FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1174740 --- 04/24/10 07:12 PM Aldos Sevice and Italians and more
monkeydoodle Offline

Loc: Auburn ny usa 13o21
Ordered from Aldos a Baked Combo paid for it got it home. Wow a Combo Platter called Aldos right away was told OK to bring back. Oh Oh wait a minute phone rings back they say they cant replace it and cannot take it back Per the lady that owns it. Who only spoeaks Italian. The person/lady on phone admitted it was their mistake but no they would not give me the correct dish that I ordered. Thus Im out of the 9.95 plus tax. Cmon who in their right mind can admit a mistake and not try to correct it. Im sure all Italians are not this way. But why admit something and not make it right. Most restaurants no matter what the cost corrects these things. No need to explain looking at their menu flyer that came out only last week has new prices written in. Proof reading and correcting order mistakes is not on Aldos agenda only what you get is what you get. Maybe if I had eaten in at the place they would have changed it to the correct order.

FingerLakes1.com
#1174744 --- 04/24/10 07:29 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: monkeydoodle]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"Im sure all Italians are not this way."

What compels you to even make such a remark?

#1174746 --- 04/24/10 07:35 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: VM Smith]
monkeydoodle Offline

Im sure not all Italians are this way. But the spokeswoman for the Italian lady that only speaks only Italian seemed to more push it on the woman. The spokeswoman alse said it was their mistake. Im sur most Italians go out of their way when a mistake is made because of being proud. But for some reaon this lady told her spokeswoman .Aldos, owned by the woman would not make good on their mistake.

#1174752 --- 04/24/10 08:13 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: monkeydoodle]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
No we are especially towards idiots like you......

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

#1174759 --- 04/24/10 08:36 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: Gio]
monkeydoodle Offline

Good to see the etnic part of some people become poor examples and are not proud.

#1174776 --- 04/24/10 09:33 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: monkeydoodle]
Proofreader Offline

Loc: At-large
Pretty sure etnic isn't a word.

#1174835 --- 04/25/10 05:47 AM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: monkeydoodle]
Ranger Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: GOD's 1/2 acre
Originally Posted By: monkeydoodle
Im sure not all Italians are this way. But the spokeswoman for the Italian lady that only speaks only Italian seemed to more push it on the woman. The spokeswoman alse said it was their mistake. Im sur most Italians go out of their way when a mistake is made because of being proud. But for some reaon this lady told her spokeswoman .Aldos, owned by the woman would not make good on their mistake.

Stop! my eyes hurt

#1174914 --- 04/25/10 09:25 AM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: monkeydoodle]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
Good to see the etnic part of some people become poor examples and are not proud.

What the hell does that even mean? Listen to Ranger and stop before you hurt yourself....

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

#1174915 --- 04/25/10 09:26 AM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: Gio]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
All this and I still can't figure out what was wrong with the order!

#1174930 --- 04/25/10 10:36 AM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: Della]
dainty Offline

What's the difference between what you ordered and what you got? Was it good? Where is this place? Do you think they caught your bigoted attitude on the phone?

A similar thing happened to me at Disney World.

#1174932 --- 04/25/10 10:42 AM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: dainty]
dainty Offline

The incident at Disney was a wrong order. The waiter was an American who gave me a hard time about an exchange.

#1174972 --- 04/25/10 01:43 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: dainty]
queenbee Offline

Loc: soul quest
What the hell does being Italian and speaking Italian have to do with what u ordered or the outcome? Would u like some of my Italian family members who speak broken english to splain it to u? Dolts everyday a new one!

#1174998 --- 04/25/10 03:38 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: monkeydoodle]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS

A man who judges people by the group is a pee-wit.
- Sgt. Kilrain in the film "Gettysburg".

#1175000 --- 04/25/10 03:57 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: Josephus]
monkeydoodle Offline

All together Italian or not it was poor business etiquette. A bussiness is either out to satisfy the customer or screw them out of their money. It appears people dont care if the got a fish sandwich even though they ordered a hamburger. Business operating like this has its priorities and it appears its no definitely the customer.

#1175024 --- 04/25/10 05:27 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: monkeydoodle]
queenbee Offline

Loc: soul quest
Well first u started with ethnic bashing over a food order and where u got it from. What happen to u had nothing to do with someones ethnicity so it was really stoopid to bash Italians when it was a gripe about food. Kinda makes u look a little idiotic don't u think? I'm Italian have cooked in restaurants and never once got a complaint over an order b'cuz I was Italian.LOL

#1175060 --- 04/25/10 06:54 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: queenbee]
monkeydoodle Offline

Must be you know the difference of a Combp Platter and a Baked combo lol. Anyways it started Italian because of the spokeswoman that was the emissary of the Italian speaking woman. She made it clear about the woman only speaking Italian and made it clear of now changing of the order . Note a Combo Platter is Fried mushrooms, Cauliflower and mozarella Sticks(which the platter had only two of}. And a Baked Combo is Stuffed Shells, Manicotti and Ravioli. Note #1 a big difference in the orders. Note #2 the spokeswoman said it was their fault of the screwup Note # 3 and the wopman that spoke only Itaslian said it could not be replaced per the spokesman.

#1175061 --- 04/25/10 07:05 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: monkeydoodle]
Red22 Offline

Loc: ny
Where is Aldo's?

#1175063 --- 04/25/10 07:15 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: Red22]
monkeydoodle Offline

Aldos is in the grant avenue Plaza its called Aldos Bistro and Restaurant, Unfortunately me for such an incident from what seems a nice place.

#1175782 --- 04/28/10 10:06 AM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: monkeydoodle]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
If you go back, you might want to treat this place like a McDonald's. Check your plate BEFORE you leave the restaurant.

You know what happens when we assume, right? ;\)

#1175923 --- 04/28/10 09:02 PM Re: Aldos Sevice and Italians and more [Re: Josephus]
dainty Offline

I still have no idea why you blame this on Italians. I think its to their benefit that you won't go there any more. Imagine how complicated it was to come to this country and open a business when your don't speak the language. The owner sounds alot smarter than some of the people on this forum. Know what I mean? I think most of the people on this thread would have been behind you if you had just not focused on her ethnicity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >