FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1198145 --- 07/09/10 07:58 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Rick-the-Builder
Originally Posted By: past tense
I'm torn on Orgasm - I can't decide if I like it. I continue to sample it though so I think it's a possibility. The Super O is really pretty - they both are - I just feel like I have an undertone that isn't working. Of course, I haven't tried it in awhile and not since I got some color back after AK.

I won't hesitate to try more Buxom products going forward. I love the TFSI too - all day, working out, walking around, trip to the museum, cleaning - no creasing w/ my Dior shadow (that doesn't crease much anyway, but still)

If you only read this post out of context without reading the previous it reads pretty shocking!

tiger likes it
lol

FingerLakes1.com
#1198174 --- 07/09/10 08:56 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"I'm torn on Orgasm - I can't decide if I like it. I continue to sample it though so I think it's a possibility. The Super O is really pretty - they both are - I just feel like I have an undertone that isn't working. Of course, I haven't tried it in awhile and not since I got some color back after AK."

Maybe it's just not for you. Have you thought of taking up tennis, instead?

#1198175 --- 07/09/10 09:02 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: VM Smith]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Not in this heat!

#1198303 --- 07/09/10 05:24 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: VM Smith]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: VM Smith

\:D \:D \:D \:D

#1198650 --- 07/11/10 08:51 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I'm looking for a better eye makeup remover - I heard Lancome Bi-Facile is good but it's pricey. My Neutrogena isn't cutting the mascara mustard these days. Any suggestions?

#1198680 --- 07/11/10 10:47 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Any suggestions?

less makeup on means less to remove

#1198687 --- 07/11/10 10:56 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: VM Smith

she missed the joke

#1198729 --- 07/11/10 12:22 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: bluezone]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

No, I didn't. Obsessed much? I guess proving you were a huge liar & a warning from the mods wasn't enough to keep you from forum-stalking me in makeup threads. I took their advice and started ignoring you, but you seem unable to stop stalking and attempting to provoke me.

More life lessons on maturity from bluezone.

Edited by past tense (07/11/10 12:34 PM)

#1198730 --- 07/11/10 12:24 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I'm looking for a better eye makeup remover - I heard Lancome Bi-Facile is good but it's pricey. My Neutrogena isn't cutting the mascara mustard these days. Any suggestions?

#1198764 --- 07/11/10 03:31 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Someplace Else
This is going to sound strange but if you have it in your cupboard anyway try using coconut oil. I used it on some "permanent, non-running/smudging" eyemakeup this morning and it worked beautifully. It starts as a solid but since it melts at about 74 deg. (in other words, in your hands) it is very easy to use and is easy to wash off after you've loosened the makeup.

#1198775 --- 07/11/10 04:47 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Really!? We don't have any but it's a great way to justify the expense next time I make a run to the store - double-duty pantry item! Thanks, HP!

Have you been reading anything about argan oil? It's the "new" rage right now. Not sure if it's worth the hype - I want to go try some out before I "invest".

#1198776 --- 07/11/10 04:48 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Incidentally, I'm on my 2nd bottle of the Boots No. 7 serum that's the original subject of this thread. I love it.

#1198799 --- 07/11/10 09:19 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Really!? We don't have any but it's a great way to justify the expense next time I make a run to the store - double-duty pantry item! Thanks, HP!

Have you been reading anything about argan oil? It's the "new" rage right now. Not sure if it's worth the hype - I want to go try some out before I "invest".

I've not heard of argan oil so I'll have to do a little research. I did recently read that I should invest in some jojoba oil for my fingernails, though. They are in TERRIBLE shape and I've been working very hard to fix them. Any thoughts? They're thin and split continually as well as constant chipping...frustrating as all get out.

#1198804 --- 07/11/10 09:36 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Incidentally, I'm on my 2nd bottle of the Boots No. 7 serum that's the original subject of this thread. I love it.

I really do have to get to a Target store and buy some of this! I keep forgetting to make the effort.

#1198818 --- 07/11/10 10:16 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Red22 Offline

Loc: ny
I use the cheap equate beauty lotion to remove mascara. I have never been one to really treat myself with makeup, maybe I should start.

#1198916 --- 07/12/10 09:57 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I am a nail biter, HP so I have the same problems. If I keep mine painted all the time it helps, but I have found no "miracle" products that improve their condition.

Red22 - I eventually had to grudgingly admit that some products are better than others. I still buy drugstore cosmetics (and frankly, I don't wear/buy/use a lot of makeup) but there is definitely a difference between Cover Girl and Chanel.

I spent about $20 on a Laura Mercier lip gloss a few weeks ago - Brownberry - and it's unbelievable, the difference. I'd been using a Revlon gloss & an Arbonne gloss - this blew those out of the water.

Not to say there aren't major duds out there as far as high-end makeup goes - but I tend to test things and do a lot of research before I invest in them.

#1199323 --- 07/13/10 11:46 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I just dug out my bottle of Chanel "Vamp". Kinda dark for summer (just on my toes, though) but looks GREAT against a tan. Normally I wouldn't blow $20 on nail polish but I justified it (2 years later) by wearing it at my wedding. I also own the Black Velvet, which I also love and for some reason, also looks great with a tan!

#1199324 --- 07/13/10 11:50 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Then I picked up a Rosebud Salve (petroleum based - the horror! - but so effective) and an OPI polish (BYOBoy) which is a nice medium dusty pink. Needed something more professional than Chanel Vamp for client meetings. LOL

Note on the BYOBoy - really pretty spring/summery creamy pink but STAINS the nails badly. Really yellow when it comes off - but so pretty! Torn!

#1199358 --- 07/14/10 04:53 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

I hate when my nails stain from polish so I'll probably give this a skip. Especially on my toes...I don't wear polish on my toes in winter so if they get stained from summer polish I'm done. I just picked up Nars' Deep Throat, though. Orgasm was just too "sparkley" for me. I'm just not 20 any more! I'm also loving the Makeup Forever cream eyeshadow/cheek/lip stain I bought. Color #16. I wouldn't use it for cheeks and lips but it looks great on eyes and really does stay on without smearing or creasing. That's the stuff I tried the coconut oil on with such success. And lastly, standing at the cash register ready to cash out I grabbed a little kit from Benefit (to go) that has something called Erase Paste in it which was worth the price of the kit all by itself. Great cover-up for little flaws (ahem) and blemishes. As a bonus it has a great shadow/liner cream that happened to look great with the #16 I also bought that day.

I just love Sephora! So many choices...so little time.

#1199373 --- 07/14/10 06:01 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: HeavenlyPlaces
. Orgasm was just too "sparkley" for me. I'm just not 20 any more!

I just love Sephora! So many choices...so little time.

I am well beyond 20 and I love Orgasm! I think it looks more "sparkly" in the case then it looks on. I am very, very fair (past my real and/or fake tan years) and it looks soft and natural on my cheeks. I often get compliments on my makeup. I mostly go with a light touch on the face, but I still use eyeliner and mascara like a teen.

I plan a good part of a day when I shop at Sephora. Love it, too!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >