FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#1133411 --- 01/15/10 01:21 PM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: Ghosts]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA
Almost as disturbing as the act itself is the obvious arrogance that nothing wrong has been done.

FingerLakes1.com
#1133412 --- 01/15/10 01:24 PM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: Greymane]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: Greymane
Almost as disturbing as the act itself is the obvious arrogance that nothing wrong has been done.

Yep. I agree.

#1133413 --- 01/15/10 01:28 PM Re: Nepotism and Dynasty at the Elections Office? [Re: Ghosts]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: Ghosts
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
How do you like my title change?

Title change? Help me out here. Did ya get a promotion or something?

Although I don’t agree with them 100%, I do enjoy your changing “Signatures.” I especially like your current signature. Personally, I have others that I can relate to for my own personal Signature, but this one seems suitable for me in this place in time.

Look at the title at the top of this post.

#1133414 --- 01/15/10 01:32 PM Re: Nepotism and Dynasty at the Elections Office? [Re: VM Smith]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Quote:
VM Smith
Look at the title at the top of this post.

Yeah . . . I like it! Okay, you found me out. I'm not the sharpest tack in the tool box. Actually, I usually wear a contact for reading, but the last two days, I've had to switch to reading glasses. It's like a different world . . . lol. Wonder what else I've missed?

#1133416 --- 01/15/10 01:35 PM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Headless Horseman Offline

Originally Posted By: Z Genius Lusifer

If it doesn't suit Ted Young, Ruth and Pete Same and Sue Sauvageau then it doesn't get support or happen.

Yes. They are the new "Powers that Be."

#1133417 --- 01/15/10 01:42 PM Re: Nepotism and Dynasty at the Elections Office? [Re: Ghosts]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

LOL! I wore contacts for 42 years, but gave them up last year. Instead of using reading glasses over contacts, I now just take my glasses off to read. I sometimes serve as a "designated reader" for my friends of similar age who have left their readers home....

What really caused the switch is that my astigmatism worsened to the point where I really needed toric lenses, and that increased the price of disposable contacts by about 4x.

#1133419 --- 01/15/10 01:49 PM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: Headless Horseman]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
Originally Posted By: Headless Horseman

If it doesn't suit Ted Young, Ruth and Pete Same and Sue Sauvageau then it doesn't get support or happen.

Yes. They are the new "Powers that Be."

Funny how they bashed AB and now it surfaces as to mode of operation that has been going on for years. They should thank AB for taking the spotlight off of them!

#1133422 --- 01/15/10 01:57 PM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: GiGi]
sookie Offline

Loc: ?
Originally Posted By: GiGi
That's what this place is all about. They don't care about who they hurt. Your family doesn't have to explain anything. They have always worked extremely hard for this community. This County was built on families helping each other. When our children suffer, we suffer. I see nothing wrong with helping your own children. He can do the job! That's all that matters. Good luck to the Same family.

Ya, I am sure he is capable of working in the elections office for his mama, after all, he has plenty of experience, doesnt he?
NOT

#1134018 --- 01/17/10 07:12 AM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: sookie]
Bogie Offline

Loc: Spade & Archer
Originally Posted By: sookie
Originally Posted By: GiGi
That's what this place is all about. They don't care about who they hurt. Your family doesn't have to explain anything. They have always worked extremely hard for this community. This County was built on families helping each other. When our children suffer, we suffer. I see nothing wrong with helping your own children. He can do the job! That's all that matters. Good luck to the Same family.

Ya, I am sure he is capable of working in the elections office for his mama, after all, he has plenty of experience, doesnt he?
NOT

Hmmm,...just curious.
What are his qualifications?
Does he have a day job??

#1134085 --- 01/17/10 11:01 AM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? *DELETED* [Re: little owl]
reddocer Offline

Loc: NY
Post deleted by FL1 Staff

#1134106 --- 01/17/10 11:47 AM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: reddocer]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

This assures anyone who (Democrat) wanted to run for office that did not because of the Democratic Elections Office keeps the way things will be for a long time.

I bet Carly doesn't last long.

#1134109 --- 01/17/10 11:57 AM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? *DELETED* [Re: reddocer]
Bogie Offline

Loc: Spade & Archer
Post deleted by FL1 Staff

#1134115 --- 01/17/10 12:06 PM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: Bogie]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

or in the Village turned Town jobs after dissolution

#1134220 --- 01/17/10 05:34 PM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Hank Moody Offline

Loc: Seneca County
QUOTE --Mrs. Same's position as Elections Commissioner is not civil service or elected, but she does have a term of office. So, next time she is up for reappointment, perhaps the Democratic Committee can reach outside its limited internal and familial ranks and find a good Seneca County Democrat who could serve in that capacity.

That won't happen - she said she is retiring next year at 65 years old. She will not see another re-appointment request for herself.

Funny how this appointment of her son, CARL, came after the BOS meeting on Tuesday.

This is a DOUBLE - BANGER for the SAME family. Son gets Mothers appointment, mother retires 1 year later, Son gets put up for appointment...BAM - another whole generation of SAME RULE.....

I hope you DEMOCRATS are happy being cut out of any discussion or any jobs by just a few on the Committee.....

If mommy Same retires next year will the democratic committee be ready to recommend someone new to the County Board of Supervisors or will Carl Same get mommy's title and a raise?

How much does mommy Same make anyway?

#1134223 --- 01/17/10 05:49 PM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: Ghosts]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

"I have NO personal animus against anyone in the family."

Same here. I wouldn't know her if I saw her, and have never spent much time thinking about her, or her job, mostly because I'm neither democrat nor republican, I guess.

I would be completely disgusted with ANYONE who made a similar move.

#1134239 --- 01/17/10 07:02 PM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: VM Smith]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

....."I wouldn't know her if I saw her,"......

She looks like Ted Youngs Wife

#1134249 --- 01/17/10 08:14 PM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Don't know her, either.

#1134264 --- 01/17/10 10:05 PM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: Hank Moody]
Average Joeeeee Offline

Loc: Waterfalls NY

If mommy Same retires next year will the democratic committee be ready to recommend someone new to the County Board of Supervisors or will Carl Same get mommy's title and a raise?

How much does mommy Same make anyway?

According to the wage website, Ruth Same makes $47,414 a year for her position in the Board Of Elections. That does not include benefits.

#1134299 --- 01/18/10 01:08 AM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
it'sme Offline

Loc: USA
Sorry to trim your Nepotism family tree:

Neither Steve nor Valerie Churchill have an Aunt Ruth Same, Uncle Peter Same, or Cousin Carl Same.

#1134340 --- 01/18/10 06:15 AM Re: Nepotism at the Elections Office? [Re: Average Joeeeee]
GiGi Offline

Loc: Seneca
Where can I find this wage site?

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >