FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1241692 --- 12/23/10 08:04 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: Daisy Duke]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
I would probably know if I was still on the job \:\) The news release says "traffic stop". You will never know if it was just a traffic violation stop or a stop based on information provided by an informant.

FingerLakes1.com
#1241708 --- 12/23/10 10:11 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: Mean Gene]
S.P. King 2nd Offline

Loc: PARTYING!
Mean Gene at what level, or amount of drugs would this be turned over to the DEA?

You know I'm hooked on that reality show on Spike TV!

Have you seen it?

It is great, they take a guy like this, they read him, then from there they flip him usually based on the fact that they are facing serious prison time, they can make it all or most or all of it go away if they give up the person above them (because they really don't care about a street level dealer or some one running drugs because they can easily be replaced) it does nothing so they work their way up and usually shut down heroin and other drug rings within 24-48 hours. It's really interesting and exciting if anyone hasn't seen it.

#1241730 --- 12/24/10 06:28 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: S.P. King 2nd]
luvpy Offline

Loc: penn yan
It seems obvious with that many bags that there was intent to sell. I was suprised that bail was set so low.

#1241734 --- 12/24/10 07:13 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: luvpy]
dummy2 Offline

Loc: Penn Yan
The dummy has an idea. You know those big plastic tags stapled in cow's ears? Maybe we could do that with the drug salesman we catch. A big old red tag hanging from their ear would tip off the general public and make it pretty hard to sit down on the outlet trail or behind the stores on main street. We could even put a transmitter chip in it. Better yet let probation give them an electronic shout out. Sure it's Christmas time, but I got no mercy on dope heads.

#1241750 --- 12/24/10 08:27 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
S.P. King 2nd Offline

Originally Posted By: dummy2
The dummy has an idea. You know those big plastic tags stapled in cow's ears? Maybe we could do that with the drug salesman we catch. A big old red tag hanging from their ear would tip off the general public and make it pretty hard to sit down on the outlet trail or behind the stores on main street.

Or make it easier to buy drugs..

#1241751 --- 12/24/10 08:31 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
S.P. King 2nd Offline

Sure it's Christmas time, but I got no mercy on dope heads.

How do you know just because he was caught with drugs that looks like he was planning to sell or was running somewhere else for someone else that he is a dope head?

#1241752 --- 12/24/10 08:32 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: S.P. King 2nd]
wiseguy1 Offline

Loc: ny
Originally Posted By: S.P. King 2nd
The dummy has an idea. You know those big plastic tags stapled in cow's ears? Maybe we could do that with the drug salesman we catch. A big old red tag hanging from their ear would tip off the general public and make it pretty hard to sit down on the outlet trail or behind the stores on main street.

Or make it easier to buy drugs..

Yeah That's a real brillant idea.

#1241763 --- 12/24/10 09:31 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: S.P. King 2nd]
Mean Gene Offline

Mean Gene at what level, or amount of drugs would this be turned over to the DEA?

You know I'm hooked on that reality show on Spike TV!

Have you seen it?

It is great, they take a guy like this, they read him, then from there they flip him usually based on the fact that they are facing serious prison time, they can make it all or most or all of it go away if they give up the person above them (because they really don't care about a street level dealer or some one running drugs because they can easily be replaced) it does nothing so they work their way up and usually shut down heroin and other drug rings within 24-48 hours. It's really interesting and exciting if anyone hasn't seen it.

I have seen the show a couple of times. Thats the way the DEA and police agencies are suppose to operate. The goal is to "go up the ladder" to get the big time dealers. What they did works easier in a metropolitan area. I would always try and get to a higher level dealer if possible. it was often difficult because the locals quite often make runs to Rochester and Elmira to buy their supplies. They would come back to PY and step on it and resell, often to support their habit.
The only way to win the war on drugs is to change peoples attitude towards wanting to use drugs. The demand is there so the suppliers will continue to come. Merry Xmas!!

Edited by Mean Gene (12/24/10 09:32 AM)

#1241771 --- 12/24/10 10:54 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: S.P. King 2nd]
dummy2 Offline

Sure it's Christmas time, but I got no mercy on dope heads.

