The Yankees can score runs with anybody and are never really out of a game but their suspect pitching makes me give the Sox the nod, right now. I'm sure both will try to make trades before the deadline.

Philly is everybodys darling but from here watch out for the Braves they look awful good to me in the NL.

#1281691 --- 06/23/11 06:29 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
toober Offline

Thank you! Thast's certainly the kiss of death for them. Too bad they can't continue to play the Padres. They liked their pitching staff too. And you can count on Cashman adding someone. With the injuries to Hughes, Colon, Chamberlain and Soriano, you can never have enough.

Edited by toober (06/23/11 06:31 AM)

#1281789 --- 06/23/11 06:52 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

The Yankees can score runs with anybody and are never really out of a game but their suspect pitching makes me give the Sox the nod, right now. I'm sure both will try to make trades before the deadline.

Except for what the Red Sox pitching looked like last night! Lackey had a horrible night. Sox pitching could be better if Daisuke (Dice K) wasn't hurt this season...

#1282127 --- 06/25/11 04:51 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

The Sox and the Yanks are now tied for first place! The Yankees are in it right now and are leading 1-0 and have C. C. Sabathia going for them. But, Tim Wakefield is pitching against Pittsburg tonight. It will be interesting to see how things look in the morning.

#1282130 --- 06/25/11 05:31 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
Daisy Z Duke Offline

Loc: Hazzard County
Haven't been on much...work and health issues. Have to say, on paper the BoSox look better than my Yanks. That being said, looking forward to the Old Timers returning tomorrow!
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/torre_bernie_returning_to_honor_elUcJeI4PqeirnZkSO71YP

#1282384 --- 06/26/11 11:05 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Daisy Z Duke]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Yanks take the lead now. .5 games in front.

#1282405 --- 06/26/11 11:21 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
RedGreen Offline

Nobody has ever won a pennant on June 27th. Long way to go.

#1299309 --- 09/21/11 10:25 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
Daisy Z Duke Offline

And the Yankees clinch the AL East! Thank you Robbie Cano!

#1299339 --- 09/22/11 06:24 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Daisy Z Duke]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Daisy Z Duke
And the Yankees clinch the AL East! Thank you Robbie Cano!

YAHOOOOO!!!

#1299356 --- 09/22/11 07:25 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
toober Offline

How bout on September 21st? Same old...same old...YANKEES win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win! Enjoy your struggle Sox. Can"t say the Yanks haven't helped you. Can't wait until Sox/Yanks series this weekend! I'll be there enjoying every minute of it!

#1299377 --- 09/22/11 08:54 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: toober]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

How bout on September 21st? Same old...same old...YANKEES win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win! Enjoy your struggle Sox. Can"t say the Yanks haven't helped you. Can't wait until Sox/Yanks series this weekend! I'll be there enjoying every minute of it!

Yeah... don't think I haven't been watching it. ;\) This is what happens when you lose your pitching. Now the Sox are in a struggle for the wild card. But, you never know... remember the last game of the ALCS playoffs in '04? Yanks are up 3 games to 0... and then. But... that was in '04. It's '11 that counts now.

#1300145 --- 09/27/11 04:11 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
Highlander Offline

It is very heartwarming listening to Boston fans 'cheering' for the Yankees, if only for a couple days !!

#1300155 --- 09/27/11 05:57 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Highlander]
RedGreen Offline

Right now I would have to give the edge to the Rays. Tell you why. First they are home. Have Hellickson starting tonight and their ace Price going tomorrow night. Sox are on the road and have Bedard going tonight, you really don't know what you're going to get from him right now then they have Lester starting tomorrow night on short rest. Two other factors are that the Orioles are loving playing the role as spoilers, and you can't be sure what lineup the Yankees are going to put on the field if they decide to rest some starters.

#1300183 --- 09/27/11 08:30 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
Daisy Z Duke Offline

Exactly, RG. Yanks are being accused of "throwing" this series to the Rays to keep out the BoSox. They are being smart and resting their players. Sorry your O's didn't have a better season RG. We enjoyed our time at Oriole Park/Camden Yards. O's fans are so devoted, and I applaud ya'll.

#1300199 --- 09/27/11 10:08 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Daisy Z Duke]
RedGreen Offline

O's just lost a heartbreaker 8-7. Got down 8-4 came back to 8-6 then the Sox brought in their closer Pabelbon. We got 1 run back to make it 8-7. Nick Markakis and Adam Jones each had 10 pitch at bats and we had the tying run on 2nd base. They made Pabelbon throw 30 pitches in the 9th inning. The Orioles might stink but you have to give them a ton of credit for not folding the last few weeks and playing tough like they had a chance for the playoffs.

Now the Rays and Sox are tied with one to go. This is great for baseball in general IMHO.

#1300208 --- 09/27/11 11:18 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
netgear Offline

Loc: USA
Ah! Boston Red Socks SUCK JMHHO

#1300209 --- 09/27/11 11:19 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
Daisy Z Duke Offline

Shoot was routing fof the O's. This is getting good heading into the post season.

#1300387 --- 09/28/11 05:54 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: netgear]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: netgear

What does the extra H stand for? And it's "Sox", not "Socks." ;\)

Hey... at least the Red Sox don't use prison uniforms like the Yankers. LOL!

#1300438 --- 09/28/11 08:32 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
netgear Offline

Well "J ust m y H onest H umble O pinion!

No they smell like socks that suck. Got It?

"I care deeply about certain things, I am not bashful about expressing my thoughts.
Some are intimidated, some are offended, but none are left in doubt"

The Years Others Knew As Youth, I Spent Learning The Meaning DEATH

#1300444 --- 09/28/11 08:54 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Loc: Mountain of Truth
What does the extra H stand for?

JMHHHO means Just My Honest Humble Hardcore Opinion.

JMHHHHO means Just My Honest Humble Hardcore Hoo-rah Opinion.

JMHHHHHO just means I stuttered.

#1300469 --- 09/28/11 11:52 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: netgear]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Why the spaces? ;\)

I'd rather have my Sox than your yankers.

BTW, they both blew leads tonight and lost. Now all I have to do is route for anyone who plays against your yankers. Easy choice...

#1300471 --- 09/29/11 12:30 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
RedGreen Offline

How about them O's? 29 games out and played this series with heart like they could make the playoffs. They could have folded up months ago.
Final game highlights let it run.
http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/mlb/gam...787617&c_id=bal

#1300484 --- 09/29/11 05:39 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
toober Offline

Always enjoyable reading past posts when you have just witnessed the greatest collapse in baseball history. Whether the Yanks win or lose in the playoffs, the season was a success because once again the hated blowsox are not there. They should have been dead a week ago but the Yankees gave them a chance by beating the Rays 3 out of 4. This week they let the Sox stand on their own while they got their playoff team rested and prepared. I guess the Sox just couldn't muster the ability to beat the last place O's. Oh well Sox fans...remember the old cry...WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!!!

#1300486 --- 09/29/11 05:46 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: toober]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
That's right....HOW BOUT THEM SOX.......LOL!!!!!!maybe next year Red Sux fans:)

#1300523 --- 09/29/11 09:22 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: SportsRef1]
Gregory A. Sarra Offline

Loc: New York
What was that loud noise last night around 11pm ????
Oh, yeah, it was the sound of choking coming from Boston !!!!!
GO YANKEES !!!!!!!!!!!

#1300530 --- 09/29/11 09:45 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Gregory A. Sarra]
toober Offline

I didn't hear that...over all the cryinging that was going on. If you get the chance today, check out Sportscenter. The simaltaneous coverage of the Yanks/Rays and Sox/O's games is priceless. To watch the hearts ripped out of those Blowsox players and fans... should be nominated for an emmy or in this case an espy. First and only time I'll ever root against the Yankees. I actually cheered when Longoria's liner crawled over that wall. It was almost as enjoyable as watching Papplebum get pummeled after being 1 strike away from the save. Guess there is no doubt now. God is not a Red Sox fan!!!!!! Yeehaw!

#1300545 --- 09/29/11 10:53 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: brainman]
timfromcal Offline

No comments.

#1300546 --- 09/29/11 10:56 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
timfromcal Offline

When do the Bruins play their first game? ;\)

#1300630 --- 09/29/11 05:32 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

How about them O's? 29 games out and played this series with heart like they could make the playoffs. They could have folded up months ago.
Final game highlights let it run.
http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/mlb/gam...787617&c_id=bal

Yes... they were great! I've got a buddy who lives down that way and he was disgusted with the way the team was handled last year. Once Showalter was signed, he said "Watch out for my O's." I think you said that too. You were right! They'll probably do even better next year.

#1300633 --- 09/29/11 05:42 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: toober]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

I didn't hear that...over all the cryinging that was going on. If you get the chance today, check out Sportscenter. The simaltaneous coverage of the Yanks/Rays and Sox/O's games is priceless. To watch the hearts ripped out of those Blowsox players and fans... should be nominated for an emmy or in this case an espy. First and only time I'll ever root against the Yankees. I actually cheered when Longoria's liner crawled over that wall. It was almost as enjoyable as watching Papplebum get pummeled after being 1 strike away from the save. Guess there is no doubt now. God is not a Red Sox fan!!!!!! Yeehaw!

That's Papelbomb, son. ;\) He totally fell apart last night, which has been a growing problem with him. Usually (until this year), when Papelbon went in towards the end of a game, you could pretty much chalk it up to a win right away. Like I said earlier, the Sox pitching fell apart at the end of August. If it wasn't for that, the Sox would probably have won the division... but that's neither here nor there. Saying that "the Sox would have won if..." is akin to saying "Well... if Stonewall Jackson was at Gettysburg, the battle would have ended differently." Like a friend of mine likes to say "If Jackson was at Gettysburg he would have stunk to high heaven, since he had been killed a month earlier at Chancellorsville." ;\)

Still... there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that I'm routing for the Evil Empire in the post season.

#1300643 --- 09/29/11 06:15 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
Highlander Offline

I truly hope Boston exec's don't over react and fire Tito. He IS the best thing that has ever happened to the Sox! The meltdown had nothing to do with him, it was all about the pitching (as Josephus has said)

#1300684 --- 09/29/11 11:03 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Highlander]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Highlander
I truly hope Boston exec's don't over react and fire Tito. He IS the best thing that has ever happened to the Sox! The meltdown had nothing to do with him, it was all about the pitching (as Josephus has said)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Henry has to be smarter than that.

#1300768 --- 09/30/11 01:17 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
timfromcal Offline

Fuggedaboutit. John Henry will give him the hammer.

#1300792 --- 09/30/11 05:15 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Daisy Z Duke]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Daisy Z Duke
Exactly, RG. Yanks are being accused of "throwing" this series to the Rays to keep out the BoSox. They are being smart and resting their players. Sorry your O's didn't have a better season RG. We enjoyed our time at Oriole Park/Camden Yards. O's fans are so devoted, and I applaud ya'll.

Here's proof that the Yankees were throwing the series to the Rays. ;\)

Rays Win!

#1300816 --- 09/30/11 06:40 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
Daisy Z Duke Offline

Oh brother. As a Yanks fan, I'm sorry to see Tito go. He was a class act. And Joe Torre rumored to take his place? Are you freaking kidding me? What'd he do w/the Dodgers? At his age, I'd enjoy that corner office and semi-retirement!

#1300828 --- 09/30/11 08:01 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Daisy Z Duke]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Have to agree, Daisy. After reading the statements from Tito, Henry, and Epstein, I got the feeling that Tito left before they dismissed him. What a loss. This was the guy who managed to do what no manager had been able to do since 1918... bring a World Series victory to Boston. Not once, but twice! I think they're scapegoating him. It was pitching gone south... nothing more. I wonder how the fans back home are going to take this? He's pretty popular there.

Wouldn't it be a bite if he landed in the Yankee organization? Shades of Rocket and Boggs...

