FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#1133451 --- 01/15/10 03:09 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Unique]
NOTPERFECT Offline

Loc: NY

"Hello Mom! Uhhh didn't we forget Mike worked in a "tatoo shop"? At 25 one would want to settle in...somewhere."

Wrong again, not mom, just a concerned longtime friend of the family,

didn't know about tatoo shop - mea culpa

FingerLakes1.com
#1133452 --- 01/15/10 03:12 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: NOTPERFECT]
Santa_Cruzer Offline

Loc: Westside
Certain individuals vying for sainthood by running Mike through the meatgrinder.

Pathetic.

LONG LIVE AARON COMETBUS!
http://www.freakradio.org
http://www.canorml.org

#1133453 --- 01/15/10 03:12 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: NOTPERFECT]
Santa_Cruzer Offline

Loc: Westside
Certain individuals vying for sainthood by running Mike through the meatgrinder.

Pathetic.

LONG LIVE AARON COMETBUS!
http://www.freakradio.org
http://www.canorml.org

#1133454 --- 01/15/10 03:12 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: terrapinie]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: terrapinie
Originally Posted By: Senecamom
Just to be clear, I do not support what Mike is accused of. Sorry.

No Worries Senecamom. I just appreciate you taking the time to provide some great informative articles.

Animal Lover - yes, Mike has had jobs to support himself over the years.
And do you know that $83K was actually discovered? Or are you simply believing what you read and hear in the news? Remember - sensationalism goes a long way and there are many details that have been exaggerated for that purpose.
If you don't care to support Mike, don't - I didn't ask you to. And if you think a benefit would be a flop - that's fine, don't show up. We honestly wouldn't want you there, sorry - you're kind of a Debbie-Downer.... And we tend to be happier people.

Taxpayer - POSSESSING under 25 grams of marijuana is a simple violation. However, buying it, smoking it, etc. are illegal - and subject to harsher punishments. So, unless someone has the ability to simply fabricate their stash out of thin air and then somehow ingest it miraculously - cannabis is illegal and punishable. So, no, those who support legalization do not currently have the 'governmental regulated marijuana laws we want'....

Good points. Also, remember that since the limit is less than an ounce, that precludes growing it, which means you're going to have to buy it on the black market, which means that some money will be diverted from other, legal markets and activities, where it is generally taxed. IOW, if you're forced to buy a bag, because you can't simply grow a plant in a flower pot, you're not going to buy a widget or any other good or service with it.

#1133582 --- 01/15/10 08:40 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: VM Smith]
queenbee Offline

Loc: soul quest
I believe this beaten horse is now a carcass.

#1133691 --- 01/16/10 09:11 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: queenbee]
Badge420 Offline

Loc: Tuson, AZ
Originally Posted By: queenbee

A baby step forward in getting people to understand this substance, and a giant step backwards for Mike.

#1134351 --- 01/18/10 07:07 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: NOTPERFECT]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: NOTPERFECT
-- Mike was not the only person living in that house, just the only one there when the search warrant was served -

he was not aware of the plants growing there?

#1134381 --- 01/18/10 09:03 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: terrapinie]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Originally Posted By: terrapinie
Now you're back peddling. Yes, it's a violation to possess under 25 grams. In order to possess it however - you must break the law to get it. I don't know how many more times I can explain this Catch-22 to you... Seems as though you require a tack-hammer to the forehead to actually get something in there....

Yes what this man did was illegal. Yes he broke the law. I totally understand that. Why didn't you say so in the first place?

#1134402 --- 01/18/10 09:57 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Taxpayer14456]
Endoftheroad Offline

Loc: On the road

Leave the poor kid alone, it was only a few pounds.

#1134404 --- 01/18/10 10:00 AM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Endoftheroad]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

Loc: Geneva
LOL! Ok.

#1134535 --- 01/18/10 07:05 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: Endoftheroad]
angela Offline

Loc: usa
Originally Posted By: Endoftheroad

Leave the poor kid alone, it was only a few pounds.
Oly a few pounds???grrrrrrrrr......

#1134544 --- 01/18/10 07:28 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: queenbee]
oops12 Offline

Loc: Absent
Originally Posted By: queenbee

I agree with ya!

#1134860 --- 01/19/10 03:02 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: oops12]
terrapinie Offline

Loc: NY
The question was asked a few posts ago about the fundraiser for Mike. It will help with his Legal matters, as well as his Medical issues and Traveling expenses. He was just recently dropped from his health insurance, so he is currently one of the many Americans without coverage.

Edited by FL1 Mod 2 (01/19/10 04:49 PM)

#1134873 --- 01/19/10 03:40 PM Re: Another "retired" farmer [Re: terrapinie]
grinch Offline

Loc: New York State

No I am not interested and I believe FL1 is remiss in allowing you to advertise a benefit for an individual in such circumstances. If the charges are dropped or he is proven innocent then hold your benefit. Most of us have better use for our money than supporting the marijuana trade. What happened here is against the law as it now stands and he was the one arrested and charged.

How about we hold a benefit dinner to raise funds to prosecute alleged law breakers and felons? The police did not go there accidentally, nor arrest this person without cause. Whether or not he installed this sophisticated system to grow marijuana, he
reportedly lived there and had to know of activities within that household. He could have left at anytime before this happened. In my opinion, by those actions alone he abetted the crime, misdemeanor or violation whatever it well may be.

There are associated costs for the policing action that brought charges against this individual that have to be paid for. The cost of the DA to examine evidence, deciding what or if charges should be pursued and the cost of a trial have to be paid for from public funds. Should he opt for a public defender, again the taxpayer will have to pay. Should he have family he supports they may qualify for public funds through welfare services.

If convicted and sentenced to jail then we have the cost of providing supervision, meals and medical care.

Those are needless taxpayers expenses because this individual or others in that household decided to grow and traffic in marijuana. That has caused everyone's property taxes to rise. The $83000 reportedly seized at the time of the raid will offset some of those costs, but not all

If anyone is willing to donate additional funds to support law and order then write a check to the Treasurer of Seneca Co. marking it for law enforcement only.

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13