FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 36 of 36 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36
Topic Options
#1112394 --- 11/30/09 03:24 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
centurion Offline

Loc: lodi express track
Originally Posted By: Hillbilly_Billy
Originally Posted By: kyle585
Originally Posted By: dieselman
On the mining I really believe they will be mined in the near future as commodity prices increase it will be economicly feasible to do it.
Hillbille says we are going to dump garbage there for 14 more years. You have said we will be mining there in 20 years. Do you think both of you could be right?

Why can't we both be right. Were you hiding behind the door when they handed out the comprehension part of the brain. Of course that is giving you an assumed credit of having some mass of cranial biology.
Well it is quite obvious you know something about MASS

FingerLakes1.com
#1112413 --- 11/30/09 03:56 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: dieselman]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

Loc: No where but here
Originally Posted By: dieselman
You are an idiot. You want more industry and jobs for the area but you oppose improving rail transport. The landfill can't bring in anymore garbage than they do now. Your chances of doing anything to stop it are slim at best. They have legal and binding contracts for 14 more years and you aren't going to stop them or slow them down. That's why I say the only way to reduce the amount to go into the landfill is by reducing the amount available to go into the landfill by recycling more. Your group will get a lot farther this way than trying to stop SM.

First of all don't hate...it's ugly, name calling is truly uncalled for and makes you look unintelligent
Second I'm all for rail transport for PEOPLE not trash.
Third: I too am all for reducing the amount of trash we as individuals use!
Fourth: I don't want the mine and will fight to stop it....

Most important: Concerned Citizens of Seneca County Meeting TONIGHT VFW Elisha St Waterloo 6:30 PM!

#1112555 --- 11/30/09 09:37 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Roadtrip2nowhere]
Code Red Offline

Loc: Out of my mind....
I truly believe the rail spurr was a last minuet idea. The rail line was going to be upgraded to Lyons and hey, I got an idea. Well one benefit that some aren't thinking of is. Yes they are taking maybe 10% of the truck traffic off the roads. But does this balance out the amount of tax payers money being spent. And, and a big and at that, The landfill will benefit solely, from the spurr. The cost savings for transportation of the garbage, combined with slightly lower tipping fees, makes Seneca Meadows really attractive to other communities looking to dispose of their trash.
And with the amount of exposure Seneca Meadows is getting, it may be hard to get another expansion. And if they are denied another expansion, all the money spent on the spurr is waisted. So to spend that kind of money on a landfill with only 14 more years guaranteed is beyond foolish.
And sorry Jack, just when I thought there was a glimmer of hope in you, you shot that down.I respect the fact you talked with Gentilcore, I really do. But in 20 seconds time, your voice changed, your expressions changed, and you were as giddy as a 14 year old boy on his first date. Seneca Meadows has had lots of practice shoveling bull crap. You sat down with professional crap slingers and you made it sound like you bought it hook, line, and the sinker was in sight. I can do lots of research right here, and yes dieslman, in some ways my thinking on SM has been tweaked around. There are just as many pro sites as there are con sites. Seneca Meadows does seem to be following the laws right to the letter. They have a good reputation for the newer sections of the landfill. And they run a really smooth operation. BUT their business is based on very unethical practices to achieve their goals. Just like the Native Americans, they pay super inflated prices for the land so the sellers just can't refuse. Why did they pay $900,000 for farm land that was only valued at a little over $200,000 ? Because they wanted it that bad. Everything has a price you just have to want it bad enough. The money they will save if the mine is approved, in hauling in clay, the land will pay for itself.
They have two other choices they can make. #1 They have plenty of other land, pick a spot not right on the border of the village. #2. If you can bring in garbage by train, bring in your clay the same way, and leave the land alone.
#2 Is the best alternative yet. The rail spurr is basically a done deal. No input from the residents what so ever, all behind closed doors, piss on the people. But ship the clay in by rail and leave the land alone. I dare to bet Most, not all the resedents would trade the rail spurr, for the strip mine in a heart beat. But there would have to be a guarantee that the strip mine would NEVER come back to the table again.

There, us anti mine people are continually blasted for not coming up with alternatives, there I think is a good one. We have to live with the dump another 14 years, no ifs, ands, or buts. The rail spurr as unethical as it is, is basically a done deal, so lets use it to benefit everyone some what.

#1112566 --- 11/30/09 10:00 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Code Red]
dieselman Offline

Loc: NY
I think that is a excellent idea for a compromise but I don't think the rail spur is a done deal. There are a lot of communities in the running for that stimulus money. There are alot more projects than money available I'm sure.

#1112576 --- 11/30/09 10:25 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: dieselman]
Code Red Offline

Oh you got some of the top crooks in politics pushing for it, it will happen. And of course with all the crossing up grades of course Waterloo and Seneca County are on board. Trust me its a done deal.

#1112577 --- 11/30/09 10:26 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Code Red]
Code Red Offline

Hey we finally agreed on something. Maybe we are both not as big azzholes as we thought of eachother.

#1112624 --- 12/01/09 04:21 AM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Code Red]
Mountain Man Offline

Loc: out there
That compromise would satisfy all the not in my back yarders who only became outraged with SM when it was about to devalue their property. It doesn't address the massive rape of this county.

I suppose it is better than nothing, but just how much "construction debris" does one think there is in NYC? The spur is the beginning of more unregulated garbage coming in.

How about adding a citizen oversight group to the inbound poison to be sure it is not filled with illegal stuff? Or if you think we might all be too stupid to learn about what poisons us, have a position on site funded in such a way as that person or group is not sympathetic to SM but sympathetic to the residents and the law.

#1112691 --- 12/01/09 07:36 AM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Mountain Man]
Code Red Offline

I believe that is a very good idea. Let me state that I have never said anyone of us is stupid. That way of thinking has come from the SM side. This was just a thought that went through my mind after I got home from the meeting. Out of the three things (the landfill, the rail spurr, the clay mine) The clay mine is the only one we have any shot of stopping. But with that idea, and if SM would adopt that as their goal, we could take the clay mine right off the table. Once the mine is scrapped, then commence with rules and regulations to make the landfill more accountable about what is coming in. Unfortunately there is no way of holding the people accountable about what they are tossing on the train, at least by our resedents. Just like the pop bottle machines, how many people bring in dirty bottles? Not many but it would only take one to spoil the process.
Also, it would have to be stressed that this would in no way, shape or form, ever be a open door to taking in larger amounts of trash in the future, not going to happen.
If you read between the lines, the spurr is a done deal, no input from any tax payer is ever going to be involved. They are looking after their own best interest and not ours.
I personally don't want to see either of these, the train or the strip mine, but the mine is and will always be unacceptable in my book.If this is getting heated now, just wait another 14 years when they need expansion, or close, bet it gets much hotter.

#1112696 --- 12/01/09 07:54 AM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Code Red]
Mountain Man Offline

The train assure larger loads of just about anything they can toss in. If it isn't policed, it will be a mess, much like what comes in on trucks is a mess, only worse.

How much do you want to bet that there are sizable amounts of trash coming in that is illegal. Can I prove it? Only in a small way as I have seen what has gone into local garbage trucks unabated and never to be seen again.

#1112713 --- 12/01/09 08:21 AM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Mountain Man]
Code Red Offline

You are 100% right, and I am probably just as guilty as most people on here. Before the days of Hazardous waste collection days, I have tossed paint cans, and other things into the trash that didn't belong there. But I have grown to realize these things are and were wrong. And with the trains and large trash trucks, there are things sealed in those bags of garbage we don't know about. And I am sure no one is ever going to rip into every bag and inspect it for unapproved contents. This is the sad part of the landfill even being here.If we could only go back in time to when SM bought the rights to the land that included the dump. I'll bet nobody ever imagined that handshake that sealed the deal was a hand shake with the devil.

#1112746 --- 12/01/09 08:57 AM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Code Red]
Mountain Man Offline

You're right, CodeRed. It was a poisonous handshake, and we were pricked with the poisonous needle.

You and me and many who are against this horrid mess may understand what shouldn't go in the trash, but I can assure you, I have seen improper refuse picked up and brought to the SM from our locales. Everyone knows it's true. No one can stop it, and SM doesn't give a hoot. Or if they do give a hoot (which I seriously doubt) they are unable to stop it.

#1112911 --- 12/01/09 01:39 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Mountain Man]
Code Red Offline

I saw this as Greymanes tag line. It is so true and should be pointed out to Mr. Freer.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with errors. - T Jefferson

Afetr his talks with Gentilcore.

#1112916 --- 12/01/09 01:54 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Code Red]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

Loc: No where but here
I think Mr F. either has gone to the dark side or just about there with booth feet in the door!!!

#1112923 --- 12/01/09 02:13 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Roadtrip2nowhere]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
And you almost couldn't keep yourself from yelling, "Get a room!".
I wish I'd thought of it, and said it; I think everyone there would have laughed, and he would have sat down.

Talk about a man being owned....

#1112926 --- 12/01/09 02:27 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Code Red]
oops12 Offline

Loc: Absent
Originally Posted By: Code Red
Oh you got some of the top crooks in politics pushing for it, it will happen. And of course with all the crossing up grades of course Waterloo and Seneca County are on board. Trust me its a done deal.

Unfortunately, I'm inclined to agree. \:\( It's only a matter of time.

#1112935 --- 12/01/09 03:26 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: oops12]
Ray O'Sunshine Offline

Loc: Seneca Meadows
Here is a good one. Seneca Meadows has all this money invested anyone know who is guarenteeing their money? Anyone, Bueller? How about Seneca Counties own IDA. Bingo.

Maybe when Jack said he went out to the landfill, he just forgot that Suzie, was with him.Not saying she was but it wouldn't surprise me..

#1139458 --- 01/28/10 08:16 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Roadtrip2nowhere]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Any response? Any status?

Page 36 of 36 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36