How do you know just because he was caught with drugs that looks like he was planning to sell or was running somewhere else for someone else that he is a dope head?

King, you amaze me. Either way he is a "dope." You argue just for the sake of argument. You think that that he was some kid on his way back from bible school and someone put 76 bags of heroine in his Spiderman lunch pail?

#1241772 --- 12/24/10 10:57 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: wiseguy1]
dummy2 Offline

#1241852 --- 12/24/10 10:02 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
PYmastersteve Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You would probably be surprised how many sellers dont even touch the stuff, they just sell it. And i want to know where you heard it was "weed" when the police report clearly states "HEROIN" and i would assume since the arrest was by the NYSP, they would lead the investigation. and since it was in a different county other then yates, i doubt they will be doing any kind of investigation, unless they raid his home in dresden, which, with 76 bags being found, i wouldnt doubt one bit if they did.

#1241878 --- 12/25/10 07:05 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: PYmastersteve]
dummy2 Offline

Originally Posted By: PYmastersteve
You would probably be surprised how many sellers dont even touch the stuff, they just sell it. And i want to know where you heard it was "weed" when the police report clearly states "HEROIN" and i would assume since the arrest was by the NYSP, they would lead the investigation. and since it was in a different county other then yates, i doubt they will be doing any kind of investigation, unless they raid his home in dresden, which, with 76 bags being found, i wouldnt doubt one bit if they did.

MommaK12 called it weed. Don't know why.

Edited by FL1 Mod 3 (12/29/10 06:07 PM)

#1241879 --- 12/25/10 07:32 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
PYmastersteve Offline

Yea i was too lazy to go back and find who said it was weed. It doesnt matter, 76 bags of weed will get you time too lol. But, heroin is far worse then having weed. bye bye mr vanhorn see ya in 10-15 years.

#1241880 --- 12/25/10 07:33 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: PYmastersteve]
PYmastersteve Offline

Also on a side note, he also had peraphanalia (not sure of spelling) in his possession too, so theres another charge on top of possesion with intent.

#1241903 --- 12/25/10 08:19 AM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: PYmastersteve]
wiseguy1 Offline

Loc: ny
Originally Posted By: PYmastersteve
Also on a side note, he also had peraphanalia (not sure of spelling) in his possession too, so theres another charge on top of possesion with intent.

Lazy and uneducated that sums you up perfectly. LMAO!

#1241944 --- 12/25/10 03:42 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: Mean Gene]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
12 packets in a "bindle" about $120 a bindle.

That still doesn't answer the question of "How much?". I doubt if the law applying to smack uses terms like packet and bindles; it probably uses units like grams, ounces, and pounds.

#1241951 --- 12/25/10 06:50 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: VM Smith]
dummy2 Offline

Originally Posted By: VM Smith
Quote:
12 packets in a "bindle" about $120 a bindle.

That still doesn't answer the question of "How much?". I doubt if the law applying to smack uses terms like packet and bindles; it probably uses units like grams, ounces, and pounds.

VM why don't you call up the State Police and ask them. Do your own homework.

#1241953 --- 12/25/10 06:56 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

I don't have a need to; I don't care if he had a truckload of smack, or even if he were to shoot it all at once. My only point was that before anyone starts hyperventilating about what a huge amount of drugs were involved, it would be intelligent to 1st find out what the amount actually was.

#1241955 --- 12/25/10 07:06 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: VM Smith]
Mean Gene Offline

Originally Posted By: VM Smith
I don't have a need to; I don't care if he had a truckload of smack, or even if he were to shoot it all at once. My only point was that before anyone starts hyperventilating about what a huge amount of drugs were involved, it would be intelligent to 1st find out what the amount actually was.

If he had that number the "possessed with intent to sell" would apply. Probably a class "B" felony, the same level as actually selling it. There is a "weight" factor that you could charge someone with but it usually doesn't come into play unless there is a significant weight involved. They will send it to the lab, get the weight and charge accordingly. That number of packets is significant for Yates or Ontario County.

#1241956 --- 12/25/10 07:19 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: Mean Gene]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Ahhh...the voice of knowledge, reason, and experience...how sweet it is...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >