FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1077995 --- 09/17/09 03:18 AM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Daisy Duke]
reds4256rose Offline

Loc: Watertown
Originally Posted By: Daisy Duke
Bills fans...get a grip. This is way overboard whoever did this.

McKelvin's lawn gets vandalized
HAMBURG, N.Y. (AP) - The front lawn of a home belonging to Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin was vandalized following Buffalo's season-opening loss to New England.

Hamburg police on Tuesday confirmed the home of a Bills player was vandalized, but declined to release details of their investigation after an obscenity and the score of Monday night's game - a 25-24 loss to the Patriots - were painted in white on the player's lawn in suburban Buffalo.

McKelvin fumbled a kickoff return with under two minutes to play and the Bills leading 24-19. Three plays later, New England's Tom Brady hit Benjamin Watson for the go-ahead touchdown as the Patriots overcome an 11-point deficit in the final 2:06.

who ever comited this act should be happy considering the bills are staying consistent yet far lol, just joking, uncalled for, yes I love sports but would never go that far, just ridiculous

FingerLakes1.com
#1077997 --- 09/17/09 03:36 AM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: reds4256rose]
RedGreen Offline

Loc: Charlotte
Bills CB McKelvin lets lawn vandal incident go with laugh
Sep. 16, 2009
CBSSports.com wire reports

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin is so far willing to forgive and forget after two male teens admitted to police that they defaced the player's front lawn.

Hamburg police Sgt. Thomas Best said Wednesday night that McKelvin is refusing to press charges against two 16-year-olds, who said they were the ones who spray-painted a message and an obscenity across the grass in front of the player's home shortly after the Bills' season-opening 25-24 loss at New England on Monday night.

Best said it'll be up to the Erie County district's attorney's office to press charges against the two suspects. Best declined to release the names of the two teens because of their age, but noted they both live near McKelvin's home in suburban Buffalo.
The vandalism created headlines across the country, was fodder for numerous sports talk radio programs, and led to several Bills players questioning their privacy and security as they returned to practice to prepare to host Tampa Bay on Sunday.

While McKelvin said early Wednesday afternoon he didn't want anyone arrested for what happened, receiver Terrell Owens had a far more defiant reaction.

"Once we make it to the playoffs, tell them to do his lawn again," Owens said. "You just attribute that to ignorance."

Linebacker Kawika Mitchell had guessed that the vandalism was caused by "a bunch of kids," but still noted how NFL players are concerned about their security after Redskins safety Sean Taylor died of a gunshot wound following a botched burglary attempt in November 2007 at his Miami-area home.

"It's extremely dangerous when someone is going to come to your house and do anything that's going to affect you," Mitchell said.

McKelvin shrugged it off, saying he still considers Bills fans to be the greatest.

"It's just one little incident. I hope it doesn't happen any more," McKelvin said. "I was mad, I was kind of like angry in a way, but I was laughing a little bit for what they put on there. It was just something that isn't appropriate."

He was particularly impressed by a neighbor, who got out his lawn mower and cut the grass in bid to erase what had been painted.

And McKelvin's already looking ahead to playing Sunday.

"Right now it's all about Tampa Bay," he said.

McKelvin has plenty of reason to look forward after being partly blamed for the loss at New England, in which the Bills squandered an 11-point lead in the final 2:06.

After the Patriots scored to cut Buffalo's lead to 24-19, McKelvin was faulted for not taking a knee in the end zone on the ensuing kickoff. Instead, he ran the ball out and had the ball stripped from his hands. The Patriots recovered at the Bills 31 and scored the decisive touchdown three plays later.

"I've just got to do my job. And of course with that, with me handling the ball, I've got to protect it," McKelvin said, noting that he expects a warm reception from Bills fans on Sunday. "Buffalo fans are great. They're real great."

And some of those fans intend to prove it based on the numerous reactions supporting McKelvin posted on several Bills message boards.

Mike Stock, a Bills fan from Syracuse, said the vandalism is not a reflection of the team's fans or of Buffalo -- noted as "The City of Good Neighbors."

"It's unimaginable to me that someone would decide that losing a football game was justification to vandalize someone's property," Stock said. "I'm not only angry at the act, I'm angry at the potential message it conveys. ... Let him know we'll be there screaming 'Leodis' on Sunday and that we've got his back."

Harry Kozlowski, a season-ticket holder from New Hampshire, has suggested fans sign a giant card apologizing to McKelvin and deliver it to the Bills.

"The McKelvin incident is unfortunate because it tarnishes all Bills fans," Kozlowski said. "Football fans forget that players are human beings. Ruining a player's lawn is not going to help him play better. ... A show of support would do wonders for a guy who already has the weight of letting his teammates down on his shoulders."

Punter Brian Moorman has spent nine seasons in Buffalo and won't write off Bills fans because of one isolated incident.

"There's always going to be somebody out there that's an idiot," Moorman said. "To do something like that is just, I don't know, it lacks class. And I think Buffalo Bills fans have class."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12217049

#1078090 --- 09/17/09 08:10 AM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: RedGreen]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
Well Leodis is certianly good at making a fool of himself on many differetn levels... make the punks mow his lawn for a year, pay restitution, or even better make them pick up one of the parking lots after a couple of home games!!! No consequences for illegal acts is the wrong message to send to kids. But then again, we are talking about the NFL.

#1078435 --- 09/17/09 09:29 PM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Jelloshot]
Rascal Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Brewerton, NY, USA
The kids should be punished.

But what point is there in charging them with a real crime when it would all be washed away with a little community service and a youthful offender status.

The kids could probably learn more from some sort of therapy/community service.

Leodis made a play mistake on the field and is now showing compassion for a real life issue. I don't see how he is making a fool of himself.

If I were him I would be more than pissed. He is showing that he is a better man than most given the circumstances. And better at forgiving than myself.

The kids acted stupidly. But I would not want the babies thrown out with the bathwater just yet. This crime simply does not rise to that level.

Let a psychologist analyze them and make recommendations to the DA/parents.

Let the parents take responsibility and make it right.

And wait and hope for a positive outcome.

At that point, judge and decide and take further action if necessary.

#1078491 --- 09/18/09 06:13 AM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Rascal]
PYmastersteve Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
He made a mistake...Its just one game, its not a huge deal. The fact that they played as well as they did against the patriots is an accomplishment in itself. Live and learn move on.

#1079290 --- 09/20/09 06:44 PM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: PYmastersteve]
PYmastersteve Offline

Redemption!

#1079310 --- 09/20/09 07:43 PM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: PYmastersteve]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
I hope the Bill's took notes today from the Jets on HOW to beat the Patriots and HOW to keep Brady in check ;\)

#1079355 --- 09/21/09 04:46 AM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Ranger Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: GOD's 1/2 acre
the Bills had beat the Pat's. Then they beat themselves.

#1079404 --- 09/21/09 06:09 AM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Ranger]
PYmastersteve Offline

In my opinion brady is a little reluctant dropping back...i think he is scared lol he just looks a bit shaky ive never seen him screw up so many passes...

#1079414 --- 09/21/09 06:31 AM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: PYmastersteve]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
Exactly.... the Jets did what the Bills didn't. The bills chose to drop back and protect the pass giving Brady unbelievable accuracy. Where the Jet's put as much pressure on Brady as possible and forced him to drop back or out of the pocket where his accuracy is almost non-exsistant.

Yesterday was a big day! The Patriots were held without an offensive touchdown for the first time since Dec. 10, 2006 , but they also gave Belecheck his 2nd loss to a rookie, and they beat the patriots at home for the first time since 9/11/00. They also caused an interception, held him to 2 yards rushing, 23/47 passing, and also held brady to under 50 yards the entire second half! Something the Bills couldn't come close to doing LOL ;\)

#1079416 --- 09/21/09 06:37 AM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
PYmastersteve Offline

Talk crap about the bills all you want...the patriots didnt beat the bills, the bills beat the bills...

#1080574 --- 09/23/09 04:35 PM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: PYmastersteve]
reds4256rose Offline

Loc: Watertown
Originally Posted By: PYmastersteve
Talk crap about the bills all you want...the patriots didnt beat the bills, the bills beat the bills...
let him spew his sports "knowledge", very surprised at the Afc east this year, well kinda lol but the whole division is up for grabs by any of the four teams, they all look like powerhouses, especially Buffalo, if they can play consistent ball like they did against the Bucs all year they will be div. champs,same with the jets,the Pats have some tweaking to do,and Miami looks superb but cant get a break. The jets real test comes this weekend, lets see how that D holds up against Brown and the Titans, same for the Bills with that passing game of New Orleans

#1080629 --- 09/23/09 07:09 PM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: reds4256rose]
Daisy Duke Offline

Loc: Hazzard County
Bills D needs to be on it's game against Brees and company.

#1080863 --- 09/24/09 11:13 AM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Daisy Duke]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we are going to get slapped around this weekend. With our no huddle it puts our D on the field longer and with the "aints" offense- that is not going to be a good thing.

#1080996 --- 09/24/09 06:33 PM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Jelloshot]
Daisy Duke Offline

Originally Posted By: Jelloshot
I hope I'm wrong, but I think we are going to get slapped around this weekend. With our no huddle it puts our D on the field longer and with the "aints" offense- that is not going to be a good thing.

Excellent point Jelloshot. And Brees has come outta the gate on fire. Bills D is down Poz, which is significant. Throw a worn out D in the mix. Not looking good. I'm surprised the point spread is only 5 1/2.

#1082202 --- 09/28/09 09:38 AM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Daisy Duke]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

hmmm leave our D (who for the most part, played an awesome game) on the field too long against the 'aints and boom!
That and a disgusting (again) performance by what they call an offense.
When it was 10-7 I'm thinking that we NEED points and we need them now! T.O. wide open on a fly route and zipperhead overthrows him by 10 yards! grrrrrr
Start a drive and three and out, three and out, three and out!
Time for an offensive minded HEAD COACH and new Offensive Coordinator and....
WE NEED A TOP QB!
Squish the fish!

#1082325 --- 09/28/09 01:26 PM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Jelloshot]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Injuries continue to pile up on 1-2 Bills
by Brian Galliford on Sep 28, 2009 1:30 PM EDT

The Buffalo Bills entered their Week 3 contest with the New Orleans Saints already down multiple starters. RT Brad Butler and TE Derek Schouman were placed on Injured Reserve last week. MLB Paul Posluszny has missed two straight games, and will miss a few more, as he recovers from a broken arm.

Add FS Donte Whitner and CB Leodis McKelvin to the list.

Whitner is having surgery on his thumb today, according to BuffaloBills.com (citing today's Dick Jauron press conference). Jauron called Whitner "week to week," but the fourth-year safety has not yet been ruled out of next Sunday's game in Miami.

McKelvin has a cracked fibula, and Jauron mentioned that his injury would be a more significant time loss than Whitner's week-to-week prognosis. McKelvin was capably replaced in the starting lineup by Drayton Florence - who made his Bills debut yesterday - while Whitner's reps were split between Jairus Byrd and George Wilson.

Whitner's running mate at safety, Bryan Scott, is getting an MRI today on the ankle he injured in Sund

Other Bills dealing with injuries: TE Shawn Nelson (shoulder), TE Derek Fine (arm), OT Demetrius Bell (groin), C Geoff Hangartner (back), DT John McCargo (calf), and CB Terrence McGee (ankle). Receivers Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish were both listed on the injury report last week as well. All of these players have different degrees of seriousness on their injuries, but right now, the Whitner and McKelvin injuries are the closest to long-term injuries.

oye!

#1082379 --- 09/28/09 05:13 PM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Jelloshot]
Daisy Duke Offline

Originally Posted By: Jelloshot
hmmm leave our D (who for the most part, played an awesome game) on the field too long against the 'aints and boom!
That and a disgusting (again) performance by what they call an offense.
When it was 10-7 I'm thinking that we NEED points and we need them now! T.O. wide open on a fly route and zipperhead overthrows him by 10 yards! grrrrrr
Start a drive and three and out, three and out, three and out!
Time for an offensive minded HEAD COACH and new Offensive Coordinator and....
WE NEED A TOP QB!
Squish the fish!

Rumor mill has it Washington is going to fire their head coach. John Gruden and Mike Shanahan are out there. And we're stuck w/Jauron. How about next year, increase season ticket prices slightly, dump TO's salary and go after Bill Cowher? Ralph is too cheap to go for a head coach w/a proven record! And right on, Jello...Edwards does not appear to be the answer.

#1082559 --- 09/29/09 07:08 AM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Daisy Duke]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Philly should cut loose Kolb after McNab is healed, and Buffalo should grab him fast and make him the starter!

T.O.: Use Him or Lose Him
Reported by: Mike Catalana
Email: mcatalana@13wham.com

Terrell Owens recently signed with the Buffalo Bills. He was barely part of the offense. A highly compensated, very talented wide receiver with skills to make defensive coordinators nervous. But the Bills make it easy for the other team. The receiver is almost an afterthought to the decision making of the quarterback and the play calling of the coaches. After the game he tells reporters that there were plays to be made but they just didnít make them. You could infer that the Bills receiver was criticizing Trent Edwards. It is not a stretch. You should also know that the receiver I am talking about is Lee Evans.

T.O. is also highly paid and able to scare defenses. Like Evans he was also irrelevant Sunday against the Saints. Owens also spoke to reporters briefly after the loss. The difference in their post game comments was that Owens said almost nothing. But it wasnít what he said; it was how he said it. Or did not say it. Owens told reporters that we would just twist what he said. He is probably right. But it doesnít take Dr. Phil to evaluate Owens demeanor, tone and body language Sunday. He is a very frustrated player and he actually has a right to be.

Owens and Evans were supposed to be the dynamic duo of the Bills 2009, no huddle offense. As Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News pointed out, the two superstar receivers are tied for the team TD reception lead this season with defensive end Ryan Denney. They receivers each got one in the Bucs win, but have been total non factors in the losses to the Patriots and the Saints.

It is not that Owens is without fault. He has a drop in each game so far. His effort on one long pass yesterday was marginal at best. He appears to sulk on some plays that are not going his way. He is a petulant, me first guy on the field. He is the exact guy that the Bills knew he was when they brought him to town to sell tickets. But even with all of his T.O. tantrums in San Fran, Philly and Dallas, he made up for some of it by making plays and scoring touchdowns. With the Bills this year, he might as well be the guy who wore 81 a year ago. Then rookie James Hardy also had one touchdown after three games in 2008. And his score actually won a game. Owens touchdown was an A-Rod special. A late game, meaningless stat-padder.

I put a lot of the blame on coach Dick Jauron and quarterback Trent Edwards. They both need an injection of attitude. Trent plays the game the way he is coached. Donít take chances. Donít lose. That comes right from his coach. I praised Jauron a week ago for taking a few chances against the Bucs. Then in a game where they were over matched, he went into a shell. His quarterback did the exact same thing. He played the conservative, check down game. He did take a couple of pops down field and he missed on them. Maybe he got gun shy on Owens because the one time he tried to force a throw to him it was a terrible decision and the ball got picked off.

Like I said, I think the Bills have a T.O. problem. He is ready to blow up. Maybe he will surprise us all by just giving name, rank and serial number again, but his history says otherwise. When the Bills signed T.O., the Bills knew they were buying a temperamental sports car with some serious miles on the odometer. But at least with the sports car you get some serious high speed runs before you break down on the side of the road. Owens has already sold your tickets. Now figure out how to make him part of the show or ship him out of town.

#1082782 --- 09/29/09 06:16 PM Re: Buffalo Bills 2009 [Re: Jelloshot]
Daisy Duke Offline

Video of TO's post game interview on 9/27. There may be a Bills ticket ad in front of the video (sorry).I agree w/him, "I'm just goin' w/the plays that are called" (inferring poor play calling), but look at his breathing...he's a bomb waiting to go off. \:o
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge...7a-ae17d7394289

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >