FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#1206273 --- 08/07/10 08:27 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I had a tough time walking in and out of Neiman Marcus today to get to and from the car. The expensive skin care and makeup wanted me to visit them.

FingerLakes1.com
#1206280 --- 08/07/10 08:55 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Someplace Else
Naughty cosmetics counters...naughty!

#1206604 --- 08/09/10 06:25 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
i have that problem at Aldo shoes - I have to atleast try on a pair or two before I can walk out...although it hurts really bad when I actually buy the shoes there - to dang expensive - but I love them!

#1206713 --- 08/09/10 02:32 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Try walking through Nordstrums! I haven't left there without trying on a couple of pair and dang...rarely do I leave without some new foot bling. Steve Madden boots!

#1207012 --- 08/10/10 05:37 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Where's the love Offline

Steve Madden is on my favorites to on=line shop. Great sales!

#1207015 --- 08/10/10 06:03 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

True. I've shopped online when I couldn't get the right size in the store.

#1208978 --- 08/17/10 06:19 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
womanvswild Offline

Loc: NYS
I thought I was the only one that didn't like Bare Essentials. It makes mt skin feel so dry. Right now I'm on the look out for a really good eye cream or gel that will get rid of the puffiness under eyes and lighten up the dark circles. I've been an Avon user for years and swear by their products but I think that their eye products suck and tired of trying them.

#1208980 --- 08/17/10 06:24 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: womanvswild]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
Try Wexler Under Eye Brightening Cream. I actually like some Avon products a lot. I read an article where they compared a ton of product and avon was right up there.

#1209034 --- 08/18/10 12:02 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: womanvswild]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Some BE is great, some not so much. Their "Well Rested" eye shadow/highlighter is my favorite, and "Bisque" is a close second for a neutral eyeshadow. I wear them alone with a little eyeliner and mascara for every day, and layer eyeshadow over them on the odd day that I spend more than 10 minutes on my whole routine. I won't stop recommending their Buxom mascara though - the more I use it, the more I love it, and I'll never be without it. I'm curious if anyone has tried BE's "brushless" mascara? I'm also loving Fresh Supernova Mascara - it's softer than Buxom, and it gives a kind of dramatic/natural look. I wear it a lot during the day and save Buxom for night time.

Also, after using it for several weeks, I have to re-recommend Laura Mercier's Brownberry lip gloss. Someone go test it and tell me what they think already!

#1209211 --- 08/18/10 04:30 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
womanvswild Offline

Della, thanks, Is this in our local department stores or special order? Avon has been my choice of skin treatments for awhile now and I believe in their products big time. I just wish they would do more research on their eye products.

#1220885 --- 09/24/10 03:17 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Chelle Offline

Loc: a thoughtful place
What Lancome moisturizer were you using? Their new Hypnose Drama mascara is amazing, definitely a night time look.

#1220916 --- 09/24/10 04:15 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Chelle]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

The best $20 I've spent in years was on my Yoga mat. Light, portable, comfy seating anywhere, anytime.

#1248374 --- 01/20/11 02:40 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: twocats]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

My new yoga blog: https://myyogayear.wordpress.com/

I'm still using the Boots No. 7 serum. When I stop there is a noticeable difference in the texture of my skin. I'm using their day cream now, too. I like it but it's not the be-all end-all. Good but not great. On the other hand, it's so humid here and I don't need much moisturizing.

I picked up a new Chanel nail polish recently - Particuliere. Kind of gray/brown mushroom color which sounds awful but it's GORGEOUS. I saw a similar color at the Sally Hansen display at Target display but forgot to write down the name. \:\(

#1248401 --- 01/20/11 05:29 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

I forgot to check out the product. I'm so glad you posted again. I'll make a note of it and try, once again, to remember to buy the product.

#1249026 --- 01/23/11 11:29 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I had stepped away from it for awhile and when I started using it again I saw an almost immediate improvement. They are now making it in a squeeze tube, which I prefer both for travel and for getting all the product. Pumps leave behind a lot of product, so when it gets low I have to store it upside down and get it out that way. If I pay $20 for something I want to be able to use all of it.

#1249409 --- 01/24/11 08:25 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Where's the love Offline

I will share: I bought the most awesome stuff while in Las Vegas! VIVO Per Lei Dead Sea Minerals. I LOVE THIS STUFF! Really stinks hitting "middle age". My skin is doing some wacky stuff but I always hate how makeup tends to be cakey and uneven due to my uneven skin "conditions" (oily T zone and dry every where else). This VIVO stuff exfoliates and gives me this awesome glowy dewy youthful looking skin! I LOVE IT. Can't wait to go back to Vegas to get more of this stuff in April. I only use it once every 2 weeks.

#1253351 --- 02/09/11 07:47 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Where's the love]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

My newest love for nails:

Particuliere by Chanel - major splurge ($22 for nail polish? I know, but I had a bad day & I deserved it.) Gorgeous mushroom color that looks horrifying in the bottle and so. beautiful. on nails.

Essie - lots of love for all the products I've tried so far, but the "Good to Go" fast-drying top coat. SO shiny, very fast drying, very long lasting.

The other thing I like about Essie is they make their collections available in "mini" bottles. Cheaper & more cost-effective for those of us who are not in a constant state of manicure-ness.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6