FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 35 of 36 < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 >
Topic Options
#1111977 --- 11/29/09 04:46 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: Hillbilly_Billy
You following this? or is it getting too complicated for you. There is another whole layer to the entire process yet....
Sure I understand this. dieselman said SM charges everybody the same tipping fee. You are saying SM will charge whatever the traffic will bear. Either way it is a stinking business.

FingerLakes1.com
#1111978 --- 11/29/09 04:48 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

Loc: upstate nY
Hmmm 20 minutes - did I finally shut him down?

#1111979 --- 11/29/09 04:51 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I am not saying anything about dieselman - he understands more about the landfill than you an pixie dust do.
Ya right. Here is what dieselman has told us:

- a liner installer told him the liners last a long time but when I asked how long is a long time, he never answers me.

- in 20 years we will mining SM for all the valuable material in there.

- he lives close enough to smell SM but after a while you don't smell it any more.

- he has quite a few posts regarding the Penn Yan mayors race and other events in Yates County.

- he doesn't believe in science and studies are crap.

- there is no chance SM will ever pollute our land or water.

- he works on leachate projects but it has little effect on his pay check.

- since we had no effect on the election last fall, we will never accomplish anything.

Edited by kyle585 (11/29/09 04:58 PM)

#1111980 --- 11/29/09 04:52 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Hmmm 20 minutes - did I finally shut him down?
you talking to me? I ate dinner.

#1111981 --- 11/29/09 04:55 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

Did you throw anything away?

#1111982 --- 11/29/09 04:56 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Did you throw anything away?
I did go the bathroom afterwards.

#1111987 --- 11/29/09 05:11 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

you are part of the problem not the solution

#1111999 --- 11/29/09 05:45 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

you are part of the problem not the solution
I didn't realize you thought there was a problem? What do you see as the problem?

#1112025 --- 11/29/09 06:56 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

Well, you are the one touting zero waste yet you have no restaint in pulling that toilet handle. If you want zero waste you need to handle your own waste.

You are the one saying ZERO WASTE. WALK THE TALK.

#1112049 --- 11/29/09 08:43 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
Code Red Offline

Loc: Out of my mind....
Of course there sir William, it would be nice if everyone handled their own waste, then we wouldn't have to.

I would be happy if the landfill handled our own problems and wastes. But we don't need everyone elses over flowing toilet. We do have enough crap of our own.

#1112059 --- 11/29/09 09:19 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
dieselman Offline

Loc: NY
To counter your points on the liners I have no idea how long they will last and neither do you.On the mining I really believe they will be mined in the near future as commodity prices increase it will be economicly feasible to do it. If you are near the smell everyday you just ignore it after awhile.As far as YC I was born and raised there and still have a lot of family there so what's the problem. You are right I don't believe in studies. I've seen millions wasted on needless studies in my life when all you have to do is ask the people who do the work everday. I've never said that their is no chance for pollution but I think it is minimal with all of the monitoring going on.As far as leachate projects it might be 5%of my work no big deal.Like I said before your group is going after SM the wrong way. You have no chance of beating them head to head. If you control the amount of garbage available to landfill then you have a better chance. You can try to discredit me I don't care but those are my views on the issues if you don't like it to bad . I have every right to voice them just as you do.

#1112106 --- 11/29/09 10:13 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: dieselman]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

BY THE WAY---

DID ANYONE on the ANTI LANDFILL TEAM

Get to talk to

MIKE NOZZOLIO ?

#1112132 --- 11/30/09 12:01 AM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
Code Red Offline

Loc: Out of my mind....
This is just a example of the type of cut throat operation the garbage hauling and landfills are. And landfills will lower tipping fees, and work with haulers to get that garbage.

Diesel fuel has dropped from more than $4.50 a gallon to less than $2.50; the tight economy may continue to depress that price for a while. And Casella, known for pitching sweetheart deals for itself to solid waste facilities (it has a soon-to-expire contract with DANC, for instance, to bring out-of-area waste to Rodman for the paltry tipping fee of $20 a ton), could very well go out and get itself a sweetheart deal that would make it well worthwhile to take St. Lawrence County garbage to Seneca Meadows, or beyond.
Only the Casellas and the Waste Managements have the muscle to tilt the trash volume away from the regional landfill. For the folks who put their garbage cans out on the curb every week, only the absence of a flow control law was going to adversely affect their costs. None of the big guys were going to pass any savings along to Joe Homeowner. Certainly, the main private opponent to the law was Casella Waste Management, who had local manager Skip Bisnett tell the lawmakers that he didn't think the law was necessary. Uh-huh. Of course the county's largest commercial hauler would like the opportunity to take county-generated waste wherever it can get the best tipping fee. Not too far southwest of here, the Seneca Meadows private landfill has a lower tipping fee than does the DANC facility but not by a lot; last time I checked, the Seneca Meadows rate was in the low-$30 range.

#1112139 --- 11/30/09 04:14 AM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Code Red]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

Loc: No where but here
Concerned Citizens of Seneca County, VFW, Waterloo
Monday, Nov. 30th, 6:30 pm, VFW, E. Elisha St., Waterloo

#1112367 --- 11/30/09 02:36 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: dieselman]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: dieselman
To counter your points on the liners I have no idea how long they will last and neither do you.
What? You said talked to a liner installer and he said they would last a long time whatever that means. So you are willing to bet a healthy enviroment that the liner will out last the landfill?

Edited by kyle585 (11/30/09 02:45 PM)

#1112369 --- 11/30/09 02:39 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: dieselman]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

If you are near the smell everyday you just ignore it after awhile.
I find this to be an amazing statement. It can be doing great harm to your health but since your nose has gotten used to it and no longer smells it, you think it can't possible be doing any harm to your body. Amazing.

#1112373 --- 11/30/09 02:43 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: dieselman]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

You are right I don't believe in studies. I've seen millions wasted on needless studies in my life when all you have to do is ask the people who do the work everday.
So anybody who works with anything is qualified to tell us the harm it does? If somebody has a job removing asbestos from a building, he is more qualified to tell you the harm from the asbestos than a scientist or a doctor?

#1112375 --- 11/30/09 02:45 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: dieselman]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

On the mining I really believe they will be mined in the near future as commodity prices increase it will be economicly feasible to do it.
Hillbille says we are going to dump garbage there for 14 more years. You have said we will be mining there in 20 years. Do you think both of you could be right?

#1112376 --- 11/30/09 02:48 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: dieselman]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

If you control the amount of garbage available to landfill then you have a better chance.
I don't see any way that we can lower the amount of garbage going into SM by working with them, especially if they start trucking it in by train.

#1112384 --- 11/30/09 03:06 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585
On the mining I really believe they will be mined in the near future as commodity prices increase it will be economicly feasible to do it.
Hillbille says we are going to dump garbage there for 14 more years. You have said we will be mining there in 20 years. Do you think both of you could be right?

Why can't we both be right. Were you hiding behind the door when they handed out the comprehension part of the brain. Of course that is giving you an assumed credit of having some mass of cranial biology.

Page 35 of 36 < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 >