FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1159794 --- 03/15/10 04:09 PM Christendom Marches On!
HarleyBobT Offline

Loc: Walloon Freedom Fighter

Final destination Iran?

Rob Edwards

Published on 14 Mar 2010

Hundreds of powerful US “bunker-buster” bombs are being shipped from California to the British island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean in preparation for a possible attack on Iran.

The Sunday Herald can reveal that the US government signed a contract in January to transport 10 ammunition containers to the island. According to a cargo manifest from the US navy, this included 387 “Blu” bombs used for blasting hardened or underground structures.

Experts say that they are being put in place for an assault on Iran’s controversial nuclear facilities. There has long been speculation that the US military is preparing for such an attack, should diplomacy fail to persuade Iran not to make nuclear weapons.

Although Diego Garcia is part of the British Indian Ocean Territory, it is used by the US as a military base under an agreement made in 1971. The agreement led to 2,000 native islanders being forcibly evicted to the Seychelles and Mauritius.

The Sunday Herald reported in 2007 that stealth bomber hangers on the island were being equipped to take bunker-buster bombs.

They are gearing up totally for the destruction of Iran

Dan Plesch, director, Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy, University of London

Although the story was not confirmed at the time, the new evidence suggests that it was accurate.

Contract details for the shipment to Diego Garcia were posted on an international tenders’ website by the US navy.

A shipping company based in Florida, Superior Maritime Services, will be paid $699,500 to carry many thousands of military items from Concord, California, to Diego Garcia.

Crucially, the cargo includes 195 smart, guided, Blu-110 bombs and 192 massive 2000lb Blu-117 bombs.

“They are gearing up totally for the destruction of Iran,” said Dan Plesch, director of the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy at the University of London, co-author of a recent study on US preparations for an attack on Iran. “US bombers are ready today to destroy 10,000 targets in Iran in a few hours,” he added.

The preparations were being made by the US military, but it would be up to President Obama to make the final decision. He may decide that it would be better for the US to act instead of Israel, Plesch argued.

“The US is not publicising the scale of these preparations to deter Iran, tending to make confrontation more likely,” he added. “The US ... is using its forces as part of an overall strategy of shaping Iran’s actions.”

According to Ian Davis, director of the new independent thinktank, Nato Watch, the shipment to Diego Garcia is a major concern. “We would urge the US to clarify its intentions for these weapons, and the Foreign Office to clarify its attitude to the use of Diego Garcia for an attack on Iran,” he said.

For Alan Mackinnon, chair of Scottish CND, the revelation was “extremely worrying”. He stated: “It is clear that the US government continues to beat the drums of war over Iran, most recently in the statements of Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton.

“It is depressingly similar to the rhetoric we heard prior to the war in Iraq in 2003.”

The British Ministry of Defence has said in the past that the US government would need permission to use Diego Garcia for offensive action. It has already been used for strikes against Iraq during the 1991 and 2003 Gulf wars.

About 50 British military staff are stationed on the island, with more than 3,200 US personnel. Part of the Chagos Archipelago, it lies about 1,000 miles from the southern coasts of India and Sri Lanka, well placed for missions to Iran.

The US Department of Defence did not respond to a request for a comment.

FingerLakes1.com
#1159804 --- 03/15/10 04:39 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: HarleyBobT]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Better to be well-prepared than unprepared.

I will say though, that this has little to do with Christianity.

#1159807 --- 03/15/10 04:56 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: Josephus]
Ovidian Offline
Silver Member

Loc: gone
There are a lot of young people in that country that are completely opposed to their government. Were damned if we do and damned if don't. To not act would be to put our allies,troops and country in peril. To act risks the alienation of masses of pro western Iranian young people.

#1159823 --- 03/15/10 05:43 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: Ovidian]
Santa_Cruzer Offline

Loc: Westside
Originally Posted By: Ovidian
There are a lot of young people in that country that are completely opposed to their government. Were damned if we do and damned if don't. To not act would be to put our allies,troops and country in peril. To act risks the alienation of masses of pro western Iranian young people.

Destroy Iran to 'save' it?

Damned for sure if we do.

Edited by Santa_Cruzer (03/15/10 05:44 PM)

LONG LIVE AARON COMETBUS!
http://www.freakradio.org
http://www.canorml.org

#1159845 --- 03/15/10 06:08 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: Santa_Cruzer]
HarleyBobT Offline

#1159850 --- 03/15/10 06:28 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: Josephus]
HarleyBobT Offline

Originally Posted By: Josephus

When are you going to realize that we are in the middle of a modern day crusade...

#1159851 --- 03/15/10 06:30 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: HarleyBobT]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: HarleyBobT

When are you going to realize that we are in the middle of a modern day crusade...

When are you going to realize that not every single muslim in the world is against us, and that not every US citizen is a Christian? I think you tend to see things in black & white instead of the shades of gray the world is made up of...

#1159906 --- 03/15/10 08:19 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: HarleyBobT]
Al Kida Offline

Who is Diego Garcia???

Why he have so many bomb???

#1159917 --- 03/15/10 08:44 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: HarleyBobT]
Peloquin Offline

Loc: State of Sanity (population 1)

Your crusade is their jihad ...

So much blood has been shed by the Church because of an omission from the Gospel: "Ye shall be indifferent as to what your neighbor's religion is." Not merely tolerant of it, but indifferent to it. Divinity is claimed for many religions; but no religion is great enough or divine enough to add that new law to its code.
- Mark Twain, a Biography

Who controls the past now controls the future
Who controls the present now controls the past
- RAtM

#1159918 --- 03/15/10 08:47 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: Al Kida]
HarleyBobT Offline

Originally Posted By: Al Kida
Who is Diego Garcia???

Why he have so many bomb???
He's the guy that owned the Mexican restaurant in Geneva.

#1159920 --- 03/15/10 08:52 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: Peloquin]
HarleyBobT Offline

Originally Posted By: Peloquin

So much blood has been shed by the Church because of an omission from the Gospel: "Ye shall be indifferent as to what your neighbor's religion is." Not merely tolerant of it, but indifferent to it. Divinity is claimed for many religions; but no religion is great enough or divine enough to add that new law to its code.
Who care what Mark Twain said he's been dead for a 100 years. As a matter of fact one cares what you have to say.

#1159978 --- 03/16/10 12:57 AM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: HarleyBobT]
Peloquin Offline

Who care what Mark Twain said he's been dead for a 100 years. As a matter of fact one cares what you have to say.

You truly are a pathetic human being.

- RAtM

#1159986 --- 03/16/10 05:21 AM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: Peloquin]
HarleyBobT Offline

Ahahaha.. Yep that's me,pathetic!

Edited by HarleyBobT (03/16/10 05:22 AM)

#1159991 --- 03/16/10 05:40 AM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: HarleyBobT]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Who care what Mark Twain said he's been dead for a 100 years.
Who cares what anyone in the Bible said. They have been dead 2,000 years.

#1160017 --- 03/16/10 06:50 AM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: HarleyBobT]
Peloquin Offline

Edited by HarleyBobT (Today at 05:22 AM)

So witty you had to edit it?

- RAtM

#1160082 --- 03/16/10 10:30 AM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: Peloquin]
HarleyBobT Offline

Edited by HarleyBobT (Today at 05:22 AM)

So witty you had to edit it?

WOW! I get another pathetic response from another pathetic human who thinks he has some kind of inside knowledge on our pathetic race.

What I think is pathetic is pathetic people like you who are making these pathetic weapons to kill other pathetic people who are making more pathetic weapons. It's pathetic people like you who are making the delivery systems and it's pathetic people like you who fly the weapons platforms to deliver these weapons.

And it's pathetic people like you who whine and say these pathetic people like me are the ones to blame. It's people like me who are getting our hands bloody so your little pathetic students can grow-up and go to a pathetic college and have a big house,car and a pathetic job making more pathetic weapons systems to kill more pathetic people....

Now what I find funny and really pathetic about all this and it is you only see the bible and or religion as root the cause and when in realty its you who is the root cause!

It's you Peloquin and your kind who are the cause of all the crap going on in the world, it's you and your kind pissing on the planet, it's you killing off mankind.

You can call me anything you want, because I know who and what you really are... death wrapped in a textbook.

#1160160 --- 03/16/10 02:44 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: HarleyBobT]
Santa_Cruzer Offline

Psychotic not 'pathetic' HBT.

Consider yourself lucky the FL1Mods only removed your posting of offensive, hate-ridden, inciteful photoshopped image of Islamic worshippers at Mecca under a mushroom cloud - rather than banning you.

Another sick 'Christian' Jihadist.

#1160167 --- 03/16/10 03:15 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: Santa_Cruzer]
HarleyBobT Offline

Originally Posted By: Santa_Cruzer

Consider yourself lucky the FL1Mods only removed your posting of offensive, hate-ridden, inciteful photoshopped image of Islamic worshippers at Mecca under a mushroom cloud - rather than banning you.

Ahahahahah...

I prefer to be referred to as a Crusader.

Edited by HarleyBobT (03/16/10 03:50 PM)

#1160178 --- 03/16/10 04:50 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: HarleyBobT]
Santa_Cruzer Offline

Ahahahahah...

I prefer to be referred to as a Crusader.

Crusading for bigotry and racism.

How noble.

#1160195 --- 03/16/10 05:59 PM Re: Christendom Marches On! [Re: Santa_Cruzer]
HarleyBobT Offline

Crusading for bigotry and racism.

How noble.

Next time I'll run all my posts by you before I post them, I want to make sure they meet your approval!

Edited by HarleyBobT (03/16/10 06:01 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >