FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1245392 --- 01/09/11 09:16 PM >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy
Joe the Troller Offline

Loc: FL1 Clown Training Camp
Seneca County has to have a record.

I think it is now 6 years running that the first kid born of the year's mommy and daddy have not married.

Planned Parenthood at its finest moment each year!

FingerLakes1.com
#1245398 --- 01/09/11 09:23 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Joe the Troller]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
They should put signs on the county lines saying, "Seneca County...We Shack Up!"

But, PP isn't to blame; the welfare state is. Or maybe Unplanned Parenthood.

#1245445 --- 01/10/11 06:11 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: VM Smith]
wiseguy1 Offline

Loc: ny
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
They should put signs on the county lines saying, "Seneca County...We Shack Up!"

But, PP isn't to blame; the welfare state is. Or maybe Unplanned Parenthood.

The whole world has changed. Only 50% of the people get married anymore and 50% of them get divorced.

#1245554 --- 01/10/11 01:31 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: wiseguy1]
harleygirl44 Offline

Loc: South Seneca County
I admit it, I am usually a lurker. While I often disagree with the comments and the qucik-to-judge statements made on these forums, I am not usually bothered enough by them to reply. This one; however takes the cake.

By stating that Planned Parenthood has failed because parents of the most recent New Year's babies arent married it quite presumptive. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the parents of these children wanted a baby. Not everyone has a desire to be married, but that doesnt necessarily mean that they dont desire to have children.

So without preaching about right and wrong or fit or not, let's accept that we dont all have the same values and congratulate these couples on the births of their new babies!

#1245555 --- 01/10/11 01:38 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: harleygirl44]
oops12 Offline

Loc: Absent
I have two pill babies and I'm an unwed mother.. with different fathers even! Shame on me \:\)

#1245564 --- 01/10/11 02:09 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: oops12]
poohbear66 Offline

Loc: ny, usa
This is the stupidest thread yet. A baby was born and all you do is complain that hte parents arent married. So what? Get out of the old ages, many people live together and have families without getting married. Oh no they are also mixing races too, should we tar and feather them all. IDIOTS!

#1245568 --- 01/10/11 02:21 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: poohbear66]
black88 Offline

Loc: seneca county
The problem as I see it in Seneca, and other poor rural counties, is that more young UNSTABLE couples are having children. Yeah great congratulations! Unfortunately those children end up being raised by grandma/grandpa or end up being treated very poorly and are never given much of a chance to succeed in life. And even though some stable couples choose to not get married and raise perfectly happy, well taken care of kids....I don't see it very often and its the CHILDREN who always suffer.
Thats why seeing a trend of more unmarried couples is a worrisome transition from the traditional family. So the PC thing is to say congrats!! I however am tired of being PC, if you want to be parents and raise a child, then make a commitment to each other and your future family by getting married and raising your children in a stable environment. It will benefit everyone, especially the child raised by MOM and DAD.

#1245634 --- 01/10/11 05:18 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: black88]
Joe the Troller Offline

black88 you are soooo right on with what your wrote.

I sort of have a twinkle in my eye for you.

#1245638 --- 01/10/11 05:31 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Joe the Troller]
Joe the Troller Offline

As Church attendance dwindles and dioceses are forced to consolidate, gays and lesbians seeking marriage rights, unwed couples having babies, mutations of races develop we are all headed for apocolypse - total moral destruction of a once well conducted society.....

look to Peterman Apartments for your labatory proof of the future...

#1245654 --- 01/10/11 06:23 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Joe the Troller]
nizhoni Offline

Loc: U.S.

I agree as well. And...even though I have six beautiful children and we're divorced after 15 years of marriage. I was hesitant to post on here. But, the important thing is my ex and I remain friends for the sake of our children, talk regularly and openly. No child support involved, no custody battles, the lawyer said to us when we divorced that he wished all of his cases could be as easy and clean-cut as ours was. It doesn't have to involve fighting and battling, especially when children are involved. I know I threw this off topic a bit, but again I agree, too many young people fearing commitment, rushing into trying to be a grown-up, they're missing the real point, the smart thing to do.

Originally Posted By: Joe the Troller
As Church attendance dwindles and dioceses are forced to consolidate, gays and lesbians seeking marriage rights, unwed couples having babies, mutations of races develop we are all headed for apocolypse - total moral destruction of a once well conducted society.....

look to Peterman Apartments for your labatory proof of the future...

#1245679 --- 01/10/11 07:16 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: nizhoni]
RedGreen Offline

Loc: Charlotte
Divorce has been made too easy by States and Courts. It used to be you tried to work things out, now people want to bail at the first problem. I believe that New York just became the last State to accept "no fault" divorces. A sign of the times.

It's just me but I believe if you're having children together get married. I love commitment. Someone to come home to you know will always be there is a beautiful thing.

#1245739 --- 01/10/11 09:40 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: RedGreen]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: RedGreen
Divorce has been made too easy by States and Courts. It used to be you tried to work things out, now people want to bail at the first problem. I believe that New York just became the last State to accept "no fault" divorces. A sign of the times.

It's just me but I believe if you're having children together get married. I love commitment. Someone to come home to you know will always be there is a beautiful thing.

I hate to tell you but just because you have commitment and or marriage, ALWAYS be there is not a given.

#1245741 --- 01/10/11 09:51 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Carerinoa]
Joe the Troller Offline

It sure shows a more mature approach to bringing new life into the world and demostrates more total engagement than a fake relationship that pretends to pose as a "family"

#1245742 --- 01/10/11 10:20 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: RedGreen]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
It's just me but I believe if you're having children together get married.

Oh, c'mon...I just finished the 1st three county line signs...

Quote:
Someone to come home to you know will always be there is a beautiful thing.

I have three to come home to. 12 legs...they've got 12 legs...something's wrong here...

#1245745 --- 01/10/11 10:39 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: VM Smith]
RedGreen Offline

Loc: Charlotte
LOL. I think you're doing just fine, with fur friends and Kittys and all. ;\)

#1245768 --- 01/11/11 05:15 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: RedGreen]
s2hphoto.com Offline

Loc: NYS
If people want to act *grown* or have children out of wed-lock is fine by me as long as they can AFFORD their decision and don't ask the taxpayers to pay utilities, food, clothing, health care, housing, daycare, etc. etc. for their "decision"

#1245799 --- 01/11/11 06:23 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: s2hphoto.com]
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
Really??/ this is a petty pathetic thread. 1960 it was a SHOCK to have a baby out of wedlock...it's 2011. Grow with the times.

#1245811 --- 01/11/11 08:33 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Where's the love]
Joe the Troller Offline

Grow with the times?

What's next - deleting "In God We Trust" from the American Currency?

Total Society Breakdown - Note to self - get pistol permit today!

#1245812 --- 01/11/11 08:36 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Where's the love]
nizhoni Offline

Loc: U.S.
Grow with the times, really? Let's see, if mom could ensure that she could work and afford the child without having to live off the system, then maybe some people's reactions might be different. I can't tell you how many single mom's out there having children and just living off the system because they claim they can't work, its too expensive. Sorry, but its called responsibility and I also think every child DESERVES a father figure. Call me old fashioned, in fact I was born in the 60's, must be the harping my parents did to me as a teenager growing up, I learned what TRUE MORALS AND VALUES are. Even though at times I still mess up, I always put my children first and take responsibility doing whats best for them.

Originally Posted By: Where's the love
Really??/ this is a petty pathetic thread. 1960 it was a SHOCK to have a baby out of wedlock...it's 2011. Grow with the times.

#1245822 --- 01/11/11 08:48 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: nizhoni]
Joe the Troller Offline

Unwed Mothers and Fathers are creating a larger population of confused Gay and Lesbian oriented adolecents

#1245827 --- 01/11/11 08:58 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Joe the Troller]
oops12 Offline

LOL! Say it ain't so...

#1245859 --- 01/11/11 11:12 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Where's the love]
s2hphoto.com Offline

So just because it is 2011 it is the taxpayers responsibility to feed, house, clothe, and babysit peoples children just because they want a child??

Like I said I have ZERO problem with people having kids whether it be married, unmarried, public union, gay marriage...WHATEVER as long as they can AFFORD their decision and NOT mooch off of DSS and the taxpayers! Having a child is a CHOICE and a preventable one as well.... if you CHOOSE to have a child be sure you can afford it FIRST

#1246234 --- 01/12/11 04:22 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: s2hphoto.com]
__Kanamit__ Offline

Loc: Earth
females should learn to control their desires for children and allowing impregnation to occur.

#1246310 --- 01/12/11 07:50 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: __Kanamit__]
nease174 Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: __Kanamit__
females should learn to control their desires for children and allowing impregnation to occur.

wow....

#1246948 --- 01/15/11 02:41 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: nease174]
Where's the love Offline

where in the world did it ever say that unwed = poverty? I'm a single mom - and never ever have I had to use the SYSTEM to help support my children. Then again, I probably don't live in the same class as some of you seem to be coming from; I work hard for what I have and proud of all my accomplishments and have raised 2 beautiful children.

#1246974 --- 01/15/11 03:56 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Where's the love]
Joe the Troller Offline

Of course with the help of a good divorce lawyer and a previously enjoyed husband with a fabulous paying job....

17% goes a long way

#1247082 --- 01/16/11 05:08 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Where's the love]
s2hphoto.com Offline

where in the world did it ever say that unwed = poverty? I'm a single mom - and never ever have I had to use the SYSTEM to help support my children. Then again, I probably don't live in the same class as some of you seem to be coming from; I work hard for what I have and proud of all my accomplishments and have raised 2 beautiful children.

You still miss my point.... I was responding to the others who were opposed to children out of wedlock. I have NO problem with them being married out not. I never said unwed = Poor! I was stating if you CHOOSE to have a child whether married or not be PREPARED to PAY for that child. My beef is with the people who are married or not that CHOOSE to have children, yet expect the taxpayers to pay for their CHOICE!

Congrats on being a single mother and raising 2 kids Kudos! As I know some times it is BEST when the father or mother aren't present. As stated my problem is NOT with you or people in your situation.

#1247094 --- 01/16/11 07:13 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: s2hphoto.com]
Where's the love Offline

this is AMERICA - we pay. We pay for the children that are mentally never going to learn or become anyone in society - but our tax dollars pay for them to go to school - on a special bus with extra special teachers? Is this wrong? We pay for special buses to take people to/from work in a bad economic times because they don't have a car? is this wrong? We pay for kids to have health insurance so that we don't have to face the agonizing pain of watching them slowly die of illnesses that are preventable. I think you get my point - we pay. We should feel blessed that we are able to pay and not on the other side of this. I am.
And truthfully, I pay extra during the holidays to make sure those welfare babies get a little extra for christmas - because I roll like that!

#1247103 --- 01/16/11 08:04 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Joe the Troller]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Originally Posted By: Joe the Troller
Seneca County has to have a record.

I think it is now 6 years running that the first kid born of the year's mommy and daddy have not married.

Before you post incorrect information, the first local baby of 2009 was born to a couple from Seneca County whom are married for 6+ years in their 30's.

#1247128 --- 01/16/11 09:43 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: DR. D]
Joe the Troller Offline

Maybe "local" Waterloo but not as reported for Geneva General for the surrounding counties. Better check URRE stats..

#1247151 --- 01/16/11 10:34 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Joe the Troller]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
2009 My nephew was #1 birth at GGH I am extremely confident about this, it was front page FL Times.

#1247348 --- 01/17/11 04:50 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Where's the love]
s2hphoto.com Offline

this is AMERICA - we pay. We pay for the children that are mentally never going to learn or become anyone in society - but our tax dollars pay for them to go to school - on a special bus with extra special teachers? Is this wrong? We pay for special buses to take people to/from work in a bad economic times because they don't have a car? is this wrong? We pay for kids to have health insurance so that we don't have to face the agonizing pain of watching them slowly die of illnesses that are preventable. I think you get my point - we pay. We should feel blessed that we are able to pay and not on the other side of this. I am.
And truthfully, I pay extra during the holidays to make sure those welfare babies get a little extra for christmas - because I roll like that!

You miss my point AGAIN... I am all for *paying* for special need services etc etc etc. If you can't afford to feed, clothe or house YOURSELF why even bother bringing another mouth to feed clothe and house into this world! What I hate paying for is the people who keep spitting out kids when they can't even afford the 1st one let alone the 3rd, 4th, 5th etc etc etc. They have medicaid.... BIRTH CONTROL is FREE! Instead they keep having more kids to increase their monthly benefit and to ensure welfare won't force them to get a job.

#1247371 --- 01/17/11 06:26 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: s2hphoto.com]
Where's the love Offline

i'm not debating you. I just don't see the point getting all excited over a thread on the marital status of people who had a beautiful baby on NY day. If the couple was married and had octuplets because they used invitro - someone would get all excited because they would end up relying on "the system" to raise all these babies. I just don't think it's really a big deal to post about that's all.

#1247464 --- 01/17/11 01:23 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Where's the love]
s2hphoto.com Offline

Quote:
If the couple was married and had octuplets because they used invitro - someone would get all excited because they would end up relying on "the system" to raise all these babies.

John and Kate didn't rely on the system...they just exploited their kids to pay the bills \:\/

Now Octo-Mom.... YES she relied on *the system* and CONTINUES to do so!!! What baffles me even more is HOW can she be on "permanent disability" for a back injury yet carry a child for 9 months then turn around and get in-vitro for another 8 more!!!! Obviously her back ISN'T "permanently disabled"!!! \:\/

#1247466 --- 01/17/11 01:26 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: Where's the love]
Joe the Troller Offline

At least one new posters deceided to post and two others came out of the woodwork to comment.

This is a big deal as it foreshadows the total breakdown of civility.

It just is evidence how woman are at such a point of desperation that they not only allow egg penetration but also are tolerant of non-comittal parenting.

#1247474 --- 01/17/11 01:56 PM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: s2hphoto.com]
oops12 Offline

Quote:
Obviously her back ISN'T "permanently disabled"!!! \:\/

ahahahahaha!!!

#1247664 --- 01/18/11 04:45 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: oops12]
s2hphoto.com Offline

Seriously though..... I have degenerative disc disease and so far have had 2 back surgeries. Yet I am NOT "permanently disable" and go to work daily.

When my back is *out* I am in constant pain and can barely walk across the room let alone carry 8 kids for 9 months! So how exactly is she *permanently disabled*???

#1248032 --- 01/19/11 05:35 AM Re: >> 1ST Baby of the YEAR -Unwed Mommy & Daddy [Re: s2hphoto.com]
Where's the love Offline

re: Octomom....permanently disabled - i'm thinking this is more of a mental disability - who in their right mind would want 14 kids!! (8 all at the same time!!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >