18 Million $$ for a football field!!

Posted by: Dr Dick

18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/02/12 05:46 PM

That sure is a lot of cash for football at Mynderse. Plus all the other renovations around all the schools. Now we will hire more family and friends to take care of it. I know,I know,it wasn't REAL money. It was the reserve fund. Too bad you don't have to OWN property to vote. At least the "township" can pitch in.
Posted by: Here's Johnny

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/02/12 07:32 PM

Regardless of the criticism, the new field will be a good thing.
Posted by: Ambient

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/02/12 08:27 PM

Welcome, Dr. Dick. You are so correct. It is a waste of money. If parents want their kids to play sports, let 'em pay for it. There is no....no educational benefit from high school sports as now configured. Let 'em spend $18 million on a math program or a mechanical engineering curriculum. High school sports support only the egos of ignorant parents and builds false esteem for their underachieving offspring. Show me an Indian (India) quarterback....a Pakistani running back.... The parents of those children send them to school to learn skills to make them successful.
Posted by: Carerinoa

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/02/12 10:11 PM

Right, no educational benefit. Education isn't all about books but some of you will never understand that. It's a done deal ... pissing and moaning isn't going to change a thing at this point, so give it up.
I am a parent of a sports minded child and I am from from ignorant nor do I have an ego. I am not building false esteem and in no way is he an underachiever. He has learned may things from playing sports that books or classes can't teach. As far as I'm concerned your comment just shows you were one of those kids who was picked last for a team as a child. I'm sorry it has ruined your life. SMH
Posted by: VM Smith

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/02/12 11:47 PM

Quote:
At least the "township" can pitch in.

What do you mean by that? If you mean the Town of SF, that's been in SFCSD for many years...maybe since the initial centralization of SF schools. So is the eastern half of Fayette, down to the south Townline Road. If you want to net the big bucks, the net's got to be big enough to catch a lot of victims.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/02/12 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny

It'll look even better from over here in Dryden, which is where I fetched up when I fled the SFCSD. School taxes 25% lower. In fact, since it's the "reserve fund", which you can pretend is money that materialized out of thin air, instead of having been previously stolen from the livestock, there's really no reason you shouldn't build two football fields. By the insane logic of the football education industry, keeping a field in reserve will obviously save the tax livestock from having to fund another one in a few years. In the logic of school boards, it would then be fitting for the victims to thank the board.
Posted by: URPorcine

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 12:03 AM

I love statements like this that people make yet do not back up. Care to explain yourself?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 02:29 AM

Sure thing. Sports programs provide invaluable experiences for those who participate. Now that public education has become such a mess organized sports activities and other extra curricular events are the last bastion for the instruction of such important concepts as: team work, goal setting, discipline, and learning how to accept criticism. Although it will be true that maybe few of those involved will go on to be professional athletes the experiences they have had will serve them well in any number of business and professional careers.
The artificial turf field will be able to be used constantly. No need to worry about the condition of the grass turf like when it's too rainy and it gets torn up. Also all the teams get to play their games on Bracht Field. No more arguments over who gets to play on the big field.
Posted by: 1moreagain

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 03:47 AM

Didnt they just rebuild the field a few yearsago.Maybe they think a new field will help them win?
Posted by: DR. D

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 05:55 AM

Just a random thought,the field was rebuilt and looks pretty nice. Uh, now what will we do with it if a merger takes place.......
Posted by: Fart in the Wind

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 08:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Ambient

Show me an Indian (India) quarterback....a Pakistani running back.... The parents of those children send them to school to learn skills to make them successful.

Their football is soccer, they do not play American football. Those parents would be spending 18 M on cricket and field hockey fields. And they send their children to some of the best colleges in the world, the United States.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 08:47 AM

The Indians and Pakastanis embrace athletics as well. They work harder because they want to be here. They study more, are more rigorous in academic pursuits, and instill discipline...at home. All important distinctions.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 08:53 AM

Okay, FIW: Show me an $18M high school soccer field....or cricket field for that matter. As for the skills learned....wouldn't it be better to put that sum of tax money into building better students.
"... team work, goal setting, discipline, and learning how to accept criticism" are the qualities students are supposed to be learning in the classroom. It's the type of instruction that should be available to all students, not just those who can catch a ball. Imagine the science lab that could be built with half that money or the quality of other educational services that could be provided for all students. No. The the school district is spending $18M on grass that doesn't grow and services that do nothing to advance education.
Posted by: surelyhonest

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 09:31 AM

Look at the bigger picture ~ go around to the other school yards to see the work that took all summer to do and add those costs that into the mix - outrageous!!!!! Also, how many out of town workers were employed??
Posted by: Hackley44

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 10:03 AM

Well we did just win our season opener 66-28 for the first time in how many years?! Lol ;p

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 10:05 AM

For any one interested the opening ceremony is at 7:00 this Friday night. It should be a lot of fun AND free admission!!! Hahaha

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 10:20 AM

Okay, FIW: Show me an $18M high school soccer field....or cricket field for that matter. As for the skills learned....wouldn't it be better to put that sum of tax money into building better students.

Using 18 M was an analogy not a fact.
I am guessing that the 18M at Mynderse also includes the track, upgrades to other facilities; probably more than just a football field. If you are frustrated with your taxes then say it. That could be a more valid point. Do not just hide behind hating sports and being in denial about the benefits of athletics for the kids in your community.
Where do you think some of those kids would be hanging out between 4 PM and 6 PM if they did not have sports? SFPD would need to hire more people for their department. Oops, excuse me while I duck!

Cricket: The sport religion of India
In the context of today, it can be said that Cricket has become synonymous with the identity of being an Indian sports enthusiast. Such is the charisma of the game in the nation and so badly are the people influenced with the aura of Cricket-stars that their glory and fan following can easily put some Bollywood stars to shame.

Although the national game of India is Hockey and the country has been a strong power in the game at world level for a long period, still over the period of time Hockey took the back seat and Cricket came to the forefront as far as popularity among the masses is concerned. The main reason behind this might be Indias strong presence in the arena of Cricket, and its gradually diminishing strength in world Hockey.

The Dhoni Effect
Then a young boy from the state of Jharkhand with rock star-like looks and college boys-like attitude entered the scenario. The boy named Mahendra Singh Dhoni, popularly known as Mahi among the young crowd soon became the icon of Indian Cricket. Under the leadership of this talented batsman and captain, Indian Cricket team managed to win the first Twenty20 Cricket World Cup, which gave the already game a yet another boost among the sports freaks of the nation.

The M.S. Dhoni led team has been said to be one of the most successful teams Indian Cricket had ever got, and has time and again proved its strength by winning many major international championships and trophies.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 11:38 AM

Quote:
Those parents would be spending 18 M on cricket and field hockey fields. And they send their children to some of the best colleges in the world, the United States.

I doubt that they spend $18 m on children's soccer fields. I don't even know if they view a school as a proper place for athletic fields. Maybe they think that athletics and learning are two very, and properly, separate things; they may make other arrangements for sports.

And with very few exceptions, probably involving athletic scholarships, I'll bet they don't come over here to our colleges so that they can play soccer...they have priorities, and know what school is really for. They may be both soccer and education nuts, but I doubt that they have anything like the NCAA, which is a business unrelated to education.

It's a slick scam that the pro athletics businesses run; they get the colleges and the parents to pay for college athletic programs, at least at the majority of schools that don't get the big TV bucks, and then use them for free farm teams.

And in the high schools, some parents advocate putting a gun to other people's heads to steal yet more money for the "education" budget so that their little darling can play some game. Beautiful.
Posted by: PinkMom4

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 12:44 PM

you are way off sports teaches so much to kids it teaches them teamwork which incase you haven't noticed you will most likely need to know when you get a career...You must work by yourself or maybe you were just never good at sports and that is why your bashing it. It also teaches so much more and not to mention keeps kids in shape and out of trouble. Sports is just like a gym class, but outside of the gym..Studies have shown that a kid who is into sports is less likely to be doing drugs, smoking cigs and drinking alcohol..Also for those of you that don't know if you are not passing a class you can not play sports you are put on what is called a probation period and until you get your grades back up you can not play.
Posted by: Bob_Mascari

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 01:27 PM

As a taxpayer in the SFSD (yeah I know it's a vacant lot), I am in favor of spending to improve the infrastructure of the school. In addition to the many benefits I associate with sports from personal experience, I also see an up-to-date school campus as a key to helping maintain property values.

When my wife and I bought our house on Onondaga Hill, our primary focus was an excellent school district that was big enough to offer many opportunities for our kids and small enough for them to take advantage of them. The fact that the school taxes were very high come in a distance second to the education of our children. And with our youngest now entering her senior year, I can confidently say that my attitude won't change after she graduates. When it comes time to sell my house, I want the advantage of a strong school district as a selling point.

Westhill and Mynderse are similar in size so I do see an apt comparison. I realize times are tough and money is tight, but there is no better investment for a community and the future than education -- and that includes sports.

JMHO.
Posted by: SportsRef1

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 01:28 PM

"Studies have shown that a kid who is into sports is less likely to be doing drugs, smoking cigs and drinking alcohol."

nice liberal ideology.....but like most things the so called experts study......if it were only true!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 02:31 PM

I know as a student, that having these facilities upgraded it gives me a sense of pride. Just when I think about how Seneca Falls has one of, if not the best sports complexes in central NY! These upgrades brighten up our campus and make us proud to say that we are apart of the SFCSD. The Re-Done hallways in Mynderse are amazing and make the school feel a lot less jail like and more comfortable, and I can't wait until they start to redo the outside of the school this fall with new windows and a completely redone exterior. It makes me almost excited to go back to school this Wednesday!! Hahaha And I would like to congratulate the board and Mr.McKeveny for a job VERY well done. I am PROUD to be a student in the SFCSD
Posted by: dieterhater2

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 02:48 PM

Is someone going to address the broken crane / scoreboard dropping debacle?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 07:16 PM

"... team work, goal setting, discipline, and learning how to accept criticism" are the qualities students are supposed to be learning in the classroom. It's the type of instruction that should be available to all students, not just those who can catch a ball. Imagine the science lab that could be built with half that money or the quality of other educational services that could be provided for all students. No. The the school district is spending $18M on grass that doesn't grow and services that do nothing to advance education.

No...you are the one who is mistaken. There is a lot going on to advance education out there on the field where the grass doesn't grow.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: PinkMom4
you are way off sports teaches so much to kids it teaches them teamwork which incase you haven't noticed you will most likely need to know when you get a career...You must work by yourself or maybe you were just never good at sports and that is why your bashing it. It also teaches so much more and not to mention keeps kids in shape and out of trouble. Sports is just like a gym class, but outside of the gym..Studies have shown that a kid who is into sports is less likely to be doing drugs, smoking cigs and drinking alcohol..Also for those of you that don't know if you are not passing a class you can not play sports you are put on what is called a probation period and until you get your grades back up you can not play.

It is easy to bash the process but the truth of how better off the kids who participate are is a fact.
Posted by: Code Red

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: DR. D
Just a random thought,the field was rebuilt and looks pretty nice. Uh, now what will we do with it if a merger takes place.......

Will they have to paint over the Mynderse Academy in the end zones?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/03/12 09:16 PM

"Studies have shown that a kid who is into sports is less likely to be doing drugs, smoking cigs and drinking alcohol."
What does this say about the quality of instruction at SFCD? I don't know why I have to pay for your kid to play. It's a waste of money. There is no overriding reason for spending $18M for kids to play. Spend $18M for kids to learn and the we all benefit. Who wins with with this? Dimwit parents who think I owe them $300 uniforms and phony grass field for their concussed kids to feel validated? Jeeze. Pick up freakin' book.
Posted by: bluezone

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 08:07 AM

Let 'em spend $18 million on a math program or a mechanical engineering curriculum.

correct
Posted by: grinch

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 08:34 AM

Too late now, perhaps more research on the cost of installing plus maintenance, plus replacement of the artificial turf every 8 years or so should have been done.

http://cafnr.missouri.edu/research/turfgrass-costs.php

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 09:45 AM

Quote:
Studies have shown that a kid who is into sports is less likely to be doing drugs, smoking cigs and drinking alcohol.

Correlation doesn't mean causation, of course. They like to play games, and so naturally are drawn to sports, which give them exercise. They could exercise on their own, though; it is possible to exercise without the aid of a football.

The fact that it is hard to drink a beer while throwing a ball or doing laps means nothing. Putting them in handcuffs would do the same thing. Would people be touting the benefits of that?

Quote:
Who wins with with this?

Those who sell athletic gear, plus some contractors, and the coaching staff and maintenance crew. Also, the school administrators, who will then be able to say say that they oversee a bigger budget, and so deserve more money. You will have no choice; the collective rules.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 10:08 AM

Quote:
I know as a student, that having these facilities upgraded it gives me a sense of pride.

Garbled syntax. Lose "it".

Quote:
Just when I think about how Seneca Falls has one of, if not the best sports complexes in central NY!

Okay...you "think", you say. You think what? What would the sentence say if you completed it, and it actually conveyed meaning?

Quote:
The Re-Done hallway

Caps inappropriate.

Quote:
I am PROUD to be a student in the SFCSD

Needs a period, but why are you proud? What, of value, have you learned, for Pete's sake, at Sports Academy? FI, learning, from sports, that life means competition is pretty useless if your English is so poor that you are unprepared to meet that competition. Have you considered studying, instead of devoting your time to children's games?

You did obviously gain the thing that Sports Academy, often called MA, is most geared to instill, which is overbearing self-esteem and pride, with an attitude, whether it's warranted or not. Hey...after 12 years, there has to be some result, such as your callous propensity to thumb your nose at those who have had money extracted from them, at gunpoint, so that you could go somewhere and spend your time and our money tossing a ball. You haven't learned much, you're not as smart as you think you are, and your manners suck. Good luck, though!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 10:35 AM

Geez thank god I don't want to be an English major!!! :'D

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 10:52 AM

One would think that learning to use a language well enough to express thoughts on an adult level (and I believe that if one habitually can't clearly express thoughts, it means that one habitually doesn't have clear thoughts) is a major goal of education.

Good luck!
Posted by: kyle585

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Hackley44
Just when I think about how Seneca Falls has one of, if not the best sports complexes in central NY!
I don't know what you are thinking about either but whatever it is there should a comma after "best" to match the one after "of" to form a complete phrase. (And I am far from an English major)

http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/qa-ell.html

U.S. Department of Education

Limited-English proficient students (also sometimes referred to as English-language learners) may suffer repeated failure in the classroom, falling behind in grade, and dropping out of school if they are not provided services to overcome language barriers. Students who are not proficient in English are sometimes inappropriately placed in special education classes. Also, because of their lack of English proficiency, qualified students often do not have access to high track courses or Gifted and Talented programs.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 11:53 AM

HAckley44 is under the age of 18 and a highschool student in seneca falls. So not only should he not be posting on the board but he is also living proof that seneca falls should of spent that 18 million dollars on their education program and not their sports facility.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 12:38 PM

Please except my apology, and I'll try to clarify.

Just because many young people are quite full of themselves, and often think they are smarter than they are, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't smart, and quite smart enough to do well in life, at that.

You might aspire to be a football coach, a physicist, or POTUS. Whichever, it's quite possible that you will achieve your goal.

But, even if the ideas in your head are very fine ideas, if you can't clearly communicate them to those around you, you will be less effective than you could be.

If you think properly using English has much to do with being an English major, you are mistaken. That has more to do with becoming successful in a particular field, usually, but language is a tool kit that's used by everyone, more or less well, whether she be a plumber, or the POTUS, or somebody in China who wants a job more than do some Americans.

If you think that gaining an education is merely a matter of obtaining the proper credentials to enter a particular field, then you understand how too much of society works, but you are missing the point of a broad-based education, which is to prepare you for life by training you to think logically, and to make sense of the chaos of info that life constantly throws at us, and to make informed, logical decisions.

FI, the study of history isn't really about memorizing facts and dates, although I think that without them, it's impossible to follow the thread. To know why things happen, one has to know who did them, and in what order, and in response to what, and so, why. The "why" is what you should be after. If one knows that, it's easier to know why people act now, and if you know that, and also what happened when similar things were done, back in the day, it's easier to know whether any given present action is appropriate, effective, or even ethical.

When I was a half-grown child, and even more ignorant than I am now, perhaps, I asked my dad if college teaches everything one should know. He replied that it can give one some idea of what one doesn't know.

As much as anything, I think that is the proper goal of education; from humility can come wisdom. By humility, I don't mean that one should go through life bowing and scraping, and kissing butt; I just mean that humility is the only thing that will cause us to admit to ourselves that we don't know everything, and so realize that all of life must be for learning; effort is all that's needed.

So, I shouldn't have implied that you aren't smart; you may well be very smart. Stupidity and ignorance aren't the same thing, and the beginning of wisdom is, for all of us, to admit to at least some ignorance, and to try to learn as much as possible.

In fairness to youth, I must say that I think that may be easier as we age, after life has inevitably abraded at least some of the wisdom-deflecting polish of self-absorption off of us.

Good luck, and don't neglect laughter and love; they are the other major parts of a good life; knowledge and money and power are empty without them.

Two more things: Always check your work, and always wear clean underwear; you never can tell... \:\)

And sports? Tons of fun, and they give an opportunity for exercise, and can be excellent for health, provided that one doesn't suffer any permanent injury, as often happens, but they have nothing to do with education, and shouldn't be conflated with worthwhile education, and so shouldn't be in education budgets, the money for which is seized by coercion.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: 1moreagain
HAckley44 is under the age of 18 and a highschool student in seneca falls. So not only should he not be posting on the board but he is also living proof that seneca falls should of spent that 18 million dollars on their education program and not their sports facility.

Some of you are unbelieveable. Hackley44's age has nothing to do with any of this. He hasn't been rude or disrespectful, just stating his opinions. Many of the "ADULTS" on here are complete idiots on a daily basis. As far as how the money was spent, it's a done deal now, your comments and opinions mean nothing. Why not find a new subject like, the wasted money on all of the state testing.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 02:21 PM

Quote:
As far as how the money was spent, it's a done deal now, your comments and opinions mean nothing.

Do you similarly think that if someone has been murdered, FI, all discussion of that should stop, simply because his life is over, and that it is your job to hector people into stopping the discussion?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Carerinoa
Some of you are unbelieveable. Hackley44's age has nothing to do with any of this. He hasn't been rude or disrespectful, just stating his opinions. Many of the "ADULTS" on here are complete idiots on a daily basis.
He has indeed been much more respectful and less rude than many of the so-called adults on here. I give him a lot of credit for that.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 02:49 PM

They all do as they please anyway but pissing, moaning and beating a dead horse isn't going to change a thing. What's done is done, in this case or if someone had been murdered. I should know better, it is FL1, why should it change with this subject. Eventually it will be locked.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 02:55 PM

The point of the discussion, to me anyway, is not to try to change a thing that has already happened, and thus is unchangeable, but to try to make sure that this sort of further abuse doesn't keep happening to tax victims, over and over, by causing people to think about it. It amounts to additional injury, and although I no longer live there, I'm still insulted.

Actions such as this are a main part of the reason I fled SFCSD, and they have caused me to focus on general principles, lately, as well as on specific smaller things, such as this particular armed robbery.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 03:01 PM

Some of you are unbelieveable. Hackley44's age has nothing to do with any of this. He hasn't been rude or disrespectful, just stating his opinions. Many of the "ADULTS" on here are complete idiots on a daily basis. As far as how the money was spent, it's a done deal now, your comments and opinions mean nothing. Why not find a new subject like, the wasted money on all of the state testing.

Those of us that are idsrespectful etc on here do so after honeslty joing the forum. Unlike this youngster who lied to be able to join the forum . So are you advocating that the youth of today should lie cheat and steal through out their life?
Posted by: Family Man

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: VM Smith
The point of the discussion, to me anyway, is not to try to change a thing that has already happened, and thus is unchangeable, but to try to make sure that this sort of abuse doesn't keep happening to tax victims, over and over, by causing people to think about it.

I'm quite sure a vote occurred where the citizens of this school district had the opportunity to have their voices heard. This project was explained well and well publicized. You needed to get more of your ilk to the polls if you wanted this defeated. The fact remains that the majority who showed up to vote were in favor of the project. I was and that field will turn into a valuable community asset. Your posts, VM, have proven time and time again, that you have an issue with most expenditures of public money, regardless of where the money comes from. I also find it interesting that you attacked a student for their poor grammar, as you always do, as if that proves their opinions don't matter or don't count....elitism at it's best.
Posted by: ovidtech

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 03:32 PM

"you have an issue with most expenditures of public money, regardless of where the money comes from"
I don't think there is any question where the "public" money comes from. And as for VM, he is one of the few who I look for when I come to the forums. I have yet seen him ruin a thread as so many do.
Posted by: sox fan

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 03:38 PM

Personally, I think more money should go to renevate the Mynderse old Gymnasium. Now that we have a great football field, lets make a new gym. Sports is where its at. For those of you that oppose this, you probably were awful at sports anyway, an d envy the ones that excelled. Math department! HA ha!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 03:41 PM

Those of us that are idsrespectful etc on here do so after honeslty joing the forum. Unlike this youngster who lied to be able to join the forum . So are you advocating that the youth of today should lie cheat and steal through out their life?
Your spelling and grammar and sentence structure here are horrible. How old are you?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: sox fan
Personally, I think more money should go to renevate the Mynderse old Gymnasium. Now that we have a great football field, lets make a new gym. Sports is where its at. For those of you that oppose this, you probably were awful at sports anyway, an d envy the ones that excelled. Math department! HA ha!
More great grammar and spelling. Renovate not renevate. \:\( Math majors often become engineers that are in great demand nationwide and command very nice salaries of 100K or more. Well paid sports stars make a lot of money but the chances of becoming one are about the same odds as winning the lottery or being hit by lightening. The rest of the athletics end up working in fast food restaurants or equivalent jobs if they are lucky enough to have a job at all.
Posted by: I did it!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 04:02 PM

Quote:
At least the "township" can pitch in.

What do you mean by that? If you mean the Town of SF, that's been in SFCSD for many years...maybe since the initial centralization of SF schools. So is the eastern half of Fayette, down to the south Townline Road. If you want to net the big bucks, the net's got to be big enough to catch a lot of victims.

The west side of Leader road from 414 to 89 north all go to Seneca falls school.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 04:13 PM

Gym classes why are some schools without the class?
Waht happened to taking showers after gym classes starting at the 7th grade level. Or again am I mislead by rumors of this not being true.
When I went to school at Romulus there was always a gym class
I think way back to 3rd grade I believe.
We also had an 8 man football team, wore leather helmets and love evey minute of it. As one reply said your grades dictated if you'd be able to play sports, didn't amtter what kind of game or play offs were coming up you either had a good grade or didn;t play no matter what.

Lunch breaks we'd go to the gym and shoot baskets ,run lift weights and even some of the teachers played with us. Now that was fun!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 04:14 PM

i know countless people with 4 year degrees, even masters degrees, they too work at fast food places. Nothing wrong with that. My point is athletics are here and real, so deal with it at ALL costs. Id rather shoot for a sports scholarship with hard work and sweat, then maybe join the rhodes scholar at burger king, when all else fails.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: ovidtech
"you have an issue with most expenditures of public money, regardless of where the money comes from"
I don't think there is any question where the "public" money comes from. And as for VM, he is one of the few who I look for when I come to the forums. I have yet seen him ruin a thread as so many do.

Amen bro. He's my brother. A very educated person that loves train rides and good whine. Has pets. I went to visit him one day when he lived on route 89,he wasn't home but his puppy met me at the gate and played with my sneaker, he won I left with only one sneak, Oh! Doesn't matter he's still a great person
OBTW U-R-2 Mike.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 04:44 PM

Quote:
i know countless people with 4 year degrees, even masters degrees, they too work at fast food places. Nothing wrong with that.

From their point of view, there is probably something(s) wrong with both the educational system, and with the way the economy has been skewed and warped, largely by government action, I obviously believe. They didn't spend the time, money, and effort, IOW, so they could work at Burger King. Although, in this economy, most of them, young as they are, probably know that they are lucky to have any job.

Quote:
Id rather shoot for a sports scholarship with hard work and sweat, then maybe join the rhodes scholar at burger king, when all else fails.

Okay...you're through school, and you're not one of the relatively tiny, tiny number who are good enough for the pros. How does the athletic scholarship keep you from flipping burgers right alongside the "Rhodes Scholar"?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 04:54 PM

I can't believe I'm getting bashed for my grammar on a local forum... I share my opinion and just because you don't agree with it you find a way to put it down. Thank you for the apology VM.. And thanks to those of you who stood up for me! Haha so with that said, evry 1 hve a gr8 night ;\) And btw for those wondering, I put in my real age and was still admitted. Sry 4 my txt tlk

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 04:56 PM

And don't worry all I am going to have my account deleted I can't stand this.
Posted by: Myndersex3devil

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 05:16 PM

As a student at Mynderse, parents who put there kids in sports are not just giving their kids something to do for their free time. Sports builds endurance and gives kids the chance to try new things. The athletes on the Mynderse sports teams have to maintain their grades and attendance to school and practice's. While some kids who do not play sports also maintain good over all averages in school,sometimes sports gives students that extra boost to get their heads in the right spot. This is just my opinion as a student athlete at Mynderse.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 05:19 PM

The athletic scholarship dosent, that's my point. In todays economy it's different than it was thirty years ago, when a four year degree was a handsome achievment going into the workforce. You had an advantage. Today you dont. There are no jobs! Now you have to pay back at least $80.000 in student loans, while working along side the "Rhodes Scholar" whose in the same boat. While student athletes are enjoying an 18 million dollar football field.. So What!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 05:24 PM

Quote:
I'm quite sure a vote occurred where the citizens of this school district had the opportunity to have their voices heard.

Which means what? It doesn't matter whether you personally come around and point a gun at my head and make me give you money for whatever purpose, or whether you and half the people + one come around and do it. You can put all of the lipstick on the pig you want, and it is what it is.

Quote:
Your posts, VM, have proven time and time again, that you have an issue with most expenditures of public money, regardless of where the money comes from.

You make the mistake of thinking that I favor having any such thing as a "public" sphere.

"Regardless of where the money comes from"?! Is there more than one source of government money, other than taking it from the private sector?

Quote:
I also find it interesting that you attacked a student for their poor grammar, as you always do,

That's a lie; I don't always do that. And I wasn't attacking his grammar so much as pointing it out, and using it as an example of what often happens when the hard-working citizens' money is seized and used for stupid, harmful-to-education (harmful to the public, that is) projects such as this, rather than for education.

Essentially, quit playing games, and study; that's the purpose of people banding together and funding schools, whether they do it voluntarily, or are coerced.

Some private schools have sports teams, and some don't, but at least one can choose. If he has money for private school after having public school taxes seized from him, that is.

I probably never would have come to the position of considering the morality of the thing if I'd thought government, including all its tentacles, such as schools, was doing an adequate job, which I don't think it can, compared to what the private sector can do. It would have flown under my radar, and would be a non-issue now.

It's important to remember that, in the 19th C, when "public" education was being launched, the public was already being educated; American literacy rates were the envy of the world, higher than they are now, and rising.

Government didn't start "public" education; it took it over; it started government education, with the dismal results that are apparent now.

"Public" education, won't be done away with until government is done away with, as this Shanghaied but unbrainwashed member of the "public" thinks should, must, and will happen. I think it'll happen, but not in my lifetime. Meanwhile, this would be a good start, regarding education:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBqTljjTBWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBqTljjTBWA

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 06:25 PM

Posted this a few weeks ago. Seems appropritate for here if you missed it

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 06:30 PM

[quote=VM Smith]
Quote:
I'm quite sure a vote occurred where the citizens of this school district had the opportunity to have their voices heard.

The vote was skewed by all the recent high school grads who still got to have a say even though it was all emotion.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 06:43 PM

[quote=VM Smith]
Quote:

The vote was skewed by all the recent high school grads who still got to have a say even though it was all emotion.

Many elections are mostly emotion...maybe most. And the teachers vote en masse, and if the budget fails, they will just keep throwing a similar one up. Many of those who don't vote don't because they figure it's futile. Many vote with their feet.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 06:52 PM

[quote=VM Smith]
Quote:

Many elections are mostly emotion...maybe most. And the teachers vote en masse, and if the budget fails, they will just keep throwing a similar one up. Many of those who don't vote don't because they figure it's futile. Many vote with their feet.

State law has changed. Now if a budget goes down it is mandated to put up a budget that adds the cost of living. I was a teacher there at the time of the last consolidation vote and I voted yes. I wanted to see SFCSD be able to have access to the tax revenues that WCSD gets from all the commercial property which both communities use.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 08:04 PM

The point of the discussion, to me anyway, is not to try to change a thing that has already happened, and thus is unchangeable, but to try to make sure that this sort of further abuse doesn't keep happening to tax victims, over and over, by causing people to think about it. It amounts to additional injury, and although I no longer live there, I'm still insulted.

Actions such as this are a main part of the reason I fled SFCSD, and they have caused me to focus on general principles, lately, as well as on specific smaller things, such as this particular armed robbery.

Not everyone sees this as abuse. I am a home/business owning tax payer with a son in the middle school. I see this as an asset and so do many others.

Abuse was the disillusion of the village with no say from the people living in the town. Funny how that is now biting people in the ass who were all for it.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 08:05 PM

Overkill... SMH
Posted by: reds4256rose

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 08:27 PM

Looks like your School District, where ever you attended should have invested more money into it's English program, your gonna make a statement about spelling and grammar but can't spell your self...

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 09:02 PM

Quote:
Looks like your School District, where ever you attended should have invested more, your gonna make a statement about spelling and grammar but can't spell your self...

I try, at least, to confine my criticisms of language to situations where someone comes on and criticizes someone else's language, and often, by extension, their smarts. It can be sly, but it's usually there. So...

wherever

you're: means "you are"

yourself:
Yourself is regular; your self is reserved for special usage, when you are talking about someone's ego, what makes someone be the way he is.

Comma missing after "attended".

Should be: "if you're gonna..."

No one's language is perfect. Trying to become a perfect wordsmith is like taking half steps to a wall...you never can get there, no matter how long you try, and no matter how much effort you put into it.

An impossible task, but very important, so we should still make the effort, with improvement as the realistic goal, not perfection.

Not all are equally able or skilled, even though most would like to be, I think, and not everybody got a good start, with 'rents who could use language well. We should have some sympathy.

One common attitude that really gets to me though, is that language doesn't matter, that it's just a detail. Not true; it's one of the main things that differentiates us from the rest of the apes. Or from garden snails, for that matter.

To be willfully proud of not being able to use language in even the most basic fashion, and to heap scorn on those who think it important to at least try to use it well, as more than a few are and do (not referring to you, obviously; you like to beat with the other end of the stick), makes me want to hurl.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 09:30 PM

Why thank you for the lesson Ma'am.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 09:35 PM

No problem at all, and you did invite it. \:\)

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 09:36 PM

I suppose I did, but here's the difference, I'm not the pathetic adult attacking a minor for it \:\)

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 10:09 PM

Perhaps 1moreagain shouldn't have, but it's still true, and he's right in what it says about the school system, so I'd say his "attack" was in the service of illustrating a valid point about public education, rather than the gratuitous attack so common, which is done to make the attacker feel superior, and to try to discredit the intelligence of the poster, merely to try to discredit his actual argument. This was more, "pointing out in order to illustrate or illuminate", I say.

One can try to be civil, but people use language as they do, and the kid doesn't exactly deserve a high five for his ability, after all these years of school. I'm not involved with government education, so I don't have to suck down the "self-esteem" mantra. Those that have made the effort to learn well should be praised, and those that haven't shouldn't be sheltered from that fact, and should be encouraged to do better. It does them no good, only harm, and it harms society, as well, if it is otherwise.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 10:18 PM

First of all...the dissolution of the village resulted in me paying $1600 a year less in taxes...so it did benefit the people who were in favor of it. I understand that those in the town had to pay more in taxes but at least for the villagers, everyone saw their taxes go down.

As far as votes, it gets old listening to the excuses. The law says that 18 year olds can vote. Change the Constitution if you want that amended. Regardless, the number of seniors (students) that vote is minimal and has no bearing on the outcome. Teachers pay taxes in the school district so therefore they are allowed to vote. Districts are allowed, by law, to put another budget up for a vote. Again, change the law.

The private sector has done wonders, VM, with regards to pollution, equal rights, bad mortgage loans, unsafe consumer products...etc. It was the government that fixed those things. The TEA party babble, is just that, babble. Government serves an important purpose, to fix the problems that the private sector creates. My point remains, if you want to change the way elections turn out, get more of your ilk to the polls. Until then, the majority of voters will continue to support the education system in Seneca Falls.

P.S. If you didn't attack the kid, why did you apologize?
Posted by: potstirer

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 10:32 PM

The $18.000.000 total is for ALL improvements being done in the school district.
When looking at the actual $3,000,000 cost it looks like a hell of a deal.
http://www.sfcs.k12.ny.us/files/1188145/facilities%20publicationedited.pdf
Total Project Cost $18,920,000
State Building Aid Portion $15,720,000
Capital Reserve Fund Portion $3,200,000

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 10:41 PM

I apologized for saying that he's not as smart as he thinks he is, which implies that he's not smart, which may not be true. I don't apologize for using his lack of the ability to write a short paragraph in illustrating just how bad your schools are.

Quote:
Change the Constitution if you want that amended.

You're forgetting that I don't think the constitution has any legitimate authority; it should be ignored, just as your government ignores it.

A contract that all parties have not signed, which binds even the unborn, in perpetuity, and which allows government to borrow unlimited amounts and put those who have not signed the contract, and thus authorized the borrowing, and their descendants, on the hook, in perpetuity, and which all parties aren't required to honor, is not a valid contract, anywhere but in the Orwellian world of statism, and in your head, apparently. It is a one-sided imposition of social mastery and coercion, not a social contract.

The government, meaning all levels, with which you involve yourself, is simply the largest armed gang in the country.

From the beginning to the present, it is simply the monopoly on violence. They even state that, but it makes you uncomfortable, so you ignore it, and insist that government is wonderful. You would; you're part of it.

Beginning:

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

And the present. Being the man he is, he had to really labor to tear the truth out of himself, and you can see and hear that, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewQl-qAtNwQ

Your government's DHS just bought 1.2 billion rounds, 450 million of them .40 cal hollow points. Enough ammo to kill every American 4 times, if government could shoot straight. What are you guys planning? What is that branch of your government cooking up this time?

BTW, somehow you got it wedged into your head that I think teachers shouldn't vote, but that's true only in your head.

I simply say that government beauracrats generally vote for more government, just as welfare recipients usually vote for more welfare.

MOoo!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/04/12 11:59 PM

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

And the present. Being the man he is, he had to really labor to tear the truth out of himself, and you can see and hear that, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewQl-qAtNwQ

Your government's DHS just bought 1.2 billion rounds, 450 million of them .40 cal hollow points. Enough ammo to kill every American 4 times, if government could shoot straight. What are you guys planning? What is that branch of your government cooking up this time?

Like Clint Eastwood said once "Make My Day" I'm ready.
I will fight again for another Warrior no matter a Marine,Army,Navy, Air Force,Coast Guard, but never again for the Government, ONLY FOR MY COUNTRY.
I love this country but never will ever trust the Government or
it's politics.
Semper-Fi
Posted by: BTrain

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 06:20 AM

Potstirer,

You are correct. Bracht Field was not $18 million, The entire project is less than $18 million. The $3 million for site work, also included the new track and 2 new tennis courts. Bracht Field will be an asset to our community, in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: potstirer
The $18.000.000 total is for ALL improvements being done in the school district.
When looking at the actual $3,000,000 cost it looks like a hell of a deal.
Total Project Cost $18,920,000
State Building Aid Portion $15,720,000
Capital Reserve Fund Portion $3,200,000

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 06:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Family Man
First of all...the dissolution of the village resulted in me paying $1600 a year less in taxes...so it did benefit the people who were in favor of it. I understand that those in the town had to pay more in taxes but at least for the villagers, everyone saw their taxes go down.

as long as your taxes went down then you find it fair?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 06:59 AM

The law says that 18 year olds can vote. Change the Constitution if you want that amended. Regardless, the number of seniors (students) that vote is minimal and has no bearing on the outcome.

why not just limit the voting to those that pay the school taxes?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 07:02 AM

Teachers pay taxes in the school district so therefore they are allowed to vote.

why should they be allowed to vote themselves a raise?

they should not be allowed to vote on matters that benefit them directly

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 07:12 AM

The private sector has done wonders

they pay for your overgenerous teachers salary, overgenerous pensions and overgenerous healthcare

good to see you voted for the dissolution...vote yes for the merger

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 07:18 AM

I share my opinion

your parents should be getting their school tax bill soon
look to see how much they pay
and then ask them to see what they pay in total for all their property, school, county... taxes

you may be surprised at the total
Posted by: RigaMortis

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 10:11 AM

Aren't they trying to consolidate both school programs now? Waterloo and Seneca Falls. After spending 18 million on a field I don't think their proposal will go through. If it does, what of that new field? It seems like no one on the board who votes for these things actually has a clue of what's going on.
Posted by:

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: RigaMortis
Aren't they trying to consolidate both school programs now? Waterloo and Seneca Falls. After spending 18 million on a field I don't think their proposal will go through. If it does, what of that new field? It seems like no one on the board who votes for these things actually has a clue of what's going on.
Quote:
trying to consolidate both school programs now? Waterloo and Seneca Falls

What's it matter? You people in the North end can afford a new school campus! Take the village of Seneca Falls. Now they can take the money they would have saved on their village taxes and pay higher school taxes!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 12:08 PM

Apparently education failed many of you who are complaining when you can't read previous posts giving the breakdown of the $18 Million Dollars

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 12:50 PM

I just read them, and I in fact was wrong stating the 18 million went right to the field. Yet still after spending all that money it wouldn't make sense to merge the two school systems. What happens to the abandoned but updated building? Waterloo recently built their new high school, fields, etc. to practically force the merger and it still didn't pass. I agree in past comments that the money used should have been directly for educational purposes. Seneca Falls really isn't that big of a football town. Or hasn't been since I graduated Mynderse years ago. In fact our soccer and wrestling teams were better than the football teams and we never got anything new. Doesn't matter now, just a random thought.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 01:28 PM

It also explained that none of those amounts could be used towards annual Operating Budget costs. The district recives a different State Aid rate and allocation for annual budgeting and operational costs. Wouldn't educational purposes fall under that State Aid?

I'm not sure you will see a merger any time soon, but I guess anything could happen.

I agree with you that the Wrestling program needs new equipment, one of the mats, in my opinion, is a safety issue. I can't speak for Soccer, as my child doesn't play that.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 03:21 PM

"It also explained that none of those amounts could be used towards annual Operating Budget costs."

The following post concerns the use of Capital reserve funds, not building aid received yearly.

I read some Municipal law covering school districts and it makes one wonder if that assertion by the BOE is correct. What happens to Capital Reserve funds when the need is not there,i.e. a project is completed or it is cancelled and there are funds remaining, or for a host of other reasons there are unexpended balances? There has to be a way to recapture those funds. The ways to accomplish that are explained in the brochure to be found at the url below:

http://www.osc.state.ny.us/localgov/pubs/lgmg/reservefunds.pdf

In several sections they mention funds could be used for other needs some of which appear to be operating costs.

While there is little local SCHOOL tax impact (unless the state changes their aid formulas down the road) the accumulative effect of many school districts applying and receiving such aid creates a huge impact on the State Budget which is funded by many different taxes which we must pay. There is no “free” money.

PP: The SFCSD is obligated for the balance due on the bonds, not the State. Should the State renege, district taxpayers will shoulder the costs. Unlikely, but the wording of the proposal indicates the local taxpayers are the ultimate ones obligated for the est. $18million.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 07:47 PM

Quote:
And as for VM, he is one of the few who I look for when I come to the forums. I have yet seen him ruin a thread as so many do.

Thanks, OT...very kind of you.

I've got to add that Brenda's last blog post sounded like most excellent news to me! There probably aren't sweeter words than "still cancer free". Anyway, tell her to stay "stubborn", as she writes; it seems like it's working!
Posted by: PinkMom4

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 08:54 PM

How about you move to a town that has no school taxes and that does not support the town..oh wait there is no place like that!!I suggest you GROW UP your not the only one that pays for the school so stop throwing your pity party how about getting a life and stop complaining about paying for uniforms...Spending 18 million on a field doesn't really make sense but its something you will have to live with..SO DEAL WITH IT!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: bluezone
Teachers pay taxes in the school district so therefore they are allowed to vote.

why should they be allowed to vote themselves a raise?

they should not be allowed to vote on matters that benefit them directly

Using that logic, nobody should be able to vote because we all benefit in some way from the government. You specifically benefit by our county and state governments spending money to fight land in trust by the Natives....

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 09:07 PM

they pay for your overgenerous teachers salary, overgenerous pensions and overgenerous healthcare

As I have paid higher prices for benefits in the private sector. If only you would have agreed to minimum wage throughout your lifetime, my prices for the products I consume would have been much less....see it's a vicious cycle, no matter how you look at it. You like VM are against any expenditure of government money and you hate teachers, as your posts have shown in the past. Who do you hate more teachers or Indians?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/05/12 09:08 PM

If you were educated on this matter you would know they didn't spend 18 million on the field.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 01:43 AM

Quote:
You like VM are against any expenditure of government money and you hate teachers, as your posts have shown in the past.

You still don't quite get it. It's not really accurate to say that I'm against government spending. I am against the existence of government. So, yeah, you can say I'm against government spending, but you're missing my point.

Hate teachers? Pretty strong word there. If I think government is harmful, then I obviously think government schools are harmful. If I want them to wither and die, then of course I don't think those of us who feel that way should be taxed, at the point of a gun, to pay for them, just because some, such as you, think that is fine and just. Even though you don't think so, I have a right to disagree with you. You do believe that I have a right to disagree with you, don't you?

I feel that way even when you, or any other person or group, pays somebody else, known as government, to hold the gun for you. The principle is the same. That certainly doesn't even mean that I even dislike teachers, as individuals, or even as a group, much less that I hate them.

I think the policy of having government schools couldn't be more wrong-headed, but I know that many of those who push it sincerely believe they're doing great works, and seizing other people's money to accomplish them is all just part of a life's work. Just because a person, or even a whole society, does something foolish is no reason to hate.

I hope you don't teach the kids that kind of hip-shooting
judgment.

If you don't like the price you pay for a privately made, union made product, or one that is too expensive for another reason, you are free to shop elsewhere. Regarding government schools, a consumer can choose to attend a private one, but people like you (and I don't mean just teachers) will always band together to have government point a gun at the consumer, in your names, to make him ALSO pay for the school that he sees as sub-standard, and which is educating kids not his own.

It may be a little hard for a government bureaucrat to see the essential difference between the public and private sectors, but please try; it's simply a matter of ethics.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: PinkMom4
How about you move to a town that has no school taxes and that does not support the town..oh wait there is no place like that!!I suggest you GROW UP your not the only one that pays for the school so stop throwing your pity party how about getting a life and stop complaining about paying for uniforms...Spending 18 million on a field doesn't really make sense but its something you will have to live with..SO DEAL WITH IT!

I would suggest that if you want your kids to play sports that you dig into your own pockets for their/your needs.....schools are for learning, and just maybe if more time were spent on that then we wouldn't lag as far behind as much as we do, both in the US and with the rest of the world.....NY ranks 34th. nationwide(according to the NEA) but spends the most to get there and worldwide we rank 17th. as a nation(numbers from the DOE).....pretty sad when you look at what is spent to achieve those numbers, but hell you have a new field in SF!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 06:32 AM

If you were educated on this matter you would know they didn't spend 18 million on the field.

If you were educated you would have read my second post. Where I corrected myself. Don't post threads trying to be a big man in a small town over the internet. Your petty rouse isn't amusing to anyone but yourself.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 07:46 AM

Quote:
NY ranks 34th. nationwide(according to the NEA) but spends the most to get there

#34th in what? Alphabetical order.
Start a new thread since this is starting to get off topic, although certainly related and I'll show how misleading your comments are. That is with facts and not media and political rhetoric.

Later, it is nap time at school.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 08:20 AM

did they spend $18 million?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By: SportsRef1
I would suggest that if you want your kids to play sports that you dig into your own pockets for their/your needs.....schools are for learning

correct
wonder how many parents of these students would step up to pay more for sports?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Fart in the Wind
Quote:
NY ranks 34th. nationwide(according to the NEA) but spends the most to get there

look at the NEA to find your answer

Later, it is nap time at school.

no wonder NY is 34
good that you can post while 'teaching'

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 09:35 AM

As I have paid higher prices for benefits in the private sector.

tell us a product that you only had one choice of and you were forced to buy it at the price they demanded?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 09:37 AM

Quote:
And as for VM, he is one of the few who I look for when I come to the forums.

correct

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 09:40 AM

Quote:
You specifically benefit by our county and state governments spending money to fight land in trust by the Natives....

Anybody who isn't part of government would immediately recognize the fact that the very practice of having "land in trust" is just one more discriminatory thing that was invented by, and is forced on, some of the people, by government. Divide and rule.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 09:50 AM

Quote:

Are you referring to the 34 letters of the alphabet? Which government school did you attend? Did that school's athletics program help to adequately prepare you for life, in your opinion?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 09:55 AM

You specifically benefit by our county and state governments spending money to fight land in trust by the Natives....

and who pays for the tribal members kids to attend your school?

(the tribe refuses to pay their share)

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 09:57 AM

Quote:

Are you referring to the 34 letters of the alphabet?

had the same thought when I saw his post

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 09:59 AM

Quote:
look at the NEA to find your answer

I have a copy of the 129 page document. My point is there are several pages of rankings, which one was being refered to? There is no relevance to his statement without qualification. Kind of like your incessant random unsubstantiated comments.

Quote:
good that you can post while 'teaching' no wonder NY is 34

34th in what?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 10:07 AM

Quote:

Are you referring to the 34 letters of the alphabet?

had the same thought when I saw his post

Except VM probably was using sarcasm. LOL
You probably did not understand.
There are 50 states.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 10:18 AM

I share my opinion

and then ask them to see what they pay in total for all their property, school, county... taxes

I wouldn't be. \:\) The taxes on my old house went from $1100 in 1990 to $8200 in 2012, with no improvements to the house, or to the schools. Probably 5/8 of the latter amount was school taxes. The rise in the cost of being forced to support the government schools far outstripped the rise in prices caused by the government's deliberate (they have to vote to borrow, and they deliberate beforehand, and they always conclude that it's okay to saddle your children with debt) devaluing of the currency over that period, although that devaluation was itself considerable.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 05:03 PM

First game on the field tonight guys! It is at 6:30 and I hope to see you all there! \:\)

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 05:43 PM

I share my opinion

I wouldn't be. \:\) The taxes on my old house went from $1100 in 1990 to $8200 in 2012, with no improvements to the house, or to the schools. Probably 5/8 of the latter amount was school taxes.

most of the students probably do not have any understanding of the amount that taxpayers pay for the services provided to them in the school system

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 05:44 PM

There are 50 states.

are you sure you did not forget one?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/06/12 10:09 PM

First game on the field tonight guys! It is at 6:30 and I hope to see you all there! \:\)

Nah...I'm way too old for athletics. Sometimes, just watching them will tire me out, and I have to nap. The only good thing is that if I don't start for home soon enough, and start to stiffen up, to the point where I think I might pass out, or even die a wretched, lonely death in the bleachers, I just call in my 5 Swedish nurses to work me over. One must adapt to age. Have a good one! I'll keep track of the event from down here in no-SFCSD-taxes land.
Posted by: Dr Dick

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/07/12 12:16 PM

Guys and gals,thanx so much for entertaining me thru the boring political convention coverage.I thought your comments, good or bad, were excellent over coffee in the AM before work. I started this ball rolling and I have enjoyed the ride.Now maybe I can start something about gas prices or Indian tax situations or kick backs on government spending. Or maybe ???????????
Posted by: Ranger

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/08/12 04:12 AM

According to the front page it seems as tho it was money well spent, Mynderse has won it's first game on the new field.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/08/12 08:30 AM

Great game friday night.With all the excitement and smiling faces. It was absolutely money well spent. Who cares about taxes! its time to live in the now.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/08/12 07:05 PM

Thanks for agreeing with me

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/08/12 10:50 PM

Quote:
Except VM probably was using sarcasm. LOL

Me?! Use sarcasm?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/08/12 11:03 PM

Welcome to the forums, and you seem to have just the right attitude needed to enjoy them. You should post more than twice a year. It's like having people with strange personality disorders yell obscenities at you from a place where you can't see who they are. Except for me, and I can't really describe what I do, except that it often sounds like it involves very heavy meds.

Not really true...my mom always said it was just a low IQ, and then she'd start muttering and swearing at my dad, under her breath. Well, he wasn't really under her breath...he was actually usually under the car, but we'd beg her to move it off him, and sometimes she would.

You just have to roll with it; if you can, they're tons of fun. Thay giv mi a chance to praktis riting, to, and too pic up sum riting tips.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/08/12 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger
According to the front page it seems as tho it was money well spent, Mynderse has won it's first game on the new field.

I'll bet they would have won on the old field, too, but it does look pretty. Nice pic, Jim!
Posted by: Ranger

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/09/12 04:39 AM

What are you gonna do? The money is all ready spent, and the project is completed. It seems to have turned out pretty well. Did it truly have to be done? Every other school has been upgraded like this, so why should Mynderse be any different? Course now there's higher upkeep costs and maintenance. Will the State take on those costs, or is that left to the School District? I'm pretty sure I know what the answer to that is.
Posted by: twocats

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/09/12 07:37 AM

Not every school...Geneva voters rejected artificial turf due to costs.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/09/12 09:26 AM

Auburn rejected it as well. However they have a new proposal in conjunction with Cayuga County College to install such a field but have to raise about $5mil. Guess where that money will come from?

In about 8 years when Bracht field is looking sad and tired, it will then become apparent to local taxpayers how expensive it is to maintain such a field. You can't just "throw down a little seed" the whole field will have to be replaced. Guess where that money will come from?
Posted by: Bogie

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/09/12 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: grinch
Auburn rejected it as well. However they have a new proposal in conjunction with Cayuga County College to install such a field but have to raise about $5mil. Guess where that money will come from?

In about 8 years when Bracht field is looking sad and tired, it will then become apparent to local taxpayers how expensive it is to maintain such a field. You can't just "throw down a little seed" the whole field will have to be replaced. Guess where that money will come from?

Tom Coughlin??

\:\/

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/09/12 11:16 AM

In 8 years the appreciation of how its increased utility to hold more games and accommodate more teams will have demonstrated that it was worth it. Throwing down a little seed is not exactly all that has to be done to maintain a turf field not to mention that a turf field can't be used anywhere near as often as this new field will get used.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/09/12 12:18 PM

Projection is no way to live life Keep paying your taxes like a good American.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/10/12 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranger
Every other school has been upgraded like this, so why should Mynderse be any different? Course now there's higher upkeep costs and maintenance. Will the State take on those costs, or is that left to the School District? I'm pretty sure I know what the answer to that is.

in either case it is still the taxpayer

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/10/12 10:08 AM

Who cares about taxes! its time to live in the now.

good
we will send you our school tax bills and you can cover them

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/10/12 04:57 PM

When are you going to understand taxes are part of living in America. Of course we don't like them, but getting worked up about them is stupid. Every president says no new taxes, lower them them, never happens, ever! I guess its your right to complain about them, but your only alternative is to leave this country. No disrespect, just reality

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/10/12 06:22 PM

Oh I understand, as do countless others. What this thread is about is the use of those tax monies. In many eyes the new football field is an extravagant waste of taxpayer money.

Paying taxes is one thing, no argument, but taxpayers must remain vigilant and speak out when those collecting and spending those funds are wasteful.

Leaving this country is not the only alternative, keeping a watchful eye and speaking out when one believes he is being overtaxed is another. This forum, as well as communicating your thoughts to the BOE is another. There also is the ballot box.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/10/12 06:31 PM

Oh I understand, as do countless others. What this thread is about is the use of those tax monies. In many eyes the new football field is an extravagant waste of taxpayer money.

Paying taxes is one thing, no argument, but taxpayers must remain vigilant and speak out when those collecting and spending those funds are wasteful.

Leaving this country is not the only alternative, keeping a watchful eye and speaking out when one believes he is being overtaxed is another. This forum, as well as communicating your thoughts to the BOE is another. There also is the ballot box.
The Voters did vote FOR the new fields. Them voting for it WAS communicating with the BOE

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/10/12 06:44 PM

The school faculty and parents voted, a tough block to overcome. Total vote was what, less than 500 or so?

Again no argument, voter apathy is what it is. That does not not preclude people discussing this subject intending to influence perhaps more to scrutinize such proposals closely and take the time to voice their opinion.

The proposal was keyed in with worthwhile expenditures and it was either take one or reject all. Not much of a choice.

In my opinion, expending funds for this portion of the project was an extravangance and short sighted in view of the fact Waterloo and Seneca Falls will merge either voluntarily or by pressure from the State very shortly.

Some one mentioned they can have more games on this field now. Are they going to extend the football season? The markings on the field all seem to point to football.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/10/12 06:50 PM

The Voters did vote FOR the new fields. Them voting for it WAS communicating with the BOE

and why did you and others vote for the village dissolution?

seems like a contradiction

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/10/12 06:53 PM

tell all your younger family members that when medicare and social security run out of money that they can always use the field...

wasted money is wasted money

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/10/12 07:36 PM

and why did you and others vote for the village dissolution?

seems like a contradiction
Not a contradiction at all.... I voted to allow the expenditures from the Capital Reserve Fund with NO taxy levy increase.... Where is the contradiction you speak of ? Seems like money well spent to me.
How did you vote? OH that's right you don't live in MY district!!!!!!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/10/12 08:36 PM

The school faculty and parents voted, a tough block to overcome. Total vote was what, less than 500 or so?

Again no argument, voter apathy is what it is. That does not not preclude people discussing this subject intending to influence perhaps more to scrutinize such proposals closely and take the time to voice their opinion.

The proposal was keyed in with worthwhile expenditures and it was either take one or reject all. Not much of a choice.

In my opinion, expending funds for this portion of the project was an extravangance and short sighted in view of the fact Waterloo and Seneca Falls will merge either voluntarily or by pressure from the State very shortly.

Some one mentioned they can have more games on this field now. Are they going to extend the football season? The markings on the field all seem to point to football.

Boys and girls soccer are using the field as well as football right now, it is also marked for lacrosse.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/10/12 09:48 PM

Don't forget the youth programs as well. It will be well utilized by the entire community.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/11/12 03:56 PM

Yeah, you can see the goal posts, thats football. Take a walk up to the field your tax money paid for, and look at the outlines for a lacrosse,soccer,field hockey fields. Get out of your car and appreciate what the field looks like, they won't raise your taxes for that.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/11/12 06:04 PM

Not a contradiction at all.... I voted to allow the expenditures from the Capital Reserve Fund with NO taxy levy increase.... Where is the contradiction you speak of ?

will your school taxes go up for the $18 million spent?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/11/12 09:14 PM

No they will not.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/12/12 06:52 AM

and where does the $18 million come from?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/12/12 11:49 AM

There are 50 states.

are you sure you did not forget one?

If your referring to Puerto Rico...That is a common wealth of the U.S. it is not a state. It uses our currency but the residents do not pay federal taxes back into our country. It might as well be a state and taxed fairly like the rest, it would only help support the re-growth of our economy. On the other hand. the 18 Mil came from various sources and not all of it went to the field. The threads in the past explain where it came from and how it was spent.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/12/12 01:15 PM

and where does the $18 million come from?
Do some research yourself for once and quit complaining about something that doesn't pertain to you....

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/12/12 01:54 PM

Do some research yourself for once

the only logical answer would be the money came from taxpayers

quit complaining about something that doesn't pertain to you....

should we not pay our school taxes?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/12/12 02:43 PM

Do some research yourself for once

the only logical answer would be the money came from taxpayers
Of course the money comes from taxpayers. The SF tax rate will remain unchanged. That money is either used by us or by some other district.
quit complaining about something that doesn't pertain to you....
should we not pay our school taxes?
Try not to pay your taxes and let me know how you make out.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/12/12 05:45 PM

Try not to pay your taxes and let me know how you make out.

if one does not pay the school taxes what recourse does the school system have for getting the money?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/12/12 08:01 PM

The money is budgeted by NYS. If it doesn't come to Seneca Falls, it will go to some other school district. That's the way the system works. Change the system if you don't like it, oh that's right you and your ilk make up the minority, it is the majority that make the decisions and right niw the majority chooses the state to operate this way.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/13/12 03:02 AM

The money is budgeted by NYS. If it doesn't come to Seneca Falls, it will go to some other school district. That's the way the system works. Change the system if you don't like it, oh that's right you and your ilk make up the minority, it is the majority that make the decisions and right niw the majority chooses the state to operate this way.

very backwards way in thinking, for you and the state......great example though of why the system is broke and why the state is in the position it's in.
Posted by: sassyone

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/13/12 05:48 AM

none of the Indians pay school taxes and they continue to send their kids to school on our buses.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/13/12 06:26 AM

very backwards way in thinking, for you and the state......great example though of why the system is broke and why the state is in the position it's in.

Yes, given all the negative response generated here by the usual 4 (or so) irate forum posters, the district has decided to revert Bracht Field back to the useless cow pasture it was for the prior 40 years.
They now plan to grow corn to raise monies for future construction.

And, henceforth any available state building funds will, in good conscience, be rejected in favor of districts with a smaller tax base. (Wait! Are there any??)

Way to go curmudgeons! See you at the Clyde game??
No, I guess not.

\:\/

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/13/12 08:30 AM

you did not understand the question

if a local resident does not pay their school taxes how will the school system get the money from the homeowner?

if property taxes are not paid then the county forecloses on the property

can the school foreclose on a property if the school taxes are not paid?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/13/12 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By: sassyone
none of the Indians pay school taxes and they continue to send their kids to school on our buses.

do not allow them
Posted by: Harley Bob Tale

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/13/12 08:37 AM

you did not understand the question

if a local resident does not pay their school taxes how will the school system get the money from the homeowner?

if property taxes are not paid then the county forecloses on the property

can the school foreclose on a property if the school taxes are not paid?

Unpaid school taxes are returned to the county for collection. The county can foreclose on all but Indian property.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/13/12 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Harley Bob Tale
Unpaid school taxes are returned to the county for collection. The county can foreclose on all but Indian property.

3 years or 5 years?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/13/12 08:02 PM

Says you, obviously the majority of the state feels differently. But since the system is what it is why would we turn down money only to have it go to some other community?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/13/12 08:12 PM

The state has no feelings. Elected state officials who want to buy your vote are the responsible for this waste.
It's a poor argument that SF should waste the money before some other district wastes the money. You teach that ethic to your kids? Would you say..."drink all the Coke" or "get fat as fast as you can" before someone else gets all the Coke or gets fatter? Is greed okay, even if you know better? If the same energy was put into educating students instead of helping Carcinoma's kid have a good time....the community would be better.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/13/12 09:51 PM

The state has no feelings. Elected state officials who want to buy your vote are the responsible for this waste.
It's a poor argument that SF should waste the money before some other district wastes the money. You teach that ethic to your kids? Would you say..."drink all the Coke" or "get fat as fast as you can" before someone else gets all the Coke or gets fatter? Is greed okay, even if you know better? If the same energy was put into educating students instead of helping Carcinoma's kid have a good time....the community would be better.

So you support "taking the high ground" and allowing the money to go to the other community? Wouldn't you rather see it go here. The state isn't going to
change it's way of budgeting and suddenly give everyone a $10 refund. I say spend the money here and not there. You say refuse the money and let it go there, to me that seems urinating into the wind.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/14/12 04:58 AM

So you support "taking the high ground" and allowing the money to go to the other community? Wouldn't you rather see it go here. The state isn't going to
change it's way of budgeting and suddenly give everyone a $10 refund. I say spend the money here and not there. You say refuse the money and let it go there, to me that seems urinating into the wind.

"urinating in the wind".....that would describe "elected officials" and most of the liberals that support their tax and spend mentality....."the state isn't going to change".....great mindset if you support apathy, but then again if you look at most states run by Dems that is probably the best they have to offer, that and deficits!

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/14/12 05:38 AM

"urinating in the wind".....that would describe "elected officials" and most of the liberals that support their tax and spend mentality....."the state isn't going to change".....great mindset if you support apathy, but then again if you look at most states run by Dems that is probably the best they have to offer, that and deficits!

It all depends upon what is being funded. There is a tendency for almost any person or group to turn a blind eye to the reality of where the money comes from when it's something they want. People are fine with having gov't spending pay as long as their ox doesn't get gored. And THAT is the problem.
Posted by: HellenKeller

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/14/12 03:26 PM

All govt spending IS taxes. No matter where it comes from. local, state, federal. Why is that so difficult to understand. the people pay. Govt Debt is our debt. people

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/14/12 06:18 PM

Quote:
to me that seems urinating into the wind.

Please be respectful that is a cousin of mine.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/14/12 09:30 PM

Go Helen! My point exactly.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/15/12 06:41 AM

Originally Posted By: HellenKeller
All govt spending IS taxes. No matter where it comes from. local, state, federal. Why is that so difficult to understand. the people pay. Govt Debt is our debt. people

the supporters of spending the money do not get it
odd that they voted to disolve the village

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/15/12 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By: HellenKeller

Yes, and if the government is going to spend the money here or there it might as well be here. They are going to spend the money regardless. UNTIL the system changes the way it works, it is foolish to refuse the money.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/15/12 07:42 AM

UNTIL the system changes the way it works, it is foolish to refuse the money.

and your logic is why the system is the way it is
when your taxes go up blame yourself

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/15/12 07:53 AM

That level of spending to play a game is foolish no matter where it comes from. The district should be seeking funds to improve education, not a provide a sports experience for a few kids. Such spending teaches kids nothing more than they would learn playing a pickup game at the rec center or running competitively in community events. An expensive sports complex does nothing to teach kids the skills needed to perform real work or a find career.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/15/12 08:36 AM

Posted by: Sabre

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/15/12 12:09 PM

Well said & I agree totally.......however Sports have been a priority for years.....sorry to say.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 09/15/12 05:45 PM

You don't have to be a jock to learn Wooden's lesson. He would have espoused the same principles if he was coaching a bird-watching team in a swamp -- at no cost to the taxpayers. Just because Wooden was a great coach doesn't support your position. Where does Wooden say: "I want mine at the expense of everyone else?" In each of those tenets, not once does he mention that me or other taxpayers should write him a check.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 10/18/12 03:18 PM

Great game friday night.With all the excitement and smiling faces. It was absolutely money well spent. Who cares about taxes! its time to live in the now.

and what is their current win/loss standings?
Posted by: Top Dog

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 10/18/12 05:16 PM

5-2. Why?
Posted by: sammy-kid

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 10/18/12 08:08 PM

"none of the Indians pay school taxes and they continue to send their kids to school on our buses."

.....but the Amish and Mennonite communities pay school taxes and don't use our school system so it averages out.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 10/18/12 09:21 PM

As well as those who home school ...

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 10/18/12 11:13 PM

As well as those who don't have children.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 10/19/12 06:39 AM

As well as those who don't have children.

However, the theory has always been that, since educating our children benefits everyone, it is everyone's responsibility to help support it; ergo "public" education.

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 10/20/12 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Top Dog
5-2. Why?

should they have spent more for the football field?

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 12/03/12 11:12 AM

From the editorial staff of the Finger Lakes Times:

"Those priorities again"

A lot of folks like their football in the Finger Lakes, but have you heard about the new $60 million facility in Allen, Texas, that seats 18,000 fans and has a 38-foot HD video screens? What’s the big deal, you ask? It was built for Allen High School.
Posted by: JusticeBServed

Re: 18 Million $$ for a football field!! - 12/04/12 02:15 PM

Allen HS was ranked #2 NATIONALY and has been in the ESPN Top 25 for years......Where has SS been? National Rank:14,443 State (NY) Rank:634

You're trying to compare apples and oranges.