#1300833 --- 09/30/11 08:19 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
Highlander Offline

Chicago has an opening ! ;\)

I hear some Boston fans campaigning for Bobby Valentine, a complete(ly) different personality!

#1300836 --- 09/30/11 08:26 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Highlander]
Daisy Z Duke Offline

Remember when Bobby did the glasses/mustache thing, when he was w/the Mets? OMG...that was hysterical!

#1300955 --- 10/01/11 05:32 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Daisy Z Duke]
netgear Offline

Yeah! What about them Sox? They got beat up this year!

#1301040 --- 10/02/11 12:11 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: netgear]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Yeah! What about them Sox? They got beat up this year!

Well... aren't you on top of things! ;\)

Actually, correction. They got beat up in September when their pitching fell apart. Up until September, they held their own against your Yanksters. Here's hoping the Yankers get "Rayed" in the playoffs.

#1301177 --- 10/03/11 11:23 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
timfromcal Offline

It's too bad the season is 162 games. Maybe we could shorten it just for those who aren't participating in the playoffs.

#1301285 --- 10/04/11 11:20 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

It's too bad the season is 162 games. Maybe we could shorten it just for those who aren't participating in the playoffs.

Or, extend it until Sox pitching returns and the Yankers pitching takes a dive. \:\/

Again... Stonewall Jackson died at Chancellorsville and wasn't around for Gettysburg.

#1301728 --- 10/06/11 09:54 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
netgear Offline

well,well what about them stinkin soxs? I`m still watching the Yankees playing baseball.

#1301744 --- 10/06/11 11:06 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: netgear]
RedGreen Offline

well,well what about them stinkin soxs? I`m still watching the Yankees playing baseball.

Ahhhhhhahahahahahahahah not anymore. The Yankees lose
theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees lose. I freakin love it. 250 million dollar payroll and they are now going golfing like my Orioles hahahahahahahahaha.

How about the $25 million dollar a year choker of the century A-Rod striking out bottom of the 7th with the bases loaded. He batted .118 in the playoffs has to be the biggest playoff flop EVER.

But wait, there's always next year and another 500 million to throw at old overpriced free agents this winter.

#1301747 --- 10/06/11 11:33 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
Ayuveda Offline

Loc: Imagine

Ahhhhhhahahahahahahahah not anymore. The Yankees lose
theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees lose. I freakin love it. 250 million dollar payroll and they are now going golfing like my Orioles hahahahahahahahaha.

How about the $25 million dollar a year choker of the century A-Rod striking out bottom of the 7th with the bases loaded. He batted .118 in the playoffs has to be the biggest playoff flop EVER.

But wait, there's always next year and another 500 million to throw at old overpriced free agents this winter.

Best team money can buy. Crashed and burned like Enron.

Dang! Be careful with that well deserved EUPHORIA, you'll shoot your eye out kid!

#1301749 --- 10/07/11 02:43 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Ayuveda]
wedggie Offline

BYE-BYE to Joey G. and the Pretenders!!!! FRAUDS!

#1301807 --- 10/07/11 02:00 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Ayuveda]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Ayuveda

Best team money can buy. Crashed and burned like Enron.

Most expensive anyway. Money can't buy you love, and apparently can't buy you a pennant either.

#1301826 --- 10/07/11 04:03 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
wedggie Offline

Randy Levine, quote "...season a failure..." DUH!!! What would you call carrying A-Fraud's contract for the next 6 years!!!! I'll call it "SWEEEEET"

#1301942 --- 10/08/11 07:16 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: wedggie]
Daisy Z Duke Offline

Yanks pitching was beyond awful...when you bring in CC in early innings as a reliever, you know you're in trouble. Still, at least we got in, BoSox fans! Where were ya'll? Oh, home, that's right.

#1301977 --- 10/09/11 07:11 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Daisy Z Duke]
wedggie Offline

"...at least we got in..." Funny!! Was that your take in Oct of '04 after the choke! Yankee fans?!?!?? You take defeat w/ so much class!!! NOT!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >