Loc: PARTYING!

Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin

http://www.chronicle-express.com/news/po...-bags-of-herion

By Mike Maslanik
GateHouse News Service
Posted Dec 22, 2010 @ 09:41 AM
Last update Dec 22, 2010 @ 03:11 PM

Victor, N.Y.

State troopers charged a Yates County man with drug possession Tuesday after he was found with 76 bags of heroin after a traffic stop.

Troopers charged Andrew R. VanHorn, 22, of Dresden, with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance after he was allegedly found with the bags containing heroin and other drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop on Route 96 in Victor.

VanHorn was arraigned in Farmington Town Court and was taken to Ontario County Jail where he is being held on $2,500 cash bail or $5,000 bond.

FingerLakes1.com
#1241618 --- 12/23/10 02:04 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: S.P. King 2nd]
Tony C. Offline

Loc: Dresden
I live in Dresden and have never seen this dirtbag what is his address, is he a renter? Maybe he is held up in one of our public asstance rentals owned by Ray. I see the YCSO Patrol cars in town a lot, how can we continue to support these people I bet a $10.00 bill this guy is on public assistance of some sort. If he had that much heroin on his person the bail is way too low.

#1241634 --- 12/23/10 02:50 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: Tony C.]
Tony C. Offline

MORE TO SAY! Dresden is a fine community with many good people that are interested in improving their lives and propeties, we have a good number of people that have purchased homes and are really making some real improvements. It is a shame that some of these old homes have been purchased by the Slum Lords of Yates County and they continue to be allowed not to take care of these properties. Where is that new Zoning Officer? Take a ride into Dresden and see what nice places there are, the homes that are owned by the Slum Lords WILL SHOW UP LIKE A RAT TURD IN A PAN OF MILK! Currently we have several homes and properties going thru major renovations. I have said for a long time Dresden is a realtors dream come true. The village is clean, we have many Public Amenities, Three Playgrounds, Two Nice Resturants, Ice Cream Shop, Post Office, Motorcycle Shop, Two Churches, Better Streets than Penn Yan, it is a Great Place to Raise Your Children, and some really Good People. I hear that Bill Updike is looking into starting up the Old Dresden Boy Scout Troop, Go for it Bill! You can sit on your back porch and listen to the quiet on a warm summer evening, there is nothing like it in a small village setting. and it really burns my a-- when we get these undesirables in the village. I say take away their public assistance benefits before they screw up, put them to work so they wont have so much idle time, make them clean up the county roads if they want to eat on our money. They say you should not judge a book by its cover, look at the picture of that dirtbag in the paper and tell me different.

#1241649 --- 12/23/10 03:36 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: Tony C.]
dummy2 Offline

Loc: Penn Yan
I'm with ya Tony! But how can you tell from the picture that this kid is on public assistance? Having that much dope on him he probably had more cash that most Yates County employed people. My only hope is that the Yates County investigators find out where he got it all from.

#1241654 --- 12/23/10 03:58 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
Tony C. Offline

I have a real problem with our Public Assitance Programs and I suspect he is abusing the system, I maybe wrong but I doubt it. I do not have a problem helping somebody out but alot of these people will ride the train as long as they can get away with it. As a society we can not continue taking care of people that will not take care of themselfs, there is GREED at all levels and classes of people in our society and it is bringing us down as a nation there are too many people on the system. I know there are people that are on the system that work for people under the table and still take the free cheese, they do not need the cheese but they will take it because it is free. I have herd of people that are on the system and one of their tricks is to take a friend to the supermarket get their groceries with the benefit card and then take the money from their friend so they can buy their beer and cigerettes, etc. It is very similar to what big corporation has done to America, just a different level. They are all guilty of stealing from the hard working people of this great nation.

#1241655 --- 12/23/10 04:01 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
How much dope was it?

#1241656 --- 12/23/10 04:02 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: Tony C.]
Daisy Duke Offline

Loc: Hazzard County
Who will be the lead in this investigation, NYS Police, OCSD, or YCSD? He lives in Yates, but arrested in Ontario.

#1241657 --- 12/23/10 04:06 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: VM Smith]
dummy2 Offline

Originally Posted By: VM Smith
How much dope was it?

Are you trying to trick a dummy? 76 bags I'm no junkie so I'd have to do some research into street lingo.

#1241659 --- 12/23/10 04:09 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: Daisy Duke]
dummy2 Offline

Originally Posted By: Daisy Duke
Who will be the lead in this investigation, NYS Police, OCSD, or YCSD? He lives in Yates, but arrested in Ontario.

The troopers nabbed him so likely them. Besides that I don't believe any agency will comment.

#1241660 --- 12/23/10 04:10 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

You said "that much dope" so I naturally figured you had some clue as to how much dope it was; I didn't know you were just pulling it out of your butt.

#1241662 --- 12/23/10 04:15 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: VM Smith]
dummy2 Offline

Even for a dummy who has no idea about heroine it is safe to say that 76 bags must be "that much dope." But you got me wondering. I'll get to work on it.

#1241663 --- 12/23/10 04:26 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
it is safe to say that 76 bags must be "that much dope."

One can always say that, but if one doesn't know how much dope it is, then of course it's an absolutely meaningless statement.

Likewise, if Tony c. has no clue how much dope it is, the how can he have any clue that the bail is too low? Are you guys working with crystal balls or ouija boards over there?

#1241667 --- 12/23/10 04:38 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: VM Smith]
dummy2 Offline

Originally Posted By: VM Smith
Quote:
it is safe to say that 76 bags must be "that much dope."

One can always say that, but if one doesn't know how much dope it is, then of course it's an absolutely meaningless statement.

Likewise, if Tony c. has no clue how much dope it is, the how can he have any clue that the bail is too low? Are you guys working with crystal balls or ouija boards over there?

I snort a combination of Copenhagen and hot pepper. It not expensive and there are no laws against it. We don't have old geezer hippies over here growing marijuana like they do in Seneca County.

#1241671 --- 12/23/10 04:49 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
I snort a combination of Copenhagen and hot pepper.

Do you smoke it, too?

Quote:
We don't have old geezer hippies over here growing marijuana like they do in Seneca County.

Don't kid yourself.

#1241673 --- 12/23/10 04:58 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
apa Offline

The guy may be on welfare because he has no "legitimate" income, but when I worked in the City Court bail office, the drug sellers always made bail and it was always in cash. ( and it often smelled funny, contact high)

#1241677 --- 12/23/10 05:27 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: apa]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

LOL, the customers may have taken up a collection...

#1241681 --- 12/23/10 06:44 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: S.P. King 2nd]
mommyk12 Offline

Loc: py
I heard it was weed. Would explain the very low bail.

#1241682 --- 12/23/10 06:56 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: dummy2]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Originally Posted By: dummy2
Even for a dummy who has no idea about heroine it is safe to say that 76 bags must be "that much dope." But you got me wondering. I'll get to work on it.

12 packets in a "bindle" about $120 a bindle. heroin is cheap compared to other drugs. Users start snorting it and then they graduate to tne needle. Highly addictive. Lots of drug houses in the city of Rochester where is is being peddled.

#1241685 --- 12/23/10 07:02 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: mommyk12]
beeba24 Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: mommyk12
I heard it was weed. Would explain the very low bail.
You heard it was weed,explain.

#1241686 --- 12/23/10 07:02 PM Re: Dresden man arrested with 76 bags of heroin [Re: Mean Gene]
Daisy Duke Offline

Loc: Hazzard County
MG, who would be the lead LE agency for investigation? Arrested by NYSP, arrested in Ontario. Co., but lives in Yates.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >