#1131163 --- 01/09/10 09:08 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: VM Smith]
RedGreen Offline

Loc: Charlotte

FingerLakes1.com
#1131170 --- 01/09/10 09:20 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: grinch]
Endoftheroad Offline

Loc: On the road
Originally Posted By: grinch
Congratulations to the Seneca County Sheriff's Department. Nice work Sheriff Stenberg.

Some of you think this should be legalized, however there are valid reasons why it is against the law. Laws have to be enforced or risk anarchy.

Trust me, Steinburg had nothing to do with it.

#1131204 --- 01/09/10 11:40 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
315 Offline

Loc: none of your business
amen!!! we put drug dealers away longer then murderers and rapists...make any sense?

#1131219 --- 01/10/10 03:04 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: pizza man]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
Originally Posted By: pizza man
yea but there are reasons for it to be legal.

Hemp has been known to make some of the strongest rope, hemp can be made into paper, hemp seeds can also be used for cooking. Not to mention marijuana can take the place of other EXPENSIVE medications to reduce pain and increase appetite in cancer patients.

Not to mention the financial analyst's on CNBC commenting how marijuana is "recession proof" and if anything sale and use INCREASES during time of financial crisis.

Not to mention crowding our jails and prisons with small time marijuana dealers increasing overcrowding and overtime expenses

They spend BILLIONS on "the war on drugs" yet one reservation alone in Northern New York was able to process, move, and sell $710 million in marujuana in 10 years time! That's $710 million they could of TAXED.

Legalizing and taxing marujuana the tax revenue alone could balance the NYS budget

#1131221 --- 01/10/10 03:12 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

People say marijuana is a *Gateway Drug* but what about all the orthopedic Dr.'s and pain clinics hopping people up for months even years on Oxycodone and Oxycotin...and getting them addicted...then when they don't have enough pills or access to the pill they switch to heroin because it is cheaper and more readily accessible and gives them a similar high??!!??!!

#1131303 --- 01/10/10 05:54 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: Scottie2Hottie
Originally Posted By: pizza man
yea but there are reasons for it to be legal.

They spend BILLIONS on "the war on drugs" yet one reservation alone in Northern New York was able to process, move, and sell $710 million in marujuana in 10 years time! That's $710 million they could of TAXED.

Legalizing and taxing marujuana the tax revenue alone could balance the NYS budget
I can't believe you of all people posted this! You brag about buying cigarettes at reservations cheaply because they pay no tax. What makes you think reservations would pay tax on marijuana if they don't pay it on cigarettes???

#1131354 --- 01/10/10 07:24 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: kyle585]
Teacher73 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY, Seneca
And in Oakland, California people are signing up for classes that show how to grow it. CNBC had a show highlighting the pot biz and there was this fortyish year old woman who lost her job but figured once she got her room set up she will be able to make a living as a pot farmer. Of course she will be selling to the sanctioned distributors who service those who have been prescribed pot for various ills. Another farm had 20 employees offering profit sharing and health insurance benefits. Don't forget these businesses do pay taxes.
Our situation here may never allow for such circumstances as those on the so called left coast. And if the Cayugas got to sell it - no tax revenue. Not that the users would care much.
As for this guy who got busted - if past experience serves as a guide - he is in a world of hurt. Betcha he wishes he was in California.

#1131355 --- 01/10/10 07:40 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Teacher73]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Teacher73
And if the Cayugas got to sell it - no tax revenue.
Exactly, I am shocked that Scottie2Hottie thinks otherwise. Amazing.

#1131379 --- 01/10/10 09:34 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: kyle585]
The Mask Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Hidden Harbor
Originally Posted By: kyle585

If you want to debate the "Indians not paying taxes" of this illegal substance, go find somebody else who will listen to you, say the Senator or the Congressman, even your Governor. I'm sure this isn't the place for that either.

#1131384 --- 01/10/10 09:49 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: VM Smith]
threeputt Offline

Loc: Waterloo
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
"nicotine is a drug and, BTW, it kills more Americans every year than all illicit drugs"

Not exactly true. Smoking tobacco kills, and there are about 4,000 chemicals in tobacco. The CO, CO2, formaldehyde, mercury, arsenic, smoke particles, tar, etc., etc., etc.. are at least as dangerous as nicotine.

OK, but nicotine is by far the most deadly "chemical" in tobacco. Anyway, you got my point.

#1131385 --- 01/10/10 09:57 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: threeputt]
threeputt Offline

Marijuana is a gateway drug, Scottie, which is another good reason to legalize it. It's not a "gateway drug" because it leads you to want to escalate to more dangerous drugs....it doesn't. It's a "gateway drug" because it is illegal so you have to get it from people who may want to sell you more addictive drugs.

#1131411 --- 01/10/10 12:11 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: threeputt]
Teacher73 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY, Seneca
[quote=threeputt]Marijuana is a gateway drug, Scottie, which is another good reason to legalize it. It's not a "gateway drug" because it leads you to want to escalate to more dangerous drugs....it doesn't. It's a "gateway drug" because it is illegal so you have to get it from people who may want to sell you more addictive drugs. [/quote

Doesn't that give credence to the notion that it should be legal so that the criminal element would not be involved?

#1131487 --- 01/10/10 06:24 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Teacher73]
threeputt Offline

[quote=threeputt]Marijuana is a gateway drug, Scottie, which is another good reason to legalize it. It's not a "gateway drug" because it leads you to want to escalate to more dangerous drugs....it doesn't. It's a "gateway drug" because it is illegal so you have to get it from people who may want to sell you more addictive drugs. [/quote

Doesn't that give credence to the notion that it should be legal so that the criminal element would not be involved?

Yes, as I said...."another good reason to legalize it."

#1131516 --- 01/10/10 06:51 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: threeputt]
Senecamom Offline

Loc: On a journey......
Decriminalization: The state has decriminalized marijuana to some degree. Typically, decriminalization means no prison time or criminal record for first-time possession of a small amount for personal consumption. The conduct is treated like a minor traffic violation.

Possession of 25 grams (0.88 ounces) or less of cannabis is a civil citation punishable by up to a $250 fine and a $100 court surcharge; stricter punishments exist for sale, cultivation, or subsequent offenses. If found in a public place with marijuana burning or in public view, offender can be charged with a misdemeanor, fined $500, and incarcerated up to 3 months.

First-time offenders of all marijuana possession laws and some marijuana sale laws are, with some exception, granted an automatic adjournment of their case in contemplation of dismissal ("ACD"), meaning that if the offender commits no crimes and abides by any conditions set by the court, his or her case will be automatically dismissed after six months.

# ^ "State by State Laws: New York". NORML. 2006. http://www.norml.com/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4554.

# ^ "New York State Criminal Procedure Law Section 170.56". Laws of New York. 2009. http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi?COMMONQUERY=LAWS.

#1131570 --- 01/11/10 01:39 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: kyle585]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Kyle you FORON! What.... the numerous indian threads aren't enough you have to turn this one into one too??!!??

#1131572 --- 01/11/10 02:05 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

True the have decriminalized it a bit.... but try and apply for a job somewhere with that on your record!

Also to test for marijuana for jobs is pointless... it can be traceable in your system for up to 8 weeks (depending on usage) So say I celebrated New Years with a joint.... Am I high and effecting my work performance 10 days later??? Answer....NO! but my urine would be positive. Where as cocaine on the other hand is far more detrimental to work, home, finances, safety, etc. etc. but it only stays in the system 3 days....apply for a job...lay low 3 days.... viola you passed and can resume being a coke head!

If I was to have surgery....I would much rather have the surgeon smoke a *fatty* the night before the surgery then go out drinking all night the night before and be hungover or do lines of coke and be *geeking* throughout the surgery!!

Also I have mentioned this before.... Most cancer patients are *disabled* and can't work so they are on medicaid/medicare that the tax payers pay for.... The oncology Dr.'s give the patients numerous medications..... meds for pain, meds for mood, meds for nausea, meds for appetite, etc etc all at the 4000% pharmaceutical mark-up that us tax payers pay for! Spend $30 on weed and give it to the cancer patient.... next thing you know the pain is relieved to a point, their mood enhances, nausea stops, and they raid the fridge for food....total cost $30..... 10+ prescribed pills.....$1,000's/month off the tax payers back!

Not to mention that Marijuana doesn't interfere with any other medications where prescribed meds CAN and the doctors give them MORE pills to combat the side effects.,... all on the taxpayers wallet!

#1131618 --- 01/11/10 05:11 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Teacher73]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

And in Oakland, California people are signing up for classes that show how to grow it. CNBC had a show highlighting the pot biz and there was this fortyish year old woman who lost her job but figured once she got her room set up she will be able to make a living as a pot farmer. Of course she will be selling to the sanctioned distributors who service those who have been prescribed pot for various ills. Another farm had 20 employees offering profit sharing and health insurance benefits. Don't forget these businesses do pay taxes.
Our situation here may never allow for such circumstances as those on the so called left coast. And if the Cayugas got to sell it - no tax revenue. Not that the users would care much.
As for this guy who got busted - if past experience serves as a guide - he is in a world of hurt. Betcha he wishes he was in California.

I saw the same episode.... that was the same one that said marijuana was *recession proof*

#1131624 --- 01/11/10 05:12 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

before everything went nuts in Albany ...Paterson mentioned briefly about medical marijuana.... but now they are side-tracked by too many things

#1131630 --- 01/11/10 05:16 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Scottie2Hottie

Kyle you FORON! What.... the numerous indian threads aren't enough you have to turn this one into one too??!!??
Scottie, you brought up reservations and taxes first on this thread, not me! You said that collecting taxes on marijuana on reservations would balance the state budget! And you constantly brag about buying cigs on reservations to avoid taxes! Those two positions are the complete opposite of each other and show that you are totally clueless on the topic of reservations and taxes!

#1131642 --- 01/11/10 05:27 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: kyle585]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

No I did not I said LEGALIZING Marijuana and TAXING it would balance the state budget.... My info on the $710 million marijuana rez was info on how well the "war on drugs" is going... They were even so bold as to drive around with POUNDS of marijuana in the back of their trucks!!

I have stated numerous times before..... a good portion of my tax dollars go to welfare rats mooching off the system and getting money and *clothing grants* like it is Christmas in July... I have worked *on the books* for 22 years.....WHERE is my free money and *clothing grants* Consider my tax free carton a week my *Welfare* ;\)

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >