FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1242208 --- 12/27/10 07:20 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: VM Smith]
mommyk12 Offline

Loc: py
I had asked someone in the legal loop why the bail was so low, I was told that it was not heroin, that it was marijuana. I referred to it as weed, cause i was too lazy to look up how to spell "Marijuana" That's all

FingerLakes1.com
#1242324 --- 12/27/10 05:53 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: mommyk12]
S.P. King 2nd Offline

Loc: PARTYING!
Originally Posted By: mommyk12
I had asked someone in the legal loop why the bail was so low, I was told that it was not heroin, that it was marijuana. I referred to it as weed, cause i was too lazy to look up how to spell "Marijuana" That's all

Well that person either lied to you or was not really in the "loop" now were they?

Anyhoo, you are just one of those people who contribute to horrendous rumor mill in this area. A classic example of "I know someone who knows someone who knows NOTHING"...lol Classic Yates County!

#1242329 --- 12/27/10 06:06 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: S.P. King 2nd]
S.P. King 2nd Offline

Loc: PARTYING!
Even if it was Marijuana, (according to research) a dime bag weighs about a gram so that would be 76 grams = 2.68 ounces. Since it was in individual packets it would fall under intent to sell and after doing some googling that would be a Class E Felony punishable by 1-4 years in prison and a $5,000 fine...

Is that about right Mean Gene?

#1242364 --- 12/27/10 07:46 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: PYmastersteve]
jusumguy75 Offline

Loc: penn yan ny
Originally Posted By: PYmastersteve
Yea i was too lazy to go back and find who said it was weed. It doesnt matter, 76 bags of weed will get you time too lol. But, heroin is far worse then having weed. bye bye mr vanhorn see ya in 10-15 years.

The kid will get out of the system in under a year with the way the courts and DOC is set up. I know someone who got a class b drug felony a year after he got two of the same. He was on felony probation for the first charges. He was sentenced to 4 years in the state corrections system. He was out in 11 months. And now doing very well drug and drama free.

#1242375 --- 12/27/10 08:58 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: S.P. King 2nd]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Originally Posted By: S.P. King 2nd
Even if it was Marijuana, (according to research) a dime bag weighs about a gram so that would be 76 grams = 2.68 ounces. Since it was in individual packets it would fall under intent to sell and after doing some googling that would be a Class E Felony punishable by 1-4 years in prison and a $5,000 fine...

Is that about right Mean Gene?

If my memory serves me correctly the Marihuana statutes do not have a "possession with intent to sell" section. It is all based on weight and or actual sale. A sale of just over an ounce (26 grams?) is an E Felony. Marihuana is so expensive too buy that you don't get the police trying to make marihuana buys unless there is something large involved. You can spend around $250 to get an E felony sale. If they screw you on the weight you spent $250 for a misdemanor sale. You can spend $20 and get a "B" felony coke buy.

#1242765 --- 12/29/10 03:54 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: Mean Gene]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
1 Ounce = 28.3495231 Grams

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3