Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd

Posted by: sparky's back

Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/12/08 03:13 AM

Geneva, N.Y.)-The episode of ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition", which was taped in August featuring the Hill family, will air on 13WHAM TV November 2 at 8 p.m.

The Hill family was chosen to receive the 3,600 square foot home because of the work they do with underprivelidged children. Tim Hill, a former boxer, teaches the children to box.

In our coverage of the show, we weren't allowed inside the home. To see the entire home, tune in to 13WHAM on November 2, at 8 p.m.
Posted by: Gossip Column

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/12/08 08:31 AM

Thanks.. I look forward to seeing it..
Posted by: Rexx

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd *DELETED* - 10/12/08 07:48 PM

Post deleted by FL1 Mod 2
Posted by: SFisWonderful

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd *DELETED* - 10/12/08 08:28 PM

Posted by: coffeemamma

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/13/08 08:02 AM

GOOD LORD!!! Lets get back to what this thread is about... I'm looking forward to watching too. I hope to see myself on the episode, even if it's just an earlobe or a sneaker.
Posted by: Geneva2008

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/13/08 11:10 AM

Thank God On November 3rd the Home Makeover nightmare will be over and I will not have to hear about it again.

AHHHHHHH, november 3rd
Posted by: metsno1

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/13/08 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Geneva2008
Thank God On November 3rd the Home Makeover nightmare will be over and I will not have to hear about it again.

AHHHHHHH, november 3rd

Actually, from what the producers of the show said, we can expect a significant increase in traffic and general buzz after the airing of the show. And they say that it tends to last a good long time. November 3 is most definitely not an "end date!"

So enjoy..... \:\)
Posted by: jojotaxpayer

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/13/08 07:06 PM

This has to be the stupidist show on tv next to american idol. I'll be glad when it's over.
Posted by: PYmastersteve

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/13/08 07:18 PM

lol@ all the haters
Posted by: PYmastersteve

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/13/08 07:18 PM

only jealous people are haters...FYI...lol

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/13/08 09:08 PM

Yeah, JOJO....it's soooo the most stupidist!

Battlestar Gallactica RULZ!!!!
Posted by: Where's the love

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/14/08 05:34 AM

don't forget - the RERUNS...
Posted by: HondiF

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/16/08 05:21 AM

I've watched the show a few times. It gives people a second chance. Hasn't anyone given you a second chance?
Posted by: Lloyd

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/16/08 08:12 PM

does any one know if that cancer girl will be on there too? because i heard she was like a VIP all week

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/26/08 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: sparky's back
Geneva, N.Y.)-The episode of ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition", which was taped in August featuring the Hill family, will air on 13WHAM TV November 2 at 8 p.m.

The Hill family was chosen to receive the 3,600 square foot home because of the work they do with underprivelidged children. Tim Hill, a former boxer, teaches the children to box.

In our coverage of the show, we weren't allowed inside the home. To see the entire home, tune in to 13WHAM on November 2, at 8 p.m.

one more week!
Posted by: threesons

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/26/08 08:17 PM

I'm so psyched.
Posted by: sparky's back

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: threesons
I'm so psyched.

Me too!
Posted by: Sweetcakes

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 04:33 AM

Off subject here But just notice Ty is doing banner adds for Similac? Whats up with that?
Posted by: countrygirl

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: jojotaxpayer
This has to be the stupidist show on tv next to american idol. I'll be glad when it's over.

no the stupidist show would be the reruns of married with children...get off it jojo....

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: coffeemamma

like i already said, married with children reruns are the stupidist, battlestar gallactica?? give me a break...

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 04:40 AM

like i already said, married with children reruns are the stupidist, battlestar gallactica?? give me a break...

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Where's the love

and for a THIRD time...try married with children reruns if you want to see a STUPID show so you can just get off it too...lol

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Where's the love

and for a THIRD time...try married with children reruns if you want to see a STUPID show so you can just get off it too...lol

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 04:42 AM

Listen to all of yourselves. some of these people desperatley need help granted maybe some seem to need it more then others but to some this show and what it has done for them is truly a blessing....a good thing you know...especially in these times..a little brightness in the day..better then some of the other crappiness thats on the tv anymore...

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 06:38 PM

learn to recognize sarcasm
Posted by: Sovereign King

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 08:07 PM

...It will take ages for Geneva to clean up the Extreme Home Makeover aftermath... It will take years before the air is clean of Ty's hair product... HAHA

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 08:38 PM

I saw him (Ty) when he was in Geneva.....He has NOOOOOO butt

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 09:34 PM

Call the press... Who would have known that celeb.s have flaws just like regular people it's just their best features featured...

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 09:38 PM

LOL, well one would expect a little, ah, something.....not a JLo butt, but something had to hold his pants up.

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd *DELETED* - 10/27/08 10:11 PM

Posted by: racefan73

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 10:58 PM

As much as I don't care for EHM, it is far better than the total waste of 2 hours of TV that comes on after it on ABC Sunday nights. Desparate Housewifes and Brothers and Sisters should have been cancelled after the first episodes. Talk about stupid shows!

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/27/08 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: SFisWonderful
[quote=threesons]LOL, well one would expect a little, ah, something.....not a JLo butt, but something had to hold his pants up.

I'm just gonna take a stab in the dark here and go with... ...belt... See, I didn't even need Paige.

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/28/08 07:16 AM

learn to recognize sarcasm

oh i know, i know, i just felt like being an instigator...lol
but i still think its a good show for the people that are deserving of it...
Posted by: reilley

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/28/08 09:34 AM

wixt chan 9 at 730 will air a special tonite highlights of the show that will air next week . demo and building... ok so that sounds like most of the show \:\)

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 10/28/08 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Sovereign King
Originally Posted By: SFisWonderful
[quote=threesons]LOL, well one would expect a little, ah, something.....not a JLo butt, but something had to hold his pants up.

I'm just gonna take a stab in the dark here and go with... ...belt... See, I didn't even need Paige.

Suspenders?? Duct tape....in keeping with the theme.
Posted by: babygirl79

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 11/02/08 08:17 PM

So glad the show is done and over with.......curious to see if the inside of the house is still in the shape as it was just showed!!
Posted by: Bay Dude

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 11/02/08 08:19 PM

You are petty and jealous babygirl79. Why do you make it so obvious?

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 11/02/08 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: babygirl79
So glad the show is done and over with.......curious to see if the inside of the house is still in the shape as it was just showed!!

That or if the family is fortunate enough to still have it. Read on:

http://faqgo.com/2008/07/29/extreme-makeover-house-going-to-foreclosure/

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 11/02/08 09:11 PM

Hmmm... Wonder what the family spent the $450k on in 3 years?

The family is in such need, so after a show does so well for them, they take a loan out for $450,000 and use the home as collateral!?!

As the mayor said who helped volunteer...
"It's aggravating. It just makes you mad. You do that much work, and they just squander it..."

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 11/02/08 09:14 PM

IMHO EHM and the city the house in is built on should hold a loan both equal to half the value of the house... That way they cannot take a loan out for the value of the home, with using the home as collateral...

Re: Extreme Home Makeover.Airs Nov 2nd - 11/02/08 09:46 PM

I hear ya.

Nothing against Extreme Makeover - the folks who help the needy are saintly and I think we need more of that in this world. But here are some facts that weren't on tonight's show:

1. The houses they build are not always structurally sound, so to speak. What I mean is, they are built so fast and lots of times things don't "set" like they should. What happens is over time, the houses actually start caving in.

2. Taxes triple or quadruple because the home's value goes up so much. Unfortunately for the homeowner, they have to pay their new taxes (not Extreme Makeover) and the end result can be a WORSE money problem than these people had before Extreme Makeover came to the rescue. I mean lets face it, if you can't afford the higher taxes, higher utility bills (especially in New York winters), higher water bills - then how is that "better" than before?

3. People who were not in the public spectrum now find themselves in the public eye...no more privacy, now everyone and their brother knows who they are, where they live, people driving my their houses snapping pictures, etc.

4. The show "Extreme Makeover", like all TV shows, presents an idealistic not realistic perception of things to boost their ratings. They edit out what they dont want you to basically show the viewers only what they want people to see and believe. They aren't about to say or do anything which will deviate from the Disneyland image they want all of us to have about the houses they build.

I may come across as being jealous but I am really not. I am just saying that tonight's show was just a snipet of the whole picture, not the whole picture itself. We need to remember that.