Last movie you watched

Posted by: della01

Last movie you watched - 09/17/11 04:25 AM

Which last movie you watched guys? And rate it..
I watch Final destination 5 and i rate it as 9/10. The action sequences of this movie were great..
Posted by: SilverFox

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/17/11 10:50 AM

"The Help." One of the best movies I have seen. It was a warm story of life in the 1960s in the deep South and the relationship between whites and their black domestic help.
Posted by: Oldgzr

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/17/11 02:00 PM

Last movie I watched was Transformers "Dark of the Moon". I liked it. I'll give it about an 8 out of 10.
Posted by: Josephus

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/18/11 08:46 PM

The Debt. Maybe 7 out of 10.
Posted by: ProAct

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/25/11 04:49 PM

I will try again. Sorry I did not see this topic.

Saw Dolphin Tale - 3D. Excellent. Rate 9/10.

What a wonderful change of pace.
Posted by: s2hphoto.com

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/26/11 03:15 AM

I want to go see Dolphin Tale with my wife and daughter. I absolutely LOVE dolphins! However I think we will go to the 2D showing of it. I am not sure how much difference 3D would make and it can get aggravating after a while. Jackass 3D on the other hand...I HAD to see it in 3D! It was AWESOME!

Dolphin Tale with have to wait though. For my Birthday I got tickets to see the simulcast of the 25th Anniversary of the Phantom of the Opera Live in London 10/2/11 2 p.m. which is being fed to movie theaters here in the US. CAN'T WAIT!!! \:\) This will be my 4th time seeing the Phantom.... Toronto, Rochester, Syracuse, and now "London". I still would love to go to NYC for the weekend and see it there!
Posted by: ovidtech

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/26/11 09:34 AM

Saw Drive yesterday. Surprised that it was as much a love story as it was an action movie. Enjoyed it.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/26/11 12:59 PM

Saw Phantom in Toronto and the movie version a few time. It was great.

Enjoy.

I had not seen a 3D in many years and thought I would try it. Enjoyed it, but may not always go the 3D way. I have a problem about the "recycling" of the glasses.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/03/11 05:51 AM

Fantastic show! At the end Andrew Lloyd Webber came out as well as the original London cast including Sara Brightman (original Christine) and Michael Crawford (original Phantom) Sara Brightman sang as well as 4 past phantoms! Well worth the $22!

They are having re-broadcasts on Oct. 5, 6 and 11. A must see if you can go.

http://blog.syracuse.com/entertainment/2011/09/watch_a_live_broadcast_of_the.html

The woman who played Christine in the current version Sierra Boggess was absolutely stunning!

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/03/11 08:48 AM

Saw MoneyBalls. Good story,funny, well worth watching. Brad Pitt is a good actor.

Can anyone "imagine" a man giving up $12,500,000.00 to stay closer to home. Tho, am sure he was paid well as GM for the Athletics.

Rate - 8/10
Posted by: twocats

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/03/11 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Oldgzr
Last movie I watched was Transformers "Dark of the Moon". I liked it. I'll give it about an 8 out of 10.

Really? An 8/10? I am home sick today and am looking for a movie on PPV. Is it worth the $5.99?

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/03/11 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: twocats

Really? An 8/10? I am home sick today and am looking for a movie on PPV. Is it worth the $5.99?

I guess it depends on whether you like Sci Fi movies or not. I loved it, my wife slept through most of it. She does that at just about any movie though. We joke about her taking an $8.00 nap whenever we go to the movies.

It would help if you saw the first two Transformer movies. There was a lot of action, and really good special effects. I stand by my 8 rating. I plan on purchasing the DVD.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/03/11 12:18 PM

I didn't see the first 2, so I think I'll go with X-Men.

$8.00 nap--HA! \:D

Thanks!

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/03/11 01:27 PM

Yes, Movie released just a week or so ago.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/03/11 02:01 PM

I've watched a couple of the X Men movies. They just don't appeal to me for some reason.
Posted by: Jelloshot

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/04/11 01:37 PM

A Dolphin Tale - see the other thread! \:\) 2 thumbs up!!
Posted by: Ghosts

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/04/11 02:30 PM

Taken with Liam Neeson. Kept my attention . . . which is not an easy thing to do.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/07/11 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Ghosts
Taken with Liam Neeson. Kept my attention . . . which is not an easy thing to do.

I AGREE! I usually fall asleep during the opening credits but Taken kept my attention and on the "edge of my seat" the entire movie \:\)
Posted by: JuanxCarlos

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/07/11 10:18 PM

Seen The Conception just another day. Is older movie of months ago but I do like to see it later when you not have to payments. Is a movie that leave my jaw-struck and mind-flown. It flew my mind. It is about a dream in a dream. It made me think of a new item for Taco Bell called the Conception Taco which is a taco in a taco. That would taste good.

Love,
Juan Carlos

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/08/11 10:10 AM

Wow... that movie is so '08. ;\) But, you're right in that it is a good movie and keeps your attention.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/08/11 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: ProAct
Saw MoneyBalls. Good story,funny, well worth watching. Brad Pitt is a good actor.

Can anyone "imagine" a man giving up $12,500,000.00 to stay closer to home. Tho, am sure he was paid well as GM for the Athletics.

Rate - 8/10

Yes... great movie. All about Sabermetrics and how Billie Bean used it to select talent to make his Athletics viable competitors. The same system that made my Red Sox champions twice in four years... which hadn't happened since 1918!

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/08/11 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Josephus

Wow... that movie is so '08. ;\) But, you're right in that it is a good movie and keeps your attention.

Yep, it is. I very rarely watch movies and paying to watch a newly released or pay-per-view movie is a real low priority. I can patiently wait until one of the cable channels offers it for free.

Since I have a DVR, I just zip right through the commercials. I also like my quiet, comfortable, personal space with my own yummy, buttery popcorn or treats with wonderful glass (or 2 or 3) of wine!

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/09/11 04:44 PM

Ides of March - 8/10. Great acting by Ryan Gosling and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Tho George Clooney acted and directed this movie, he had more presence than great acting. Good job on both.

Good story line. Politics and its corruption, a very sad scandal, political business as usual. IMO, acted and presented well.

Worth seeing.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/10/11 09:15 AM

Good story line. Politics and its corruption, a very sad scandal, political business as usual. IMO, acted and presented well.

Worth seeing.

Thanks... I will!
Posted by: netgear

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/11/11 09:11 PM

Natural Born Killers.

I liked Jacob`s Ladder the best.

Don`t get to see many movies as it takes up to much of my time as I`m busy talking to those voices in my head.
Posted by: TRD_Tacoma

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/13/11 10:48 AM

I went to see 50/50 last night at the Little Theater. It was an excellent move. I would give it a full 10 out of 10.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/13/11 11:13 AM

Am waiting to see that one myself TRD, thanks for your opinion.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/13/11 02:51 PM

Was it sad?

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/16/11 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: TRD_Tacoma
I went to see 50/50 last night at the Little Theater. It was an excellent move. I would give it a full 10 out of 10.

Just saw it myself. Very good movie! I might give it 8 out of 10 stars.

I had its sad parts ProAct, but it has a nice ending.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/19/11 10:36 AM

Ides of March - 8/10. Great acting by Ryan Gosling and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Tho George Clooney acted and directed this movie, he had more presence than great acting. Good job on both.

Worth seeing.

I agree... just saw it. A very good political thriller.
Posted by: BallardDavies

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/21/11 01:37 AM

Last movies which I saw is "Twilight".It is really good movie.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/21/11 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: BallardDavies
Last movies which I saw is "Twilight".It is really good movie.

I endured all three Twilight movies with my wife. All I can say is they don't suck as bad as I thought they would. I wouldn't say they were one of my favorites though.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/20/11 03:16 PM

Jack & Jill with Adam Sandler. Sandler plays himself (of course) and his twin sister. Very funny. Appearances by Al Pacino, Johnny Depp, Regis Philbern, to name a few. Good entertainment.

Rating 8.5

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/20/11 06:02 PM

Just finished watching Twilight Breaking Dawn with Brenda, proves I still make bad decisions. The only thing to reccomend were the dog fights, like a Vicks home movie. At least Brenda liked it.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/21/11 07:25 AM

I watched the movie Salt over the weekend. It has Angelina Jolie in it. It's a pretty good spy thriller.

I also watched The Social Network about Mark Zuckerberg and the founding of Facebook. It was a pretty good movie, but who knows if the history is accurate.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/21/11 03:20 PM

I saw that one (Salt)--pretty good. Just watched The Sentinel..pretty good Secret Service flick.

Saw FB too. Entertaining enough.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/28/11 07:31 AM

I watched Super 8 over the weekend. I liked it. Not a bad movie if you like science fiction.

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/03/11 05:12 PM

HUGO. Wonderful and very artistic movie with great effects. About a young boy, Hugo, (Asa Butterfield)soon to be orphaned, and his journey to find the meaning of his life and his losses. Also, Ben Kingsley and Jude Law. Directed by Martin Scorsese and one of the producers is Johnny Depp.

Rate it 9

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/03/11 06:00 PM

Yes, the tv ads for Hugo look like its a pretty good movie. I want to see it but will probably wait until it is available on Netflix.

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/04/11 08:21 AM

Yes, the tv ads for Hugo look like its a pretty good movie. I want to see it but will probably wait until it is available on Netflix.

If you can afford to do so, Oldgzr, go see it in the theater in 3-D. This is probably the best film I've seen this year (and I see a lot of movies), and 3-D just made the film that much more spectacular. I've seen several reviews that have stated that this film uses 3-D more effectively than any film made to date. I agree with ProAct... 9 out of 10 stars.

Here's Roger Ebert's review of the film.
Posted by: moosebutt

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/04/11 02:57 PM

Gone with the Wind, Black & White free pop corn $.75 to get in.
Oh the good old days. Then I think just before that we watched
Cat on a hot tin roof.
Posted by: Ayuveda

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/04/11 03:24 PM

'Roman Holiday'

Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck. 10 Academy Award nominations in 1953.

A wonderful film.
Posted by: The Wookie

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/05/11 01:24 PM

The D.I. (1957)
Jack Webb
I'd rate it a 10.

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/05/11 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: The Wookie
The D.I. (1957)
Jack Webb
I'd rate it a 10.

Never seen that one, but will check it out.

Harley, who do you think gave the best performance as a marine DI? Jack Webb, Darin McGavin, or R. Lee Ermey?

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/05/11 06:49 PM

The D.I. (1957)
Jack Webb
I'd rate it a 10.

Harley, who do you think gave the best performance as a marine DI? Jack Webb, Darin McGavin, or R. Lee Ermey?

That's a no-brainer, Ermey's Gunnery Sergeant Hartman' - hand down.

But on second thought, it's probably the performance by Sgt. Jerrod M. Glass, USMC that lights up Harley.

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/06/11 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Ayuveda
The D.I. (1957)
Jack Webb
I'd rate it a 10.

But on second thought, it's probably the performance by Sgt. Jerrod M. Glass, USMC that lights up Harley.

I had to google that one...

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/06/11 11:35 AM

My favorite movie genre is Science Fiction. I watched Terminator "Salvation" again last night. I saw it at the movies when it was new and thought that it was the best of the Terminator series. One advantage of getting old is that you can watch a movie again a few years later and its all new again. \:D
Posted by: moosebutt

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/06/11 12:38 PM

every thing is new to me!

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/06/11 04:20 PM

HA!

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/06/11 05:23 PM

I watched it for the second time, too. I refuse to admit that it was like watching it for the first time. \:\)
Posted by: 123

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/06/11 07:00 PM

Seems like it was Ghost that was my last movie viewed.

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/07/11 06:18 AM

Originally Posted By: 123
Seems like it was Ghost that was my last movie viewed.

Of course, I love that movie! One of the few movies that I have watched many times; however, with the death of Patrick Swayze, I don't know if I will watch it again. Too sad for me.

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/07/11 06:32 PM

Just got back from the new muppet movie.

Manamana!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4114397127563559102

OR

Polamalu!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsdsKD2fNeY

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/08/11 05:14 PM

I watched the movie "Paul" last night. It's a Science Fiction comedy. It was a hoot. I have to watch stuff like that when my wife is not home. She just doesn't get it. \:D

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/17/11 01:21 PM

So, I'm watching The Help. I'm speechless. I just cannot believe the ignorance of people. I was raised in a home where ALL people were considered equal. I was also raised 'ignorantly' in that I didn't even know such racism even existed until I was in high school. I KNOW this horrible racism is as real as real can be, but I truly can't fathom it. It just seems so foreign to me. I just don't understand it. I really don't.
Posted by: govind5540

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/25/12 01:23 AM

Last movie I watched is The Darkest hour. This is very nice movie to watch.
Posted by: knight052

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/27/12 05:30 AM

Last movie I watch is The Iron lady. This is very interesting movie. I really like this movie.

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/28/12 07:00 AM

The Inconvenient Truth Behind Waiting for Superman
Posted by: Spanky

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/28/12 02:23 PM

War Horse-- hands down the best movie out in a long-long time. 10 of 10 all the way.
Posted by: 123

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/28/12 08:40 PM

Saving Private Ryan. I stared in VM Smith`s Dogs from Hell one year. Smith doesn`t like guns and with dogs like his he has no problem except I think he needs to feed them more offten.JMO
PSD; they both like to play with balls,the dogs that is.
Posted by: energy0540

Re: Last movie you watched - 02/09/12 07:19 AM

Last movie I watched is The Thor. This is very nice action movie.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/18/12 10:13 PM

Saw the Iron Lady this afternoon. Very good movie. Can't beat Meryl Streep's acting. She just gets into a role 150%. In her day, Margaret Thatcher was a great lady and an iron lady.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/18/12 10:16 PM

'Waking Ned Devine'.

Very Irish. Much Fun.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/19/12 05:20 PM

127 Hours
True story---wow.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/25/12 05:41 PM

Hunger Games. Very well produced, directed and acted movie. Atleast a 9.

Lets hope that such a controlling, totalitarian government never happens. A gladiator-type of games, pitting communities and people against each other. Disgusting.

But..................who knows, hoping love wins out.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/25/12 06:07 PM

It is a great series. I can't wait to see the movie.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/25/12 08:31 PM

Please post what you think of the movie.

IMO, maybe a sequel to come.
Posted by: Dizzyt

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/26/12 07:44 AM

We went and watched "The Hunger Games" last night. It was a very interesting, well directed movie. I have to say it was good, although being a mom, I had a very difficult time watching kids kill each other and fight to the death.

I thought what a great movie for some of these young gang related groups to watch.
Posted by: MeRightYouWrong

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/26/12 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Dizzyt
I thought what a great movie for some of these young gang related groups to watch.

Why? The story has nothing to do with gang-type violence or turf wars. The participants in the Games are selected by lottery and are made to fight until the death as a punishment for a previous rebellion. How would gangs relate to this story?
Posted by: Geedog

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/26/12 01:34 PM

Hunger Games.

Lets hope that such a controlling, totalitarian government never happens. A gladiator-type of games, pitting communities and people against each other. Disgusting.

Can you see outside from where you are ? We're there already.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/26/12 02:51 PM

I know what it was about, I saw the movie. A great movie for gang related individuals to watch, why? To see what they do to each other, without government telling them they have to. Kids are already killing each other, no goverment involvement. I was looking at it from another angle.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/26/12 02:58 PM

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/women/2012/03/hungry_for_the_hunger_games_wh.html

"In a world where teenagers really do kill each other in cold blood, perhaps it’s good that YA literature move away from lipstick and boys. American teens today face more real-life horror than many of us remember, including gang violence and bullying. Outside the United States, Joseph Kony isn’t the only adult forcing children younger even than the tributes into armies. Child soldiers in Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Burma fight for causes they don’t understand but which can often be traced back to resources that fuel Western appetites."

From reading this, I'm not the only one that took this thought away from the movie theatre with me.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/26/12 07:16 PM

On the particular day I saw Hunger Games, most of the movie goers were teens to 30's (I am in my seventies). Hope they saw it for the horror it was and not want to help to bring a society like that to be.

When I was young, my generation here in American were able to see the horrors of the Third Riech through the media. It left a lasting impression on me. I would not want to see that regime repeated in the world, though there are those that constantly try.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/26/12 07:43 PM

You've made me pick up the book again. "It's to the Capitol's advantage to have us divided among ourselves."

It's such a good book, mainly because it IS so plausible, maybe not the Hunger Games themselves, but the way the country and its people are divided- by design.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/26/12 09:51 PM

So true.
Posted by: Aces_Up

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/31/12 07:11 PM

Just watched "Jack & Jill". I rate it a 7
Posted by: VM Smith

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/02/12 07:32 AM

HG is definitely a movie I want to see.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/10/12 10:58 AM

The Girl w/the Dragon Tattoo. Weired, sad soul & abused person to say the least. She did accomplish her asssignment.

Not a pleasant movie to watch.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/10/12 11:31 AM

I'm reading it now. What an interesting family history the Vanger family has. I'm almost halfway through the book, and the girl has only played a small role, but she is an interesting character, that's for sure.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/10/12 12:57 PM

Watching Game Change again-it's a combination horror/comedy flick about Palin. I think McCain would be too liberal for his own party now.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/10/12 04:27 PM

Quote:
I think McCain would be too liberal for his own party now.

I don't know...I heard that he's in favor of calling in a drone strike on baby sea otters...they may well get excited by that, and run him again.

And even if he happens to die in the meantime, he still couldn't possibly be a worse choice for Pres. than Romney or Obomber. Maybe much better...he'd probably be able to do less damage.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/10/12 08:16 PM

Game Change - I hope to see it one day.
Posted by: Rich_Tallcot

Re: Last movie you watched - 05/05/12 05:32 PM

You've made me pick up the book again. "It's to the Capitol's advantage to have us divided among ourselves."

It's such a good book, mainly because it IS so plausible, maybe not the Hunger Games themselves, but the way the country and its people are divided- by design.
The Hunger Games. Read that, Catching Fire and the Mockingjay first. By comparison the movie sucked and I would give it a 5/10 . If you did not read the book first, you would miss a lot. But the author did have half a dozen people help her with the book. I think the producer needed the same. I very seldom read novels and this was not my bag.

Re: Last movie you watched - 05/06/12 08:33 AM

'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' (1937)

It's the first full-length cel-animated feature in motion picture history, the first animated feature film produced in America, the first produced in full color, the first to be produced by Walt Disney Productions, and the first in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series.

Best part was watching it with a little guy seeing it for the first time.

Re: Last movie you watched - 05/06/12 09:48 AM

Oh, God!
1977- George Burns and John Denver
You have everything you need here. You can go on killing each other or you can use it to help and nurture each other. It CAN work. It's up to you.

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/11/12 02:54 PM

Seabiscuit. What a great story.

Watching Game Change again for a little comic relief.
Posted by: SilverFox

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/13/12 11:22 AM

Shutter Island. Wow, and I am still confused as to who was really crazy.

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/24/12 11:14 AM

The Express. It's the story of Ernie Davis. I still have a hard time comprehending the ignorance that is racism.

Are you ready for some football?
Posted by: past tense

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/24/12 11:19 AM

Jiro Dreams of Sushi. For foodies and/or sushi lovers.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/09/12 04:29 PM

Words. As movie nears end, it casts a different light on weather words for a book were really stolen (a story within a story). Good acting. score: 8

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/09/12 06:10 PM

The Dictator: stupid mindless humor, exactly what I was in the mood for. Here's the final rant of the dictator. I bet many people didn't get it.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/10/12 03:51 PM

Too many stupid, mindless people in the world.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/11/12 05:52 PM

LOL! Ask Harley.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/11/12 05:54 PM

Just watched Hope Springs... mostly because it was filmed in the same town my father and my sister and her family live (Stonington, CT... although it was filmed in the ritzy part of town called "the Borough.") Not too bad... maybe 3.5 stars out of 5.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/20/12 04:02 PM

Bernie w/ Jack Black. Incredible! He's phenomenal, and the real-life neighbors they interview are amazing.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/20/12 07:20 PM

That was good!
Posted by: Teonan

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/20/12 07:33 PM

All About Eve

Bette Davis at her smokin' best:

"Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"
- Margo Channing
Posted by: I did it!

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/20/12 07:45 PM

Gone with the Wind

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/03/12 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: I did it!
Gone with the Wind

How old are you again? Just kidding... ;\)
Posted by: Ranger

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/04/12 04:11 AM

BATTLESHIP, if you like action it's a good movie.
Posted by: teedoff27

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/04/12 01:35 PM

Hotel Transylvania....... Wifey and I went to see it Last Friday for our *date night* cute movie and as with any animated film *adult humor* was slipped in. Word of caution.... Not for the more sensitive younger viewers. Don't be like 2 other families that brought their very young children who ended up crying at the *scarey* parts. Let be real it is a movie about Dracula, Zombies, and Monsters.... use common sense \:\/

I give it a 4 out of 5
Posted by: Frisco kid

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/04/12 09:45 PM

Goodfellas, for like the 100th time lol.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/04/12 07:07 PM

Just watched The Campaign. Enjoyable.

"It's a mess."

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/22/12 08:49 AM

Lincoln.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/23/12 09:18 PM

Flight - excellent acting by Denzil Washington, great story of an alcholic pilot with no punches pulled. 8+.

Hope to see Lincoln this weekend.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/26/12 05:04 PM

Lincoln, 9+. Great acting all around. Story based on Pres Lincoln and Congress trying to pass the 13th amendment, abolishing slavery. Very intense moments.What a History lesson.

Auburn Movieplex was packed - full house. Have not seen that in years.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/29/12 07:46 PM

Bridge to Terabithia (2007)

Fantasy drama. Good acting, wonderful special effects, genuine sadness. Young ones here gave it an enthusiastic thumbs. I dug it too.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/29/12 08:12 PM

The book is better. ;\)

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/29/12 08:37 PM

The book is better. ;\)

I'll pass that on. Thanks. \:\)

Nice film. Cool bonus features.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/30/12 11:50 AM

Flight - excellent acting by Denzil Washington, great story of an alcholic pilot with no punches pulled. 8+.

I thought it was excellent too. Sold as a action film (which usually means no story, no script, lousy acting... just lots of FX and CGI), in reality it has a great story to tell and excellent acting and directing. 3.5 stars out of 4.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/30/12 11:53 AM

Lincoln, 9+. Great acting all around. Story based on Pres Lincoln and Congress trying to pass the 13th amendment, abolishing slavery. Very intense moments.What a History lesson.

Auburn Movieplex was packed - full house. Have not seen that in years.

I passed up on seeing Lincoln at the Movieplex. For a great movie and a certain Oscar contender like this one, I opted for a real movie theater experience in Syracuse.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/30/12 12:09 PM

I passed up on seeing Lincoln at the Movieplex. For a great movie and a certain Oscar contender like this one, I opted for a real movie theater experience in Syracuse.

Liberal elitist.

Anxious to see it.

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/02/12 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Teonan

Liberal elitist.

Anxious to see it.

LOL! Yeah... thanks for that. ;\)

A friend of mine calls a certain theater in Auburn the "Pukieplex."

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/09/12 01:23 PM

Despicable Me.

The villain goes into the Bank of Evil, and in small print under the sign it says, formerly Lehman Brothers!

Ha!

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/10/12 11:03 PM

Mixed Nuts (1994)

Steve Martin, Madeline Kahn. A holiday must-see!

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/26/12 05:34 PM

The Odd Life of Timothy Green.. I love the scene when the family performed Low Rider. Cute movie-average.

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/29/12 10:07 AM

This is 40.
Posted by: charlieblueeyes

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/30/12 05:21 PM

suspect
with cher and dennis quaid - video
must have been an oldie - no cell phones

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/30/12 05:21 PM

The Odd Life of Timothy Green.. I love the scene when the family performed Low Rider. Cute movie-average.

loved that movie

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/30/12 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: 123
Saving Private Ryan. I stared in VM Smith`s Dogs from Hell one year. Smith doesn`t like guns and with dogs like his he has no problem except I think he needs to feed them more offten.JMO
PSD; they both like to play with balls,the dogs that is.

refuse to watch
toooo sad

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/30/12 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: SilverFox
Shutter Island. Wow, and I am still confused as to who was really crazy.

watched twice

confused me the first time,too

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/01/13 06:58 PM

Les Miserables (Geneva Movieplex). Wonderful movie, outstanding acting, compelling. 9.5

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/02/13 11:47 AM

I watched the 1998 version with Liam Neeson on TV just a few days ago. It was excellent. I read the book (translated into English) many years ago, but have never watched the movie.

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/06/13 01:11 PM

Hyde Park on Hudson.

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/06/13 06:02 PM

Django. Very bloody and violent. 8 rating for production.

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/20/13 09:36 AM

Zero Dark Thirty. Except for the BS about intellegence leading to Osama Bin Ladin being derived from torturing prisoners (it wasn't. It was derived from [wait for it...] intelligence work!), it was a good flick!

Re: Last movie you watched - 02/10/13 05:17 PM

Silver Linings Playbook. Excellent, great acting - 9

Always good to watch Robert DeNiro

Re: Last movie you watched - 02/10/13 05:25 PM

Flight

What an ending!

Re: Last movie you watched - 02/10/13 05:57 PM

Flight

What an ending!

I thought that was a great movie! One of the better ones I saw this year. It actually had a plot. ;\)

Re: Last movie you watched - 02/10/13 06:08 PM

Aliens In the Attic.

Best served with popcorn and shared with a wide-eyed six year-old guy. Good fun!

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/04/13 05:19 PM

Argo- the power of movies within a movie. I really enjoyed it.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/09/13 02:47 AM

Old but greatearly 1970s "Time In a Bottle" I think was the title.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/09/13 02:49 AM

The Nineth Configuration.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/11/13 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: I did it!
The Nineth Configuration.

Galipoli, although I'd seen it probably 20 times before. Still a great war film, and a very early one for Mel Gibson.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/01/13 12:07 AM

Life of Pi. It was fantastical and lovely. I was completely enthralled by Pi's struggle to survive. I would watch it again and again and again.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/03/13 10:31 PM

I'm excited to see Pi, disappointed I haven't yet. The book was amazing.

Watched "A Place at the Table" today as part of a work project. Not the most in-depth look at hunger in America, but it synthesizes the material well and gives someone without a lot of knowledge on the subject a good jumping-off point. I like that they are specific with language, that they deal with the obesity/malnutrition dichotomy, and that they give a lot of hard stats to drive the emotional stuff home.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/04/13 09:27 AM

Life of Pi is also one that I've been wanting to see. I'm glad to hear it's a good movie, maybe I'll PPV it this weekend and watch it. A couple of weekend's ago, hubby PPV'd The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey. He enjoyed it, I'm not a huge Hobbit fan, although I will say I enjoyed the music in the background that played, very theatrical sounding.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/13/13 11:26 AM

Croods. Great animated film, awesome art work. Life's problems in a Neanderthal setting. Character's lifes were distrupted, so they go looking for a new world and a new life and with many bumps, humor and love along the way, they achieve it.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/14/13 02:46 AM

The Searchers. I saw someone's "10 best westerns" list, and I am watching the ones I've never seen.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/17/13 10:46 AM

Olympus Has Fallen. Riveting. No let up on the action. Good acting.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/18/13 08:39 PM

42... an excellent film with a great story.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/21/13 03:52 PM

Agree. 42 outstanding.

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/21/13 09:32 PM

Agree. 42 outstanding.

As one man put it that I spoke with at the theater, "They told the story without getting all melodramatic about it." Kudos to Chadwick Boseman (Jackie Robinson), Harrison Ford (Branch Rickey) as well as to Christopher Meloni, John C. McGinley... and the rest of the cast. An excellent film with a great story to tell.

Re: Last movie you watched - 05/05/13 08:40 PM

Just saw "Mud" with Matthew McCaughnehey and Reese Witherspoon. Good flick!

Trailer
Posted by: strangeone

Re: Last movie you watched - 05/05/13 11:15 PM

Up in Smoke, can you believe that. Oldie but goodie

Re: Last movie you watched - 05/06/13 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: strangeone
Up in Smoke, can you believe that. Oldie but goodie

Wow... blast from the past from 1978!

Re: Last movie you watched - 05/21/13 08:00 PM

Gatsby. Good story. Sad ending.

Re: Last movie you watched - 05/27/13 08:45 PM

The Prestige. What a great movie. I can't believe I missed it when it first came out.

Wow!

Re: Last movie you watched - 05/29/13 05:23 PM

Gatsby. Good story. Sad ending.

From the trailers, it sort of looks like they tried to take it out of the 20s into the modern era... without taking it out of the 20s. Some of the music, etc.? Did you find that so?

Isn't the ending the same as in the '74 release, and of course the book?

Re: Last movie you watched - 06/09/13 10:40 AM

Marathon Man (1976)

Old time thriller starring Dustin Hoffman. I enjoyed it. Great ending!

Re: Last movie you watched - 06/09/13 02:46 PM

Gatsby: Don't remember the '74 movie & did not read the book. But you have a good point, attempting to show past era as tho it were now.

Re: Last movie you watched - 06/20/13 02:24 PM

Marathon Man (1976)

Is it... safe? ;\)

Re: Last movie you watched - 06/20/13 02:31 PM

Gatsby: Don't remember the '74 movie & did not read the book. But you have a good point, attempting to show past era as tho it were now.

Really... you didn't see the Robert Redford '74 version? He was Gatsby and Sam Waterston (Law & Order) was Carraway. One of his earlier roles. Also Bruce Dern as Buchanan, and I think Mia Farrow at Daisy Buchanan. If you remember Howard DaSilva ("1776" and "Sergeant York"... to name a few), he played Meyer Wolfsheim. It wasn't bad... fairly close to the novel, as I remember. At least it stayed in the '20s. ;\)
Posted by: young guns

Re: Last movie you watched - 06/20/13 03:47 PM

The Ninth Configuration.

Re: Last movie you watched - 06/20/13 06:08 PM

Marathon Man (1976)

Is it... safe? ;\)

Good one! ;\)

Re: Last movie you watched - 06/20/13 11:59 PM

Marathon Man (1976)

Is it... safe? ;\)

Good one! ;\)

IMHO, one of Laurence Olivier's best performances. Believe it or not, my other favorite roll of his was Jesse's father in "The Jazz Singer."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aN0Ui_hIQw

Re: Last movie you watched - 06/24/13 10:26 PM

Freakonomics. Interesting issues include the old belief that ice cream caused polio and how legalizing abortion in the 70's resulted in crime rates dropping in the 90's.

Re: Last movie you watched - 06/25/13 06:01 PM

"Is it... safe?" Awesome flick! A fave of mine also.

Here's another goodie from the archives I watched the other night. 2 thumbs up!

Memento is presented as two different sequences of scenes: a series in black-and-white that is shown chronologically, and a series of color sequences shown in reverse order. The two sequences "meet" at the end of the film, producing one common story.

Re: Last movie you watched - 06/25/13 06:23 PM

Christopher Nolan is an excellent director. In just a few years, he went from a $6,000 budget for an independent film to a $150 million for Batman Begins.

Momento sounds like a movie I'd like.

Re: Last movie you watched - 07/17/13 12:11 PM

Open Water 2: Adrift

Suspense story about 6 friends on a luxury yacht for a birthday celebration who all jump into the water and forget to lower the ladder. Pure panic.
Posted by: Timbo

Re: Last movie you watched - 07/18/13 09:17 AM

Marathon Man (1976)

Is it... safe? ;\)

Yes, yes, it's VERY safe... NO WAIT!

Re: Last movie you watched - 07/18/13 07:54 PM

Jackie Robinson was one brave man.

Hey, remember the first white guy who played professional baseball?

Oh, that's right, white men didnt have to fight for the right to play or work or walk down the street or...(fill in the blank).

Re: Last movie you watched - 07/27/13 07:47 PM

Timeline:

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/firsts/first8.shtml

Re: Last movie you watched - 07/29/13 10:51 AM

Heat. Bullock & MacCarthy were hilarious. A fun movie.

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/03/13 07:14 PM

I watched the Hobbit this afternoon. I didn't care for it as much as I did the Lord Of the Rings movies. It didn't end like the book version unless they have a sequel planned to finish it up there. I will probably watch it again sometime. I had a hard time concentrating on it with my 8 year old Granddaughter being a Chatty Cathy.

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/05/13 06:21 AM

I watched "Ted" on HBO. I am sooooo glad I didn't waste the money at the theater or red box to watch it. It nudged out Twilight in my top 3 DUMBEST movies of all time! I didn't even chuckle let alone laugh

#1 Eyes Wide Shut

#2 Hannibal

#3 TED

#4 Twilight (took my daughter opening day as a surprise....one of the BIGGEST mistakes of my LIFE!) I cried at the end...not because it was sad, but because I WASTED $40+ and 2 hours of my life I will NEVER get back!

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/05/13 08:00 AM

Yes, I agree teedoff27, we watched Ted on Pay Per View and my teenage daughters, 17 and 18 were there when we watched it. Actually, my 17 year old wanted to see it so bad, so we gave in and paid the Direct TV PPV price. I'll admit that I did laugh a couple of times, but overall the movie was so stupid and actually I was a bit embarrassed to be in the same room as my daughters while watching it, it was quite crude and just inappropriate. When will movie producers get it??? You don't need all the crude/rude and inappropriate movie scenes, most people I've talked to about that movie felt the same way as I did.

However, Twilight is a series that my 17 year old daughter was obsessed with for awhile, she read all of the books, which of course, she said the books were so much better than the movies, aren't they always? I will admit that the first couple of movies were pretty good I thought. I'm sure your daughter loved going with you to see the movie, so when you think of it that way, did you really waste your money and time?

We just recently rented "The Call" with Halle Barry. This movie by far was EXCELLENT! Very scary and full of suspenseful thrill. I recommend this movie to many, it is pretty graphic and a bit bothersome, but is also something that could happen in real life and most likely has happened.

Originally Posted By: teedoff27
I watched "Ted" on HBO. I am sooooo glad I didn't waste the money at the theater or red box to watch it. It nudged out Twilight in my top 3 DUMBEST movies of all time! I didn't even chuckle let alone laugh

#1 Eyes Wide Shut

#2 Hannibal

#3 TED

#4 Twilight (took my daughter opening day as a surprise....one of the BIGGEST mistakes of my LIFE!) I cried at the end...not because it was sad, but because I WASTED $40+ and 2 hours of my life I will NEVER get back!
Posted by: Dr. Robert

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/05/13 02:50 PM

I wouldn't normally advocate for students to watch movies in a school auditorium, especially movies that are two-hours plus, but I would have no problem with middle and high school students seeing it. Would be a good lesson in racial tolerance.

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/06/13 05:37 AM

My daughter was completely enthralled with Twilight, had read every book, and it was the biggest topic at school and thats why I took her. However it was 1 hour 45 minutes of "teen drama" and *clicks* and 17 minutes of actual vampire content. I was bored stiff and HATED it!
Posted by: angela

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/06/13 08:14 AM

The movie mama..Both scary and sad.

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/11/13 02:25 PM

"Elysium". Great action film. Matt Damon with a body-make over, was excellent as was Jodie Foster, who is always looking great.

Extreme of the "haves and have nots".

A 9 film.

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/12/13 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Dr. Robert

I wouldn't normally advocate for students to watch movies in a school auditorium, especially movies that are two-hours plus, but I would have no problem with middle and high school students seeing it. Would be a good lesson in racial tolerance.
Great film. Branch Rickey has always been sort of a hero of mine... just as much as Jackie Robinson has been.

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/13/13 11:15 PM

True Grit with Jeff Bridges. Better than the original, I think.

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/17/13 06:57 PM

Star Trek Into Darkness. Good entertainment and lots of action. I liked it but a hard core trekkie would probably have issues about several things in the movie. I won't say what they are because I don't want to be a spoiler.

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/19/13 04:47 PM

The Butler. Very good and very dramatic.

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/24/13 09:12 PM

Skyfall. Typical James Bond action movie with less high tech gadgets. It had some memories of past Bond movies and a surprise ending. I liked it.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/16/13 12:38 PM

The Family. Cheap shoot'em up movie. Must be the film makers needed to jump-start mafia movies. I give it a 5

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/16/13 05:17 PM

The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford.

I picked it from somebody's list of "17 Best Westerns", and I agree that it's a very good flick.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/16/13 06:26 PM

That's an excellent flick, Smith. Casey Affleck was nominated for an Oscar for his role in that film, in fact.

Last film I was "Jobs", which I saw two weeks ago in Clay.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/16/13 11:22 PM

Did you notice that James Carville played Gov. Crittendon? LOL...I backtracked those brief shots 3 times, thinking, "It can't be...he's in another line of work!".

Then again, politics (although he's played the political role of producer or director, or script writer, maybe, rather than actor, in this analogy) is largely the art of convincing people...making them believe, as are film or stage.

Hmnnn...maybe Penn & Teller's act would be more analogous to politics. They fool people, while making them like it, for a (successful) living.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/18/13 10:44 AM

Yeah, I remember seeing Carville in that scene. I thought he was perfect!

I was quite impressed with Paul Schneider as well, who played the role of Dick Liddil.

Dick Liddil

I thought the cinematography in this particular scene was just stellar.

Train Roobery

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/28/13 05:52 PM

Prisoners. Excellent, suspenseful. Holds one's attention.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/29/13 04:26 AM

Went opening night (9/27) to Metallica "Through the Never" in 3D IMAX. Of course the music and Live 3D concert footage was A++++. However, the *movie part* was pointless and very confusing. Total *movie* part totaled 20 minutes TOPS in 90 second snippets throughout the concert footage. Whats worse is that their songs that were background music in the *movie* parts didn't even coincide with the action(or lack there of) on the screen.

Disappointing..... I just wish they had non-stop concert footage and left out the movie part. I have been a fan of Metallica since age 13 and would of gladly paid to go see JUST the concert in IMAX 3D

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/03/13 01:25 AM

Saw Rush today. Not bad... maybe 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/06/13 09:42 PM

GRAVITY - 3D - awesome.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/08/13 03:08 PM

Just saw 12 Years a Slave. I'm simply stunned. Steve McQueen is an absolute genius when it comes to making a movie. If Chiwentel Ejiofor and the film don't at least get nominated at Oscar time... I'll eat my hat.

12 Years a Slave (trailer)

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/15/13 10:29 AM

Prisoners. Excellent, suspenseful. Holds one's attention.

I watched Prisoners last night. Good movie. I found myself standing up at the end, too anxious to sit. \:\)

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/28/13 06:23 PM

Watching Pleasantville again. Great movie that speaks volumes through analogy.

Re: Last movie you watched - 02/24/14 07:53 AM

The Monuments Men. Very good. Hitler certainly was devious and ingenious in hiding millions of art works stolen through out Europe. Our soldiers recovered most all of it. Some pieces had been destroyed before recovery. Movie is well done.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/09/14 03:23 PM

Watching 12 Years a Slave now. I'm only 15 minutes in and, while, intellectually, I know the horrors of slavery, I am aghast at seeing this visual representation of what enslaving people really is. I just don't understand people sometimes. And to think that many, many people in the South and other areas of the country still think that people with brown skin are less than human.

I'm sick over it.

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/09/14 03:59 PM

Watching 12 Years a Slave now. I'm only 15 minutes in and, while, intellectually, I know the horrors of slavery, I am aghast at seeing this visual representation of what enslaving people really is. I just don't understand people sometimes. And to think that many, many people in the South and other areas of the country still think that people with brown skin are less than human.

I'm sick over it.

Truth sick.

I felt the same emotions witnessing the cruel imagery in this amazing film.

Even though we intellectually know the score, there remain those who turn a blind eye toward racism and white skin privilege in America.

Sad that we still need such horrific realities exposed to the light of yet another generation.

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/28/14 09:51 AM

* Snowpiercer: Kafkaesque metaphorical film. Stylish and abstract. Beautifully filmed commentary on the human condition.

* The Giver: Another "human condition" narrative. Derivative yet compelling look at mankind's challenges to balance his passionate nature with peace, safety and security.

While the films are set in futuristic settings (one utopian, the other dystopian), they are better described as philosophical treatises. Both intelligent, thoughtful and well filmed.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/01/14 06:17 PM

If you liked the movie, The Giver, you'll love the book.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/03/14 01:01 PM

I'll have to download it. I get the feeling that it would translate better in print.

I enjoyed the movie, but I think the directer (Phillip Noyce) was pandering somewhat to modern audiences who crave special effects, chases, and the like.

Thx.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/07/14 03:34 PM

Under The Skin:

Not for all tastes. Neither art film, nor science fiction, yet both. Masterful use of minimalist art direction and Kubrick-like pacing, brings a unique depth to this moody, stylish, always intriguing story of a mysterious woman's personal voyage of self discovery. Soundtrack is a real standout.

I take this movie more as something of an experience, rather than as linear storytelling.

* * * 1/2
Posted by: MissingArty

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/10/14 11:10 PM

Two must watch movies every American should watch.

Genetic Roulette: The Gamble of Our Lives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBOuHdpOXbc

Bought

http://ykr.be/7o2aiv553

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/24/14 11:09 PM

Need films to watch this weekend?

Learn what the US Government has done to you, your children and the affects this will have on future generations.

"Genetic Roulette: The Gamble of Our Lives"

http://ykr.be/6h2e09vhk

"Bought"

"GMO OMG"

http://ykr.be/49x7jkwlu

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/26/14 12:42 PM

Free to watch through 10/31.

New Film “Second Opinion” Exposes the Truth About a 40-Year Long Cover-Up of Laetrile Cancer Treatment

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...ary_facebookdoc

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/11/15 04:35 PM

Netflix:

http://afiercegreenfire.com/

Re: Last movie you watched - 02/22/15 05:12 AM

"Freedom from Choice"

The producers of this film are allowing a FREE viewing through 2/27.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...ary_facebookdoc

To learn more about the film, watch the feature length version, or to purchase a DVD, please click here.

http://www.freedomfromchoicefilm.com/

"Bought" is free to watch now for a limited time only.

http://www.freedomfromchoicefilm.com/

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/03/15 04:24 PM

Free to watch until March 6.

Bought

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/29/15 04:10 PM

"Hungry for Change" Free to watch till March 31 (starts at 6:00)

FMTV is available on Roku

"...they don't know the nature of the trap."

"If it's made in a lab, it takes a lab to digest it."

"If you look at the amount of sugar in a child's breakfast cereal, you might as well be rolling up the kid's sleeve and putting in heroin, because it's the same."

"Your starving on a cellular basis."

https://www.fmtv.com/live

Re: Last movie you watched - 03/29/15 04:22 PM

Percy Schmeiser

David versus Monsanto

"No one should control nature, no one should control life, no one should have that right to put patents on nature and life. As long as my wife and I have life within us, we will always fight for the rights of farmers, always to be able to use their seed from year to year. No one should take that right away from anyone."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su0om5L4Bhg

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/22/15 09:49 PM

Free to watch for a limited time: Genetic Roulette: The Gamble of our Lives

https://vimeo.com/125627467
Posted by: Barbara J. Chamb

Re: Last movie you watched - 05/25/15 07:00 AM

Fast and furious 7 is the latest movie i have watched in 3D near my home. What is your's?

Re: Last movie you watched - 06/01/15 02:45 AM

FREE WORLDWIDE ONLINE SCREENING

Plus Bonus Interviews and Exclusive Footage

May 31, 2015 - June 11, 2015

http://www.boughtmovie.com/free-viewing/...ite+Conversions

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/15/15 06:42 AM

WORLDWIDE FREE ONLINE SCREENING

Plus Bonus Interviews and Exclusive Footage

October 14, 2015 - October 25, 2015

http://www.boughtmovie.net/free-viewing/

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/24/15 12:41 PM

Bought - free to watch through November 3rd.

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/18/15 10:57 PM

Genetic Roulette The Gamble Of Our Lives

https://archive.org/details/GeneticRouletteTheGambleOfOurLives

Bought

Re: Last movie you watched - 02/07/16 06:55 PM

A new film from Germany, in English, about glyphosate. A must see for every food consumer and farmer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDyI10Z8aH0&feature=youtu.be

Zen Honeycutt of Moms Across America in Sydney, Australia in March 2015. 30 minutes

"I'm not a scientist and I'm not a doctor. I'm an expert Mom. I'm the expert of my children. You're your children's expert. If you're not a parent, you are your expert."

"A concerned Mom does better research than the FBI."

"Gmo's are a chemical delivery system to humans."

"Upstate New York tested .33 for Glyphosate in the water - 3X higher than allowed in Europe."

"Glyphosate stayes viable in dark salty water for up to 351 days, does not biodegrade like they say it does, this has been proven so when I went in front of the Monsanto Shareholder meeting this past January and spoke to them about their products harming our children on behalf of mothers, I said to them what is in our womb? Dark salty water and what is the size of a fetus? It's the size of a shrimp."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpkjMP3xhx8#t=33

https://www.facebook.com/MomsAcrossAmerica?fref=ts
http://www.momsacrossamerica.com/
http://www.momsacrosstheworld.com/

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/08/16 03:53 AM

VAXXED From Cover-Up to Catastrophe is available to stream/rent.

http://vaxxedthemovie.com/watch/

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/16/16 09:07 AM

Take Back Your Power

Josh del Sol’s award winning documentary investigates so-called “smart” utility meters, uncovering shocking evidence of in-home privacy invasions, increased utility bills, health & environmental harm, fires and unprecedented hacking vulnerability… and lights the path toward solutions.

https://takebackyourpower.net/

Re: Last movie you watched - 08/30/16 11:18 AM

Noam Chomsky Stars in New Documentary About the Major Risks Humanity Faces From Pesticides

Jimmy Carter and the Dalai Lama help Chomsky uncover pesticide industry corruption.

http://www.alternet.org/documentaries/no...1062392&t=6

Circle of Poison

http://www.circleofpoisonfilm.com/

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/26/16 12:42 PM

Transgenic Wars — How GMOs Impact Livestock and Human Health Around the Globe - FREE viewing through 9/30.

"Transgenic Wars," an award-winning film by French investigative journalist Paul Moreira, takes us on a journey through Europe and Latin America, looking at the effects of genetically engineered (GE) crops, both on livestock and human health.

It also delves into tangential concerns, such as the increased use of glyphosate-based herbicides, atrazine and 2,4-D, the latter of which was an ingredient in the devastating defoliant Agent Orange, used during the Vietnam War.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/09/24/transgenic-wars-gmo.aspx

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/01/16 04:32 PM

Free to watch...

Fluoride: Poison On Tap - Full Documentary

Fluoride in nursery water, cereal, dental fillings and many of our drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqstwfKGzPI

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/10/16 07:05 PM

RIGGED is available to watch for FREE for 10 days starting on October 11th.

http://www.rigged2016.com/

Re: Last movie you watched - 11/01/16 10:36 PM

Before The Flood

Leonardo DiCaprio has taken time out from his usual movie-making duties to front a powerful film about climate change called Before The Flood.

So important is the movie's message, that distributor National Geographic has made it freely available for anyone to stream on YouTube - you can watch the full film below.

http://www.sciencealert.com/leonardo-dic...s-free-to-watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90CkXVF-Q8M

Re: Last movie you watched - 01/26/17 04:20 PM

Rachel Carson, author of Silent Spring

Featuring the voice of Mary-Louise Parker as the influential writer and scientist, Rachel Carson is an intimate portrait of the woman whose groundbreaking books revolutionized our relationship to the natural world. When Silent Spring was published in September 1962 it became an instant bestseller and would go on to spark dramatic changes in the way the government regulated pesticides. Drawn from Carson’s own writings, letters and recent scholarship, the film illuminates both the public and private life of the soft-spoken, shy scientist who launched the modern environmental movement.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/rachel-carson/player/

Re: Last movie you watched - 04/09/17 07:34 PM

Need a free movie to watch this weekend?

Genetic Roulette is back on you tube. Free to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sUNxX0OxP8

Seed: The Untold Story - trailer

http://www.seedthemovie.com/trailer
http://www.seedthemovie.com/trailer

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/21/17 07:08 PM

Injecting Aluminum

Free Weekend Stream!

(USA, Canada, Australia, & New Zealand only)

BEGINS: 12:00 PM NOON Friday October 20th (PST)

ENDS: 11:59 PM Sunday October 22nd (PST)

Run time: 90 minutes

For 60 hours, get an exclusive free viewing of Injecting Aluminum & flash 40% off DVD sale courtesy of:
Australian Vaccination-skeptics Network

Register to receive an email on Friday morning, October 20th, with your exclusive free viewing link, PLUS a 40% discount code if you want to purchase a DVD or one of the screening licenses and/or multi-DVD packages for yourself, or your Legislators, Educators, and Medical Professionals!

http://cinemalibrestudio.com/injecting-aluminum/AVN.html

Re: Last movie you watched - 12/04/17 06:48 AM

The Pathological Optimist

The movie that tells Dr. Andrew Wakefield’s story, is now available to watch On Demand in the United States and Canada!

“How can a man with integrity and nothing but good intentions be so unfairly characterized by our media and so called credible individuals? This truly highlights what I had thought we as Americans had discovered, that you have to dig deeper for the truth. We can't trust the media anymore!!! Thank you Dr. Wakefield for your courage and love of humanity. We are in for the fight of our lives. No one seems to care about truth. I'm grateful to the millions of parents who do care and who do know the truth. If we don't stop this insanity, there will be no country or world to fight for. God help us.”

“This is a fantastic look inside what's happening with vaccines today regardless of where you stand on the issue. This doc shows all sides of the story, especially the side his accusers don't want you to see. It forced me to really look at how information is withheld from the public, altered for the public, and how hard the average citizen has to fight to hear the real truth in medicine. What was most shocking to me was how NOT SHOCKING the information was in the 1998 UK paper, and how Dr. Wakefield was singled for standing his ground. However you feel about vaccines, it's a very informative and rather unbiased film. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, that's for sure.”

About the Movie

In the center of the recent Tribeca Film Festival scandal surrounding his film VAXXED: From Cover-up to Controversy stands Andrew Wakefield, discredited and stripped of his medical license for his infamous study suggesting a link between the MMR vaccine, bowel disease, and autism. THE PATHOLOGICAL OPTIMIST takes us into the inner sanctum of Wakefield and his family from 2011- 2016 as he fights for his day in court in a little known defamation case against the British Medical Journal. Wakefield attempts to clear his name as the media-appointed Father of the Anti-vaccine movement. Director Miranda Bailey weaves a delicate portrait of a man who is THE PATHOLOGICAL OPTIMIST utilizing a never-before-seen, full access look at the man at the center of one of the biggest medical and media controversies of our times.

To watch on Google Play: $3.99 https://play.google.com/store/movies/details/The_Pathological_Optimist?id=uenZMisVWdU

To watch on Amazon (and trailer): $4.99 https://www.amazon.com/Pathological-Opti...+optimist+movie
Posted by: nardson

Re: Last movie you watched - 09/13/18 01:31 AM

Mission Impossible: Fallout. It is the best MI movie I've seen.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/05/18 09:21 AM

Free to watch for a limited time...

Genetically Modified Children (FREE VIEWING - LIMITED TIME) by Stephanie Seneff, Ph.D.

Several years ago, I discovered that a genetically-engineered glyphosate-resistant tobacco seed had been developed and patented [1]; however, it is very difficult to find out what percentage of the tobacco crops are actually grown from these engineered seeds. One anecdotal answer to this question comes from the recently released documentary, Genetically Modified Children, produced and directed by Juliette Igier and Stephanie Lebrun. This movie describes the severe health issues that afflict the children of agricultural workers who live surrounded by glyphosate-resistant tobacco crops produced for sale exclusively to the tobacco company, Philip Morris. The farmers who were interviewed readily admitted that Philip Morris would most likely reject their product if they did not use glyphosate to control weeds and Bayer’s insecticide Confidor to control insects.

The documentary reveals the severe physical deformities, mental disabilities and cancers the children of these tobacco farmers are experiencing, and it offers the rather audacious hypothesis that glyphosate is inducing genetic mutations in the children of these farmers. Could they be right?

In the remainder of this article, I will first describe some of the serious health issues of the children who live near the tobacco fields, as portrayed in the documentary. After a short section about correlations between glyphosate and various diseases, I will discuss, in the following three sections, both the evidence that glyphosate causes birth defects, infertility, developmental issues, DNA damage and cancer, and the plausible biological mechanisms that could explain a link. The next section is devoted to describing the evidence that glyphosate can get into proteins by mistake in place of the coding amino acid glycine, which I now believe is its main mechanism of insidious cumulative toxicity. The rest of the article focuses on two proteins in particular that could get disrupted through glyphosate substitution, and I will explain how this disruption can lead to a runaway phosphorylation cascade resulting in cancer. I will conclude with an urgent request that we change our agricultural methods towards renewable organic solutions, in order to protect future generations from harm.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/genetically-modified-children-free-viewing-limited-time
Posted by: Betty.

Re: Last movie you watched - 10/24/18 11:16 AM

Operation Finale

Re: Last movie you watched - 02/27/19 09:45 AM

Now free to watch...

‘Vaxxed’ — The Hidden Story of How Vaccine Safety Has Been Undermined and Suppressed

In 2013, biologist Dr. Brian Hooker received a call from a Senior Scientist at the U.S. Centers
for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) who led the agency’s 2004 study on the
Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccine and its link to autism.

The scientist, Dr. William Thompson, confessed that the CDC had omitted crucial data in their
final report that revealed a causal relationship between the MMR vaccine and autism. Over
several months, Dr. Hooker records the phone calls made to him by Dr. Thompson who provides
the confidential data destroyed by his colleagues at the CDC.

Dr. Hooker enlists the help of Dr. Andrew Wakefield, the British gastroenterologist falsely
accused of starting the anti-vax movement when he first reported in 1998 that the MMR vaccine
may cause autism. In his ongoing effort to advocate for children’s health, Wakefield
directs this documentary examining the evidence behind an appalling cover-up committed
by the government agency charged with protecting the health of American citizens.

Interviews with pharmaceutical insiders, doctors, politicians, and parents of vaccine-injured
children reveal an alarming deception that has contributed to the skyrocketing increase of
autism and potentially the most catastrophic epidemic of our lifetime.

https://www.facebook.com/100013288598459/videos/111484145971205/

http://vaxxedthemovie.com/about/

------------------

The reason you've never heard about this is because federal health officials concealed
it with a statistical trick. By averaging the mercury exposure over a period of six months,
the spikes in mercury on the days of vaccination disappeared. By massaging the way the
data are reported the effect went from being 12 times over the level of mercury poisoning
to being inconsequential.

As noted by Kennedy:

"An analogy would be to compare taking two Tylenol tablets a day for a month to taking
60 Tylenol tablets in one day; the first exposure is acceptable, while the other is lethal."

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic...LjIkYmVmA27NqbM