FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1279407 --- 06/10/11 01:19 AM How 'bout them Sox!
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Swept the Yankees on their own ball field tonight, and are now leading the division by two! A late game tonight (2.5 hour rain delay), but my boys came alive in the 7th inning to take the game.

FingerLakes1.com
#1279412 --- 06/10/11 05:18 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
brainman Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Josephus
Swept the Yankees on their own ball field tonight, and are now leading the division by two! A late game tonight (2.5 hour rain delay), but my boys came alive in the 7th inning to take the game.

That's twice the Yanks have been swept at home by the Sox this year. You notice no comments from those Yankee lovers.

#1279648 --- 06/11/11 10:21 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: brainman]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: brainman
Originally Posted By: Josephus

That's twice the Yanks have been swept at home by the Sox this year. You notice no comments from those Yankee lovers.

Not likely to hear from that crowd.

#1279764 --- 06/11/11 08:39 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

The Sox kiiled the Blue Jays today, 14-6. Unfortunately, the striped ones also won, so the Sox remain in front by two games.

#1279782 --- 06/11/11 09:53 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
RedGreen Offline

Loc: Charlotte
Don't count out Buck and the O's red hot right now and beating AL East teams.

#1279817 --- 06/12/11 08:22 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
s2hphoto.com Offline

I guess all those steroids and 100 million dollar contracts aren't helping the Yankees this year LOL

#1279945 --- 06/12/11 05:39 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Sox killed the Blue Jays again... this time 14-1.

#1279947 --- 06/12/11 05:45 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: RedGreen]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: RedGreen
Don't count out Buck and the O's red hot right now and beating AL East teams.

Ummm... check the standings again. The O's are in last place in the AL East and are 8 games back. But... I'll bet they are on a hot streak, as you say. They are to be watched... especially with Buck Showalter at the helm. I've got a buddy down there who is counting on him. ;\)

#1280135 --- 06/13/11 11:00 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
timfromcal Offline

Loc: Ca
Only hear from you Beaners when you're in first.(frontrunners) Didn't hear from you at the beginning of the season. By the way, say Bozoton wins the WS next five years, you beaners will still have to win almost twenty more title to catch NY even if NY doesn't win anymore titles. (Not in your lifetime)

#1280588 --- 06/15/11 06:07 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: timfromcal
Only hear from you Beaners when you're in first.(frontrunners) Didn't hear from you at the beginning of the season. By the way, say Bozoton wins the WS next five years, you beaners will still have to win almost twenty more title to catch NY even if NY doesn't win anymore titles. (Not in your lifetime)

That's funny... I swear that I only hear from the Yankers when THEY are leading the division. Not hearing too much from you these days. BTW, who cares about how many World Series each team has won? The Yankers won their first World Series in 1923. By that time, the Red Sox had won fully a quarter of the 20 World Series that had been played up to that point. In reality, its pretty much irrelevent to the teams playing today. Try focusing on this year.

#1280694 --- 06/16/11 10:50 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
timfromcal Offline

Who started this post? You beaners must be in first place. In the meantime focus on the number 27. Good luck with that.

#1280753 --- 06/16/11 08:20 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Who started this post? You beaners must be in first place. In the meantime focus on the number 27. Good luck with that.

Yeah...it's such a sin to cheer for your team, especially when they are doing well. \:\/

I have no idea who number 27 is... and I couldn't care less.

BTW, why in the world is someone from CA on a forum in upstate NY?

#1280819 --- 06/17/11 09:05 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
toober Offline

Loc: rochester,ny
Why do people who live in New York root for Boston and Baltimore or whoever else from out of state? And why do people who don't know a damn thing about sports throw in their two cents around here? Let's wait to see how the season plays out. Yanks down 3 key pitchers and still hanging in there with a lot of "low payroll" guys. Boston hasn't won a damn thing yet just as they hadn't lost anyhing yet went they went 0-fer the first week or so of the season. It is 162 games and then some the last time I checked.

#1280830 --- 06/17/11 09:46 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: toober]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

First of all... the question wasn't why someone from CA was rooting for the New York Yankees. I live HERE and root for the Red Sox... ever wonder why? The remark was a question as to why someone in CA was posting on an upstate forum. You read more into the question than was necessary.

And yes... you are correct that no one has won anything yet. But it doesn't mean you can't get excited about your team. And you should keep your coments about what people know and don't know to yourself...

#1280833 --- 06/17/11 10:05 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
timfromcal Offline

In answer to your question, I live in CA but was born and raised in Interlaken. I enjoy the NY-Boston rivalry. It's all in good fun. After all it is just a game. The sawks are white hot right now. I hope the Yanks can keep up. 27 and holding is the number of titles won. Good luck to your team just not too much good luck.

#1280840 --- 06/17/11 10:33 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

In answer to your question, I live in CA but was born and raised in Interlaken. I enjoy the NY-Boston rivalry. It's all in good fun. After all it is just a game. The sawks are white hot right now. I hope the Yanks can keep up. 27 and holding is the number of titles won. Good luck to your team just not too much good luck.

I'm sure the Yankees will keep up, and will probably bounce back and forth with the Sox in the top two slots in the American East. I enjoy the rivaly too. \:\)

Where in the Southland are you? I spent a couple of years there, thanks to the USN. Pretty country there once you get out of the city and see it.

#1280846 --- 06/17/11 10:46 AM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
timfromcal Offline

Spent 20 years in Alameda. Last 10 outside Sacramento. NorCal. Can see the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mts. from home. Still think of NY as home. \:D

#1280886 --- 06/17/11 02:30 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: Josephus]
toober Offline

Loc: rochester,ny
First of all Joey I wasn't referring to the guy from California as he said he was a Yankee fan. I was referring to you and Redgreen the Oriole fan and any other New Yorker who roots for teams from another state. And my comment about what people know had nothing to do with you...and I'll make whatever comment I want. I'm not getting excited about my team, you are the one blabbing every time the Sox win a game. You wanted to hear from a Yankee fan and you did.

#1280899 --- 06/17/11 04:30 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: toober]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: toober
You wanted to hear from a Yankee fan and you did.

...and boy, did you just prove that! In not a very complimentary way either.

#1280900 --- 06/17/11 04:32 PM Re: How 'bout them Sox! [Re: timfromcal]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Spent 20 years in Alameda. Last 10 outside Sacramento. NorCal. Can see the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mts. from home. Still think of NY as home. \:D

Ah! For some reason I thought you were from Southern California. Not sure how I came to that. Only really saw your part of the state once when I had to fly out of Travis AFB to the Philippines. It did look pretty there.

I know exactly what you mean about thinking of NY as home. I've lived here 12 years, but still think of MA as my home. \:\)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >