FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1150046 --- 02/21/10 10:10 AM Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I bought Boots #7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum after reading zillions of reviews online touting it's benefits. I've only used it for about a week and the texture of my skin is phenomenal - the difference to the touch is incredible, but it looks great. I'm lucky and I have good skin so I don't have lots of deep wrinkles but I have plenty of fine lines so I'll come back in three weeks and let you know if they've been "visibly reduced". In the meantime I love the way it makes my skin feel and the way it makes my (mineral) makeup look smoother. It's almost like a primer but slightly less greasy and it sinks into the skin really well.

Last word: RUN TO TARGET. BUY THIS.

FingerLakes1.com
#1150054 --- 02/21/10 10:49 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
reilley Offline
Silver Member

Loc: between here and there
I will have to try it .

#1150070 --- 02/21/10 11:10 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: reilley]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca Falls,NY,
Is Target the only place they sell this? Since we don't have a Target in Seneca County?

#1150086 --- 02/21/10 11:44 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: sassyone]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

You can order it online (direct or through Target) Target is the only retailer.

#1150121 --- 02/21/10 01:24 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
I missed that one in my "research."

I am one that always tried the latest in the skin care lines . . . you know, the really expensive stuff at department stores or on-line at Sephora. When I was forced to look for ways to trim my budget and cut expenses, my expensive skin care products were at the top of the list.

After reading reviews on various “lower end” skin care lines, I decided to try Audi’s Lacura Skin Care line. I had my doubts as it was so inexpensive (I think everything is under $10.00) and I have extremely sensitive skin. After using most of the line for about a year, I have to tell you that most of the products work very well for me. Although I didn’t have a problem with the Lacura undereye (my problem area) cream, I did go back to a more expensive cream. I jump in glee at how much I “save” in money and still get pretty much the same results.

BTW . . . I did not like any of the Lacura makeup products. Again, in an attempt to cut costs, I tried quite a few “lower end” lines. I always go back to my BE mineral makeup. I decided that I must have this indulgence. Although, I do buy it at a lower cost though “the” on-line auction site.

Edited by Ghosts (02/21/10 02:56 PM)

#1150160 --- 02/21/10 03:01 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I can't live w/o my BE. Did you know Zotos just bought the company? Maybe they'll have it available at future in-house sales (not this one coming up I'm sure). They sell BE at my grocery store here!

I have sensitive skin but I've never gone completely high end for my skin care. Cetaphil works for me, though their day lotion w/ sunscreen is a little heavy. I loved Lancome but they changed the formulation of the one I liked so - eh! I also love the Philosophy micropeel - so gentle but very effective.

Give the Boots a shot. I plan on trying their day/night creams next. I didn't have to worry about SPF as much in Alaska - except for 24 hours a day in June and July LOL - but here it's a must and the Cetaphil is proving too heavy, combined with the humidity (AK is dry, dry, dry so the heavier the cream the better). I'll check out your recommends!

Here are a few great beauty blogs I read and love btw:

http://thenonblonde.blogspot.com/

http://www.makeupalley.com/

http://www.bellasugar.com/

Once the Non Blonde recommended Boots I was sold.

#1150190 --- 02/21/10 03:59 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

Originally Posted By: past tense
I can't live w/o my BE. Did you know Zotos just bought the company?

Say it ain't so, Leslie! No, I hadn't heard that.

In years past, Shiseido was one of those great skin care lines and makeup that I gave up. Too expensive for this small town, low budget gal. But of all the makeup that I have ever tried . . . and we're talking a whole lot . . . BE is absolutely THE BEST!

Thanks for sharing the links.

#1150248 --- 02/21/10 05:50 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Zotos bought BE? What about on QVC? Will it still be on QVC? I know you can get it at Sephora but that requires a trip to Eastview and everytime I go there I never think of it, so end up calling up QVC and ordering it.
I tried Avon minerals--OK, but its not BE and no mineral veil.
I've also got the Lacura mask, It does feel nice, only used it twice so far.

#1150250 --- 02/21/10 05:56 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: sassyone]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Sorry it was actually Shiseido that bought BE.

#1150255 --- 02/21/10 06:02 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: sassyone]
Ghosts Offline

I often watch QVC to check out the new products, but I mostly buy my BE on the auction website. Been buying there for years and have not been disappointed in the savings. I don't bother with bidding. I just find the best “Buy It Now” deal from a reputable seller. No other minerals makeup can compare to BE.

The few times I get out to Victor, Sephora is always on my list. I like to go in there to check out the new products, but rarely purchase anything.

#1150259 --- 02/21/10 06:07 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

It's the most obnoxious place to shop except for Abercrombie. I'd rather shop Sephora online. But I like to test so...you have to brave it once in awhile.

I have a Too Faced liquid eyeliner I love - it's a brush but I can actually use it. I bought the Fresh Lemon perfume there too - smelled like lemon Pledge to me. Not great.

#1150267 --- 02/21/10 06:23 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

Have you tried the new solid pencil eyeliner by BE? It's fabulous! Pencil on one end and a smudger tip on the other. It goes on smooth and has enough moisture for a short time to enable you to smudge it if you want. After it drys, it stays until I wash it away.

The only downside to BE is that my dressing table and surrounding areas are always "dusty" (tapping, swirling, SPILLING, etc.) The new container, for the foundation, is a great improvement.

I like the new mascara brush, but I have to apply too many layers of product to build up and fill out my long, but very fine, lashes. I'm going back to the Almay Triple Effect mascara.

#1150300 --- 02/21/10 07:35 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I haven't tried the BE liner but I heard the Buxom mascara is awesome; I'll definitely try the liner. I have to say I adore Cover Girl Lashlights - the tinted ones. You can't tell it's tinted and the formula is smooooooooooth. I also like L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous but it's impossible to remove it all - I always wake up w/ product under my eyes. What remover do you use? Neutrogena doesn't work on heavy formulations at all.

I have the same mess problem w/ BE but I haven't seen the new packaging. I'll have to check it out. They are impossible to travel with for me - I wonder if their retractable travel brush is any good. The one thing I really need is new makeup brushes. BADLY.

#1150302 --- 02/21/10 07:45 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

I just use the Lacura cleanser. It's gentle, removes makeup well, and it's really cheap. I follow that with the Lacura toner . . . the whole regiment.

The retractable brushes are a BIG waste of money. All of my BE friends feel the same. It's really the only BE product that ever really disappointed me.

#1150304 --- 02/21/10 07:53 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Say no more. I'm suspect of the entire concept anyway. I'll give the cleanser a shot but I'm telling you - nothing can remove that Carbon Black Voluminous. The look is great (better than DiorShow I think) but it's just never going to come off.

I've been tempted to try YSL mascara but right now my brain keeps telling me I need brushes not another $30 mascara LOL

#1150412 --- 02/22/10 04:33 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Someplace Else
I love the Jane Iredale mineral foundation. I use the pressed minerals but they have a loose line as well. It's not so easy for me to find here but Dermatech in Geneva sells the line as well as the Merle Norman cosmetics (which I don't love) and their own line of skin care products (some good, some so-so) but it's definitely worth a trip to check out.

PT I will have to check out the Boots products as I have an expensive "product" habit....definitely a product junkie here!

#1150451 --- 02/22/10 05:10 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Oh I love makeup threads!!!

#1150452 --- 02/22/10 05:11 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Della]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

I know! Me too!! Helps keep my addiction fed!

#1150476 --- 02/22/10 05:48 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Della Offline
Gold Member

It's so much nicer to try things others have recommended. That said I HATED Bare Essentials!

#1150508 --- 02/22/10 06:58 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Della]
LOTE Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Lurking
I love BE \:\)

If you're not livin on the edge
you're not livin

#1150510 --- 02/22/10 07:00 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Della]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

That's why I love those beauty blogs. Nothing works for everyone but you can see what people really hate and really love! BE isn't for everyone but it's perfect for me - I want hypoallergenic and sheer coverage. I have yet to find a liquid foundation I'm talented enough to apply. I do like Neutrogena's tinted moisturizer but they ironically require additional moisturizer to apply well.

#1150518 --- 02/22/10 08:12 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Della]
Ghosts Offline

Originally Posted By: Della
It's so much nicer to try things others have recommended. That said I HATED Bare Essentials!

True . . . BE may not be for everyone. To be honest with you, I first tried BE many years ago and didn’t care that much for it. After hearing all the positive hype and getting some tips from BE friends, I decided to give it another shot. What I do different now, that made a huge difference, is to wait for my moisturizer and/or primer to absorb completely into my skin before applying BE. I think the prep steps and application technique is the key to the results. I often get compliments on my skin and I am no spring chicken. My skin has never looked better.

#1150522 --- 02/22/10 08:25 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

I do like Neutrogena's tinted moisturizer but they ironically require additional moisturizer to apply well.

On those days that I am just hanging out at home without makeup or in a big hurry to get somewhere and don’t have time to go through the whole skin care and makeup routine, I love the Dr. Denese tinted moisturizer. I justify the costs because I don’t use it often and a jar lasts me a very long time. I also save costs by buying it at the on-line auction site.

From QVC: “Why is it different: The day cream is specially formulated with an innovative, natural melanin tint that self-adjusts to all skin types to cleverly disguise imperfections. The targeted formulas deliver SPF 30 UVA/UVB broad spectrum protection to guard the face against future lines and wrinkles.”

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view....Day-Cream-20-oz

#1150559 --- 02/22/10 09:43 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I haven't tried it since I started using the Boots serum - I think that should improve the results since I don't have those dry patches - oh, and it's ridiculously humid here most of the time, that also helps. My skin has seen an overall improvement since moving out of AK as the air there is so dry, and you are starved of sunlight for so much of the year it just wrecks it. I use sunscreen, I'm not a sun worshipper, but exposure to normal amounts of sunlight is good for the skin - I lived it!

I've heard great things about that Dr. Denese line.

#1150568 --- 02/22/10 10:00 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

I've heard great things about that Dr. Denese line.

I loved all of her skin care products, but my budget didn't. \:\(

#1150601 --- 02/22/10 11:48 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

LOL, I just came home from work and spotted my bathroom counter with a whole "plop" and a dusting of BE, that I hadn't noticed this morning when I was bleary eyed getting ready to walk out door. I always have a mess. Haven't seen any new containers.
Ghost, what auction place are you talking about?

#1150604 --- 02/22/10 11:52 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: sassyone]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Those blogs are great!! Thanks PT!

#1150646 --- 02/22/10 02:30 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: sassyone]
Ghosts Offline

Originally Posted By: sassyone
Ghost, what auction place are you talking about?

Great savings on Ebay! If you aren't in a big hurry, you can sometimes get even greater savings on the Auction style listings. I usually wait until I really need something, so I almost always find a "Buy It Now" deal. I have never been disappointed. Just make certain it’s a reputable seller.

#1150647 --- 02/22/10 02:30 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
Yetta Nother Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sunny and warm
Originally Posted By: Ghosts
I can't live w/o my BE. Did you know Zotos just bought the company?

Say it ain't so, Leslie! No, I hadn't heard that.

In years past, Shiseido was one of those great skin care lines and makeup that I gave up. Too expensive for this small town, low budget gal. But of all the makeup that I have ever tried . . . and we're talking a whole lot . . . BE is absolutely THE BEST!

Thanks for sharing the links.

I love Shiseido makeup....my mother has been wearing Clinique for years and her skin looks fabulous. She is 62 and doesn't look a day over 50. She swears by it. My daughter uses Clinique as well...but she's still young so.....I think gramdma sends her stuff.....lol.

#1150651 --- 02/22/10 02:38 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: sassyone]
Ghosts Offline

I always have a mess. Haven't seen any new containers.

I think that they are only using the new containers for the foundation. BTW . . . I really like the new “matte” foundation that I use in combo with the new “hydrating” mineral veil. I saved one of the new style containers, from an empty foundation, and put my mineral veil into it. What an improvement. I hope that all the products are eventually offered with the less messy containers. I still get the “dust” from the “swirl & tap”, but I haven’t spilled anything lately . . . and that is a huge plus!

#1150658 --- 02/22/10 02:59 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Thanks. I am going to have to get some more BE, because I ran it out when I got some of the Avon Minerals. I can continue using the Avon until I can find some of it on EBay. I guess I didn't realize that even BE is sold on EB.

#1150661 --- 02/22/10 03:16 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: sassyone]
Ghosts Offline

I guess I didn't realize that even BE is sold on EB.

Just about everything is sold on Ebay! I've even purchased furniture on there. The first place I check when I "need" something. lol

#1153017 --- 02/28/10 07:46 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

You can get a lot of vintage perfumes on eBay, too I think.

I went to the Rice Village Sephora yesterday as I had a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket. I got Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I'd been using Smashbox Eye Primer but the packaging stinks - a wand is so unsanitary and so much product is left in the tube it's annoying, esp. for a $19 product. I went to TFSI b/c it comes in a squeeze tube - I used a sample of it once and liked it so we'll see how it goes. I hear great things about the Urban Decay Primer but it's got such a cult following it makes me not want to use it. LOL

I also got Buxom mascara b/c that Non-Blonde blog I read recommended it - she seems like a tough customer, only uses very high-end products, so when she recommends I jump (it's how I found the Boots No. 7, too).

Then I picked up a Rosebud Salve (petroleum based - the horror! - but so effective) and an OPI polish (BYOBoy) which is a nice medium dusty pink. Needed something more professional than Chanel Vamp for client meetings. LOL

#1153100 --- 02/28/10 10:51 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Buxom - AWESOME. Worth every one of the $18. Not ready to say better than DiorShow but I really, really like it. Will see how it wears today.

#1153226 --- 02/28/10 04:32 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

Buxom - AWESOME. Worth every one of the $18. Not ready to say better than DiorShow but I really, really like it. Will see how it wears today.

Haven't tried the Buxom mascara, but I do love the Buxom lip gloss (being a "mature" gal, I just use a tiny dab on lower lip). I tried the new BareMinerals Flawless Definition mascara. That's the one that has a really nice brush, but didn't do much for my fine lashes.

Speaking of Sephora, I just ordered and tried the NARS "Super Orgasm" (Can I write that on here?) blush . . . and love it! The color looks very natural . . . peachy pink.

#1153240 --- 02/28/10 04:54 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I'm torn on Orgasm - I can't decide if I like it. I continue to sample it though so I think it's a possibility. The Super O is really pretty - they both are - I just feel like I have an undertone that isn't working. Of course, I haven't tried it in awhile and not since I got some color back after AK.

I won't hesitate to try more Buxom products going forward. I love the TFSI too - all day, working out, walking around, trip to the museum, cleaning - no creasing w/ my Dior shadow (that doesn't crease much anyway, but still)

#1153397 --- 02/28/10 08:33 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Rick-the-Builder Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Finger Lakes USA
I'm torn on Orgasm - I can't decide if I like it. I continue to sample it though so I think it's a possibility. The Super O is really pretty - they both are - I just feel like I have an undertone that isn't working. Of course, I haven't tried it in awhile and not since I got some color back after AK.

I won't hesitate to try more Buxom products going forward. I love the TFSI too - all day, working out, walking around, trip to the museum, cleaning - no creasing w/ my Dior shadow (that doesn't crease much anyway, but still)

If you only read this post out of context without reading the previous it reads pretty shocking!

#1153438 --- 02/28/10 11:08 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Yeah -- makeup names do cause a lot of confusion. When I say "wearing Dark Room" or "Blackout" it's not always obvious I mean "nail polish" and "mascara". Cosmetics companies have a strange sense of humor.

#1153752 --- 03/01/10 06:18 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: sassyone]
Ditchwitch Offline

Loc: Muddy,Swampy Places in the Fin...
Is Target the only place they sell this? Since we don't have a Target in Seneca County?

use Amazon.com, put this in:
Boots #7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum .They drop-ship from Target.

#1155223 --- 03/05/10 02:03 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ditchwitch]
Della Offline
Gold Member

I gotta tell you Ghosts thanks for the heads up on the Lacura at Aldis. I ran out of toner and rather than drive any distance I figured I'd give it a whirl. I got the Hydrating toner for sensitive skin and am really impressed so far. I NEVER would have tried it if you hadn't mentioned it.

#1155263 --- 03/05/10 06:27 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Della]
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
my fine line secret is so simple - and proven worthy. Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. I apply it under and to the sides of my eyes before I go to bed. (I used to use it just to remove make up). 44 yrs old and no lines. NONE. I met a lady years ago - she was in her 60's and she also didn't have any lines and she told me about this. So I started doing it probably 16 yrs ago.
I also love Shiseido skin care. Huge Merle Norman Fan (Charming Sisters in Victor). Latest find is TIPS (QVC) for growing my what used to be weak nails. I now have polishable real nails. (I've worn acrylic most of my adult life!)

#1155265 --- 03/05/10 06:30 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
Where's the love Offline

DermaTechnologies no longer sells Merle Norman. \:\(

#1155463 --- 03/05/10 01:55 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Try the Jane Iredale. I love her products.

#1155663 --- 03/05/10 09:01 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Where's the love Offline

i work in a friendly - guests come first environment...I hate walking into DERMATECHNOLIGIES because if you are a "walk-in" you feel like an alien with 2 heads with the audacity of invading their space. I hate that feeling.

#1155726 --- 03/06/10 04:31 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

I guess I've never felt that but it's been a while since I've been there because I no longer live in the area.

#1156217 --- 03/07/10 07:40 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I've wondered about TIPS all of these years. Interesting.

#1156313 --- 03/07/10 11:18 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Where's the love Offline

i read the pros and cons - I tried it anyways (ya know because spending $35 on nail crap is "in" these days)...but it worked for me...so far anyways. It's just not FAST enough...kind of like diet pills...no overnight cure.

#1156556 --- 03/07/10 08:57 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

WTL what more can you tell me about TIPS? I have HORRIBLE nails and would love to know of a product that would help them grow.

#1156635 --- 03/08/10 05:28 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Della]
Ghosts Offline

I gotta tell you Ghosts thanks for the heads up on the Lacura at Aldis. I ran out of toner and rather than drive any distance I figured I'd give it a whirl. I got the Hydrating toner for sensitive skin and am really impressed so far. I NEVER would have tried it if you hadn't mentioned it.

It's so nice and cheap too! I really do love the skin care products. Around some of the holidays, they come out with a body creme in a huge red jar. It is the best too. I don't know why they don't carry it year round. Also, it seems that the Audi's in Auburn carries more of the line.

#1156638 --- 03/08/10 05:33 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
Della Offline
Gold Member

So far I'm still really pleased with the cleanser and toner. Speaking of cheap I LOVE Avon's eye makeup remover. I wear waterproof everything and this takes it all off without feeling oily at all. I can usually get it on special for .99.

#1156641 --- 03/08/10 05:39 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
Ghosts Offline

Originally Posted By: Where's the love
Latest find is TIPS (QVC) for growing my what used to be weak nails. I now have polishable real nails. (I've worn acrylic most of my adult life!)

I'll have to check them out if my latest product doesn't work.

My nails were really damaged and weakened when I had some acylic ones removed. I am in the process of trying to bring them back to health. About a month ago, I started using QVC's Pink Gel Coat. My nails were so roughened up that I won't know if it will work until the damaged part grows out. I'll report back later.

#1156645 --- 03/08/10 05:57 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Took me a good year to grow out the damage done by acrylics. \:\(

#1156651 --- 03/08/10 06:21 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Della]
Where's the love Offline

Me too, I've been over a year growing out the damage from acrylic nails. Heard about TIPS, thought I'd try it and it has worked. Also, I was using Sally Hanson in a gold bottle. That worked well also. I ordered TIPS from the QVC website. once you get nails, use it on both sides. (my bragging rights are over - I broke 3 nails yesterday.) \:\( Starting all over again.

#1156656 --- 03/08/10 06:34 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Della]
Ghosts Offline

Took me a good year to grow out the damage done by acrylics. \:\(

Wow . . . I hope it doesn't take that long! I had the acrylics put on for a special occasion and only wore them for about a month. Although they looked georgous, I don't know if I would ever do it again seeing the damage to my natural nails. Now, if I could have afford to keep up the acrylics . . . that's another story.

#1156824 --- 03/08/10 03:07 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

My damage was done by the so-called problem free gels...problem free my hind quarters! All I needed was one...ONE nail to be repaired for an event...she put the gel on it...then suggested that it go on the others...said it made the nail stronger...well, poop on that! My nails just haven't survived it and after using this nail tech for 5 years I will never step foot in her establishment again. She KNEW what a problem my nails are...she just ignored my repeatedly stated wishes on that area (and admittedly I allowed her to because I thought she knew what she was talking about!) I'll try the TIPS.

And, er, thanks for the tip. ;\)

#1157437 --- 03/10/10 07:10 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

So after a couple of weeks (of using the Boots No. 7 serum) I notice that my skin looks great. No major fine-line improvement but an overall even look and smoothness. I still love the way it makes my makeup go on (it is primer like but sinks into skin so it's not quite the same). It is getting VERY humid in Houston though so I am going to need to add primer soon (I skip it sometimes just to let my face breathe).

Also testing: Cargo Lash Activator Mascara, Tarte Lash Stain, Smashbox DNA mascara. I'll keep you posted. I'm still in love with the BE Buxom.

#1157506 --- 03/10/10 09:51 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
pepper Offline

Loc: Desperately Seeking Salt
curious..what is the purpose of the primer especially during the humid season? does it help prevent shine?

#1157524 --- 03/10/10 10:08 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: pepper]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Primer just sort of "primes" the skin to give better coverage and to make the foundation "stick" I guess. I like Smashbox and Laura Geller, but there are a million of them out there and I think drugstore lines are starting to develop their own primers. Primers tend to be on the expensive side but you don't need much and they last awhile. If you are going to buy one do some online research first and maybe try sample sizes at Sephora if you can. I don't find that my primer prevents shine - I still need blotting papers and/or powder. I don't always find primer to be a necessary step (I forgot it on my wedding day, for example, but I don't think my makeup suffered) so I only use it occasionally. Now that I live somewhere with a super hot/humid summer I'm interested to see how crucial a step it becomes.

#1162476 --- 03/22/10 08:44 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

As to the original product in this thread - Boots No. 7 Perfect/Protect Serum - it's going to be a staple. If I stop using it I notice a difference almost immediately in my skin. I like the texture of the product and of my skin after I use it. I have about 2/3 of the bottle left so it's definitely long-lasting, however I am interested to see how extracting the last of the product goes as it is a pump in a glass bottle which usually means I don't get to access a lot of leftover product (annoying).

My next project: sunscreen products. Regular sunscreens are thick and they smell but I need to wear them all year round basically. I like my Cetaphil for my face but same problem - texture is yucky and I have to wait a long time to put makeup on after I use it. My cousin suggested a natural sunscreen line she's been using from Wegmans but it sounds pricey! I might need to spring for it though.

Who is using what for sunscreen?

#1197933 --- 07/08/10 12:03 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Great new (to me, not sure if it's "new") OPI for Sephora purchase: Nonfat Soy Half Caff. Super-neutral, work appropriate, summery. Kind of a warm peachy color that I can see might not work on everyone. Give it a look next time you're in Sephora. $9.

#1198145 --- 07/09/10 07:58 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Rick-the-Builder

If you only read this post out of context without reading the previous it reads pretty shocking!

tiger likes it
lol

#1198174 --- 07/09/10 08:56 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"I'm torn on Orgasm - I can't decide if I like it. I continue to sample it though so I think it's a possibility. The Super O is really pretty - they both are - I just feel like I have an undertone that isn't working. Of course, I haven't tried it in awhile and not since I got some color back after AK."

Maybe it's just not for you. Have you thought of taking up tennis, instead?

#1198175 --- 07/09/10 09:02 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: VM Smith]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Not in this heat!

#1198303 --- 07/09/10 05:24 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: VM Smith]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: VM Smith

\:D \:D \:D \:D

#1198650 --- 07/11/10 08:51 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I'm looking for a better eye makeup remover - I heard Lancome Bi-Facile is good but it's pricey. My Neutrogena isn't cutting the mascara mustard these days. Any suggestions?

#1198680 --- 07/11/10 10:47 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Any suggestions?

less makeup on means less to remove

#1198687 --- 07/11/10 10:56 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: VM Smith

she missed the joke

#1198729 --- 07/11/10 12:22 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: bluezone]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

No, I didn't. Obsessed much? I guess proving you were a huge liar & a warning from the mods wasn't enough to keep you from forum-stalking me in makeup threads. I took their advice and started ignoring you, but you seem unable to stop stalking and attempting to provoke me.

More life lessons on maturity from bluezone.

Edited by past tense (07/11/10 12:34 PM)

#1198730 --- 07/11/10 12:24 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I'm looking for a better eye makeup remover - I heard Lancome Bi-Facile is good but it's pricey. My Neutrogena isn't cutting the mascara mustard these days. Any suggestions?

#1198764 --- 07/11/10 03:31 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

This is going to sound strange but if you have it in your cupboard anyway try using coconut oil. I used it on some "permanent, non-running/smudging" eyemakeup this morning and it worked beautifully. It starts as a solid but since it melts at about 74 deg. (in other words, in your hands) it is very easy to use and is easy to wash off after you've loosened the makeup.

#1198775 --- 07/11/10 04:47 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Really!? We don't have any but it's a great way to justify the expense next time I make a run to the store - double-duty pantry item! Thanks, HP!

Have you been reading anything about argan oil? It's the "new" rage right now. Not sure if it's worth the hype - I want to go try some out before I "invest".

#1198776 --- 07/11/10 04:48 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Incidentally, I'm on my 2nd bottle of the Boots No. 7 serum that's the original subject of this thread. I love it.

#1198799 --- 07/11/10 09:19 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Really!? We don't have any but it's a great way to justify the expense next time I make a run to the store - double-duty pantry item! Thanks, HP!

Have you been reading anything about argan oil? It's the "new" rage right now. Not sure if it's worth the hype - I want to go try some out before I "invest".

I've not heard of argan oil so I'll have to do a little research. I did recently read that I should invest in some jojoba oil for my fingernails, though. They are in TERRIBLE shape and I've been working very hard to fix them. Any thoughts? They're thin and split continually as well as constant chipping...frustrating as all get out.

#1198804 --- 07/11/10 09:36 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Incidentally, I'm on my 2nd bottle of the Boots No. 7 serum that's the original subject of this thread. I love it.

I really do have to get to a Target store and buy some of this! I keep forgetting to make the effort.

#1198818 --- 07/11/10 10:16 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Red22 Offline

Loc: ny
I use the cheap equate beauty lotion to remove mascara. I have never been one to really treat myself with makeup, maybe I should start.

#1198916 --- 07/12/10 09:57 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I am a nail biter, HP so I have the same problems. If I keep mine painted all the time it helps, but I have found no "miracle" products that improve their condition.

Red22 - I eventually had to grudgingly admit that some products are better than others. I still buy drugstore cosmetics (and frankly, I don't wear/buy/use a lot of makeup) but there is definitely a difference between Cover Girl and Chanel.

I spent about $20 on a Laura Mercier lip gloss a few weeks ago - Brownberry - and it's unbelievable, the difference. I'd been using a Revlon gloss & an Arbonne gloss - this blew those out of the water.

Not to say there aren't major duds out there as far as high-end makeup goes - but I tend to test things and do a lot of research before I invest in them.

#1199323 --- 07/13/10 11:46 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I just dug out my bottle of Chanel "Vamp". Kinda dark for summer (just on my toes, though) but looks GREAT against a tan. Normally I wouldn't blow $20 on nail polish but I justified it (2 years later) by wearing it at my wedding. I also own the Black Velvet, which I also love and for some reason, also looks great with a tan!

#1199324 --- 07/13/10 11:50 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Then I picked up a Rosebud Salve (petroleum based - the horror! - but so effective) and an OPI polish (BYOBoy) which is a nice medium dusty pink. Needed something more professional than Chanel Vamp for client meetings. LOL

Note on the BYOBoy - really pretty spring/summery creamy pink but STAINS the nails badly. Really yellow when it comes off - but so pretty! Torn!

#1199358 --- 07/14/10 04:53 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

I hate when my nails stain from polish so I'll probably give this a skip. Especially on my toes...I don't wear polish on my toes in winter so if they get stained from summer polish I'm done. I just picked up Nars' Deep Throat, though. Orgasm was just too "sparkley" for me. I'm just not 20 any more! I'm also loving the Makeup Forever cream eyeshadow/cheek/lip stain I bought. Color #16. I wouldn't use it for cheeks and lips but it looks great on eyes and really does stay on without smearing or creasing. That's the stuff I tried the coconut oil on with such success. And lastly, standing at the cash register ready to cash out I grabbed a little kit from Benefit (to go) that has something called Erase Paste in it which was worth the price of the kit all by itself. Great cover-up for little flaws (ahem) and blemishes. As a bonus it has a great shadow/liner cream that happened to look great with the #16 I also bought that day.

I just love Sephora! So many choices...so little time.

#1199373 --- 07/14/10 06:01 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Ghosts Offline

Originally Posted By: HeavenlyPlaces
. Orgasm was just too "sparkley" for me. I'm just not 20 any more!

I just love Sephora! So many choices...so little time.

I am well beyond 20 and I love Orgasm! I think it looks more "sparkly" in the case then it looks on. I am very, very fair (past my real and/or fake tan years) and it looks soft and natural on my cheeks. I often get compliments on my makeup. I mostly go with a light touch on the face, but I still use eyeliner and mascara like a teen.

I plan a good part of a day when I shop at Sephora. Love it, too!

#1199375 --- 07/14/10 06:04 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
Ghosts Offline

Forgot to mention that I switched to the Super O . . . love, love, love it!

#1199383 --- 07/14/10 06:16 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

I must say you're brave. The Super O just turned me off completely...WAYYYYYYYYY too much glitter. That stuff just doesn't look right on an actual woman (as opposed to a girl) over 30.

#1199390 --- 07/14/10 06:32 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Ghosts Offline

I must say you're brave. The Super O just turned me off completely...WAYYYYYYYYY too much glitter. That stuff just doesn't look right on an actual woman (as opposed to a girl) over 30.

Now, HP, play nice please. lol I am well over 30, not that brave (when it comes to makeup), and I AM a "actual" woman. I am young at heart, blessed with good skin, and (am told) look younger then my real age. I think the trick, with O or Super O, is a very light touch for the more mature gals.

#1199462 --- 07/14/10 01:34 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Ghosts Offline

Okay, you got me worried that my Super O blush may not be appropriate for this older gal. Although my mirror is 10x power. . . .mostly used to search and destroy stray chin hairs. Ewwww . . . too much info?

Since I was going to be out and about running errands today and visiting friends, I decided to do my own unofficial survey. In order to get an honest answer (friends don't want to hurt friends' feelings), I told a little fib. I said that I was trying out a new product and had some concerns that my blush had too much sparkle for a woman of my age. I also asked the question of a couple of female cashiers - one looked to be 20 something and another maybe close to my age. Everyone (albeit a small sampling) said they didn't see any sparkles at all. All questions were asked under various interior lighting situations. Didn't run into anyone that I felt comfortable asking while I was outside. Bright sunshine may have yielded different results.

I know that sounds strange as O and Super O obviously has some element of sparkle when you open the case. I think that it's really concentrated in the case, but is a quality product with everything finely milled. Granted, it will not be for everyone and, IMO, not just for the young. This real and mature woman feels comfortable wearing it. Again, I apply it with a very light touch.

Got a promotional email from Sephora today . . . Subject: "Beauty Lust-Haves." Gonna definitely check it out.

#1199514 --- 07/14/10 07:15 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

My intention wasn't to be insulting. I'm sorry if my post seemed that way. If the "sparkles" aren't readily apparent under light, well then you're probably fine! I guess that I really was speaking for me. It's just that certain types of makeup and clothing, even if they CAN be worn by someone over 30, just shouldn't be. There are plenty who disagree with me but we're all allowed an opinion.

#1199630 --- 07/15/10 09:20 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Ghosts Offline

It's just that certain types of makeup and clothing, even if they CAN be worn by someone over 30, just shouldn't be. There are plenty who disagree with me but we're all allowed an opinion.

No insult taken. And, I agree with you. I gave up my skin tight jeans, mini skirts, Daisy Dukes, and nose ring many years ago! lol

#1199832 --- 07/15/10 10:23 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I found them both too sparkley, but I'm MUCH more tan than I was six months ago so it might be different.

I bought some beautiful NARS lipstick & lipliner. I read some ppl find NARS drying but so far, so good.

The Laura Mercier lipgloss I cannot say enough about. It's DELICIOUS.

#1199872 --- 07/16/10 05:12 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

I haven't tried the Laura Mercier lipgloss...mostly I don't really love anything on my lips (well, except for kisses) because it can feel heavy and makes me think about something being on my mouth...strange I know. That having been said, I do like the Dior glosses. Not too heavy and the colors are luscious.

#1199897 --- 07/16/10 07:33 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

I bought some beautiful NARS lipstick & lipliner. I read some ppl find NARS drying but so far, so good.

I love the NARS lipsticks & liners. I switch between NARS and Bare Escentials lipsticks. NARS stays on longer then BE on me. I only use a dab of BE gloss for "effect" when it's dress-up time . . . rare for my lifestyle.

#1200829 --- 07/19/10 01:47 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I haven't tried any BE lip products yet, but I wouldn't hesitate after trying the mascaras from Buxom. I like to take the regular BE face colors (I like "True" and "Glee") and mix them with some clear gloss. Alone or over lipstick - good for a quick fix, used it on my wedding day.

#1202906 --- 07/26/10 07:35 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I can't believe I forgot to post about this! Sephora carries a line of men's products, "Jack Black". They make a Lemon & Chammomile lip balm that you MUST buy next time you're in the store. They make one in mint but I haven't tried it. And of course, since they are men's products, they are half of what women's would cost. $7 for the lip balm and it's worth every single PENNY. It's got a great scent but absolutely no taste/flavor.

Gel formula, angled applicator, squeeze tube. I won't use any other lip balm now. Oh, and SPF 25 (a must for me now).

#1202966 --- 07/27/10 05:06 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out next time I'm in Sephora. On a VERY tragic note...I think I left my new Nars blush on the Cape this weekend I can't believe I did that!

#1203010 --- 07/27/10 08:27 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

OUCH!

#1203024 --- 07/27/10 08:50 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

What color? I have the Key Largo eye duo and I really like it.

#1203098 --- 07/27/10 03:38 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

I ended up with "Deep Throat" Great color on me! I also just bought Make Up Forever Aqua Cream #16...you can use it on lips/cheeks/eyes, though I bought it just for my eyes. It's a great color. There are others...some way too bright for me (and in colors I can't ever imagine me using on eyes but maybe lips and cheeks). What I love about it is that when you put it on it stays on...without creasing...until you remove it. Fantastic stuff!

#1203226 --- 07/28/10 04:20 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

YAY!!! I found my Nars blush All is right with the world! ;\)

#1203293 --- 07/28/10 08:33 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

What a relief!

#1203331 --- 07/28/10 09:42 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

<chuckle>

#1206021 --- 08/06/10 09:01 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Where's the love Offline

i'm more than thrilled that i found the Merle Norman studio in Victor. everyone on here talked about mineral makeup - so i tried several brands, always ended up with Merle Norman...now it comes in a compact!! OMG i LOVE IT!!

#1206141 --- 08/07/10 05:53 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Glad you found them WTL...you have to use what works for YOU. \:\)

#1206273 --- 08/07/10 08:27 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I had a tough time walking in and out of Neiman Marcus today to get to and from the car. The expensive skin care and makeup wanted me to visit them.

#1206280 --- 08/07/10 08:55 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Naughty cosmetics counters...naughty!

#1206604 --- 08/09/10 06:25 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Where's the love Offline

i have that problem at Aldo shoes - I have to atleast try on a pair or two before I can walk out...although it hurts really bad when I actually buy the shoes there - to dang expensive - but I love them!

#1206713 --- 08/09/10 02:32 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Try walking through Nordstrums! I haven't left there without trying on a couple of pair and dang...rarely do I leave without some new foot bling. Steve Madden boots!

#1207012 --- 08/10/10 05:37 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Where's the love Offline

Steve Madden is on my favorites to on=line shop. Great sales!

#1207015 --- 08/10/10 06:03 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

True. I've shopped online when I couldn't get the right size in the store.

#1208978 --- 08/17/10 06:19 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
womanvswild Offline

Loc: NYS
I thought I was the only one that didn't like Bare Essentials. It makes mt skin feel so dry. Right now I'm on the look out for a really good eye cream or gel that will get rid of the puffiness under eyes and lighten up the dark circles. I've been an Avon user for years and swear by their products but I think that their eye products suck and tired of trying them.

#1208980 --- 08/17/10 06:24 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: womanvswild]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Try Wexler Under Eye Brightening Cream. I actually like some Avon products a lot. I read an article where they compared a ton of product and avon was right up there.

#1209034 --- 08/18/10 12:02 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: womanvswild]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Some BE is great, some not so much. Their "Well Rested" eye shadow/highlighter is my favorite, and "Bisque" is a close second for a neutral eyeshadow. I wear them alone with a little eyeliner and mascara for every day, and layer eyeshadow over them on the odd day that I spend more than 10 minutes on my whole routine. I won't stop recommending their Buxom mascara though - the more I use it, the more I love it, and I'll never be without it. I'm curious if anyone has tried BE's "brushless" mascara? I'm also loving Fresh Supernova Mascara - it's softer than Buxom, and it gives a kind of dramatic/natural look. I wear it a lot during the day and save Buxom for night time.

Also, after using it for several weeks, I have to re-recommend Laura Mercier's Brownberry lip gloss. Someone go test it and tell me what they think already!

#1209211 --- 08/18/10 04:30 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
womanvswild Offline

Della, thanks, Is this in our local department stores or special order? Avon has been my choice of skin treatments for awhile now and I believe in their products big time. I just wish they would do more research on their eye products.

#1220885 --- 09/24/10 03:17 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Chelle Offline

Loc: a thoughtful place
What Lancome moisturizer were you using? Their new Hypnose Drama mascara is amazing, definitely a night time look.

#1220916 --- 09/24/10 04:15 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Chelle]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

The best $20 I've spent in years was on my Yoga mat. Light, portable, comfy seating anywhere, anytime.

#1248374 --- 01/20/11 02:40 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: twocats]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

My new yoga blog: https://myyogayear.wordpress.com/

I'm still using the Boots No. 7 serum. When I stop there is a noticeable difference in the texture of my skin. I'm using their day cream now, too. I like it but it's not the be-all end-all. Good but not great. On the other hand, it's so humid here and I don't need much moisturizing.

I picked up a new Chanel nail polish recently - Particuliere. Kind of gray/brown mushroom color which sounds awful but it's GORGEOUS. I saw a similar color at the Sally Hansen display at Target display but forgot to write down the name. \:\(

#1248401 --- 01/20/11 05:29 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

I forgot to check out the product. I'm so glad you posted again. I'll make a note of it and try, once again, to remember to buy the product.

#1249026 --- 01/23/11 11:29 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I had stepped away from it for awhile and when I started using it again I saw an almost immediate improvement. They are now making it in a squeeze tube, which I prefer both for travel and for getting all the product. Pumps leave behind a lot of product, so when it gets low I have to store it upside down and get it out that way. If I pay $20 for something I want to be able to use all of it.

#1249409 --- 01/24/11 08:25 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Where's the love Offline

I will share: I bought the most awesome stuff while in Las Vegas! VIVO Per Lei Dead Sea Minerals. I LOVE THIS STUFF! Really stinks hitting "middle age". My skin is doing some wacky stuff but I always hate how makeup tends to be cakey and uneven due to my uneven skin "conditions" (oily T zone and dry every where else). This VIVO stuff exfoliates and gives me this awesome glowy dewy youthful looking skin! I LOVE IT. Can't wait to go back to Vegas to get more of this stuff in April. I only use it once every 2 weeks.

#1253351 --- 02/09/11 07:47 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

My newest love for nails:

Particuliere by Chanel - major splurge ($22 for nail polish? I know, but I had a bad day & I deserved it.) Gorgeous mushroom color that looks horrifying in the bottle and so. beautiful. on nails.

Essie - lots of love for all the products I've tried so far, but the "Good to Go" fast-drying top coat. SO shiny, very fast drying, very long lasting.

The other thing I like about Essie is they make their collections available in "mini" bottles. Cheaper & more cost-effective for those of us who are not in a constant state of manicure-ness.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >