FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 34 of 36 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 >
Topic Options
#1111935 --- 11/29/09 03:22 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
dieselman Offline

Loc: NY
If they had to bring in a majority of their garbage from outside NY it wouldn't be economicly feasible.

FingerLakes1.com
#1111936 --- 11/29/09 03:23 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: dieselman]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: dieselman
If they had to bring in a majority of their garbage from outside NY it wouldn't be economicly feasible.
Why? Doesn't SM get the same tipping fee no matter where the garbage comes from?

#1111938 --- 11/29/09 03:27 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
dieselman Offline

The same tipping fee but the transportation cost would be really high.

#1111941 --- 11/29/09 03:31 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: dieselman]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

The same tipping fee but the transportation cost would be really high.
??? I would think the county, state, country, etc. delivering the garbage would pay the transportation cost to get the garbage there?

#1111944 --- 11/29/09 03:34 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

Loc: upstate nY
So tell me if Seneca County recycles everything 100%, can SM bring in 6,000 tons of trash per day from other sources?

Yep - YES SIR - they can railroad it in from where ever garbage is made. They do have contracts for different tipping rates with haulers companies.

#1111946 --- 11/29/09 03:34 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

for the next 14 YEARS

#1111947 --- 11/29/09 03:36 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Hillbilly_Billy
So tell me if Seneca County recycles everything 100%, can SM bring in 6,000 tons of trash per day from other sources?

Yep - YES SIR - they can railroad it in from where ever garbage is made. They do have contracts for different tipping rates with haulers companies.
Well now you and dieselman are telling me two completely different stories. At least one of you is totally misinformed, right?

#1111950 --- 11/29/09 03:40 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

Tipping fees are standard for most.

but negotiable to attain business to come to Seneca Meadows and of course Volume Discounts!

#1111951 --- 11/29/09 03:41 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
dieselman Offline

I probably am the one. I thought that they charged everybody the same rate. It still would be more costly to bring a majority of it from out of state.

#1111952 --- 11/29/09 03:41 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Tipping fees are standard for most.

but negotiable to attain business to come to Seneca Meadows and of course Volume Discounts!
So therefore you are saying dieselman is wrong when he says that it would not be economical to bring in the majority of the garbage to SM from out of state?

#1111953 --- 11/29/09 03:44 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: dieselman]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I probably am the one. I thought that they charged everybody the same rate. It still would be more costly to bring a majority of it from out of state.
I still don't understand why you are saying that? If garbage comes from Ohio or Canada, don't they pay the shipping cost to get it here?

#1111955 --- 11/29/09 03:45 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

No, what I am saying is Seneca Meadows has the authority and marketing ability to make it economically feasable to bring it in from out-of-state.

#1111957 --- 11/29/09 03:47 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

Canada may be partially subsidized by the government. Same with any municipal government.

KLIE - you to to remember - WHO is paying for garbage pickup and disposal. Any idiot would know it is built into the taxes you pay.

Can you not comprehend how the total cycle works -WOW!!

#1111958 --- 11/29/09 03:49 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

No, what I am saying is Seneca Meadows has the authority and marketing ability to make it economically feasable to bring it in from out-of-state.
So you are saying dieselman is mis-informed? And even if Seneca County recycled everything 100%, SM would still grow by 6,000 tons per day for the next 14 years? And make money by doing it?

Edited by kyle585 (11/29/09 03:55 PM)

#1111960 --- 11/29/09 03:51 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Canada may be partially subsidized by the government. Same with any municipal government.

KLIE - you to to remember - WHO is paying for garbage pickup and disposal. Any idiot would know it is built into the taxes you pay.

Can you not comprehend how the total cycle works -WOW!!
Yes I understand that but apparently dieselman doesn't. So you are saying there is no way we can stop SM from accepting 6,000 tons per day for the next 14 years?

#1111964 --- 11/29/09 03:58 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

I am not saying anything about dieselman - he understands more about the landfill than you an pixie dust do.

YES - the DEC has authorized a maximum of 6000 tons a day- every day- for the next 14 years.

That is what SMI engineered the landfill for based on the DEC committment. It is a SOLID ROCK DONE DEAL AGREEMENT.

So now that you KNOW THAT.

What is your PLAN B?

#1111965 --- 11/29/09 04:03 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

of course accepting it by rail will dramatically reduce costs so they can accept it from farther points away

#1111967 --- 11/29/09 04:09 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I am not saying anything about dieselman - he understands more about the landfill than you an pixie dust do.

YES - the DEC has authorized a maximum of 6000 tons a day- every day- for the next 14 years.

That is what SMI engineered the landfill for based on the DEC committment. It is a SOLID ROCK DONE DEAL AGREEMENT.

So now that you KNOW THAT.

What is your PLAN B?
dieselman has been feeding us a bunch of baloney whether you want to hear it or not. He keeps pushing us to recycle to keep the size of SM down.

I am not convinced that we can't fight SM. If we can't, my plan B is move out of Seneca County. A sad state of affairs. Between the dump and the Indians not paying taxes, Seneca County has a bleak and unhealthy future ahead of it.

Edited by kyle585 (11/29/09 04:13 PM)

#1111968 --- 11/29/09 04:10 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: Hillbilly_Billy]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

of course accepting it by rail will dramatically reduce costs so they can accept it from farther points away
I still don't understand. Why would the shipper not pay the costs to get it here? How does that affect the profit of SM?

#1111975 --- 11/29/09 04:27 PM Re: ACT TODAY to stop rail transportation of garbage [Re: kyle585]
Hillbilly_Billy Offline

Say for example that a trash truck has to come from OHIO and when it gets here the price to dump is $48 dollars per ton. That $48 dollars is a part of the cost of picking up the trash from your curb. It may cost another $50 bucks to pick it up and have a long hauler get it to SMI. So total costs of getting rid of your dress boxes, lipstick containers and bath bubble containers is $98 bucks a ton.

In the mean time SMI is collecting $55 dollars a ton from shorter haul drivers as their "pick-up and transportation costs may be less.

All the costs are born on the taxpayer.

Now - if they come in from rail the cost to get them to SMI might be $35 dollars a ton instead of 50 dollars a ton. SMI will know this and then can raise that $48 dollars per ton to $55 or chose to lower it to $44 to bring in waste from farther away. The municipalities are already collecting the taxes so a break may be passed on or it may be put into the general fund.

You following this? or is it getting too complicated for you. There is another whole layer to the entire process yet....

Page 34 of 36 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 >