FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#1239388 --- 12/12/10 03:59 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: alummule]
kimmer Offline

Loc: here,there and back again
Originally Posted By: alummule
Yes Kimmer Just left Manchester McDonalds where the only station played is always Fox . Yes they really believe that just because a new president took office everything wrong should have been magically corrected .

Manchester has a McDonalds? With a TV? With cable? but only one channel? and it's Fox "news"? How did you find this magical place?

FingerLakes1.com
#1239389 --- 12/12/10 04:01 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Harleybobb]
kimmer Offline

Loc: here,there and back again
Originally Posted By: Harleybobb
Originally Posted By: kimmer
Did anyone really believe that just because a new president took office everything wrong would be magically corrected quickly? I don't care who had won the last election, things would have still continued to tank. How do we expect anything to get better when no one can even name the real reason for all the turmoil in the economy?

You mean too tell me that the Hopey-Changey thing The Antichrist President Barack Hussein Obama II was spewing is a line of crap?

They all spew crap and you know it.

#1239399 --- 12/12/10 04:51 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: kimmer]
alummule Offline

Loc: yes
Gotta take the good with the bad most do offer free Internet connection.
http://www.mcdonalds.com/content/us/en/restaurant_locator/restaurant_locationsresults.html?
McDonalds responce
http://foxnewsboycott.com/fox-news/boycott-response-from-mcdonalds/
country=usa&method=search&primaryCity=14504&postalCode=14504
Originally Posted By: kimmer
Originally Posted By: alummule
Yes Kimmer Just left Manchester McDonalds where the only station played is always Fox . Yes they really believe that just because a new president took office everything wrong should have been magically corrected .

Manchester has a McDonalds? With a TV? With cable? but only one channel? and it's Fox "news"? How did you find this magical place?

#1239521 --- 12/13/10 02:27 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
sands Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Zorn
Milton Friedman (famous liberarian, nobel prize winning economists) among others espouse a basic income grant or minimum wage (not our own minimum wage, a much higher one).

So I will see your slave owner and raise you two famous libertarian nobel prize winning economists, who also championed liberty and freedom.

What's a "liberarian"?

Milton Friedman was a big fan of giving tax money to the government...Ha!

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there’d be a shortage of sand.” - Milton Friedman

Sorry if I called your bluff...

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world." - Thomas Jefferson

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

#1239595 --- 12/13/10 02:13 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: sands]
Zorn Offline

Loc: ny
That quote means Friedman felt the govt was wasteful. How does it show he is not a proponent of free market capitalism?

Also, good catch on my spelling mistake! I hope I can bear the shame. I don't have to worry about catching you and the other neo-cons here in grammar or spelling mistakes... all you do is copy and paste quotes from the Founding Fathers or full articles from some right wing blogger.

But lets go down this road, what would you have the govt do? National defense of course, what else?

#1239672 --- 12/13/10 11:51 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
sands Offline

But lets go down this road, what would you have the govt do? National defense of course, what else?

Which level of government? Local, state or Federal?

P.S. It's "let's"

#1239679 --- 12/14/10 12:23 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: sands]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
Roads, police and fire protection, education, help for the truly indigent would be things that are worth spending taxes on.
But no more grants or earmarks. Trim a decent percentage from everything. Let's try to do that.

#1239686 --- 12/14/10 12:48 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: sands]
Zorn Offline

Originally Posted By: sands

Which level of government? Local, state or Federal?

P.S. It's "let's"

Wow you must be a riot at parties.

Anyway, your Jefferson quotes do not differentiate between local state or federal. (OMG I FORGOT COMMAS!) Now it depends on what level? Can you provide a Jefferson quote to back this up?

#1239687 --- 12/14/10 12:50 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Here's Johnny]
Zorn Offline

Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny
Roads, police and fire protection, education, help for the truly indigent would be things that are worth spending taxes on.
But no more grants or earmarks. Trim a decent percentage from everything. Let's try to do that.

Obviously no social programs then. Protect people from fire, but not their health. Got it. No EPA? What about labor laws? Zoning laws? These all restrict Liberty you know.

#1239697 --- 12/14/10 01:08 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
sands Offline

Now it depends on what level? Can you provide a Jefferson quote to back this up?

Close. Article I, section 8 of the U.S. Constitution.

#1239714 --- 12/14/10 02:17 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York

Obviously no social programs then. Protect people from fire, but not their health. Got it. No EPA? What about labor laws? Zoning laws? These all restrict Liberty you know.

I am open to have other things included. All that has to happen is that we can pay for it all without borrowing the tons of money that we do now. And if I could, although I don't know if it could happen, I would shut down the war machine at the Pentagon.

Edited by Here's Johnny (12/14/10 02:18 AM)

#1239752 --- 12/14/10 09:44 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
Harleybobb Offline

Loc: Walloon Freedom Fighter

Ahahahahahaha... no free rides for you zorn.

#1239754 --- 12/14/10 09:50 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Here's Johnny]
Harleybobb Offline

Loc: Walloon Freedom Fighter

I am open to have other things included. All that has to happen is that we can pay for it all without borrowing the tons of money that we do now. And if I could, although I don't know if it could happen, I would shut down the war machine at the Pentagon.

you'd crash this countries economy if you did that.

#1239787 --- 12/14/10 10:56 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Here's Johnny]
Zorn Offline

So you aren't anti government, just anti debt, which makes sense. Some debt is ok I think. What we should be doing is having budget surpluses during boom times, and then borrow if necessary during lean times.

Cutting the defense budget in half would go a long way in stopping our borrowing.

#1239861 --- 12/14/10 06:19 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Roads, police and fire protection, education, help for the truly indigent would be things that are worth spending taxes on.But no more grants or earmarks. Trim a decent percentage from everything. Let's try to do that.

Here is your problem Zorn, it is pretty obvious that you either can not read or choose not to, unless of course it agrees with your lunacy. I highlighted in red the part you should have read before making another stupid comment.

#1240030 --- 12/15/10 10:36 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
Ranger Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: GOD's 1/2 acre
You should be really happy with Harry Reid's new Ominibus Budget, 1900+ pages, that no one has seen, and they have to pass it by Saturday, shades of Obamacare

#1240036 --- 12/15/10 10:54 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: cwjga]
Zorn Offline

Originally Posted By: cwjga
Roads, police and fire protection, education, help for the truly indigent would be things that are worth spending taxes on.But no more grants or earmarks. Trim a decent percentage from everything. Let's try to do that.

Here is your problem Zorn, it is pretty obvious that you either can not read or choose not to, unless of course it agrees with your lunacy. I highlighted in red the part you should have read before making another stupid comment.

Yep I missed that, I have to post fast... some of us work you know.

#1240037 --- 12/15/10 10:55 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Ranger]
Zorn Offline

Originally Posted By: Ranger
You should be really happy with Harry Reid's new Ominibus Budget, 1900+ pages, that no one has seen, and they have to pass it by Saturday, shades of Obamacare

Yes democrats suck too, they are just the lesser evil. I don't make excuses for them like you guys protect the Republicans. Just read this thread. Republicans suck, but you guys make excuses or try to change the subject.

#1240041 --- 12/15/10 11:43 AM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
Ranger Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: GOD's 1/2 acre
So you think that taking more of your income for anything and every thing, and controlling every aspect of your life is the lesser of 2 evils

mmmmmmmmmmmmm OK

#1240047 --- 12/15/10 12:23 PM Re: Republicans add $70 billion to annual deficit. [Re: Zorn]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Cutting the defense budget in half would go a long way in stopping our borrowing.

Yup.

It's never even CONSIDERED by either party.

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >