FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#1240770 --- 12/18/10 07:11 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: twocats]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: twocats
Originally Posted By: cwjga
Originally Posted By: twocats
Originally Posted By: Ranger
Why should they be taxed at a higher rate just because they have more. And then double taxed because they happen to die and leave an estate.

I am by no means jealous, I have a warm home, food in the fridge, money in the bank, and thank the Lord, good health in my loved ones. What more can a person ask for in this life?

BUT,

Why should I be taxed at a higher rate because I make less?

Your right you should not be. nice to see you might finally be comming around.

So you agree that a first priority should be to reduce the tax rate for the middle class? Wow, color me surprised.

The first priority should be to leave the tax rates the same as they have been for the last 10 years. Then Congress should get rid of the current tax code and vote in one tax rate on all indiviuals, and get rid of every social engineering you get a break if you behave the way we want you to tax deduction. Once that is done there would be no reason for the IRS as it is today, that would save billions alone.

FingerLakes1.com
#1240773 --- 12/18/10 07:37 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: cwjga]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
wow, we agree on something. \:\)
Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!

#1240775 --- 12/18/10 07:38 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: cwjga]
citydog Offline

Loc: Ontario County

The first priority should be to leave the tax rates the same as they have been for the last 10 years. Then Congress should get rid of the current tax code and vote in one tax rate on all indiviuals, and get rid of every social engineering you get a break if you behave the way we want you to tax deduction. Once that is done there would be no reason for the IRS as it is today, that would save billions alone.

A few questions for you:

What would you suggest the tax rate should be if it's one size fits all?

Should all deductions be eliminated for all taxpayers, and, if so, what do you think would be the result?

How much do you estimate would be saved if the IRS was eliminated altogether (keeping in mind that then there would be no mechanism to collect taxes)?

#1240788 --- 12/18/10 10:38 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: citydog]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: citydog

A few questions for you:

What would you suggest the tax rate should be if it's one size fits all? Not as much as the polititians would want it to be.

Should all deductions be eliminated for all taxpayers, and, if so, what do you think would be the result? Yes, the result would be a lower tax rate for all the people that do not need to buy new furnace this year, or do not want to buy a house because they like to rent, or choose not to have kids, or choose to get married.

How much do you estimate would be saved if the IRS was eliminated altogether (keeping in mind that then there would be no mechanism to collect taxes)?

NOt sure check the federal budget for IRS. Considering that in a few years all tax payments have to be made electronicaly, it would take a very small office to do the job.

Add together your W-2 and your 1099's, multiple by the rate and send it in. If done electronicaly, everthing is checked electronicaly and the deal is done.

#1240790 --- 12/18/10 10:48 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: cwjga]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Would put quite a few CPA's out of work.

They'd need a bailout.

#1240797 --- 12/19/10 12:47 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Animal Lover]
sands Offline

Originally Posted By: Animal Lover
For the life of me I don't get how people can care so much about money, other people's money...

I know! You seem to have a fascination with rich people's money!

#1242133 --- 12/26/10 09:05 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: sands]
kimmer Offline

Loc: here,there and back again
Originally Posted By: sands
Originally Posted By: kimmer
It's call the making work pay credit.

Actually, the Bush tax cuts are called the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 and Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 .

Actually the way it shows on my tax return is Making Work Pay and Government Retiree Credits and we all got it if we had 2009 wages over $6451 single or $12903 married filed jointly. Maybe we weren't discussing the same thing.

#1242484 --- 12/28/10 09:09 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: sands]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Come on Sands if the rich had just paid their fair share the last ten years there this would not have happened. ;\)

111th Congress Added More Debt Than First 100 Congresses Combined: $10,429 Per Person in U.S.
Monday, December 27, 2010
By Terence P. Jeffrey

(CNSNews.com) - The federal government has accumulated more new debt--$3.22 trillion ($3,220,103,625,307.29)—during the tenure of the 111th Congress than it did during the first 100 Congresses combined, according to official debt figures published by the U.S. Treasury.

That equals $10,429.64 in new debt for each and every one of the 308,745,538 people counted in the United States by the 2010 Census.

The total national debt of $13,858,529,371,601.09 (or $13.859 trillion), as recorded by the U.S. Treasury at the close of business on Dec. 22, now equals $44,886.57 for every man, woman and child in the United States.

In fact, the 111th Congress not only has set the record as the most debt-accumulating Congress in U.S. history, but also has out-stripped its nearest competitor, the 110th, by an astounding $1.262 trillion in new debt.

During the 110th Congress—which, according to the Clerk of the House, officially convened on Jan. 4, 2007 and adjourned on Jan. 4, 2009--the national debt increased $1.957 trillion. When that Congress adjourned less than two years ago, it claimed the record as the most debt-accumulating Congress in U.S. history. As it turned out, however, its record did not last long.

The $3.22 trillion in new federal debt run up during the 111th Congress exceeds by 64 percent the $1.957 trillion in new debt run up during the 110th.

Although the 111th Congress cast its last vote on Dec. 22, it will not officially adjourn until next week.

Democrats controlled both the House and Senate in the 110th and 111th Congresses.

The 108th Congress ($1.159 trillion in new debt) and 109th ($1.054 trillion in new debt) take third and fourth place among all U.S. Congresses for accumulating debt. In both these Congresses, Republicans controlled both the House and Senate.

Still, the $3.22 trillion in new debt accumulated during the record-setting 111th Congress is more than three times the $1.054 trillion in new debt accumulated by the last Republican-majority Congress (the 109th) which adjourned on Dec. 8, 2006.

Historically, according to the U.S. Treasury, the federal debt did not reach $3.22 trillion until September 1990, during the 101st Congress. Between the first Congress, which adjourned in 1791 leaving behind approximately $75 million in debt, and the convening of the 101st Congress, which occurred on Jan. 3, 1989, the national debt grew to $2.684 trillion.

During the Rep. Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) tenure as speaker, which commenced on Jan. 4, 2007, the federal government has run up $5.177 trillion in new debt. That is about equal to the total debt the federal government accumulated in the first 220 years of the nation's existence, with the federal debt rising from $5.173 trillion on July 23, 1996 to $5.181 trillion on July 24, 1996.

In her inaugural address as speaker, Pelosi vowed that Congress would engage in no new deficit spending.

"After years of historic deficits, this 110th Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: Pay as you go, no new deficit spending,” she said in an address from the speaker’s podium. “Our new America will provide unlimited opportunity for future generations, not burden them with mountains of debt."

#1242551 --- 12/29/10 04:25 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: cwjga]
sands Offline

Democrats controlled both the House and Senate in the 110th and 111th Congresses.

#1242611 --- 12/29/10 12:44 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: sands]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Yes they did \:\/

I was waiting for the whole "Look how much the last congress spent, so that must make it ok to spend more excuse"

#1242809 --- 12/30/10 12:53 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: cwjga]
sands Offline

I was waiting for the whole "Look how much the last congress spent, so that must make it ok to spend more excuse"

Democrats controlled both the House and Senate in the last Congress also.

#1242832 --- 12/30/10 02:10 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: sands]
Zorn Offline

Loc: ny

Yes democrats have done a lot of crappy things too. Now can you admit that adding $70 billion to the deficit to give tax cuts to rich people is bad, or are you going to make excuses for Republican politicians, as usual?

#1242840 --- 12/30/10 02:59 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
sands Offline

Originally Posted By: Zorn
Now can you admit that adding $70 billion to the deficit to give tax cuts to rich people is bad, or are you going to make excuses for Republican politicians, as usual?

Can you admit that taking $70 billion from tax payers is bad, or are you going to make excuses for Democratic politicians, as usual?

#1242868 --- 12/30/10 05:01 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
Harleybobb Offline

Loc: Walloon Freedom Fighter

Yes democrats have done a lot of crappy things too. Now can you admit that adding $70 billion to the deficit to give tax cuts to rich people is bad, or are you going to make excuses for Republican politicians, as usual?
what are you whining about now, did you miss out on a free government handout?

#1242912 --- 12/30/10 01:26 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: sands]
Zorn Offline

Now can you admit that adding $70 billion to the deficit to give tax cuts to rich people is bad, or are you going to make excuses for Republican politicians, as usual?

Can you admit that taking $70 billion from tax payers is bad, or are you going to make excuses for Democratic politicians, as usual?

To pay off debt? I thought you guys were all about paying off the debt and not adding to it?

Taxes are bad *if the money is wasted*. If you take tax money and provide some service to the people of a country then *no* taking $70 billion is NOT bad.

What republicans have done is put saving rich people money ABOVE paying off the debt or using the money to say... extend unemployment benefits ($60 billion a year).

Do you want to not pay any taxes? Would you not admit that paying taxes for things like police or fire departments is worth the money?

Then quit it with the lame argument that all taxes are bad.

#1242997 --- 12/30/10 07:07 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

No, because leaving the tax rates the same is not a cut.

#1243032 --- 12/30/10 11:25 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
sands Offline

To pay off debt? I thought you guys were all about paying off the debt and not adding to it?

Taxes are bad *if the money is wasted*. If you take tax money and provide some service to the people of a country then *no* taking $70 billion is NOT bad.

What republicans have done is put saving rich people money ABOVE paying off the debt or using the money to say... extend unemployment benefits ($60 billion a year).

Do you want to not pay any taxes? Would you not admit that paying taxes for things like police or fire departments is worth the money?

Did you ever notice, with all their blathering*, liberals can never say the words, "cut spending"?

*blathering: Verb: Talk long-windedly without making very much sense.

#1243034 --- 12/31/10 12:00 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: sands]
Harleybobb Offline

Did you ever notice, with all their blathering*, liberals can never say the words, "cut spending"?

*blathering: Verb: Talk long-windedly without making very much sense.
ahahahahah... zorn is always look for the free government handout.

#1243049 --- 12/31/10 12:54 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Harleybobb]
Zorn Offline

No morons, liberals do talk about cutting spending. Lets cut defense spending. I wouldnt advocate creating new programs without a way to pay for them. George Bush was great at passing Medicare D, but he had no plan on how to pay for it.

I would advocate increasing taxes IF the return to the average citizen were worth the increase. So if we increase taxes and get full health care for everyone, then that is ok IF there is evidence that govt health care would be superior or more efficient.

You retards though, you just want to cut taxes and any program YOU don't benefit from. Anything that you feel helps you though, even if it hurts others, is fair game.

#1243084 --- 12/31/10 03:04 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
Harleybobb Offline

Going over the top again with the name calling sandwich man!
People get pissed when you use the "r" word.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >