FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1134713 --- 01/19/10 03:20 PM Area Pizza Prices Going Up
Another Year Offline

Loc: NY
Ordered large pizza w/on topping and a doz mild wings from Ciccino's yesterday delivered with a $2 tip to the driver the total was a socking $27.00. Is this what we are looking forward to

FingerLakes1.com
#1134717 --- 01/19/10 03:26 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Another Year]
enda Offline

Loc: ny
Chef-boy-rdee family size pizza mix $2.96 at Walmart. Makes a cookie sheet plus a 12 inch pizza pan and tastes great! The sauce is really good.

#1134724 --- 01/19/10 03:37 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: enda]
Another Year Offline

Mark's Pizza coupons actually look pretty good

#1134727 --- 01/19/10 03:40 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Another Year]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
Avocollis is the same cost. When did Pizza and Wings start pushing the 30 dollar mark?

Ridiculous.

#1134728 --- 01/19/10 03:44 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Another Year Offline

Since Ciccino's raised their prices,must have known Palermo's was closing, keep you eye on coupons for the best deals and hold them.

#1134734 --- 01/19/10 03:52 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Another Year]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: Another Year
Since Ciccino's raised their prices,must have known Palermo's was closing, keep you eye on coupons for the best deals and hold them.

That, and the fact that food in general sky rocketed with the price of gasoline. Food doesn't get here for free, and the price of flour went up with transportation costs.

But... you might be on to something about less competition driving up the price too.

#1134737 --- 01/19/10 03:57 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Another Year]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
From Aldi's I get
`A/P flour
Olive Oil
Mushroom spaghetti sauce
canned mushrooms
peperoni
mozzarella cheese
sausage
brocolli
onions
chicken wings

Yeast from a commercial store (Aldi's doesn't sell yeast)

I make my own dough and pizzas and fry the chicken wings... Classic *pizza night* dinner for a 1/4 of the price also no tip and no waiting for delivery

#1134753 --- 01/19/10 04:27 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
no doubt Offline

Loc: hometown: Waterloo
You get what you pay for. Anythng cheap may not be the best bargain ....

#1134755 --- 01/19/10 04:28 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Josephus]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Josephus

That, and the fact that food in general sky rocketed with the price of gasoline. Food doesn't get here for free, and the price of flour went up with transportation costs.

But... you might be on to something about less competition driving up the price too.

Or it could just be greed and abuse of customers pocketbooks

#1134761 --- 01/19/10 04:36 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Another Year]
angela Offline

Loc: usa
I make homemade pizza and wings on the weekends..Its cheaper and I know whats going on it.. \:D Its yummy and less expensive..

#1134763 --- 01/19/10 04:38 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: angela]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Good for you!

#1134776 --- 01/19/10 04:57 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA
I love homemade pizza. I miss those stone oven pizzas we used to get at the little shops in Europe.

#1134779 --- 01/19/10 05:08 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: no doubt]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: no doubt
You get what you pay for. Anythng cheap may not be the best bargain ....

95% of my cooking is with Aldi's food, and it tastes just as good as Wegman/Tops/P&C etc etc. However I don't like Aldi's saltines, "triscuts", graham crackers, or condensed soup in a can. Other than that I LOVE Aldi's!

My parents for instance wouldn't be caught dead in an Aldi's or eat "generic food" However when my parents were at our house for dinner and we were finished and everyone was raving about the meal....I fessed up and told my parents everything was from Aldi's....they were shocked

Most "generics" are the same exact brand just different packaging. Just like when I worked at UltraLife Batteries, in the 9volt lithium battery area half the night they used energizer labels and after all orders were filled they would change the stickers over to *UltraLife* stickers....same exact battery same everything just different wrapper and different price. Just like my friend who worked at a bagel factory... same machines same process just 4 different lines 1 line was bagged as Lenders, One as NY Bagel, One a Wegmans, and the other line was bagged as food club

#1134780 --- 01/19/10 05:09 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

How about those Pizza Hut 10 dollar anyway you want it pies?

#1134781 --- 01/19/10 05:09 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Greymane]
Oldgzr Offline

Mark's is only serving 10 chicken wings per order now. They didn't raise the price, they give you less wings. I'm sure going to miss Palermo's wings. They were better than Mark's by a long shot.

#1134792 --- 01/19/10 05:24 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Oldgzr]
no doubt Offline

I shop at Aldi's so I can afford to eat good food at Ciccino's. It is a great trade off by my book.

#1134796 --- 01/19/10 05:31 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Another Year]
roadguy Offline

Loc: here
Chicken wing prices have been going up for months do to shortages.
Wing shortage

#1134803 --- 01/19/10 05:53 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: roadguy]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

When you really analize the Chicken Wing story it is very heartbreaking, to raise defenseless animals only to kill them.

Process them and eat them.

I cannot resolve within myself the act of raising, killing and eating a living animal, but yet I do eat the meat of these animals.

The other thing I cannot resolve is that I feel worse eating a good looking animal versus an ugly one....and even more I feel less guilty about fish....

I have to go to see a therapist I think....

#1134821 --- 01/19/10 06:51 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Another Year]
drgnfly02 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Ordered large pizza w/on topping and a doz mild wings from Ciccino's yesterday delivered with a $2 tip to the driver the total was a socking $27.00. Is this what we are looking forward to

its no wonder that with only a $2 tip that you didnt get cold expensive food.

#1134826 --- 01/19/10 07:17 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Oldgzr Offline

Originally Posted By: Z Genius Lusifer
When you really analize the Chicken Wing story it is very heartbreaking, to raise defenseless animals only to kill them.

Process them and eat them.

I cannot resolve within myself the act of raising, killing and eating a living animal, but yet I do eat the meat of these animals.

The other thing I cannot resolve is that I feel worse eating a good looking animal versus an ugly one....and even more I feel less guilty about fish....

I think there's room in this world for all of Gods creatures. Right next to the mashed potatos and gravy.

#1134833 --- 01/19/10 07:34 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Oldgzr]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

heartless......just heartless

#1134870 --- 01/19/10 09:30 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Some of us have been saying that about you for years, Lusi. ;\)

#1134871 --- 01/19/10 09:31 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Another Year]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

... and once again, I voice my resentment to the fact that you can't get any Greek style pizza here in central NY.

#1134890 --- 01/19/10 11:38 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Josephus]
Mountain Man Offline

Loc: out there
What is Greek style? I hope not Feta and olives...

#1134891 --- 01/19/10 11:41 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Mountain Man]
RedGreen Offline

Loc: Charlotte
Greek pizza can refer to either of two styles of pizza.

One usage refers to a pizza with typically (or stereotypically) Greek ingredients as toppings. These include authentic toppings such as feta cheese, onion, Kalamata olives, fresh tomato, and green bell pepper, as well as others borrowed from unrelated Greek dishes such as gyros meat[1] or others incorrectly believed to be typical of Greek cuisine, such as spinach.

The other usage refers to a style of pizza crust rather than its toppings. This style is baked in a pan, instead of directly on the bricks of the pizza oven (as is more traditional for Italian pizza.) It has a thick, chewy crust that is usually quite oily. This style of pizza is referred to as "Greek pizza" even when it has non-Greek toppings, since it is typical of pizzerias owned by Greek immigrants. These establishments often also sell Greek specialities, such as Greek salads and gyros, and tend to brand themselves as "Pizza and Pasta" or as a "House of Pizza"; a code signifying that it is not an Italian restaurant, but a Greek restaurant serving Italian style food.

In the United States, the latter usage appears to be specific to New England cuisine.

#1134892 --- 01/19/10 11:46 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
RedGreen Offline

Loc: Charlotte
Avocollis is the same cost. When did Pizza and Wings start pushing the 30 dollar mark?

Ridiculous.

I agree totally. While it's true wing costs are rising ( you can actually buy boneless skinless breasts for less per # than wings), a pizzas cost to make has been stable. The markup is incredible.

#1134945 --- 01/20/10 02:56 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: RedGreen]
Oldgzr Offline

Maybe we need to start a pizza revolt and boycott all pizza shops until they lower their prices.

#1134948 --- 01/20/10 03:27 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Another Year]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York

Here's their menu ... next time you order you will know what it will be costing you ahead of time.

Also check the specials ....

http://www.ciccinos.com/menu/

Edited by Carerinoa (01/20/10 03:30 AM)

#1134969 --- 01/20/10 05:54 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: no doubt]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: no doubt
I shop at Aldi's so I can afford to eat good food at Ciccino's. It is a great trade off by my book.

With the can of flat beer(extra yeast flavor) and the Italian seasoning I put in the dough makes the crust great and most places don't know the meaning of *extra toppings* and when I make it myself I can pile on the toppings. I use a whole 4 cup bag of mozzarella on one pizza as well as pepperoni on every centimeter of the pizza and very liberal with the other toppings as well \:\)

Make the dough when I wake up, allow to rise. Punch down the dough, cover and refrigerate before I leave for work. Daughter takes it out of the fridge when she gets home from school to allow it to get room temp and pliable. Get home from work, turn on fryer for wings, knead, form, top, cook. Dinner in 30-45 minutes \:\)

Pizza's I'll do myself, but with the savings I get for shopping at Aldi's I go to Texas roadhouse for steak and ribs, or Dominicks for their Prime Rib MMMMMMmmmm

#1135042 --- 01/20/10 11:22 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Rick-the-Builder Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Finger Lakes USA
I have a pizza stone in the oven and either make my own dough with the food processor or buy frozen bread dough. In the morning, I'll put the frozen dough in a spray oiled bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. By the time I get home from work it has thawed and risen.
Ready for pizza toppings.

#1135043 --- 01/20/10 11:37 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

I don't have the KitchenAid mixer of my DREAMS so i am stuck making the dough by hand \:\( I just can't justify spending $299 on a mixer

#1135044 --- 01/20/10 11:37 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

Loc: No where but here
We've started making our own also as it is just too expensive to order take away anymore!
With tip we were spending about $30 a week every week for a whopping $1560.00 a year!!! Now I take the cost of what I spend at Wegmans for supplies, subtract that from what I would normally spend and put that away in a jar!!! We save an average of about $22 a week so I hoping to have $1144.00 next Jan 1 for some "mad money" lol!!!

#1135045 --- 01/20/10 11:39 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

I have 2 pizza stones, one well used/seasoned Pamper Chef stone (my wife got for FREE with her points from hosting a Pamper Chef party0 and One pizza stone I got from Bed Bath and Beyond 2 years ago for Christmas and it came with a paddle too! \:\)

#1135046 --- 01/20/10 11:47 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Rick-the-Builder Offline
Silver Member

I bought a stone, paddle, deep dish pans and a screen from a restaurant supply place and was really cheap.
I use a KItchenAid food processor for dough making. It's a bear!

I don't want to eat pizza parlor pizza anymore. The homemade is so much better, even with frozen dough. Plus the cost of ordering in seems like such a ripoff when you make your own and realize how cheap it really is to make.

#1135049 --- 01/20/10 11:56 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

I agree! Also my homemade pizza is 100 times better than anything you can find in Syracuse. However I am a SUCKER for Pizza Land Pizza in Avon,NY and Caledonia,NY but since my parents moved to Florida in November, I don't have a reason to go out that way anymore

#1135058 --- 01/20/10 12:36 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
pixie Offline

Loc: Romulus
last year I built a brick pizza oven takes 4 pizzas at one time, heat it up with dried wood push the coals to the back and when the temp is 750 to 900 f in goes the pizzas, done in 2 min. and they are great, just the right amount of smoke taste as scotty says 1000 times better . but one problem seems everyone invites them self over on pizza night, oh well. Last time we did 22 pizzas in about a hour in the oven and had a great party.

#1135092 --- 01/20/10 02:39 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: pixie]
happimomof2 Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY
I can remember as a kid my mom making homemade pizza-wheat crust even! It was awesome! Now if only I can learn how to do that, I could make some good pizzas! We went to Pizza Hut last night and spent $25 on a large meat lovers with a family order of breadsticks with cheese and one drink. Not bad but still that's $25 less to spend on actual groceries or other supplies but I didn't feel like making/cooking anything. Will have to try to make our own pizzas. Wish me luck!

#1135094 --- 01/20/10 02:43 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Oldgzr]
no doubt Offline

Originally Posted By: Oldgzr
Maybe we need to start a pizza revolt and boycott all pizza shops until they lower their prices.

... not going to happen

#1135101 --- 01/20/10 02:54 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: no doubt]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

WE NEED a higher tax on Pizza Sauce to help make up the deficit spending in Albany

#1135125 --- 01/20/10 03:32 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: happimomof2]
angelaboveme Offline

Making your own pizza is super easy, there are a million different crust recipes out there, find whatever is easiest for you and it will still be better than anything you buy.
If we have time, we let the dough rise, punch it down, then make the crust and go. Sometimes for time constraints (like I got started late) I make the dough, form an extra thin crust that I let rise a little, top and go. Dough enthusiasts all have their own secrets and tips, but even minimal effort will make a tastier pizza than you can buy.
I alway hide extra veggies in the sauce too, just grate them fine, let them sit in a colander though to drain some of the liquid then pat with a paper towel or you'll get a mushy crust, I save the juice for soup or warm it and put it on the dog's food.

#1135135 --- 01/20/10 04:26 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: happimomof2]
Rick-the-Builder Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: happimomof2
I can remember as a kid my mom making homemade pizza-wheat crust even! It was awesome! Now if only I can learn how to do that, I could make some good pizzas! We went to Pizza Hut last night and spent $25 on a large meat lovers with a family order of breadsticks with cheese and one drink. Not bad but still that's $25 less to spend on actual groceries or other supplies but I didn't feel like making/cooking anything. Will have to try to make our own pizzas. Wish me luck!

Put that $25.00 toward a pizza stone and peel. Go the frozen bread dough route. Buy Jar sauce, cheese and topping and I bet that pizza won't be as inconvienent as you might think it would be. Plus it's cost will be around five or six bucks.

It's fun for each member of the family to top their slice of the homemade pizza themselves with how they want it.

#1135170 --- 01/20/10 05:22 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

WE NEED a higher tax on Pizza Sauce to help make up the deficit spending in Albany

LOL! Great one, Lusi. Makes about as much sense as legalizing grass just for the taxes it will reap... which it wouldn't since it grows just about anywhere.

#1135172 --- 01/20/10 05:24 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: RedGreen]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: RedGreen
Greek pizza can refer to either of two styles of pizza.

One usage refers to a pizza with typically (or stereotypically) Greek ingredients as toppings. These include authentic toppings such as feta cheese, onion, Kalamata olives, fresh tomato, and green bell pepper, as well as others borrowed from unrelated Greek dishes such as gyros meat[1] or others incorrectly believed to be typical of Greek cuisine, such as spinach.

The other usage refers to a style of pizza crust rather than its toppings. This style is baked in a pan, instead of directly on the bricks of the pizza oven (as is more traditional for Italian pizza.) It has a thick, chewy crust that is usually quite oily. This style of pizza is referred to as "Greek pizza" even when it has non-Greek toppings, since it is typical of pizzerias owned by Greek immigrants. These establishments often also sell Greek specialities, such as Greek salads and gyros, and tend to brand themselves as "Pizza and Pasta" or as a "House of Pizza"; a code signifying that it is not an Italian restaurant, but a Greek restaurant serving Italian style food.

In the United States, the latter usage appears to be specific to New England cuisine.

Thanks RedGreen. Yes... I was referring to the second description. My home state is Massachusetts, and Greek pizza is MUCH more common there than Italian. Also, I think most there would agree that it makes for a better pizza.

#1135849 --- 01/22/10 07:58 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Josephus]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

I'm thinking about trying to do a deep dish pizza in one of my cast iron pans... It should be good because on my regular pizza's I mound on the toppings and it looks like a mountain LOL ...in the cast iron I will have more room for MORE toppings LOL

#1135966 --- 01/22/10 01:47 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Rick-the-Builder Offline
Silver Member

Do you think that the cast iron pan will heat through enough to brown and cook the crust? I preheat cast iron to do corn bread in but hard to build a pizza in a hot pan. I would reccomend using a big cake pan.

#1136050 --- 01/22/10 03:55 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
I have a Pampered Chef stoneware deep dish baker that works great for deep dish pizza.

#1136283 --- 01/23/10 12:47 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Della]
pixie Offline

doing 12 pizzas for a party sunday caught some nice lobster yea in bahamas for the winter and smoked them and will have on pizza yumm.
I try to get the wood fired oven to 950 f and the pizzas cook in 2 min, just right crispy crust but not to hard , and the cheese all melted and with a litte brown crust on the cheese. Hard to get some ingrediants down here but we find fresh mushrooms some times and peppers from the garden, If I can cook any one can give it a try.

#1136351 --- 01/23/10 04:28 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: pixie]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Would that oven burn household waste for energy?

#1136381 --- 01/23/10 10:01 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Rick-the-Builder
Do you think that the cast iron pan will heat through enough to brown and cook the crust? I preheat cast iron to do corn bread in but hard to build a pizza in a hot pan. I would reccomend using a big cake pan.

Good thinking...I never really thought about the pan not heating up enough.... However I could pre-cook the crust somewhat first and then top it and cook it the rest of the way...kinda like a Pizzeria Uno/Chicago Style pizza. Also i lightly pre cook my toppings first as well i.e. brocolli, sausage, onions, mushrooms etc. So if I cook the crust halfway first and then put on the toppings and finish it just make it work. Some of the best recipes have come from *Trial and Error* \:\)

#1136469 --- 01/23/10 12:54 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
pixie Offline

we cook a few toppings before as it removes mosture and grease, saugages I fully cook , i buy turkey or beef polish coil cut into thin strips and pre cook so to brown the meat tasts better, with pinapple I drain the pineapple then place in paper towel and pat dry , to much moisture makes the pizza crust to wet. one trick is I now buy the crusts I have a food distributer on the island who sells pizza shells frozen , I was surprized how good they were and only 1.50 each for a 12 inch . And your right scotty I pre cook the shells a tiny bit they work better in the very hot oven so everything comes out cooked in 2 min.

and lusi no if you burn garbage in your back yard you create furans and dioxins , its not a good thing if everyone did it we would have more smog.

#1156700 --- 03/08/10 03:06 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: pixie]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
price of tomatoes going up

#1156792 --- 03/08/10 07:26 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: bluezone]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Was there a crop freeze in CA?

#1156983 --- 03/09/10 08:52 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Josephus]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

No, it was on the news here in Syracuse yesterday. There were numerous freezes in Florida and almost the whole tomato crop was lost. The only thing that's left is damaged or 2nd *grade* tomatoes. Most are now getting their tomatoes from Mexico at a much higher cost...but better quality.

http://news10now.com/cny-news-1013-content/498142/when-you-can-t-cut-high-priced-tomatoes-out

#1157231 --- 03/09/10 10:54 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

How can a mexican tomato cost more than a florida tomato - same mexicans picking...

#1157248 --- 03/09/10 11:09 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca Falls,NY,
Maybe they are charging US more to have the illegals carry the tomato across the border.

#1157251 --- 03/09/10 11:11 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: sassyone]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

border tax....I get it

#1157400 --- 03/10/10 11:20 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

You also pay for the transport of the illegal immigrants in the trucks with the tomatoes LOL

I went to Wendy's yesterday and they had a huge sign that said due to the Florida freeze they have temporarily stopped using tomatoes on their sandwiches and only will by request only?

#1157709 --- 03/10/10 11:54 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Scottie2Hottie
only will by request only?

I request a dozen ripe ones to go

#1157947 --- 03/11/10 12:13 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: bluezone]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: bluezone
only will by request only?

I request a dozen ripe ones to go

NAW...on am not a big fan of Fast food tomatoes( usually second quality)... I will just wait till my early boys and cherry tomatoes come up in my garden \:\)

#1158002 --- 03/11/10 03:21 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

I will just wait till my early boys and cherry tomatoes come up in my garden \:\)

how large of an area do you plant?

#1158031 --- 03/11/10 03:57 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: bluezone]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

I have 3 flowerbeds and 2 gardens... The corn zucchinim, cabbage, peas, and such in onthe big garden and my herbs, peppers (bell and Banana) and usually 4 cherry tomato plants and 6 tomato plants in the other garden which is smaller and on the side of the deck.

2 years ago my cherry tomato plants grew over 6 feet tall and hung over the railing of the deck.... I would be relaxing on the deck and plucking and gorging myself on cherry tomatoes without even having to get up. Once I start eatinfg cherry tomatoes I can't stop till i feel sick MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#1158033 --- 03/11/10 03:59 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

sounds like you have a good selection
I also like cherry tomatoes - eat them like grapes

#1158040 --- 03/11/10 04:15 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: bluezone]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: bluezone
sounds like you have a good selection
I also like cherry tomatoes - eat them like grapes

last year i was too fatigued and sick to do a garden or flowers but here is the start of my gardens 2008

#1158121 --- 03/11/10 11:28 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

hope you get good weather for a bountiful harvest this year

#1158255 --- 03/12/10 09:45 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: bluezone]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

I do too! there is nothing better than picking squash and zucchini , washing it, slicing it, mixing it with italian dressing and onions... wrapping it in foil and throwing it on the grill! From garden to grill in 10 minutes....now THAT'S fresh!! Same thing with my tomato sandwiches MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

My wife and daughter *claim* to hate most vegetables ... so when I have the garden I can just pick what i want to eat and it's fresh and no waste \:\)

#1162540 --- 03/22/10 04:03 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

and much cheaper then what the stores charge now

#1162564 --- 03/22/10 04:40 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: bluezone]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

...and, what do these last several posts have to do with area pizza prices going up? ;\)

#1162567 --- 03/22/10 04:50 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Josephus]
Rick-the-Builder Offline
Silver Member

I think all started on home growing tomatoes for pizza maybe?

#1164454 --- 03/26/10 04:04 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

due to the price going up

#1164663 --- 03/27/10 05:15 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: bluezone]
Red22 Offline

Not really about pizza but...Cherry tomatoes, cut in half and roast with olive oil, salt, and pepper at 400 degrees. I let them go about 30-40 minutes, so good I can't stand it. I usually make a sauce with garlic, crushed red pepper, olive oil, chicken stock, small can of tomato sauce, and throw the roasted tomatoes and some fresh spinach in at the end. All I have to say is you're welcome.

#1164664 --- 03/27/10 05:15 AM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: bluezone]
Red22 Offline

Not really about pizza but...Cherry tomatoes, cut in half and roast with olive oil, salt, and pepper at 400 degrees. I let them go about 30-40 minutes, so good I can't stand it. I usually make a sauce with garlic, crushed red pepper, olive oil, chicken stock, small can of tomato sauce, and throw the roasted tomatoes and some fresh spinach in at the end. All I have to say is you're welcome.

#1167392 --- 04/02/10 02:14 PM Re: Area Pizza Prices Going Up [Re: Red22]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

sounds good

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >