FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1003900 --- 04/03/09 10:21 PM Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn
natron717 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Please join us in Auburn, NY on April 15th if you...
Are you fed up with a Congress and a president who:

•vote for a $500 billion tax bill without even reading it?
•are spending trillions of borrowed dollars, leaving a debt our great-grandchildren will be paying?
•consistently give special interest groups billions of dollars to help get themselves re-elected?
•want to take your wealth and redistribute it to others?
•punish those who practice responsible financial behavior and reward those who do not?
•admit to using the financial hurt of millions as an opportunity to push their political agenda?
•run up trillions of dollars of debt and then sell that debt to countries such as China?
•want to impose a carbon tax on your electricity, gas and home heating fuels?
•want to reduce your tax deductibility for charitable gifts?
•take money from your family budget to pay for their federal budget?

Where:
24 South St. Auburn at the City Hall
When:
12:00 -2:00PM
What:
Please bring a sign ( "Stop the Bailouts" "Taxed Enough Already" etc.).
Please invite your friends.

FingerLakes1.com
#1003903 --- 04/03/09 10:24 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: natron717]
reilley Offline
Silver Member

Loc: between here and there
and whos heading up this shindig?

#1003911 --- 04/03/09 10:36 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: reilley]
Senecamom Offline

Loc: On a journey......
It must be part of the National Tax Day Tea Parties... they are being held all over the country for people that feel they are [T]axed [E]nough [A]lready.

#1003984 --- 04/04/09 05:36 AM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: Senecamom]
Ranger Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: GOD's 1/2 acre
if it wasn't on a Wednesday, and smack dab in the middle of the day I'd go. I don't know right now what stage of construction we'd be in, and I wouldn't leave my boss hanging like that. But if it was possible without causing the rest of the crew difficulty, I'd be there.

#1004135 --- 04/04/09 10:21 AM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: Ranger]
reilley Offline
Silver Member

i'll make enough racket for the both of us Ranger!
just one thing....will someone come and visit if I get taken away???

#1004228 --- 04/04/09 02:09 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: reilley]
Ranger Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: GOD's 1/2 acre
this time, I'll bring you the coffee ;\)

if it happens that, that day, I can get away, I'll let ya know a head of time

#1004814 --- 04/05/09 08:13 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: reilley]
natron717 Offline

I am heading this up with another guy at work...It is connected to the nationwide protests planned. http://www.teapartyday.com

http://www.schoolandstate.org

#1007223 --- 04/09/09 10:27 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: natron717]
natron717 Offline

Slightly New Location :
160 Genesee St. (Cayuaga County Building)

Slightly Expanded Time:
12-7PM?

We are getting a lot of interest from people. Spread the word so we can have a big showing against big government and big taxes!

#1007458 --- 04/10/09 01:00 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: natron717]
reilley Offline
Silver Member

why the expanded hrs? Is there a County Legislature meeting going on or anything special?

#1007782 --- 04/11/09 01:04 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: reilley]
natron717 Offline

we thought maybe more people could come after work if we made it longer (or people could some for a part of it)

#1008153 --- 04/12/09 11:30 AM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: natron717]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

Loc: Greeneville, TN
You may also wish to voice your concern with our Congressional representative while you're in Auburn. I may well join you.

Congressman Arcuri
Auburn, NY Office:

17 E. Genesee Street
Auburn, NY 13021
Phone: 315 252-2777/2778
Fax: 315 252-2779

#1008713 --- 04/13/09 06:35 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
reilley Offline
Silver Member

Local tax protest planned for Wednesday
By: The Citizen staff report

Monday, April 13, 2009 4:07 PM EDT

Nate Gilbert has had enough of big government spending and the growing debt, and he will remain silent no more.
The 28-year-old from Seneca Falls and employee at Auburn's New Hope Mills is organizing a demonstration starting at noon outside the county office building on Genesee Street in Auburn on the federal and state tax deadline, Wednesday, April 15, to protest the government spending he views as too much for the country to bear.

The demonstration, a TEA Party - that is Taxed Enough Already Party - will be one of nearly 2,000 protests occurring simultaneously in cities and towns big and small across the nation to raise awareness of the rising cost of government.

"For me, it was a personal awareness that our government was becoming bankrupt and seeing the government grow and take on more and more debt and really reach a point of not being able to service its own debt," Gilbert said. "So I guess probably with the recent bailouts and other things, I got more and more vocal about the problems our government is leading us towards."

For more on this story, see Tuesday's edition of The Citizen.

#1008781 --- 04/13/09 08:47 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: reilley]
natron717 Offline

More and more people are hearing about the tea party in Auburn to protest big goverment and big taxes. The Auburn Citizen is planning to run a story tomorrow and Finger Lakes Radio Group is having us organizers on the radio.

Please invite anyone who believes in limited government, economic freedom, and balanced budgets. Feel free to forward this e-mail.

Where: 160 Genesee St. near the Cayuga County Court House

When: 12noon-5PM (12-2 and then extra time so more people can join us)

What: Waving signs, passing out flyers, etc.

See you Wednesday!
Nate and Doug
"We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..."

Slogans
“Free thinkers for a free market”
“Spare us Your 'Change'”
“Bailouts, Stimulus, and Pork. Oh My!”
“Party Like it's 1773”
“The Answer to 2009 is 1776”
“Don't Stimulate: Liberate”
“Paying My Mortgage, and Yours Too”
“Don't Tread on Me”
“Keep Your Bailout; I’ll Keep My Freedom”
“Obamanomics: Chains You Can Believe In”
“Born Free, Taxed to Death”
“Give me Liberty, not Debt”
“Pillage and Plunder: At Least the Vikings did it Openly”
“Commander and Thief”
“If You Think Health Care is Expensive Now, Wait Until it's Free”
“It’s not a stimulus bill, it’s a strangulation bill.”
“Your Mortgage is Not My Problem”
“Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth.”
“Repeal the Bailout”

#1009629 --- 04/15/09 09:53 AM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: natron717]
Senecamom Offline

Loc: On a journey......
Originally Posted By: natron717
More and more people are hearing about the tea party in Auburn to protest big goverment and big taxes. The Auburn Citizen is planning to run a story tomorrow and Finger Lakes Radio Group is having us organizers on the radio.

Please invite anyone who believes in limited government, economic freedom, and balanced budgets. Feel free to forward this e-mail.

Where: 160 Genesee St. near the Cayuga County Court House

When: 12noon-5PM (12-2 and then extra time so more people can join us)

What: Waving signs, passing out flyers, etc.

See you Wednesday!
Nate and Doug
"We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..."

Slogans
“Free thinkers for a free market”
“Spare us Your 'Change'”
“Bailouts, Stimulus, and Pork. Oh My!”
“Party Like it's 1773”
“The Answer to 2009 is 1776”
“Don't Stimulate: Liberate”
“Paying My Mortgage, and Yours Too”
“Don't Tread on Me”
“Keep Your Bailout; I’ll Keep My Freedom”
“Obamanomics: Chains You Can Believe In”
“Born Free, Taxed to Death”
“Give me Liberty, not Debt”
“Pillage and Plunder: At Least the Vikings did it Openly”
“Commander and Thief”
“If You Think Health Care is Expensive Now, Wait Until it's Free”
“It’s not a stimulus bill, it’s a strangulation bill.”
“Your Mortgage is Not My Problem”
“Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth.”
“Repeal the Bailout”

#1009670 --- 04/15/09 12:13 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: Senecamom]
Dinky Dau Offline

Loc: Confused
Hundreds gather for Tax Day Tea Party in Syracuse
by Sarah Moses / The Post-Standard
Wednesday April 15, 2009, 12:14 PM

John Berry / The Post-Standard
Ronald Frodelius of Fayetteville flies an American flag upside-down as "a sign of distress for our country" during today's Tax Day Tea Party protest outside of the James M. Hanley Federal Building in Syracuse.
Syracuse, NY -- Hundreds of demonstrators are gathering today in downtown Syracuse for a "Tax Day Tea Party."

It's one of more than 1,500 rallies planned in 550 American cities on the deadline day for Americans to pay their 2008 income taxes.

Debbie Grenier from Pompey said she has never come out to a protest or demonstration before but feels the extensive spending in Washington needs to stop.

"I don't like the bailouts and all taxation that is going on right now," Grenier said, who came out today with her husband and seven children. "I'm nervous about the taxes that are coming and worried that we are going to lose our freedom of speech."

The demonstration began at 11:30 a.m. outside the James M. Hanley Federal Building.

Hundreds of people carrying signs and waving flags responded to organizer Joanne Wilder's speech with cheers and applause.

The demonstration is one of more than 1,500 rallies planned in 550 American cities today, the deadline day for Americans to pay their 2008 income taxes.

A second local demonstration is scheduled for 5 to 7 p.m. today at Long Branch Park in Liverpool.

Read more on the Tax Day Tea Party in Syracuse.

More top links:

Huffington Post: Jane Hamsher of firedoglake.com says the Tax Day Tea Parties are organized by "lobbyists and influence peddlers."

Instapundit Glenn Reynolds: It's not "astroturfing," it's "grassroots."

BuffaloPundit blogs about the Tea Party held March 30 in Buffalo.

Opinion: The income tax system is broken

Today's the deadline to file state and federal returns -- how late are the post offices open?

#1009810 --- 04/15/09 05:41 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: Dinky Dau]
justaxme Offline

Loc: On top?
So how did it go?

#1009851 --- 04/15/09 07:14 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: justaxme]
natron717 Offline

Pretty well ...over 60 people came and LOTS of honks from passerbyers....www.campaignforliberty.com

#1009901 --- 04/15/09 09:56 PM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: natron717]
SkySoldier Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Finger Lakes National Forest, ...
tens of thousands all over the nation.

It's still goingon in many cities!

Grass roots dems and republicans, tossing tea bas into rivers, shouting USA USA USA, looking for an alternate party besides the status quo.

Cool beans NATIONALLY!

We can fix that.

America is not THE problem.

Next time. Vote for the AMERICAN.

#1010012 --- 04/16/09 07:24 AM Re: Taxed Enough Already Party in Auburn [Re: SkySoldier]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca Falls,NY,
What does this accomplish? To make people aware you feel you are taxed enough. Don't you think everyone knows it?