FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1150046 --- 02/21/10 10:10 AM Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I bought Boots #7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum after reading zillions of reviews online touting it's benefits. I've only used it for about a week and the texture of my skin is phenomenal - the difference to the touch is incredible, but it looks great. I'm lucky and I have good skin so I don't have lots of deep wrinkles but I have plenty of fine lines so I'll come back in three weeks and let you know if they've been "visibly reduced". In the meantime I love the way it makes my skin feel and the way it makes my (mineral) makeup look smoother. It's almost like a primer but slightly less greasy and it sinks into the skin really well.

Last word: RUN TO TARGET. BUY THIS.

FingerLakes1.com
#1150054 --- 02/21/10 10:49 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Happy Birthday reilley Offline
Silver Member

Loc: between here and there
I will have to try it .

#1150070 --- 02/21/10 11:10 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: reilley]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca Falls,NY,
Is Target the only place they sell this? Since we don't have a Target in Seneca County?

#1150086 --- 02/21/10 11:44 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: sassyone]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

You can order it online (direct or through Target) Target is the only retailer.

#1150121 --- 02/21/10 01:24 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
I missed that one in my "research."

I am one that always tried the latest in the skin care lines . . . you know, the really expensive stuff at department stores or on-line at Sephora. When I was forced to look for ways to trim my budget and cut expenses, my expensive skin care products were at the top of the list.

After reading reviews on various “lower end” skin care lines, I decided to try Audi’s Lacura Skin Care line. I had my doubts as it was so inexpensive (I think everything is under $10.00) and I have extremely sensitive skin. After using most of the line for about a year, I have to tell you that most of the products work very well for me. Although I didn’t have a problem with the Lacura undereye (my problem area) cream, I did go back to a more expensive cream. I jump in glee at how much I “save” in money and still get pretty much the same results.

BTW . . . I did not like any of the Lacura makeup products. Again, in an attempt to cut costs, I tried quite a few “lower end” lines. I always go back to my BE mineral makeup. I decided that I must have this indulgence. Although, I do buy it at a lower cost though “the” on-line auction site.

Edited by Ghosts (02/21/10 02:56 PM)

#1150160 --- 02/21/10 03:01 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I can't live w/o my BE. Did you know Zotos just bought the company? Maybe they'll have it available at future in-house sales (not this one coming up I'm sure). They sell BE at my grocery store here!

I have sensitive skin but I've never gone completely high end for my skin care. Cetaphil works for me, though their day lotion w/ sunscreen is a little heavy. I loved Lancome but they changed the formulation of the one I liked so - eh! I also love the Philosophy micropeel - so gentle but very effective.

Give the Boots a shot. I plan on trying their day/night creams next. I didn't have to worry about SPF as much in Alaska - except for 24 hours a day in June and July LOL - but here it's a must and the Cetaphil is proving too heavy, combined with the humidity (AK is dry, dry, dry so the heavier the cream the better). I'll check out your recommends!

Here are a few great beauty blogs I read and love btw:

http://thenonblonde.blogspot.com/

http://www.makeupalley.com/

http://www.bellasugar.com/

Once the Non Blonde recommended Boots I was sold.

#1150190 --- 02/21/10 03:59 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

Originally Posted By: past tense
I can't live w/o my BE. Did you know Zotos just bought the company?

Say it ain't so, Leslie! No, I hadn't heard that.

In years past, Shiseido was one of those great skin care lines and makeup that I gave up. Too expensive for this small town, low budget gal. But of all the makeup that I have ever tried . . . and we're talking a whole lot . . . BE is absolutely THE BEST!

Thanks for sharing the links.

#1150248 --- 02/21/10 05:50 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca Falls,NY,
Zotos bought BE? What about on QVC? Will it still be on QVC? I know you can get it at Sephora but that requires a trip to Eastview and everytime I go there I never think of it, so end up calling up QVC and ordering it.
I tried Avon minerals--OK, but its not BE and no mineral veil.
I've also got the Lacura mask, It does feel nice, only used it twice so far.

#1150250 --- 02/21/10 05:56 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: sassyone]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Sorry it was actually Shiseido that bought BE.

#1150255 --- 02/21/10 06:02 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: sassyone]
Ghosts Offline

I often watch QVC to check out the new products, but I mostly buy my BE on the auction website. Been buying there for years and have not been disappointed in the savings. I don't bother with bidding. I just find the best “Buy It Now” deal from a reputable seller. No other minerals makeup can compare to BE.

The few times I get out to Victor, Sephora is always on my list. I like to go in there to check out the new products, but rarely purchase anything.

#1150259 --- 02/21/10 06:07 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

It's the most obnoxious place to shop except for Abercrombie. I'd rather shop Sephora online. But I like to test so...you have to brave it once in awhile.

I have a Too Faced liquid eyeliner I love - it's a brush but I can actually use it. I bought the Fresh Lemon perfume there too - smelled like lemon Pledge to me. Not great.

#1150267 --- 02/21/10 06:23 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

Have you tried the new solid pencil eyeliner by BE? It's fabulous! Pencil on one end and a smudger tip on the other. It goes on smooth and has enough moisture for a short time to enable you to smudge it if you want. After it drys, it stays until I wash it away.

The only downside to BE is that my dressing table and surrounding areas are always "dusty" (tapping, swirling, SPILLING, etc.) The new container, for the foundation, is a great improvement.

I like the new mascara brush, but I have to apply too many layers of product to build up and fill out my long, but very fine, lashes. I'm going back to the Almay Triple Effect mascara.

#1150300 --- 02/21/10 07:35 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I haven't tried the BE liner but I heard the Buxom mascara is awesome; I'll definitely try the liner. I have to say I adore Cover Girl Lashlights - the tinted ones. You can't tell it's tinted and the formula is smooooooooooth. I also like L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous but it's impossible to remove it all - I always wake up w/ product under my eyes. What remover do you use? Neutrogena doesn't work on heavy formulations at all.

I have the same mess problem w/ BE but I haven't seen the new packaging. I'll have to check it out. They are impossible to travel with for me - I wonder if their retractable travel brush is any good. The one thing I really need is new makeup brushes. BADLY.

#1150302 --- 02/21/10 07:45 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
Ghosts Offline

I just use the Lacura cleanser. It's gentle, removes makeup well, and it's really cheap. I follow that with the Lacura toner . . . the whole regiment.

The retractable brushes are a BIG waste of money. All of my BE friends feel the same. It's really the only BE product that ever really disappointed me.

#1150304 --- 02/21/10 07:53 PM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Ghosts]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Say no more. I'm suspect of the entire concept anyway. I'll give the cleanser a shot but I'm telling you - nothing can remove that Carbon Black Voluminous. The look is great (better than DiorShow I think) but it's just never going to come off.

I've been tempted to try YSL mascara but right now my brain keeps telling me I need brushes not another $30 mascara LOL

#1150412 --- 02/22/10 04:33 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Someplace Else
I love the Jane Iredale mineral foundation. I use the pressed minerals but they have a loose line as well. It's not so easy for me to find here but Dermatech in Geneva sells the line as well as the Merle Norman cosmetics (which I don't love) and their own line of skin care products (some good, some so-so) but it's definitely worth a trip to check out.

PT I will have to check out the Boots products as I have an expensive "product" habit....definitely a product junkie here!

#1150451 --- 02/22/10 05:10 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Oh I love makeup threads!!!

#1150452 --- 02/22/10 05:11 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Della]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Someplace Else
I know! Me too!! Helps keep my addiction fed!

#1150476 --- 02/22/10 05:48 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
Della Offline
Gold Member

It's so much nicer to try things others have recommended. That said I HATED Bare Essentials!

#1150508 --- 02/22/10 06:58 AM Re: Best $20 I've Spent in 6 Months [Re: Della]
LOTE Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Lurking
I love BE \:\)

If you're not livin on the edge
you're not livin

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >