Schiff

Posted by: bluezone

Schiff - 01/21/20 07:03 PM

Where is that OVERWHELMING evidence Schiff stated he has?

Schiff wants to blame the Senate for his failures

The house vote was partisan

Posted by: Ben444

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:13 PM

Good Grief! @natespuewell

Every Republican in the Senate today is being seen for what they are: rubber-stamp failures of leadership who are willing to let a president be openly above the law.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:14 PM

William LeGate ·

Sounds like Adam Schiff has prosecuted a case or two in his lifetime… pleasantly surprised at how the 1st few hours of Trump's impeachment trial are going.

Now we need witnesses

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:15 PM

Rachel Maddow MSNBC @maddow

One point:

Senator McConnell said he had the votes to pass the resolution distributed last night.

Clearly, he didn't — or he wouldn't have had to make last-minute changes to it today.

Just worth keeping in mind in terms of his future assertions about what votes he says he has.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:16 PM

Scott Dworkin @funder

Schiff is playing videos of Trump saying he wants witnesses to testify as part of his opening statement for the removal trial. Using Trump’s own words against him. Awesome. #TrumpsRemovalTrial

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:17 PM

Tris Resists @TrisResists

I hope Adam Schiff considers a run for President in the future. He’s sensationally articulate, intelligent, experienced, professional, classy, compassionate, understands diplomacy, foreign relations and he firmly upholds the constitution & rule of law!
Thank you @RepAdamSchiff

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:18 PM

Joshua Potash @JoshuaPotash

No matter where you stand politically you should be outraged that reporters are being barred from the Senate.

Not only is Mitch McConnell ignoring the first amendment, he’s hiding the impeachment proceedings from all of us.

We all deserve to know what’s happening in our Senate.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:19 PM

Morgan J. Freeman @mjfree

The case opened by @RepAdamSchiff is iron-clad & irrefutable: Donald J. Trump abused his power & obstructed justice to protect his personal power & cheat again in 2020. #ImpeachmentTrial

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:21 PM

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Schiff: "The facts will come out in the end. The documents, which the president is hiding, will be released through the FOIA or through other means over time. Witnesses will tell their stories in book and film. The truth will come out. The question is, will it come out in time?"

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:22 PM

Eileen P McLaughlin @EileenPMcLaugh2

Adam Schiff did an absolutely amazing opening statement. Now Jay Sekulow is spouting the same Russian propaganda as Nunez, Collins, and Jordan. He’s not getting 57 minutes of my time. I cannot even take him seriously. It’s so sad to see a man of faith lying his ass off for Trump.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:24 PM

Brian Beutler @brianbeutler

Jarring to transition from Adam Schiff, who always acquits himself professionally (sometimes to a fault!), to Jay Sekulow, who’s a notorious grifter and crook.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:25 PM

Joe Lockhart

Sekulow has lost whatever credibility he had by saying Mueller cleared the President of obstruction of Justice. An absurd and inaccurate statement.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:26 PM

Keith @2TwelveHundreds

Sekulow wants to know why we're here.

We're here because Trump stole $400 million in taxpayer money to benefit himself. That's a felony.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:27 PM

Proud Conservative

How do you stand before the Senate and people of the US and argue with a straight face that Trump’s done “absolutely nothing wrong”? How??

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:28 PM

Mr. Spock

I think the #SenateImpeachmentTrial will once and for all that Republicans are corrupt, cover-up traitors that are out for themselves and screw the truth and National Security. They are all compromised hacks that need to be shown what people power is. #VoteThemAllOut

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:32 PM

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

New: If John Bolton is called to testify at the Senate impeachment trial, several Republicans told NBC News they believe that Trump would assert executive privilege.

A president claiming executive privilege during the trial would be unprecedented.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:33 PM

David Wilson Brown @davidwbrown

If our republic ends, it’s death will firmly lie at the feet of @senatemajldr Mitch McConnell.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:34 PM

Andrew Gillum @AndrewGillum

Mitch McConnell never wanted a fair trial. This is a coverup.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:35 PM

MikeBates @MikeBates

"There are only so many lies you can take. . . Nixon should get his ass out of the White House - today!"
Senator Barry Goldwater, August, 1974
Where are today’s GOP leaders who have the guts Barry did?

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:37 PM

Craig Ogawa @craigaroo

Trump's counsels and briefs are themselves Constitutional Grounds for impeachment & proof of the charges against him, demonstrating that he's neither capable of nor interested in defending the Constitution of a free people. Additional Articles are immediately called for

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:38 PM

Justin Amash @justinamash

Each side must be able to call any witness relevant to the case. Each side must be able to present any evidence relevant to the case. The focus must be on a fair trial, not the political fortunes of the president, Republicans, or Democrats.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:41 PM

Mother Jones @MotherJones

Senate Minority Leader @SenSchumer just called Trump's actions in the Ukraine scandal “crimes against democracy itself.”

“We are staring down an erosion of the sacred democratic principles for which our founders fought a bloody war of independence.” #ImpeachmentTrial

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:43 PM

Covie @roper_93

Schiff & that guy both gave moving speeches but in different ways.

Chairman Schiff's was moving, brought a tear or two, proof that America has some of the best and brightest.

That guy (Sekulow) is moving in the sense that, you hear it and is moved to turn off your TV.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:46 PM

Jennifer Rubin @JRubinBlogger

Trump and McConnell can rig an acquittal but it will deny him exoneration in the eyes of those 69% who expect witnesses. And Sens who vote for hiding witnesses will be laughingstocks

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:47 PM

Palmer Report @PalmerReport

Donald Trump just announced that “We are now NUMBER ONE in the Universe.” He’s right. Poll numbers in favor of his impeachment are in fact the highest in the universe.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:49 PM

Alex @aroseblush

This country is so divided, look no further than the abandonment of the 'Rule of Law', and our system of 'checks & balances', 3 co-equal branches of gov't. You have only 'HOPE' to cling to. Hope that 4 Senators will do the right thing, or that Justice Roberts will intervene

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:50 PM

Rick @rick00979

I get the impression that Trump's "legal team" are the same guys trying to sell me gold coins on late-night on TV. They are so transparent in their phoniness.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:52 PM

Elizabeth Warren @ewarren

Mitch McConnell knows the facts are damning for Donald Trump. To protect him, he’s pushing through a sham trial with no witnesses and no White House documents. He’s orchestrating a cover up, and trampling over the Constitution as he does it.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:54 PM

Navy Mom Mae B Someday Soon

I feel an intense rage listening to Mitch McConnell's hubris as he tells us what he will & will not do as he sells out democracy in service of trump. It feels like hate, and I try never to hate. The gods are gonna have to help me with this one.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:56 PM

Luke @JDLuckenbach

If I told you a sitting President visiting Pearl Harbor had to be told what had happened there in the past by his chief of staff, you’d say that was bullshit, but you’d be wrong.
That’s exactly what Trump’s chief of Staff Kelly had to do for Trump.
#midnightmoscowmitch

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 07:58 PM

Kamala Harris @SenKamalaHarris

On break right now and let me just say this: I fully support Senator Schumer’s amendment to ensure we see all relevant documents withheld by the White House. Documents don’t lie.

If Republicans block this, then it’s not a fair trial. Period.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 08:12 PM

Garrett Haake @GarrettHaake

Cipollone says “Not even Mr. Schiff’s Republican colleagues were allowed into the SCIF” during impeachment investigation.

That’s 100% false. Any member of the three investigating committees could attend, and many Republicans did!

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 08:13 PM

Elizabeth C. McLaughlin @ECMcLaughlin

@MSNBC immediately observes that McConnell has apparently lost control of his caucus. KEEP. CALLING.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 08:15 PM

Stephanie Kennedy @WordswithSteph

#MidnightMitch’s dark GOP strategy is clear: The less Americans see of Trump’s impeachment trial, the better.

The #GOPCoverup is in motion, and voters are incensed. Republican Senators who facilitate Trump’s rigged acquittal are breaking their oaths, and betraying America.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 08:16 PM

Ryan Knight @ProudResister

BREAKING: Elizabeth Warren just announced as president that she will establish a Task Force to “investigate the corruption during the Trump administration and hold officials accountable for illegal activity.” We cannot let the corruption of the Trump administration go unpunished.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 08:30 PM

Max Boot @MaxBoot

@RepAdamSchiff sounds relaxed, compelling, and convincing, marshaling evidence and law to make his case. An impressive difference from the over-caffeinated lying and name-calling from Trump's lawyers.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 08:50 PM

David Jolly (former Republican congressman):

GOP Senators may vote to acquit, but there is something truly cleansing to the national conscience to see Adam Schiff walk into their chamber and shove a full dose of truth down their throats before they do

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 11:01 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/shame-o...-has-failed-us/

‘Shame on them forever’: Law professor says ‘every single Republican in the Senate has failed us’

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 11:11 PM

Finbar Lovely is Dead @JMcNChicago

McConnell is making this trial a farce. House should hold further impeachment hearings, subpoena every single witness, arrest those who don’t comply, send new articles to the Senate.

Re: Schiff - 01/21/20 11:15 PM

Chele Retweeted Regular Resister @RegularResister

Adam Schiff is a beast! I would hate to be the Trump lawyers today.

Adam Schiff is fighting for us, and we are lucky to have him.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 07:49 AM

Kasie Hunt (news reporter)

Jason Crow, a surprise manager, today demonstrating why @SpeakerPelosi picked him

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 07:52 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/schiff-mauls-cipollone-on-impeachment-trials-first-day-233710133.html

Schiff mauls Cipollone on impeachment trial's first day

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 09:18 AM

Koko @Kokomothegreat

Adam Schiff said "I guess how you drain the swamp is have all your people go to jail. grin grin grin

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 09:29 AM

Wendy R. Sherman @wendyrsherman

Who isn’t impressed by this extraordinary and diverse group of House mangers- prepared, articulate, profound, thorough, patriotic, committed to truth, to our democracy and to America. Honored to know them and to listen to them. Thank you.

Invisible Stealth Resister @JTMontgomery8

Trump will be acquitted, but they set the table for November. We will get rid of every single GOP Senator up for re-election.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 11:32 AM

Walter Dellinger (Emeritus Professor Law, Duke University):

Schiff is not just good. Today is one of the most impressive performances by a lawyer I have ever seen.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 03:16 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/moderat...ls-trial-rules/

‘Moderate’ Republicans blasted for their ‘fealty’ to McConnell’s trial rules

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 03:22 PM

Fernand R. Amandi @AmandiOnAir

Why isn’t there a crowd of hundreds of thousands of outraged fellow citizens gathering RIGHT NOW outside the United States Capitol building in non-violent protest of the @SenateGOP’s undisguised attempts to destroy our democracy in this disgraceful #ShamTrial?

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 03:24 PM

Republiculos (15 hours ago):

Raise your hand if you agree that @RepAdamSchiff is killing the GOP defense. If this trial was being decided by a fair jury, they would convict trump tonight just based on today's performance.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 03:28 PM

Senator Chris Murphy (8 hours ago)

The contrast between the preparedness of the House managers and the POTUS team is striking. Schiff and his team carefully build their case w prepared remarks choreographed with video. Cipollone and his lawyers seem to be winging it mostly. Kind of wild to watch.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben444
Schiff

He has nothing but double talk

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: bluezone
Schiff

My god. You are helping destroy our democracy. Are you OK with living under dictator Trump, then Trump Jr or Ivanka?

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/washing...tage-democracy/

Washington Post issues a startling warning: Senate GOP is ‘laying the groundwork’ to sabotage democracy

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 05:57 PM

Schiff
All these educated people and you know more than they do? You must be a real genius. You would rather believe Trump who has 16,000 lies in three years? Amazing.

Walter Dellinger (Emeritus Professor Law, Duke University):

Schiff is not just good. Today is one of the most impressive performances by a lawyer I have ever seen.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 06:05 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/the-pre...-schiffs-hands/

‘The president is not very smart’: George Conway tells CNN how Trump played right into Adam Schiff’s hands

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 06:28 PM

Angry Staffer .....

This is a brilliant opening statement by Schiff.

The history lesson is a good reminder to — and designed to weigh upon — the few in the Senate who will decide on witnesses.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 07:20 PM

Joyce Alene (U of Alabama Law Professor):

Schiff points out the central weakness of Trump’s defense: he can’t dispute the facts. He did it. That’s why all the thumping of the table, withholding documents & gagging witnesses. That’s why this president can’t testify under oath in his own defense.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 07:30 PM

Michael Grossman:

During his opening remarks, Adam Schiff refers to the documented involvement of the Pres' lawyer Mr. Cipiolone in the Ukraine cover-up; and briefly looks at Mr. Cipiolone seated across from him. Will Mr. Cipiolone directly refute his involvement?

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 07:32 PM

Overheard convo between two Republican Senators who only watch Fox News. "is this stuff real? I haven't heard any of this before. I thought it was all about a server. If half the stuff Schiff is saying is true, we're up sh*t's creek. Hope the White House has exculpatory evidence

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 07:34 PM

(((DeanObeidallah)))

You must watch Adam Schiff opening statement right now- he's CONVICTING Trump. There is no legal defense to what Schiff is saying -only a rigged trial could save Trump.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 07:38 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Advocacy perfection. For 30 years I did nothing but prosecute cases & argue appeals in both military & civilian courts. Adam Schiff’s performance was remarkable! I was also impressed & moved by Rep. Hakeem Jeffries’ arguments in both tone & substance. Thank you to ALL Managers.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 07:57 PM

Marie

#Califrnia you are a very lucky state indeed to have @RepAdamSchiff representing you and I have serious envy. It may not be in 2020, but we need him in the WH in the future desperately.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 08:12 PM

Schiff has been babbling for nearly 2 hours on tv

Where is that overwhelming evidence that you failed to provide in the house of reps?

You and Nancy sat on the articles for 33 days

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 08:44 PM

I heard it was 28 days including two weeks of Christmas vacation. The Reps lie and make it sound so bad. Pathetic.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 08:46 PM

Joyce Alene (law professor):

I’ve heard some very fine lawyers. Schiff has earned a place among them.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 08:48 PM

Michael Grossman @MichaelArt123

Nicholle: Adam Schiff presented in granular detail the evidence to support the two articles of impeachment. I think he did something else too. He appealed to our better Angels, and he appealed to the Senators's Better Angels for a fair trial. It was an important moment.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 08:50 PM

Schiff has been babbling for nearly 2 hours on tv

Where is that overwhelming evidence that you failed to provide in the house of reps?
If you listened for 2 hours and didn't hear overwhelming evidence (including Trump on video admitting to his crimes) there is no hope for you.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 08:56 PM

Amee Vanderpool:

The level of hate members of the GOP have for Adam Schiff is directly proportionate to Schiff's brilliance. #TrumpImpeachmentTrial

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 09:02 PM

Preet Bharara (Former US Attorney, SDNY.):

@RepAdamSchiff is being kind about Pat Cipollone’s lies on the Senate floor (“he’s mistaken”) & it earns Schiff class and credibility points

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 09:08 PM

Nickamin1 @nickamin20

There is no one on the planet like @RepAdamSchiff
..who is sooo succinctly able to articulate how the criminal cascade of events unfolded...detailing with such clarity..the crimes perpetrated by Trump and supported by the @GOP

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 09:10 PM

Monica Fraker

When Adam Schiff is finished with his opening arguments they should just end this trial. He has proven Trump is guilty many times over. Put Republicans on blast for being traitors to this country.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 09:12 PM

John Lundin

Adam Schiff Makes GOP Senators Squirm With Video Of Trump Asking China And Ukraine For Election Help - https://politicususa.com/2020/01/22/adam...ction-help.html via @politicususa #TrumpImpeachmentTrial #AdamSchiffROCKS

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 09:32 PM

Sarah Reese Jones @PoliticusSarah

A dozen Republican Senators broke the rules and walked out on Adam Schiff as he was delivering the evidence against Donald Trump.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 09:37 PM

Evan McMullin (Former: CIA ops officer, GOP policy director, independent presidential candidate.):

Every single American—even Trump supporters though they may not realize it—is incredibly lucky that Adam Schiff happens to be in office now, prepared as he is, to perform this skilled, righteous defense of our Republic.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 10:24 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/republi...mnist-max-boot/

Boot noted that Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) came prepared with not only information but a slate of videos that used his own words against him. It was so good that lawyers watching Schiff called it the perfect example to use for law school classes and others complimented it as the most impressive they’ve ever seen.

Re: Schiff - 01/22/20 10:31 PM

Just another Republican lie. They held them over the XMAS and New Years holidays when the Senate was not in session anyhow.

While House Democrats did wait before they transmitted the articles of impeachment, they took 28 days, not 33. The House voted to impeach Trump on December 18, Democrats sent over the articles on January 15.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 06:59 AM

Elizabeth Thorp @ElizabethEThorp

The coolest, bravest and most important person in the world right now is the same person — the badass Lead Impeachment Manager. #SchiffShow #TrumpIsGuilty

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 07:05 AM

Jennifer Rubin (Conservative blogger at @WashingtonPost , MSNBC contributor, recovering lawyer):

This is the most brilliant legal presentation I have heard. None comes close. The tone, the facts, the anticipated defenses. I am in awe.

Jill Wine-Banks (Watergate prosecutor):

Totally agree. @RepAdamSchiff and his team were outstanding. They made clear what Trump did and why and why it matters and why it is grounds for impeachment and removal. Facts should persuade the Republicans who have so far resisted hearing the truth.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 01:19 PM

Conservative Naval War College Prof. Tom Nichols .....“Schiff is laying out a narrative that is so clear – and undeniable, because it is rooted in a huge amount of documents and testimony – that the President’s defenders only have the choice now of looking complicit, stupid, or immoral (or all three) in rejecting it,” he wrote.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 02:34 PM

Schiff

I am truly amazed that with all of the quotes from highly educated people strongly applauding Schiff on here that you apparently have not changed your mind one iota about him. I have gone out of my way to post stuff from Republicans, conservatives and some not involved in politics at all.
Posted by: Teonan

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 03:06 PM

Schiff

I am truly amazed that with all of the quotes from highly educated people strongly applauding Schiff on here that you apparently have not changed your mind one iota about him. I have gone out of my way to post stuff from Republicans, conservatives and some not involved in politics at all.

Yep.
Selective brain freeze in full effect. Beyond moronic.
Posted by: ThomasDecker

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 03:32 PM

Craig Ogawa @craigaroo

Trump's counsels and briefs are themselves Constitutional Grounds for impeachment & proof of the charges against him, demonstrating that he's neither capable of nor interested in defending the Constitution of a free people. Additional Articles are immediately called for

Quote:

proof of the charges against him,

What poof is that?

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 03:39 PM

Laurence Tribe @tribelaw

@RepAdamSchiff is a one-man master class in effective advocacy. He’s spellbinding without showboating, clear as a bell without being boring, educational without being condescending, and piercingly logical without being pedantic.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 08:52 PM

he ain't got 67 votes and knows it

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 08:59 PM

I am afraid you are right. But this jury trial is going to weaken Trump in the polls leading up to November.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:01 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/watch-h...ushed-by-biden/

WATCH: House Dem trolls Trump at impeachment by citing a Fox News poll showing him getting crushed by Biden

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:02 PM

I am afraid you are right

Inform Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:02 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/impeach...ality-and-hope/

Impeachment trial makes it clear: Republicans are beyond reason, evidence, reality and hope

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:04 PM

I am afraid you are right

Inform Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler
I think they know but they are working hard to make Trump look as bad as possible. And that is really really bad.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:05 PM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/has-no-idea-what-hes-doing-donald-trump/24618/

Donald Trump has no idea what he’s doing

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:07 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dems-convict-trump-write-history-012910434.html

Dems: Convict Trump or ‘Write the History of Our Decline with Our Own Hand’

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:08 PM

Schiff ain't 67 votes

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:12 PM

Schiff ain't 67 votes
And Trump will lose Nov 2020 election in a landslide because of how bad he looks in this removal trial.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:13 PM

Nancy Pelosi @SpeakerPelosi

Americans rely on clean water to grow our food, preserve our ecosystems & protect the health of our children. By giving polluters free rein to dump pollutants into waters, the Trump Admin is threatening the drinking water of 117 million Americans.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Teonan
The refreshing opportunity of silence

[size:14pt]Hit the mute button[/s]

The mute button is used every time Schiff is on tv

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:15 PM

Pat Fuller .......

I’m very angry to learn that many GOP Senators say they’ve never heard the evidence the Democrats are presenting! Were they willfully ignorant or just incompetent?

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Teonan
The refreshing opportunity of silence

[size:14pt]Hit the mute button[/s]

The mute button is used every time Schiff is on tv

You started this thread by saying this!

Quote:
Where is that OVERWHELMING evidence Schiff stated he has?

Schiff wants to blame the Senate for his failures

The house vote was partisan

Then how do you know this? It shows why you know nothing! LOL

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:19 PM

no 67 votes

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:21 PM

no 67 votes
You are such a broken record who knows nothing! And understands nothing[size:26pt][/size]

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:22 PM

I can't believe we have US senators this damn dumb!

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/indiana...ote-to-convict/

Indiana Republican senator agrees Trump did it — he just won’t vote to convict

Republican Sen. Mike Braun of Indiana is the latest to admit that what President Donald Trump has done was wrong, but he still won’t vote to kick the president out of office.

Speaking to Fox News congressional reporter Chad Pergram, Braun made his conclusions after the House spent a little over one day making their case. No witnesses have been called nor has evidence been subpoenaed from the White House. But Braun already agrees Trump is guilty of what the House is accusing him.

“Where I am coming from, is that, probably the discussion of all of this wasn’t appropriate, it’s obviously gotten the president into an entanglement,” he said. “It is just not impeachable. And the sentences either you’re gone. You don’t get off. You know, for probation.”

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:30 PM

You are such a broken record who knows nothing! And understands nothing

That would be Schiff

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:33 PM

You are such a broken record who knows nothing! And understands nothing
That would be Schiff

You are such a joke today. Except you are not funny.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:33 PM

You are such a broken record who knows nothing

How long did Schiff have to beg Pelosi to be the lead?

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:34 PM

Have you noticed how many highly educated people I have quoted on this thread the last few days? And how many has bluezone quoted? None because there are no such people.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:35 PM

You are such a joke today. Except you are not funny.

NO 67 VOTES

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:36 PM

You are such a broken record who knows nothing

How long did Schiff have to beg Pelosi to be the lead?
How the hell do I know? You don't know either. I believe she recognizes exceptional talent when she sees it. You area soooo jealous.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:36 PM

[
Have you noticed how many highly educated people I have quoted on this thread the last few days?

and many said there were 67 votes?

NONE

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:37 PM

Irene Langton

To be honest, This is the man we need for our next president. Honest, competent, knowledgeable, smart and well educated! Adam Shiff for President!

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:39 PM

I believe she recognizes exceptional talent when she sees it.

The far left pushed Pelosi to impeachment

If she loses the house she will regret it

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:40 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/msnbcs-...-didnt-do-this/

MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace nails Trump’s defenders: ‘Not only has no one said he wouldn’t do this — no one has said he didn’t do this’

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:41 PM

It
Adam Shiff for President![/size]

Are you say the other democrats lack any promise?

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:42 PM

I believe she recognizes exceptional talent when she sees it.

The far left pushed Pelosi to impeachment

If she loses the house she will regret it
Last year she said impeaching wasn't worth. After the Ukraine scandal broke she said she had to do it.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:44 PM

MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace

How did the Mueller report work out for you?

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:44 PM

It
Adam Shiff for President![/size]

Are you say the other democrats lack any promise?
Any Democrat is better than Trump. If Trump is re-elected our democracy is gone and the Trump family will be our dictators for life.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:45 PM

MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace

How did the Mueller report work out for you?
I have answered that before. I am tired of answering your same question over and over. Bill Barr destroyed the Mueller report.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:45 PM

Last year she said impeaching wasn't worth.

She said it needed to be bi partisan

It was not

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:46 PM

Lori Cardille

#Shiff and the Dem’s are killing it! So much evidence it’s rediculous. If the Republican senators try to ignore these facts, they will go down and we can say goodbye to their party.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:47 PM

Benjamin

Adam Shiff is moping the floor with Trumps lawyers. They can’t keep up!

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:49 PM

It was not
Because Trump is a total bully and he has the Republicans shaking in their boots.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:49 PM

the Mueller report.

Mueller knew it was all a waste of time and he dragged it out to alter the mid term elections

Now Pelosi has the far left to deal with and she can not handle it

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:50 PM

It was not

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/04/politics/justin-amash-leaving-gop/index

Trump critic Justin Amash quits Republican Party

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:51 PM

Because

ain't got 67 votes

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:51 PM

the Mueller report.

Mueller knew it was all a waste of time and he dragged it out to alter the mid term elections

Now Pelosi has the far left to deal with and she can not handle it
Dream on as the Dems take president and both houses of congress this November.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 09:56 PM

And which Democrat candidate is your best one?

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 10:27 PM

Any one is a hundred times better than Trump and will save our democracy.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 10:42 PM

Mark MacLeod @MarkMac61088519

I for one have not seen much lawyering. However, I cannot say how impressed I have been with Adam Shiff and his performance over the last two days. Amazing.

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 10:43 PM

niklin @niklin_jj

I’d vote Adam Shiff for President in a heartbeat

Re: Schiff - 01/23/20 10:46 PM

Joe Biden (Text Join to 30330)

It’s not hyperbole to say Donald Trump is a threat to our planet. We have to get him out of the White House and treat the climate emergency like the existential threat that it is. Our future depends on it.

Re: Schiff - 01/24/20 07:48 AM

Laurence Tribe (Harvard law professor):

“Right matters. And truth matters. Otherwise we are lost.” —
@RepAdamSchiff
. That final ten minutes was extraordinary. Schiff made a compelling case that leaving Trump in office endangers us all. We all know we can’t count on Trump. To do what’s right not for him but for us all.

Re: Schiff - 01/24/20 08:13 AM

Reject Rapepublicanism @RejectRapepubl1

Today, 23 Republican Senators violated a rule requiring them to be present when trial is in session.

By retweeting this, you join me in urging @RepAdamSchiff to demand Justice Roberts remove them from the trial for this blatant violation of the oath they took as jurors.

Mary Rose @Beutifulgame

Replying to @RejectRapepubl1 and @RepAdamSchiff

Adam Schiff shouldn't have to demand justice. Chief Justice should do his job.

Maurice @Maurice46478372

Replying to @RejectRapepubl1

@colleen_benn and @RepAdamSchiff

No juror in America would be able to get up and walk out of a courtroom and still be able to vote at the end of the trial but judge Roberts will allow it because they're Republicans and he's in on the fix

Re: Schiff - 01/24/20 11:44 AM

Scarlet

Damn, I cried and cried and cried.

I think he was on the brink of tears himself. He looked choked up.

Oh my God

I am so grateful for his passion. So deeply thankful for his heart and his love for our country
@RepAdamSchiff

POWERFUL INDEED

#SchiffRocks

Re: Schiff - 01/24/20 04:26 PM

Today, 23 Republican Senators violated a rule requiring them to be present

Maybe they got tired of listening to Schiff whine all day long

Posted by: Formermac

Re: Schiff - 01/24/20 04:42 PM

Or maybe we are witnessing the total lack of respect shown to any constituent regardless of personal opinion. When we as adults display publicly the inability to act accordingly, what example are we showing our young people, which BTW, is recording record numbers of suicide, drug use, abortion, school dropout etc. Question, where is this new behavior of "I don't care" originating from? I can give you a hint, look at your postings which comes from an supposed old adult but why have we place expectation for our youth to "please grow up" At you age your Mom,,Dad, concerned neighbors and school principal would be all so disappointed in you to behavior at this manner back when you were 18 years old....I'm astounded at the progress you've achieved since then.

Re: Schiff - 01/24/20 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Formermac
total lack of respect

One should talk....

Re: Schiff - 01/24/20 07:45 PM

I think he was on the brink of tears himself.

must be he realizes he lacks any credibility

Re: Schiff - 01/24/20 07:53 PM

“Right matters. And truth matters. Otherwise we are lost.” —
@RepAdamSchiff

False dossier
Fisa abuse
Mueller knew there was nothing to find
Where is the whistleblower that Schiff talked with?
Schiff can not even keep his story straight

Re: Schiff - 01/24/20 07:59 PM

schiff

He is running out of time to speak and he still has not talked about both articles

Overwhelming evidence.....

YAWN

Re: Schiff - 01/24/20 08:07 PM

total lack of respect

One should talk....

One should, maybe the reason you're here is because of the disrespect you've shown especially in the local county threads. wink

Re: Schiff - 01/24/20 08:46 PM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/do...he-rails/24651/

If the first three days of the Senate impeachment trial have demonstrated that Adam Schiff and the House impeachment managers are very skilled at what they do, these first three days have also served as a reminder that Donald Trump only hires the worst people. His impeachment trial defense team is a collection of disgraced and incompetent goons who only got the job because they’re willing to tell the lies that Trump mistakenly thinks will help him with voters.

As a reminder of just how inept Donald Trump’s impeachment defense team is, consider that one of the key members is Jay Sekulow. He’s the guy who earlier this week didn’t appear to know what “FOIA” was, and who a couple years ago performed so poorly on Fox News that host Chris Wallace was reduced to blurting out “oh boy this is weird.” Now Sekulow has found a whole new way to go off the rails.

Last week Lev Parnas appeared on MSNBC and CNN and spilled his guts about Donald Trump’s Ukraine scandal. One of Lev’s key assertions was that Donald Trump personally consented to longtime Trump lawyer John Dowd representing Lev, despite a potential conflict of interest. But now an email from Jay Sekulow confirms that he did indeed personally get Trump’s permission.

Sekulow is now admitting to Adam Klasfeld of Courthouse News that he did indeed author the email in question. But Sekulow is still insisting in the same breath that Donald Trump doesn’t know Lev Parnas. That’s right, his position is that Trump agreed to let his own longtime lawyer represent some random recently arrested guy that he didn’t even know. This all just keeps getting more desperate.

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 11:37 AM

Ms. Krassenstein

Even if American Democracy crumbles, Adam Schiff will be a folk hero to Americans. That’s if Trump doesn’t burn all books and ban the Internet after claiming ultimate power. #AdamSchiffHasMyRespect

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 11:42 AM

Schiff 2020

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 11:59 AM

Jack Pitney @jpitney

Adam Schiff did not lose any Republican senators tonight. They were never going to change their minds, and he knew it. His goal was to expose them as cowards, and he succeeded.

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 01:33 PM

Patrick S. Tomlinson @stealthygeek

Okay serious question why is Schiff not running for Pres?

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 02:10 PM

Have we as Americans lowered our standard down to the position of party affiliation and nothing more?
Who told you that the Republicans/Democrats offer the best/worse candidates? response, narrow minded individuals and fake media. Over the years the United States has suffered or benefited immensely under either. it just so happen that the last Republican before Trump destroyed this country and a Black Democrat restored it but the ignorance comes into play when either side will not acknowledge facts bad or good. Thus we find ourselves now criticizing efforts to benefit citizens while touting and supporting factions which hurts the country as a whole. Stop your ignorance of choosing a Democrat versus a Republican, learn to sit down and educate yourself in regard to any candidate's personal beliefs, lifestyle, marriage status, is said candidate a ethical individual? how transparent are they in terms of fairness toward women/ minorities etc. I will place myself above many of you not to put you down but how many of you will brag about the fact that they did not vote nationally back in 2015 because in my personal opinion neither party offered a viable and honest candidate? Ignorance has taken precedent in our politics which has slowly blurred itself into the arena of race, crime, healthcare and a particular party will effectively harm the other solely for the reason that they are....you fill in blank
Answer a few pertinent questions
Is it wrong or right to lie?
Are we all human beings or is there a specific order defining one race better than the other?
If you witnessed a crime, would you report it or tell said individual" watch your back, someone is watching you?
If you claim to be so honest as a human being, why in God's name are we fighting and tearing one another down based on an supposedly substantially and verifiable fact. Thousand to one our children know the distinction because we once taught them the difference.

https://www.kff.org/uninsured/issue-brief/key-facts-about-the-uninsured-population/

https://www.amnestyusa.org/issues/gun-vi...iBoCczQQAvD_BwE

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 02:34 PM

Roland Scahill

Bloomberg should air Adam Schiff’s closing statement during the Super Bowl

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 02:35 PM

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 02:40 PM

I heard it was 28 days including two weeks of Christmas vacation. The Reps lie and make it sound so bad. Pathetic.
bump

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 02:46 PM

Biden?

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 02:54 PM

Biden?
Schiff. There is now talk on Twitter that he should get in the race with all his recent great exposure.

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 03:49 PM

From Twitter:

Conscientious Observer @ConscienceIsIt

Serious question- why in God’s name isn’t @AdamSchiff running for Democratic nominee? He’s intelligent, a leader, and clearly a good decent man.

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 05:24 PM

Santiago Mayer @santiagomayer_

Watching Adam Schiff speak, I can’t help but wonder how much better our world would be if all our elected officials were like him.

He’s articulate, he’s knowledgeable, he’s courageous, and he has risen to meet history.

He is a good man.

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 05:34 PM

Rob Reiner @robreiner

Adam Schiff has made the airtight argument that Donald Trump is Putin’s Useful Idiot. And unless Republican Senators, who all know it’s true, vote to remove the Useful Idiot, the country we love and Democracy itself will be devoured by Autocracy.

Lynne Pena @LynnePena75 = Replying to @robreiner

Congress DOES know. They’ve seen even more evidence than we know about. They’re not stupid. They know democracy hangs in the balance. Treacherous.

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 08:52 PM

Josh Lederman@JoshNBCNews

JUST IN: Full audio obtained by @NBCNews
of what Parnas attorney says is donor dinner with Trump includes what appears to be Trump asking how long Ukraine would last against Russia, told "without us, not very long"

In recording, Trump also appears to be unaware of name of US ambassador to Ukraine just seconds before he says to "get rid of her tomorrow."

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 09:19 PM

Seth Abramson@SethAbramson (attorney)

There is no courage in the GOP of 2020. Not a single drop. We must stop looking for it. Democratic voters and independents willing to vote for Democrats to save the nation will have to save the nation. It's just that simple.

The Republican Party is lost forever. It won't return.

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 10:30 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/heres-w...i-ukraine-rant/

Here’s why Mike Pompeo picked the worst possible moment for his expletive-laden anti-Ukraine rant

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 10:42 PM

Matthew Miller (MSNBC Justice & Security Analyst):

Pat Philbin is a good lawyer who had a good reputation before joining the White House, but this is a dishonorable, not to mention irrelevant, attack he is leveling against the whistleblower. No one escapes working for this president without dishonoring themselves in some way.

Re: Schiff - 01/25/20 11:48 PM

Trinity @TrinityResists

Trump has blocked 9 subpoenaed witnesses’ testimonies & 71 document requests on just Ukraine.

The refusal to cooperate with these lawful requests is a violation of
2 US Code §192—Refusal of Witness or Produce Papers

It’s punishable by a year in prison.

Re: Schiff - 01/26/20 08:12 AM

cryborg @cryborg

If the GOP acquits Trump they’re literally crowning him ‘King of America.’

Unless circumstances change democracy will be dead by the time the election rolls around

If Trump thinks he’s now officially above the law?

He will abuse that power like never before.

Re: Schiff - 01/26/20 09:10 AM

abbeludwig

Emotional Schiff speech goes viral, delighting the left and enraging the right

Most Republican's made clear they intended to vote to acquit. But after Schiff's fiery speech calling for Trump's removal, some felt compelled to give Schiff grudging respect.

Re: Schiff - 01/26/20 05:29 PM

Take him out! Just do it!

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/trump-a...twitter-threat/

Trump accused of inciting violence against Adam Schiff with ‘not paid the price yet’ Twitter threat

Re: Schiff - 01/26/20 06:05 PM

He has been in politics a few decades and most likely you never knew his name until recently

Did he improve healthcare while in politics for 20+ years?

NOPE

so what has he done for those 20 years?

NOTHING

but live off the taxpayers

Re: Schiff - 01/26/20 06:09 PM

Must be the other democratics running you are not fond of...

Call up Hillary or is she too busy bashing Sanders and Gabbard?

Re: Schiff - 01/26/20 08:31 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/trump-s...rtment-counsel/

Trump should be hauled before a federal judge over threat against Adam Schiff: Ex-Justice Department counsel

Re: Schiff - 01/27/20 11:39 PM

Adam Schiff .....

It requires moral courage to stand up to this President.

There's no doubt that he is vindictive — his threatening tweet about me today is proof positive.

But we all have an obligation to do the right thing.

Moral courage is rare. But it is never more essential than now.

Re: Schiff - 01/28/20 11:20 AM

Adam Schiff @RepAdamSchiff:

The President blocked our request for Bolton’s testimony.

Now we see why:

Bolton directly contradicts the heart of the President’s defense.

If the trial is to be fair, Senators must insist that Mr. Bolton be called as a witness, and provide his notes and other documents.

Re: Schiff - 01/28/20 03:50 PM

Now we see why:

Bolton directly contradicts the heart of the President’s defense.

If the trial is to be fair, Senators must insist that Mr. Bolton be called as a witness, and provide his notes and other documents.

Schiff said he had overwhelming evidence and rushed it thru the house

The Senate does not do the houses job

There are not 67 votes

Re: Schiff - 01/28/20 03:52 PM

Adam Schiff

Schiff is on his way to destroy the democratic party

If more witnesses are called the democrats running will not be able to campaign

Re: Schiff - 01/28/20 04:29 PM

Adam Schiff

Schiff is on his way to destroy the democratic party

If more witnesses are called the democrats running will not be able to campaign

Everyone of us definitely have their own opinion, with that being said, Trump single highhandedly destroyed democracy. You tell the difference between Russia Putin and America Trump wherein Putin will destroy you by ending your life if you defy him, Trump will destroy your reputation, career or any other entity you've built over the years if you get on his wrong side which is becoming more and more frequent.

Re: Schiff - 01/28/20 04:44 PM

Question, what set of rules and laws do you abide by when you state that all Black thugs should go to prison, women need to stay in their proper place etc. but when an old corrupt White man commits a crime "Oh!!!!!! the humanity to falsely impeach them or remotely suggest a punishment" I'll go out on a limb and guess that you're an old White guy yourself. Being that your particular species is running the country currently, need we wonder why it's in such disarray seeing that minorities and women are ostracized and pushed out of your particular party in terms of ideals and input....as I've often stated, you guys formed it 200 years ago and I guess that you've taken the position to go it alone to destroying it.

Re: Schiff - 01/28/20 06:44 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/adam-schiff-terrifies-donald-trump-and-his-republican-lackeys/

Adam Schiff terrifies Donald Trump and his Republican lackeys

Published 22 mins ago on January 28, 2020 By Michael Winship,

Re: Schiff - 01/29/20 05:59 PM

Adam Schiff terrifies

LOL...

sit back and watch Schiff destroy the democratic party

Re: Schiff - 01/29/20 06:03 PM

Bolton has nothing

If he did he would have brought it sooner

Bolton is trying to pump up his new book sales

Re: Schiff - 01/29/20 06:31 PM

I find it amazing that you know so much but here on the forum your knowledge appears equal to that of a high school student. In my business of electronic, everything must be quantified before making a bonehead and foolish assessment, the same holds here.

Re: Schiff - 01/29/20 06:46 PM

Bolton has nothing

If he did he would have brought it sooner

Bolton is trying to pump up his new book sales

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/politics/donald-trump-john-bolton-white-house-book/index.html

You mean to tell that Trump would begrudge Bolton a few million dollars profit when he himself has profited millions off the back of unsuspecting Americans? Besides what harm can an lil bookie wookie do since it's nothing as you claim? wink

Re: Schiff - 01/29/20 11:14 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/adam-sc...whistleblowers/

Adam Schiff owns Republicans by quoting the GOP’s support of whistleblowers

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 02:13 AM

Quote:
'GAME OVER,' Trump declares, as old Bolton, Schiff videos surface amid impeachment trial

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 08:54 AM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/day-of-reckoning/24804/

DAY OF RECKONING

Let the Republicans continue their fools’ errand. They will pay for it in November. Then, we can begin the process of trying to repair our country from the damage inflicted by Trump’s “presidency” and his GOP lackeys. That will be a day of celebration and will benefit even those who refuse to see the damage that has been done.

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 09:51 AM

“A failed scheme doesn’t make you innocent,” Schiff says. “It just makes you unsuccessful -- an unsuccessful crook”
Posted by: Teonan

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 11:06 AM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/day-of-reckoning/24804/

DAY OF RECKONING

Let the Republicans continue their fools’ errand. They will pay for it in November. Then, we can begin the process of trying to repair our country from the damage inflicted by Trump’s “presidency” and his GOP lackeys. That will be a day of celebration and will benefit even those who refuse to see the damage that has been done.

>BUMP<

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 01:41 PM

Bump indeed. Let's not entertain the old adage of "damn if you do, damn if you don't" The Republicans were damned for the last 3 years and they can thank their dictator for that position. If the Republicans allow witness(which I seriously doubt that they will) the entire hearing is a sham on their behalf and if they block witnesses from testifying, the entire country along with the world is taking note of a corrupted party being lead by a corrupted president. This being the case, we have further lost any glimmer of credibility and respect we once garnered throughout the country and globally as well.

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 03:31 PM

“A failed scheme doesn’t make you innocent,” Schiff say

You may want to review all of Schiff facebook entries

Trump may be able us them against Schiff

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 03:35 PM

“A failed scheme doesn’t make you innocent,” Schiff says.

Did Schiff have a part in the Russian scheme?

The Mueller failure?

The whistleblower scheme?

The inadequate house papers?

He had 17 witnesses claiming he had overwhelming evidence

BUT HE STILL NEEDS MORE WITNESSES even one that he strongly dislikes

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 03:45 PM

“A failed scheme doesn’t make you innocent,” Schiff says.

Did Schiff have a part in the Russian scheme?

The Mueller failure?

The whistleblower scheme?

The inadequate house papers?

He had 17 witnesses claiming he had overwhelming evidence

BUT HE STILL NEEDS MORE WITNESSES even one that he strongly dislikes
You what this shows? It shows how much of a cult the Republican senators are that no level of evidence will allow them to see the truth.

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 03:47 PM

“A failed scheme doesn’t make you innocent,” Schiff say

You may want to review all of Schiff facebook entries

Trump may be able us them against Schiff

LOL. OMG. That is the least of my worries. Trump has no idea how to use anything. At least as long as Trump is a reasonable president. Now if he is a dictator after his acquittal then nothing matters any more.

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 03:50 PM

LOL. OMG. That is the least of my worries

You do not follow your Hero - Schiff on Facebook?

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 03:57 PM

No. I do not. I primarily use Facebook for family and friends. I learn all I need to know about Shiff and Trump on Twitter and other political websites.

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 03:59 PM

No. I do not. I primarily use Facebook for family and friends. I learn all I need to know about Shiff and Trump on Twitter and other political websites.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/digging...ck-john-bolton/

Digging their own graves’: Conservative warns GOP will get slaughtered in 2020 if they block John Bolton

Conservative Washington Examiner columnist Quin Hillyer has issued a dire warning for Republicans: Call witnesses at President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial or risk getting slaughtered in the 2020 election.

“Senate Republicans are digging their own graves,” he writes at the start of his latest column. “If Republicans do not allow at least a few witnesses into the Senate impeachment trial, they will pay a heavy political price if evidence emerges later proving deep corruption by President Trump.”

He then makes the case that it is highly likely that such damning information will surface in the near future, which will leave vulnerable Republicans on the hook for enacting a coverup.

“When other witnesses turn over new evidence while looking for immunity in the investigation of Trump by the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, the Republican senators will be blamed,” he says. “They will be seen as having engaged in a cover-up. They will be seen as having undermined justice.”

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 08:08 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/senate-...chable-offense/

Senate stunned as Schiff reveals DOJ just argued in court that defying subpoenas is an impeachable offense

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 09:28 PM

Schiff

Why did you change your signature line?

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 09:36 PM

Schiff

Why did you change your signature line?

ROTFLMAO, I'm asking you, what difference does his signature line make?
Find it amazing that you were relegated to the Ontario County thread but after many insults were levied toward you, you down down here with the same nonsense which is reminiscent of a fly on a hot summer day.

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 09:42 PM

the

Schiff ain't 67 votes

Re: Schiff - 01/30/20 10:00 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/senate-...chable-offense/

Senate stunned as Schiff reveals DOJ just argued in court that defying subpoenas is an impeachable offense

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...tes/4615548002/

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 03:16 AM

Schiff

Schiff now wants ANOTHER week

You and Pelosi held the papers for 33 days

How did that Mueller work out for ya?

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 03:19 AM

Schiff

Schiff has had 17 witnesses in the house

The other side had none

Give them 17 before you get one more

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 03:31 AM

Schiff

The other side had none

I'd like to hear what the 18th witnesses has to say... smile

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 03:34 AM

They should put Schiff under oath

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 09:25 AM

Schiff

The other side had none

LOL. The other side! My God. Don't you know that most of those 17 witnesses were government employees who worked for Trump? Wow. As did the whistle blower.

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 09:39 AM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/donald-trump-circles-the-drain/24822/

During the Clinton impeachment, neither documents nor witnesses were blocked. They laid everything out on the table. With Trump, a strikingly different picture emerges: 12 blocked key witnesses, 9 blocked subpoenaed witnesses, 100% of subpoenaed documents blocked, zero documents produced (Clinton produced more than 90,000 pages), and three witnesses testified in the Clinton impeachment trial while Trump and company continue to fight any witnesses.

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 09:43 AM

So Republicans support an "inappropriate" president. Wait until you see how he acts after he is acquitted! He will be impeached forever. Thank God Pelosi did that at least as our 240 year old democracy ends not with a bang but with a whimper.

Washington Post: Sen. Alexander calls Trump’s actions ‘inappropriate’ but rejects witnesses

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 10:06 AM

They should put Schiff under oath

Lets put both Schiff and Trump under oath and see who is the more believable. Trump was invited to testify in the House hearings but declined to come or even send his lawyers.

Clinton testified under oath. Trump is way too big of a coward to do that.

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 10:12 AM

Susan Hennessey (Lawfare Executive Editor, Brookings Senior Fellow, CNN National Security and Legal Analyst, Former IC attorney.) says:

This is just shocking. Senator Alexander openly saying Trump did it. That the House proved its case. He just doesn't care.

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 07:51 PM

Why does Schiff wear the same coat and tie?

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 09:14 PM

He left his clothes at the Standard Hotel in LA. confused confused

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 09:42 PM

Schiff is on TV right now really making Trump's lawyers look bad!

Re: Schiff - 01/31/20 09:46 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/john-bo...ican-interests/

John Bolton: ‘Mr. Trump also repeatedly made national security decisions contrary to American interests’

“Mr. Bolton expressed concern to others in the administration that the president was effectively granting favors to autocratic leaders like Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey and Xi Jinping of China.”

Re: Schiff - 02/01/20 10:05 AM

Wajahat "Shaped by the American Coastland" Ali

Trump won by only 77K votes across 3 states. Nothing. A whisker. People thought it would be impossible to take the House in 2018 due to all the cheating. You got a wave. 40 seats picked up. Republican Party has shrunk. The majority is against Trumpism. Don't lose hope.

Re: Schiff - 02/01/20 04:12 PM

Adam Schiff:

The decisions made today will reverberate throughout history.

No matter the vote on witnesses, the facts will come out in the end.

We will be asked: Why didn't we consider the evidence when we had the chance?

What answer shall we give, if we decide not to pursue the truth?

Re: Schiff - 02/01/20 04:20 PM

Adam Schiff:

The decisions made today will reverberate throughout history.

No matter the vote on witnesses, the facts will come out in the end.

We will be asked: Why didn't we consider the evidence when we had the chance?

What answer shall we give, if we decide not to pursue the truth?

laugh laugh laugh Schiff, wouldn't know the truth if it slapped him in the face. laugh laugh laugh laugh

Re: Schiff - 02/01/20 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
laugh laugh laugh Schiff, wouldn't know the truth if it slapped him in the face. laugh laugh laugh laugh
You can tell when Trump is not telling the truth because his lips are moving with his 15,000 lies.

Re: Schiff - 02/01/20 04:24 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/mitch-m...face-columnist/

Mitch McConnell’s decision to orchestrate Trump’s impeachment defense will blow up in his face: columnist

Re: Schiff - 02/01/20 04:26 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/republi...te-in-november/

Republicans fear backlash when voters decide Trump’s fate in November

Re: Schiff - 02/01/20 07:14 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/cbs-new...g-american-pie/

CBS News anchor blows mall shoppers’ minds by showing real US wealth gap — using American pie

Re: Schiff - 02/02/20 10:34 PM

Fred Harding

Dear @RepAdamSchiff

There will always be a place in the hearts of patriots for a man who faced great obstacles, a nearly undefeatable enemy, yet stayed true to his convictions and mustered a strong fight.

You demonstrate the best of America, and we are all grateful.

Re: Schiff - 02/02/20 10:46 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/move-fo...-acquits-trump/

Move for a mistrial’: Legal analyst says Adam Schiff must end Senate trial before GOP acquits Trump

Re: Schiff - 02/03/20 10:30 PM

Petra McCarron (Widow/Mom/RN)

So, this will probably anger many, but I'd vote for Adam Schiff to be the next President in a nano second!!

Re: Schiff - 02/03/20 10:48 PM

BREAKING: “You can’t trust this president to do the right thing. Not for one minute. Not for one election. Not for the sake of our country. You just can’t. He will not change, and you know it.” Chairman Schiff #TrumpsGuilty

Re: Schiff - 02/04/20 08:46 AM

Seth Abramson (law professor)

On Monday, Rep. Schiff gave what may be the greatest speech ever given on the Senate floor. I hope you will watch it, retweet it, contemplate it. At the SOTU, a lifelong liar will hold America's attention; I hope you will let these words hold yours, first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUm6OD_93g8

Re: Schiff - 02/04/20 09:07 AM

Robin @RobinsNest333

I nominate Adam Schiff as Man of the Year #TimeMagazine

God bless you @AdamSchiff for all you have done for our Nation. You truly love our country and your devotion has no bounds.
Posted by: gassy one

Re: Schiff - 02/06/20 01:54 AM

OMG Kyle! Schiff & Pelosi are the two biggest losers of the year! They just cinched a easy re-election for Trump!

Re: Schiff - 02/06/20 01:58 AM

Lets go one better, America ultimately is the big lose. Take a few moments to explain to voters that it is OK to have a corrupt government.

Re: Schiff - 02/06/20 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: gassy one
OMG Kyle! Schiff & Pelosi are the two biggest losers of the year! They just cinched a easy re-election for Trump!

How many time have you voted Independent, Democratic or Republican in the last 20 years.? A simple response is sufficient or that is the very reason you'll say nothing.

Re: Schiff - 02/06/20 02:00 AM

Lets go one better, America ultimately is the big lose. Take a few moments to explain to voters that it is OK to have a corrupt government.
All government is corrupt! It's all about the money! You don't think NY is corrupt with Cuomo?

Re: Schiff - 02/06/20 02:05 AM

Thanks for answering honestly, so you're saying that a corrupted Republican is a better solution to our nation? A racist president who has the ability to divide adverse to bringing us together?

Re: Schiff - 02/06/20 02:08 AM

Give me the reason you bring Coumo into a national issue? beside who told you that I would support any person that has managed to run half of it's resident from the state due high taxes and cost of living?

Re: Schiff - 02/06/20 02:12 AM

All government is corrupt! It's all about the money! You don't think NY is corrupt with Cuomo?

It's so simple to go to a voting place and pencil in a few circles, even school children are capable of the task but to ask oneself who would be more beneficial and viable to the country irrespective of party affiliation, now that take some intelligence, wisdom, honesty and morality.Taking those attributes into consideration, tell us how our current administration fits into that narrative?

Re: Schiff - 02/06/20 02:23 AM

Our nation is in big trouble when thought provoking questions are met with name calling, bullying, childish antics and petulance, something I use to think was required to leave behind in our teen years.

Re: Schiff - 02/06/20 02:38 AM

A simple and adolescent statement for answering as to why you support a simple and adolescent man. Maybe there are reasons the old saying that you don't send a boy to do man's work. Funny how you are so quick to make a basic statement but after 30 minutes, no ability to put together a reasonable and intelligent rebuttal. Now we see why the Republican party who use to be the party of Conservative common sense and responsibility has morphed into the very man that hijacked it from those fine qualities.

https://www.fcis.org/uploaded/Data_Reports/Teaching_-_Learning_in_the_Age_of_Trump.pdf

https://www.macleans.ca/society/the-collapse-of-parenting-why-its-time-for-parents-to-grow-up/

Re: Schiff - 02/06/20 05:10 PM

Adam Schiff

Quote:
Legal scholar Jonathan Turley calls on Pelosi to resign

Re: Schiff - 02/06/20 06:10 PM

Adam Schiff

Quote:

mmm I called on that in the Pelosi thread. You are a little mixed up. This is Shiff's thread. LOL Are you on Trumps adderall?

Re: Schiff - 02/07/20 01:38 AM

He left his clothes at the Standard Hotel in LA. confused confused

####BEAR?

Re: Schiff - 02/07/20 01:42 AM

Adam Schiff

Quote:

You are a little mixed up.

Did you see turley being questioned by schiff?

Re: Schiff - 02/13/20 10:31 PM

Adam Schiff

Trump abused his power to coerce Ukraine into announcing investigations for his personal benefit by freezing military aid.

Now, he's using his powers to coerce states to stop investigations into him and his businesses.

Different corrupt purpose, same corrupt President.

Re: Schiff - 02/14/20 07:56 PM

Adam Schiff:

Barr admits he intervened in the sentencing of a man who lied to Congress to cover up for the President.

He’s only upset that Trump’s tweets made the political nature of his intervention obvious.

Barr fools no one. He’s a witting accomplice to Trump’s attack on the rule of law.

Re: Schiff - 02/14/20 09:14 PM

Adam Schiff:

Trump is attacking the independence of our justice system.

He's attacking anyone independent enough to disagree with him.

The fact that his latest abuses are taking place out in the open makes them all the more insidious.

This is a wholesale assault on the rule of law.

Re: Schiff - 02/15/20 12:17 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/columni...-should-do-now/

Columnist explains why Barr’s defense of his corruption is actually so ‘damning’ — and what Democrats should do now

Rep. Adam Schiff, the California Democrat who chairs the House Intelligence Committee, isn’t the least bit impressed with the attorney general’s response to the scandal; Schiff, on Friday, tweeted that Barr is “only upset that Trump’s tweets made the political nature of his intervention obvious. Barr fools no one. He’s a witting accomplice to Trump’s attack on the rule of law.”

Barr’s interview with ABC News, Sargent explains, “raises many new questions.” And to answer them, he argues, congressional Democrats need to “hear from the prosecutors themselves” — the people who withdrew and resigned after Barr’s intervention.

“Ideally, they can tell their side of the story leading up to this fiasco, recount why they thought the stiffer sentence was appropriate and describe the degree to which Barr’s actions have politicized the internal climate,” he wrote.

Re: Schiff - 02/16/20 06:34 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/conserv...-it-like-it-is/

Conservative drops mic on complicit press trying to maintain access to Trump: ‘He’s a raving lunatic … tell it like it is’

“We’ve talked about this in terms of putting his statements in headlines which are which are patently false and no longer playing the stenography game and this is what the president said and this is what Adam Schiff said and this implicit belief that the public will just figure it out by themselves,” she added, before exclaiming, “Tell it like it is.”

Re: Schiff - 02/16/20 09:12 PM

Adam Schiff:

This is a wholesale assault on the rule of law.

When will Schiff bring charges against those that paid for the false dossier?

Re: Schiff - 02/16/20 09:36 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steele_dossier

The Steele dossier,[1] also known as the Trump–Russia dossier, is a private intelligence report written from June to December 2016 containing allegations of misconduct, conspiracy, and co-operation between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Government of Russia during the 2016 election. It has been described as "one of the most explosive documents in modern political history".[2]

Some allegations have been corroborated, while others remain unverified

None of it has been proved false.

Re: Schiff - 02/18/20 12:41 AM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/former-...gnificant-blow/

Former Mueller chief of staff says the DOJ was just ‘dealt a significant blow’

Re: Schiff - 02/23/20 05:08 PM

Adam Schiff @AdamSchiff

In the two weeks since the GOP Senate refused to hold Trump accountable, he has:

—Intervened in the sentencing of his accomplice
—Called for prosecution of his “enemies”
—Punished those who spoke out
—Fired the DNI for briefing Congress

Are they proud of their vote now?

Re: Schiff - 02/23/20 06:46 PM

Adam Schiff @RepAdamSchiff

While there’s no silver bullet to solve the homelessness crisis, I‘ve introduced a bill to help increase the supply of affordable housing.

Everyone deserves a safe and dignified space to call home. Let's work to make that vision a reality.

Re: Schiff - 02/23/20 10:54 PM

[size:14pt]Adam Schiff @RepAdamSchiff

While there’s no silver bullet to solve the homelessness crisis,

How many decades has he been in politics and the homeless population in his area has only gotten worse?

All talk...

Re: Schiff - 02/24/20 12:05 AM

How many decades has he been in politics and the homeless population in his area has only gotten worse?

All talk...
The homeless population is worse all over. A lot are homeless vets that Trumps refuses to take care of. Shameful.

Re: Schiff - 02/24/20 10:53 AM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/adam-schiff-threat-donald-trump-stunning/25537/

Donald Trump just made a stunning threat against Adam Schiff

Re: Schiff - 02/26/20 02:51 AM

All talk...
The homeless population is worse all over.

It is much worse near Schiff

Re: Schiff - 02/26/20 07:56 AM

All talk...

Why don't you just post data about it rather than just making a charge? I am very skeptical of anything you say. Trump makes charges all day long that he can't back up and you do the same.

Re: Schiff - 03/04/20 02:30 AM

All talk...

Why don't you just post data about it rather than just making a charge?

Check schiffs web pages

Re: Schiff - 03/04/20 02:39 AM

Thought Schiff said Bolton had more information?

bolton just wants to sell his book

Re: Schiff - 03/04/20 07:33 AM

Thought Schiff said Bolton had more information?

bolton just wants to sell his book
Bolton has hinted he has more information. But he refused to testify and Trump wouldn't let him. Sad but Bolton just wants to sell his book. He is a disgrace. Bolton has turned out to be just another sad former member of the most corrupt presidency in history. The Trump administration is slowly destroying our democracy one slow step at a time. That is how dictators are created.

Re: Schiff - 03/04/20 11:54 PM

Brown Eyed Susan:

It's time for your daily reminder that BILL BARR has yet to turn over the COURT ORDERED section of the Mueller report that involves JARED KUSHNER. This AG WILL NOT STOP committing and covering up crimes on the president and his family's behalf. BARR MUST GO!
Posted by: Rich_Tallcot

Re: Schiff - 03/05/20 12:56 AM

They sat on the articles to get Bernie back in DC for the trial and prevent him from campaigning in Iowa just before the caucus.

Re: Schiff - 03/05/20 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Rich_Tallcot
They sat on the articles to get Bernie back in DC for the trial and prevent him from campaigning in Iowa just before the caucus.
So what is Bernie's excuse on all the other states in Super Tuesday?

Re: Schiff - 03/05/20 01:09 AM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/bye-bye-bernie-sanders/25826/

Bye bye Bernie Sanders

Robert Harrington | 12:01 pm EST March 4, 2020
Palmer Report » Analysis

The people haven’t yet spoken but they are speaking. It certainly looks (to me, anyway) as if Joe Biden will be the Democratic candidate for president of the United States, even if there has to be a brokered convention.

Joe is very much my second choice in a long list of second choices. I wanted Elizabeth Warren, but, well, c’est la guerre. If it is to be Biden, I am 100% behind him, without hesitation, without equivocation, without regret. That’s what adults do. Adults don’t pick up their toys and run away crying because they didn’t get their way. Adults don’t try to punish the world because they think the world is out to get them. With the Titanic sinking, adults don’t quibble about the color of the lifeboat.

I admit, Joe isn’t as progressive as I would like him to be, but neither would be the reanimated corpse of Richard Nixon, and I would vote for Nixon before I would ever vote for Donald Trump. I would vote for Nixon before I would allow Donald Trump to win a second term because I didn’t vote at all. I would vote for my neighbour’s Jack Russell if he were the Democratic candidate, and he’s not even an American citizen, he’s a British dog. And he would make one hell of a president, considering the alternative.

But, some of you say, they’re all just as bad as Trump, you say. Bernie is different, you say. If Bernie doesn’t win then what difference does it make, you say. Permit me to explain.

First of all, how many children and women has Joe Biden raped? None, as far as I know. How many family businesses has Joe Biden destroyed because of a corporate policy to never pay a contractor in full for honest labor performed no matter what? Zero, is my guess. How many gold star families has Joe Biden ridiculed, disabled reporters mocked, children caged, tens of thousands of lies told? How many people has Joe Biden unjustly excoriated by name via tweet, putting their lives in danger? How routinely does Joe Biden take credit for other people’s work? How many times has Joe Biden betrayed his country to foreign interests?

Let me ask you something else. If Donald Trump had gone to Jeffrey Epstein’s New York penthouse and raped your daughter, how would you feel now about his political opponent? Would it really bug you if Donald Trump’s opponent wasn’t progressive enough? Would you really care that there’s a good chance his opponent wasn’t planning on forgiving student loans?

While you’re thinking that one over, here’s another one for you. Imagine your family ran a small cabinet business in Atlantic City and it was contracted by the Trump organization to make cabinets for Trump’s casino. Now imagine after the work was finished and approved to everyone’s satisfaction, Trump refused to make the final payment, effectively rendering the installation a zero profit job. Imagine your family complained about it and, in retaliation, Trump made it so that the family business could never get work in Atlantic City again, and had to file bankruptcy. Would you be all broken up because you suspected Trump’s opponent might be a “corporate Democrat?”

Permit me to answer for you. Of course you wouldn’t care. You’d want the bastard gone. I submit, therefore, that your problem isn’t one of politics. I submit it’s one of empathy. In other words, you’re okay that Donald Trump is a child-raping, thieving, traitorous, lying monster as long as he’s never done to you or your family any of the (literally) thousands of horrible things he’s done to other people. You’re just fine with that, right?

I hope I’m wrong about you. I hope you do care that Donald Trump isn’t just the worst president in history, he’s worse than the worst human being you have ever met. He’s so evil that you have never met his equal, because men as evil as he is are as rare as men over seven feet tall. Because if you don’t understand how different he is from the others, I’m not sure I see any difference between you and a Trump supporter.

Re: Schiff - 03/05/20 01:13 AM

Palmer Report >>> I'm not a Bernie Sanders fan at all, but the unlikely event that Bernie is the nominee, I will stand in line all day in the rain just to vote for him over Trump.

Re: Schiff - 03/05/20 01:13 AM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/jo...-sanders/25838/

Joe Biden’s “Joementum” has arrived and it’s over for Bernie Sanders

Re: Schiff - 03/05/20 01:24 AM

Jim Acosta:

Biden winning Mass. looked like the most mind blowing result of Super Tuesday. Then Texas results came in. To go from Iowa NH losses to last night’s wins Biden pulled off perhaps biggest primary season comeback in decades with no Obama backing and Trump trying to destroy him.

Re: Schiff - 03/05/20 01:27 AM

S.E. Cupp (news commentator)

Biden campaign was broke. He barely campaigned in some of the states he won tonight. Voters turned out for him despite this. When Sanders people tell you the primary is rigged against him, ask them how, exactly?

Re: Schiff - 03/05/20 01:30 AM

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2020/03...w-quest-vpx.cnn

Scaramucci says he would campaign for Biden if asked

Former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci says he would campaign for former Vice President Joe Biden if asked to do so.

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 10:14 AM

Did you not want sanders?

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 10:26 AM

Did you not want sanders?
Biden is 1,000 times better than Trump. Sanders is only 100 times better than Trump.

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 10:35 AM

Biden is 1,000 times better than Trump.

Why has Obama not endorsed him?

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 10:58 AM

Why has Obama not endorsed him?
How the hell would I know? You ask the most pathetic questions.

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 11:03 AM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/tomorrow-horrible-day-donald-trump-look/26576/

Looks like Donald Trump is going to have a pretty horrible day tomorrow

Bill Palmer | 12:52 am EDT March 19, 2020

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 11:03 AM

https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/primaries-and-caucuses

From the looks of things, do Biden really need the endorsement of his fellow friend? Intelligent people understand the concept of when to bail someone out. As of today, the Liberals can't be demonized as Socialists because the Republicans are BAILING everyone and thing out.

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 12:28 PM

https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2020/03/16/school-closures-coronavirus

Millions of school children being impacted by the Corona Virus yet we hear not a peep from our Billionaire appointed by Trump Department of Education Director.

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 12:56 PM

https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2020/03/16/school-closures-coronavirus

Millions of school children being impacted by the Corona Virus yet we hear not a peep from our Billionaire appointed by Trump Department of Education Director.
That is a great point.

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 03:26 PM

Michael Grossman

Adam Schiff said time is of the essence today. In Jan he said House Intel was investigating how and when the Pres knew about the virus,; and whether he was tampering with the facts. Good to know our House Intel Cmte is investigating the facts.

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben444[size:14pt

Biden wants open borders

The virus would be much worse
Posted by: Timbo

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 05:38 PM

Biden wants open borders

A Red Herring argument if there ever was one.

Open borders don't pre-suppose a zero-sum game or preclude reasonable actions in the face of (for instance) a pandemic.

Nice try, though.
crazy

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 05:50 PM

Quote:
Newsweek - To limit the spread of the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19, at least 27 countries on every inhabitable continent have closed their borders to certain foreign nationals

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 06:02 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/msnbcs-...id-19-briefing/

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough stunned at how overwhelmed and tired Trump appeared to be at latest COVID-19 briefing

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 06:05 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/nyt-rep...rence-meltdown/

NYT reporter alarmed at Trump’s ‘really disturbing’ coronavirus press conference meltdown

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Timbo

Biden wants open borders

A Red Herring argument if there ever was one.

Open borders don't pre-suppose a zero-sum game or preclude reasonable actions in the face of (for instance) a pandemic.

Nice try, though.
crazy

Absolutely Timbo, any action, even with good intention is actually an effort in futility at time. How do you prevent that which you have no full understanding of? Remember the AIDS virus 35 years ago? We're still clueless as to who contracts it while other are totally healthy. In all honesty, we can only theorize where it originated.

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 09:10 PM

And when was Biden a VP?

Quote:
On November 12, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 22 million Americans had been infected with 2009 A H1N1 and 4,000 Americans have died. ... On January 15, 2010, the CDC released new estimate figures for swine flu, saying it has sickened about 55 million Americans and killed about 11,160 from April through mid-December.

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 09:21 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/it-coul...y-any-from-china/

It could take 18 months to get coronavirus respirators — because Trump won’t buy any from China

Re: Schiff - 03/19/20 09:40 PM

And when was Biden a VP?

Quote:
On November 12, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 22 million Americans had been infected with 2009 A H1N1 and 4,000 Americans have died. ... On January 15, 2010, the CDC released new estimate figures for swine flu, saying it has sickened about 55 million Americans and killed about 11,160 from April through mid-December.

So, let's get this straight, you choose to downplay any virus today because we didn't panic 10 years ago. Maybe just maybe, you're showing not only ignorance but displaying a huge amount insensitivity and only speak out now because of the collateral damage being done to Trump. BTW, a few years back, you're the same individual who saw no problem with 100 million people lacking health insurance and kicked back on any quest to insure those individuals.

Re: Schiff - 03/20/20 02:24 PM

So, let's get this straight, you choose to downplay any virus today because we didn't panic 10 years ago. Maybe just maybe, you're showing not only ignorance but displaying a huge amount insensitivity and only speak out now because of the collateral damage being done to Trump. BTW, a few years back, you're the same individual who saw no problem with 100 million people lacking health insurance and kicked back on any quest to insure those individuals.

Incorrect

Re: Schiff - 03/20/20 05:00 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/yes-donald-trump-and-his-supporters-are-to-blame/

Yes, Donald Trump and his supporters are to blame

Re: Schiff - 03/21/20 12:57 AM

Re: Schiff - 03/21/20 01:39 AM

Incorrect

ROTFLMAO

A man of few words, I need not rebut because I know for a fact that I'm CORRECT

Re: Schiff - 03/21/20 04:29 PM

Incorrect

ROTFLMAO

A man of few words, I need not rebut because I know for a fact that I'm CORRECT

Incorrect

Re: Schiff - 03/21/20 05:56 PM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/adam-schiff-slam-dunks-donald-trump/26688/

Adam Schiff slam dunks Donald Trump

Bill Palmer | 12:01 pm EDT March 21, 2020

Re: Schiff - 03/22/20 12:20 AM

Adam Schiff

If Schiff did not waste the last 3 years
going after trump maybe trump could have spent more time focusing on the virus when it first came about

Re: Schiff - 03/22/20 12:36 AM

ROTFLMAO

If Trump was born with intelligence, he would have spared America the exacerbated horrid that it is going thru. Remember son, his predecessors had equal & matching tasks to deal with
GW Bush 9/11 & Katrina in Louisiana
Obama Recession and Ebola virus

Big difference? Both predecessors had the intelligence, presence of mind to put their citizen's welfare before their own. Secondly neither had the audacity to show their racism, narcissism and bloated egos thus seeking the assistance of real experts...note Dr. Ben Carson.. HUD Director ROTFLMAO and Trump himself and his "Gut instinct"

Re: Schiff - 03/22/20 12:50 AM

Remember son,

Better take your temperature...

Re: Schiff - 03/22/20 01:03 AM

ROTFLMAO

If Trump was born with intelligence, he would have spared America the exacerbated horrid that it is going thru. Remember son, his predecessors had equal & matching tasks to deal with
GW Bush 9/11 & Katrina in Louisiana
Obama Recession and Ebola virus

Big difference? Both predecessors had the intelligence, presence of mind to put their citizen's welfare before their own. Secondly neither had the audacity to show their racism, narcissism and bloated egos thus seeking the assistance of real experts...note Dr. Ben Carson.. HUD Director ROTFLMAO and Trump himself and his "Gut instinct"

Trump supporters are let's say...unique. grin
Now we can make the parallel between his total failures and their glee for total destruction.

Re: Schiff - 03/22/20 01:14 AM

Are you replying to yourself again?

Re: Schiff - 03/22/20 01:16 AM

YES, I get at least an intelligent response.

Re: Schiff - 03/24/20 07:47 AM

Adam Schiff:

The same guy who said “I alone can fix it,”

And then said “I take no responsibility,”

Now wants to be in charge of a $500 billion slush fund with the power to reward friends and punish enemies, and says, “I will be the oversight.”

My answer: “No you won’t.”

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 10:37 PM

Quote:
DOJ's FISA report contradicts claims by Dems, media figures that surveillance rules were strictly observed

Odd that Schiff was not aware of the fisa abuses used by Schiff for his own baseless investigation

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 10:49 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/49059...ssion-to-review

Schiff drafting legislation to set up 9/11-style commission to review coronavirus response

BY J. EDWARD MORENO - 04/01/20 12:26 PM EDT

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 10:59 PM

Schiff drafting legislation

Is that how he plans to help with the virus?

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 11:04 PM

Schiff drafting legislation

Is that how he plans to help with the virus?
I just heard Trump on TV spend an hour talking about the war on drugs before he got to the virus! Totally pathetic!

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 11:06 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/49059...ssion-to-review

Schiff drafting legislation to set up 9/11-style commission to review coronavirus response

BY J. EDWARD MORENO - 04/01/20 12:26 PM EDT
Good. Trumps response was pathetic costing a lot of life's.

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 11:08 PM

So we went from 15 Days to Slow the Spread to 30 Days to Slow the Spread?

But still no national #StayAtHome order, no use of the Defense Production Act for the good of all, no concerted effort to get supplies where they need to be?

Why is it always bits and pieces?

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 11:09 PM

I just heard Trump on TV spend an hour talking about the war on drugs

An hour?

Incorrect...

Do you think the virus has stopped the drug movement?

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 11:09 PM

Did we ever get the million test kits Trump and Pence promised weeks ago?

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 11:10 PM

This briefing by Trump, is NOT about the Pandemic.
Trump is going through his BS rally routine.
Telling people what they want to hear.
About things he has no intention of doing.
Any 8 year old, can see this by now.
HOW can his sycophant cult not??

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 11:11 PM

Only in America could 200,000 dead be less of a catastrophe than 30,000 emails

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 11:11 PM

MY BABY DAUGHTER is heading in for her night shift RIGHT NOW and she is terrified every day and night working in ICU with COVID-19 patients. How dare this treasonous madman in stolen power! GAWD I HATE HIM!

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 11:12 PM

How many deaths could’ve been avoided if:

-Trump hadn’t delayed for 2 months?

-He pushed lockdowns in red states like FL & TX?

-Defense Production Act were fully utilized?

-Testing issues were resolved earlier?

-DOD were fully engaged?

We need to keep asking these questions

Re: Schiff - 04/01/20 11:13 PM

People are dying because of a deadly pandemic and Trump has Esper briefing the press about drug smuggling for obscure reasons

Re: Schiff - 04/02/20 04:47 PM

People are dying because of a deadly pandemic

Wash your hands

Do not touch your face

Social distance

Think positive

Re: Schiff - 04/02/20 04:54 PM

ROTFLMAO

If you think that all the nonsense you've offered is positive, we wouldn't have this degree of an pandemic seeing that we NEGATIVELY spent an entire 6 weeks picking on China and making folly of them and Democrats. 6 weeks wasted on GOP nonsensical folly..want to dispute it? I have dates and video to support my premise.

Re: Schiff - 04/02/20 05:06 PM

Tell us son

Who pays for the treatment for those thousands of patients scrabbling to get well?
Who will pay the unemployment claims to 10 million receiptant
Who will ultimately pay for the 2 Trillion dollars we will dole out
With 10 million and rising quickly not paying income taxes, where will the government get the monies to sustain these payouts.
HHHMMMM I've heard of the Million dollar question but this new one...A several Trillion dollar lie.

Re: Schiff - 04/02/20 06:47 PM

Quote:
Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s administration has requested an emergency supply of the drugs President Trump touted as having success treating patients with severe symptoms of the novel coronavirus, in a reversal from the state's directive to medical professionals last week to avoid the medication for this purpose.

Is there hope in sight?

Re: Schiff - 04/02/20 07:07 PM

Tell us son

Who pays for the treatment for those thousands of patients scrabbling to get well?
Who will pay the unemployment claims to 10 million receiptant
Who will ultimately pay for the 2 Trillion dollars we will dole out
With 10 million and rising quickly not paying income taxes, where will the government get the monies to sustain these payouts.
HHHMMMM I've heard of the Million dollar question but this new one...A several Trillion dollar lie.

Remember my questions, sure you did but what can be expected of a dullard who wishes to debate while people die..surely a huge detachment & disassociation from reality if I've ever seen it.

Re: Schiff - 04/02/20 07:18 PM

Quote:
Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s administration has requested an emergency supply of the drugs President Trump touted as having success treating patients with severe symptoms of the novel coronavirus, in a reversal from the state's directive to medical professionals last week to avoid the medication for this purpose.

Is there hope in sight?

In my life time, my Niece has run across ignorant racists who rather die than be treated by her, being that she must follow the Hippocratic oath, she ignores them while given whole hearten support from her staff. Only ignoramus like yourself debate who gets care while screaming their personal agenda. I guess this why she makes a good governor while Trump signify a poor President.

Re: Schiff - 04/02/20 08:09 PM

Quote:
FDA authorizes first antibody-based test for COVID-19

Re: Schiff - 04/02/20 08:15 PM

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/2/212044...nostic-covid-19

Before getting ahead of yourself and lie once again, this isn't to be a treatment as you've intended to imply

Re: Schiff - 04/02/20 10:40 PM

Before

Anti-bodies have not been used in the past?

Re: Schiff - 04/02/20 10:42 PM

my Niece

Who even mentioned that?

Re: Schiff - 04/02/20 11:02 PM

Engage brain before opening mouth

https://www.nuventra.com/resources/blog/monoclonal-antibodies-past-present-and-future/

Re: Schiff - 04/03/20 07:48 PM

my Niece

Who even mentioned that?

Re: Schiff - 04/03/20 08:05 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/open-en...vid-19-blunder/

‘Open-ended outbreak’: Health experts sound the alarm on Trump’s biggest COVID-19 blunder

Health experts are warning that President Donald Trump’s decision to put the onus on individual states to contain the COVID-19 pandemic will cost thousands of lives and result in “an open-ended outbreak rolling across the country.”

In interviews with NBC News, a dozen different experts said that America needed a national strategy for fighting the virus and that the federal government’s efforts so far were not close to cutting it.

“This is a national problem — it needs a national response,” William Haseltine, a biologist famed for his work on HIV and AIDS, tells NBC News.

Re: Schiff - 04/03/20 08:18 PM

GOP position is now moving toward letting the elderly, homeless, prison populations, those without access to health insurance, & the immune-compromised die, so the drain on the system will end & the economy stays afloat.

How incredibly pro-life of them.

Re: Schiff - 04/03/20 08:22 PM

BREAKING: The real story is finally coming out about why there's no coronavirus testing in the US. The Trump administration tried to give a huge sweetheart deal to a health insurance company connected to his son-in-law Jared Kushner.

Re: Schiff - 04/03/20 08:24 PM

"Why is Jared Kushner in charge of anything?": Trump’s son-in-law sparks outcry, confusion after coronavirus briefing debut https://wapo.st/2R8xSfH

Re: Schiff - 05/07/20 01:37 AM

Quote:
House Republicans accuse Schiff of blocking Russia probe transcripts

Re: Schiff - 05/07/20 09:22 AM

Tweet by Adam Schiff May 5:

The virus didn’t magically go away as Trump promised, so he:

Blames Democrats, governors, and the press.

Blames his own Intelligence Community and even Dr. Fauci.

And he tells us he will accept no responsibility as tens of thousands die.

Trump is the President of victimhood.

Re: Schiff - 05/07/20 06:45 PM

Tweet by Adam Schiff

Quote:
Justice Dept dropping Michael Flynn's criminal case

Schiff knew all along the Russia case had no merit

Re: Schiff - 05/07/20 08:21 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/trump-n...r-cdc-official/

Trump needs to quarantine – he could have coronavirus despite initial negative test: former CDC official

Re: Schiff - 05/07/20 08:51 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/new-cov...en-economy-cnn/

New COVID-19 case inside the White House proves absurdity of Trump’s push to reopen economy: CNN

Re: Schiff - 05/07/20 09:26 PM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/lo...onavirus/28388/

Looks like Donald Trump has just been directly exposed to coronavirus

Meanwhile, Donald Trump appears to be hitting the panic button over this, or whatever deranged version of the panic button exists in his failing mind. NBC says he’s “lava level mad” at his staff for letting this happen, which is surreal, considering he’s the one who hasn’t allowed the White House to operate in a safe manner. We’ll see who ends up getting scapegoated over this, but it’s Trump’s own fault.

Re: Schiff - 05/07/20 10:39 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/read-it-adam-schiff-releases-all-declassified-tran

READ IT: Adam Schiff releases all declassified transcripts related to investigation into Trump’s Russia scandalscripts-related-to-investigation-into-trumps-russia-scandal/

Re: Schiff - 05/08/20 05:42 AM

Quote:
House Republicans accuse Schiff of blocking Russia probe transcripts

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) has wanted to release all of the information heard in a classified setting about President Donald Trump’s involvement in the Russia scandal, but the director of national intelligence had been dragging their feet on declassifying it.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) went on Fox News Thursday, to blame Schiff for the slow release. Schiff, along with the staff, have been off of Capitol Hill due to the Washington, D.C. stay-at-home order due to the coronavirus. Schiff advocated for the release of the transcripts, but that wasn’t enough for Nunes, who whined about it taking too long.

In a statement released Thursday, Schiff released everything that had been declassified by the DNI about the investigation into President Donald Trump’s collusion with Russia.

Re: Schiff - 05/11/20 11:09 PM

Thought Schiff had overwhelming evidence about russia?

Hillary lost because she thought the election would be handed to her on a silver platter.

Where is the missing 302?

Re: Schiff - 05/11/20 11:25 PM

The House impeached Trump with plenty of evidence that he should of been removed from office. But the corrupt Senate got the crook off.

Re: Schiff - 05/11/20 11:33 PM

The House impeached Trump with plenty of evidence

Was it about russia?

Re: Schiff - 05/11/20 11:47 PM

The House impeached Trump with plenty of evidence

Was it about russia?
There were 13 felonies in there committed by Trump. I don't really care who and what it was about.

Putin is a thug and dictator. Trump says he is a great leader. This is beyond disgusting.

Re: Schiff - 05/12/20 09:50 AM

https://adamschiff.com/

Since first being elected in 2000, Congressman Adam Schiff has served his constituents in Southern California with integrity, imagination, determination and a commitment to building a better America for all of us. In Congress, Schiff has focused on ensuring our country remains safe, encouraging economic growth and wages for families, securing the civil rights for all Americans, and focusing the resources and attention on the next generation of Americans.

Re: Schiff - 05/14/20 06:49 PM

https://adamschiff.com/

[size:17pt]Since first being elected in 2000, Congressman Adam Schiff has served his constituents in Southern California

How many homeless are in his district?

Re: Schiff - 05/20/20 08:59 PM

Quote:
Supreme Court for now stops House Democrats from seeing secret Mueller material

Re: Schiff - 05/20/20 09:10 PM

Quote:
Trumps Supreme Court is really afraid of the Democrats seeing the truth, aren't they? And you kept saying the Mueller Report was a waste. You couldn't be more wrong.

Re: Schiff - 05/20/20 09:30 PM

the Mueller Report was a waste

Schiff and Nadler had plenty of time to question Mueller when he appeared in person for questioning

Did you miss it?

Re: Schiff - 05/20/20 09:36 PM

Schiff and Nadler had plenty of time to question Mueller when he appeared in person for questioning

Did you miss it?
plenty of time? No. I watched it. One day when Mueller was not feeling well. After he was impeached it went to the Senate where Mitch refused to let anyone testify, remember?

Re: Schiff - 05/20/20 11:09 PM

Quote:

https://www.palmerreport.com/politics/no...he-house/28867/

No, the Supreme Court did NOT rule against giving Mueller Report evidence to the House

Today the Supreme Court placed a hold on a lower court judge’s ruling that Mueller Report grand jury evidence must be turned over to the House. This was nothing more than a procedural move, and not a ruling in the case – but it’s being wildly misrepresented and misreported in the media

Re: Schiff - 05/20/20 11:13 PM

Quote:

Ben444 - try reading it next time

Re: Schiff - 05/20/20 11:15 PM

Did you miss it?
plenty of time? No. I watched it. One day when Mueller was not feeling well.

Schiff and nadler had their time to ask questions

Re: Schiff - 05/20/20 11:19 PM

Did you miss it?
plenty of time? No. I watched it. One day when Mueller was not feeling well.

Yes but they asked their questions to an old man who was even more wacked out than Trump. And Trump refuses to go under oath and answer questions as he would do if innocent.

Re: Schiff - 05/20/20 11:22 PM

Yes but they asked their questions to an old man who was even more wacked out .

Are you referring to Robert Mueller?

Re: Schiff - 05/20/20 11:25 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/mike-fl...-case-analysis/

Mike Flynn’s case could ultimately uncover why Bill Barr dropped the case: analysis

Re: Schiff - 05/21/20 12:37 PM

Re: Schiff - 05/21/20 01:49 PM

"OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING". 93,000+ people have died in what Trump called a hoax on Feb 28th.

Re: Schiff - 05/21/20 01:54 PM

https://www.politico.com/news/adam-schiff

ADAM SCHIFF

News, Analysis and Opinion from POLITICO

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 12:04 PM

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 12:08 PM

Yes but they asked their questions to an elderly man who was obviously very exhausted from two years of writing up a large report on all of Trumps crooked dealings. He had trouble speaking and he seemed hard of hearing also.

And Trump refuses to go under oath and answer questions as he would do if innocent. Mitch made sure of that.

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 12:17 PM

Yes but they asked their questions to an elderly man who was obviously very exhausted from two years of writing up a large report.

Do you really think he wrote?

He had trouble speaking and he seemed hard of hearing also

He did not have a clue what was in most of the report

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 12:29 PM

Yes but they asked their questions to an elderly man who was obviously very exhausted from two years of writing up a large report.

Do you really think he wrote?

He had trouble speaking and he seemed hard of hearing also

He did not have a clue what was in most of the report
Of course he wrote it. All you Trumps lovers saying otherwise disgust me. I just explained to you his physical condition making it difficult for him to concentrate that day.

What is Trumps excuse every day when he has not clue what is going on? I see now Trump has no idea what "per capita" means. This is horrifying.

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 12:38 PM

"OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING". 93,000+ people have died in what Trump called a hoax on Feb 28th.

The Hoax is 93,000+.

Those people did die, but not all from CV 19!

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 12:39 PM

The Hoax is 93,000+.

Those people did die, but not from CV 19!
Really? This sounds like a new theory. What did they die from?

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 12:45 PM

The Hoax is 93,000+.

Those people did die, but not from CV 19!
Really? This sounds like a new theory. What did they die from?
Not ALL died FROM CV19.

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 01:21 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/no-such...doomed-to-fail/

‘No such thing as Obamagate’: Steve Schmidt says Trump’s latest distraction doomed to fail

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 02:26 PM

This was a Letter to the Editor in the Finger Lakes Times last year.

The “redacted” Mueller report is out. Bob Mueller found President Trump doing a large number of unsavory and unethical and immoral actions if not totally illegal actions.

Former federal prosecutors (800+) now say Trump would of been charged with obstruction of justice if he were not the president! The constitution does not say you can not indict a sitting president. But it is Department of Justice policy. Mueller could of fought that in court but that would of likely dragged his investigation on for another year or two before his report saw the light of day. The theory is that president is too busy to be bothered with indictment. He can always be indicted after he is no longer president. But can fly to Florida every weekend to play golf?

Trump says the press is the enemy of the people. That is the most outrageous lie he has told out of his thousands of lies! A free press is what makes us a free people. Dictators such as Putin do not have a free press. If anyone in Russia dares to print or say something negative about Putin they run the risk of disappearing. Numerous journalists and others have indeed disappeared in Putin’s Russia never to be heard from again. Russia has state-run TV. We now have something similar in Fox news. Trump said as much recently when he accidentally referred to Fox News as “we”. That should frighten us all.

Our founding fathers who wrote our constitution did an outstanding job. They foresaw a rogue president someday. They thought this could best be dealt with by impeachment. They did not foresee a congress where its members would put party over country. One fateful day Republican Senator Barry Goldwater and two other Republican leaders went to the White House to visit Republican president Richard Nixon. They told him the House was going to impeach him and then the Senate was going to vote to throw him out of office so he would be wise to resign. Nixon resigned at noon two days later. NY has two Democratic senators but we need some Republican senators from other states to come forward who are willing to put country over party to save our democracy by getting rid of this low-life corrupt mob boss who somehow took over a political party. I still not sure how that happened?

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 08:35 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/whats-b...nts-under-oath/

What’s Bill Barr hiding in the Mueller report? It could be Trump’s false statements under oath

The court was considering a House Judiciary Committee request for grand jury materials that the DOJ had redacted from the published report. House lawyers argued the materials are relevant to pending impeachment proceedings against President Trump involving obstruction of justice.

Mueller, citing constitutional concerns, did not reach a conclusion “one way or the other” about whether the president committed the crime of obstruction, though his report made multiple pointed references to Congress’ ability to do so.

The Supreme Court did not block the House request permanently. Rather, it put a temporary hold on an earlier order from an appeals court to release the full report to Congress, including all grand jury material.

Judge Judy W. Rogers, writing for the majority in that appellate court decision, argued that the congressional request was standard, and that it was “only the president’s categorical resistance and the department’s objection that is unprecedented.”

If the DOJ fails to respond — which is highly unlikely — Congress will get to see the grand jury information. Most likely, Congress and the Justice Department will square off directly before the Supreme Court, in what could be a historic constitutional showdown.

Attorney General Bill Barr has clung tightly to his redactions since releasing the report to the public last spring. Of all the blacked-out sections, Barr has fought hardest to keep the grand jury information secret.

It is conceivable, according to former federal prosecutors, that some of those redactions refer to what may seem a far-fetched scenario: Mueller’s grand jury could have considered the evidence on obstruction of justice, including testimony from the president himself.

A redacted passage in the report suggests that the grand jury saw Trump’s written responses to Mueller’s questions — which Mueller ultimately found unsatisfactory and which contained various contradictions and, according to Mueller himself, false statements.

Lying under oath to federal prosecutors is unequivocally a crime.

Almost all the grand jury information is in Volume I of the report, the conspiracy section. Volume II, however, which considers obstruction of justice, contains a few isolated redactions that tell the story of Mueller’s attempts to get Trump to sit for an interview.

Mueller initially requested an in-person interview, but after going back and forth with the president’s lawyers for more than a year, the two sides agreed on written responses.

This paragraph points out that Trump “did not similarly agree to provide written answers to questions on obstruction topics …”

At the end of that paragraph, Mueller sends the reader to Appendix C for more detail. But there, in the middle of the same narrative, that extra detail is also redacted.

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 08:41 PM

Trump is quilty as hell. It is shameful what Barr is doing.

Lying under oath to federal prosecutors is unequivocally a crime.

Almost all the grand jury information is in Volume I of the report, the conspiracy section. Volume II, however, which considers obstruction of justice, contains a few isolated redactions that tell the story of Mueller’s attempts to get Trump to sit for an interview.

Mueller initially requested an in-person interview, but after going back and forth with the president’s lawyers for more than a year, the two sides agreed on written responses.

This paragraph points out that Trump “did not similarly agree to provide written answers to questions on obstruction topics …”

At the end of that paragraph, Mueller sends the reader to Appendix C for more detail. But there, in the middle of the same narrative, that extra detail is also redacted.

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 09:20 PM

If Barr and Trump get away with this, it could be the final nail in the coffin of our 240 year experiment in our democracy.

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 09:30 PM

This was a Letter to the Editor in the Finger Lakes Times last year.

[size:14pt]The “redacted” Mueller report is out. Bob Mueller found President Trump doing a large number of unsavory and unethical and immoral actions if not totally illegal actions.

It was in the paper last year?

Who sent it in to the local paper?

Did comey leak it?

Where is all the evidence that Schiff said he had?

Where is the MISSING 302?

Without the 302 the investigation could not take place

But you know that...

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 09:33 PM

‘No such thing as Obamagate’: Steve Schmidt says Trump’s latest distraction doomed to fail

Ever wonder why Steve Schmidt set up North Korea's internet?

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 11:37 PM

Ever wonder why Steve Schmidt set up North Korea's internet?
Never but I wonder how you can come up with so much baloney.

Re: Schiff - 05/22/20 11:37 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/self-oa...-rachel-maddow/

‘Self-OANN’: Trump’s favorite channel mocked after losing lawsuit against Rachel Maddow

Re: Schiff - 05/30/20 09:53 PM

Adam Schiff >>> We are one nation. One nation in need of justice and healing. I don’t expect this “president” to understand that. But I do expect him to stop stoking the fires of racism and constrain his apparent zeal for bloodshed. And if cannot, he can do the nation a service, and shut up.

Re: Schiff - 05/31/20 01:06 AM

Schiff has more crap than you Kyle which is hard to do!

Re: Schiff - 05/31/20 07:08 AM

So are you in favor of no government at all? That is called anarchy. I fear Trump is getting us closer to that every day.

Re: Schiff - 05/31/20 02:34 PM

Oh boy! Kyle you need to take your medicine!

Re: Schiff - 05/31/20 10:10 PM

Oh boy! Kyle you need to take your medicine!
That is the best you can do? you are failing now.

Re: Schiff - 05/31/20 10:28 PM

Got to tell it like it is! You do need your psycho meds!

Re: Schiff - 05/31/20 10:31 PM

Got to tell it like it is! You do need your psycho meds!
This is such a silly argument. Grow up.

Re: Schiff - 05/31/20 10:35 PM

You liberals are pretty unstable! LOL!

Re: Schiff - 05/31/20 10:43 PM

You liberals are pretty unstable! LOL!
As I said this is like a fifth grade argument. Sort of like I expect from a hardcore Trump supporter. Is this all the better you can do?

Re: Schiff - 06/01/20 12:12 AM

You do need your meds Kyle!

Re: Schiff - 06/01/20 12:42 AM

How would you know? Are you a doctor or just a blow hard?

Re: Schiff - 06/01/20 12:45 AM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/rattled...e-house-reprot/

‘Rattled’ Trump rushed to the bunker as protesters surrounded the White House: report

Published 9 mins ago on May 31, 2020By Sarah K. Burris

Re: Schiff - 06/01/20 02:43 AM

How would you know? Are you a doctor or just a blow hard?
I know of a lot of unstable people like you!

Re: Schiff - 06/01/20 02:45 AM

‘Rattled’ Trump rushed to the bunker as protesters surrounded the White House: report

Oh boy! More garbage news! Trump wasn't even at the White House! He was in Florida for the SpaceX launch!

Re: Schiff - 06/01/20 05:47 AM

Oh boy! More garbage news! Trump wasn't even at the White House! He was in Florida for the SpaceX launch!
Is USATODAY fake news too? The first attempted SpaceX launched failed but not as bad as Trump is failing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...say/5303983002/

Trump taken to underground bunker as protests grew outside White House: Reports

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump was briefly moved to the White House's underground bunker Friday night to shelter in place for a brief period of time as the protest grew outside the Executive Mansion, according to multiple outlets.

Re: Schiff - 06/01/20 03:08 PM

He will probably be re-elected to Kyle! Who does your side have? Sleepy Joe!

Re: Schiff - 06/03/20 09:42 AM

He will probably be re-elected to Kyle! Who does your side have? Sleepy Joe!
Trump picks silly names for all his political opponents like the immature child that he is. Joe Biden will save our democracy. Dictator Trump is on route to destroy it.

Re: Schiff - 06/06/20 03:27 AM

Yeah sure Kyle! Keep reading the lefty BS!

Re: Schiff - 06/06/20 07:10 AM

Yeah sure Kyle! Keep reading the lefty BS!
Then why don't you tell me what to read? I haven't see you posting any reading material at all?

Re: Schiff - 06/10/20 02:51 AM

Don't have to the time you do Kyle! I have to work to pay for your welfare!

Re: Schiff - 06/10/20 06:55 AM

Don't have to the time you do Kyle! I have to work to pay for your welfare!
What a joke that is. It would not take you any longer than the silly comments you make now. And some member of the right wing lunatic fringe might believe what you post.

Re: Schiff - 07/11/20 11:01 PM

Quote:
Breaking - from Washington Post:

Roger Stone remains a convicted felon, and rightly so

By Robert S. Mueller III

Re: Schiff - 07/11/20 11:06 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/robert-...onvicted-felon/

Robert Mueller blasts commutation of Roger Stone’s sentence: ‘He remains a convicted felon’

Former special counsel Robert Mueller spoke out about President Donald Trump’s commutation of Roger Stone’s criminal conviction in an op-ed published online on Saturday by The Washington Post.

“The work of the special counsel’s office — its report, indictments, guilty pleas and convictions — should speak for itself. But I feel compelled to respond both to broad claims that our investigation was illegitimate and our motives were improper, and to specific claims that Roger Stone was a victim of our office. The Russia investigation was of paramount importance. Stone was prosecuted and convicted because he committed federal crimes. He remains a convicted felon, and rightly so,” Mueller wrote.

“Russia’s actions were a threat to America’s democracy. It was critical that they be investigated and understood. By late 2016, the FBI had evidence that the Russians had signaled to a Trump campaign adviser that they could assist the campaign through the anonymous release of information damaging to the Democratic candidate. And the FBI knew that the Russians had done just that: Beginning in July 2016, WikiLeaks released emails stolen by Russian military intelligence officers from the Clinton campaign,” Mueller explained.

“Congress also investigated and sought information from Stone. A jury later determined he lied repeatedly to members of Congress. He lied about the identity of his intermediary to WikiLeaks. He lied about the existence of written communications with his intermediary. He lied by denying he had communicated with the Trump campaign about the timing of WikiLeaks’ releases. He in fact updated senior campaign officials repeatedly about WikiLeaks. And he tampered with a witness, imploring him to stonewall Congress,” he wrote.

“The jury ultimately convicted Stone of obstruction of a congressional investigation, five counts of making false statements to Congress and tampering with a witness. Because his sentence has been commuted, he will not go to prison. But his conviction stands,” the former FBI director declared.

Read the full report.

Re: Schiff - 07/11/20 11:47 PM

Scott Dworkin

Robert Mueller just essentially called Trump a pathological liar in public.

Re: Schiff - 07/11/20 11:57 PM

Adam Klasfeld

To put a fine point on it:

Just a few hours before Trump’s commutation, Roger Stone told NBC‘s @HowardFineman that he wanted and expected that commutation, making a point to add that he faced “enormous pressure” to turn on the president but did not.

Re: Schiff - 07/11/20 11:58 PM

Adam Klasfeld

To put a fine point on it:

Just a few hours before Trump’s commutation, Roger Stone told NBC‘s @HowardFineman that he wanted and expected that commutation, making a point to add that he faced “enormous pressure” to turn on the president but did not.

Deb Harvey @Lilha1050

I didn't turn on him......which means he knows the corrupt shit trump has done....how honorable

Re: Schiff - 07/11/20 11:59 PM

James Madison: "If the President be connected, in any suspicious manner, with any person, and there be grounds to believe he will shelter him, the House of Representatives can impeach him.”

Re: Schiff - 07/11/20 11:59 PM

They've done everything in plain sight and not a damn thing is done about it.

Re: Schiff - 07/12/20 12:02 AM

Walter Shaub (former director of Gov Ethics office)

Trump is the immediate threat to democracy. But never ever forget that neither the corruption nor the fascism is specific to Trump. An entire political party is pursuing that dual goal.

Re: Schiff - 07/12/20 12:03 AM

Senator Chris Murphy:

Republicans don't care about democracy. They are willing to let it die in sycophantic service to their party's out of control leader.

THE REST OF US must save the republic. By working our asses off to vote out every single last one of the enablers, apologists, and cowards.

Re: Schiff - 07/12/20 12:27 AM

Trump’s campaign manager is a felon.
His deputy campaign manager is a felon.
His national security advisor is a felon.
His foreign policy advisor is a felon.
His personal lawyer is a felon.
His long time advisor is a felon.

It’s not a campaign, it’s a criminal enterprise.

Re: Schiff - 07/12/20 03:35 PM

Mr. Mueller must be feeling much better now. Maybe the House can call him to testify again?

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/the-rat...stify-on-trump/

‘The rats are leaving the sinking ship’: Internet stunned after Lindsey Graham agrees to let Mueller testify on Trump

Re: Schiff - 07/12/20 06:52 PM

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/12/schiff-trump-roger-stone-sentence-358216

Schiff: Supporters of rule of law ’nauseated’ by Trump letting Roger Stone go free

Re: Schiff - 07/12/20 11:58 PM

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/12/schiff-trump-roger-stone-sentence-358216

Schiff: Supporters of rule of law ’nauseated’ by Trump letting Roger Stone go free

Do you think Adam Sckiff will get at cell with his buddy the nauseating Ed Buck?

Re: Schiff - 07/13/20 02:11 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/robert-...ity-is-obvious/

Robert Mueller saw this coming — and again Trump’s criminality is obvious

Re: Schiff - 07/27/20 06:41 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/impeach...n-russia-probe/

Impeachment lawyer shreds Mueller’s ‘unforgivable’ failure in Russia probe

Eisen helped bring Mueller to Capitol Hill, but he felt the former FBI director had “abdicated” his duty during the Russia probe and failed to rise to threat posed by Trump’s wrongdoing.

Re: Schiff - 07/28/20 10:42 AM

Robert Mueller

He could not answer basic questions when asked in front of the committee

Re: Schiff - 07/28/20 10:48 AM

Robert Mueller

I explained to you on here several times that he is elderly and was not feeling well that day. But you are a broken record just like Trump who repeats the same baloney over and over again. His testimony would not of be even necessary except that Barr had told serious lies about his report.

Re: Schiff - 07/28/20 10:52 AM

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/07/06/why-the-mueller-investigation-failed

Why the Mueller Investigation Failed

President Trump’s obstructions of justice were broader than those of Richard Nixon or Bill Clinton, and the special counsel’s investigation proved it. How come the report didn’t say so?

By Jeffrey Toobin

June 29, 2020

Re: Schiff - 07/28/20 10:53 AM

Washington Post:

Robert Mueller: Roger Stone remains a convicted felon

Jul 11, 2020 -

Re: Schiff - 07/28/20 02:30 PM

https://time.com/5556331/mueller-investigation-indictments-guilty-pleas/

Here Are All of the Indictments, Guilty Pleas and Convictions From Robert Mueller's Investigation

Since his appointment in May of 2017, Special Counsel Robert Mueller racked up a lengthy record of court wins, but none of them answered some of the central questions the public had about his investigation into potential collusion between President Donald Trump or his campaign and Russia.

Along with a team of experienced prosecutors and attorneys, the former FBI director has indicted, convicted or gotten guilty pleas from 34 people and three companies, including top advisers to President Trump, Russian spies and hackers with ties to the Kremlin. The charges, which Mueller referenced during his opening statement to the House Judiciary Committee on July 24, range from interfering with the 2016 election and hacking emails to lying to investigators and tampering with witnesses.

Re: Schiff - 07/29/20 11:41 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/bill-ba...e-house-lawyer/

Bill Barr seems to be at the ‘Rudy Giuliani stage’ of his credibility: Ex-White House lawyer

He cited an editorial in USA Today by Ken Starr’s deputy, Paul Rosenzweig, a prominent Republican, who said that Barr lied about the Mueller report, the Roger Stone sentencing fiasco was unforgivable, and he did nothing in his testimony to dispel any of those problems.

Re: Schiff - 07/29/20 11:42 PM

Robert Mueller

I explained to you on here several times that he is elderly and was not feeling well that day. But you are a broken record just like Trump who repeats the same baloney over and over again. His testimony would not of be even necessary except that Barr had told serious lies about his report.

He cited an editorial in USA Today by Ken Starr’s deputy, Paul Rosenzweig, a prominent Republican, who said that Barr lied about the Mueller report,

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/bill-ba...e-house-lawyer/

Re: Schiff - 07/30/20 10:23 AM

Barr lied about the Mueller report,

why is Mueller quiet?

Re: Schiff - 07/30/20 11:17 AM

why is Mueller quiet?
Because he is an old man who doesn't feel well. Why don't you be quiet too?

Re: Schiff - 08/02/20 10:18 AM

why is Mueller quiet?
Because he is an old man who doesn't feel well.

He spoke about stone

Re: Schiff - 08/02/20 11:50 AM

why is Mueller quiet?
Because he is an old man who doesn't feel well.
He spoke about stone
What difference does it make when Trump pardons his crooked friend?

Re: Schiff - 08/06/20 09:25 PM

He did not mention trump

Re: Schiff - 08/06/20 09:38 PM

Facebook removes network of fake accounts that posed as Trump supporters

Re: Schiff - 11/03/20 10:19 AM

Thought you wanted him as your candidate and not Biden?

Re: Schiff - 11/03/20 10:44 AM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/the-ugl...trumps-threats/

Re: Schiff - 11/07/20 12:07 PM

What tv channel does he work for?

Re: Schiff - 11/07/20 01:06 PM

What tv channel does he work for?
Who are you talking about? You are so poor at explaining what or who you are talking about.

Re: Schiff - 11/07/20 04:33 PM

Who are you talking about?

The link you posted prior

Re: Schiff - 11/16/20 08:58 PM

Quote:

Biden's cancer charity spent more than $3.7 million on staff salaries

Joe Biden's cancer charity spent the majority of its money on staff payroll and gave NONE to research, it has been revealed

Where is Schiff?

Re: Schiff - 11/16/20 10:47 PM

Quote:

Joe Biden's cancer charity spent the majority of its money on staff payroll and gave NONE to research, it has been revealed

Where is Schiff?
He may be letting our new president Joe Biden get all the publicity.

Re: Schiff - 11/16/20 10:47 PM

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/twitter...f-the-platform/

Re: Schiff - 11/17/20 08:18 PM

Quote:

Where is Schiff?
He may be letting

Should Schiff not investigate Biden?

Re: Schiff - 11/17/20 09:05 PM

Should Schiff not investigate Biden?
I think he will be very very busy investigating Trump.

Re: Schiff - 11/19/20 12:11 AM

Did Schiff fail with the Logan act?

Re: Schiff - 11/19/20 12:40 AM

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/its-all-over-for-donald-trump-but-the-noise/34192/

Re: Schiff - 11/19/20 08:07 PM

Re: Schiff - 11/19/20 09:07 PM

Since I know nothing about the Logan act I cannot answer your ridiculous question for the 100th time.